PDA

View Full Version : "Vernon Adams a better option than Dak Prescott because..." WTH?

blacklistedbully
04-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Nate Davis, USA Today Sports said Adams would be a better QB option for the 49ers because, unlike Dak, Adams could be a nice asset as a player-coach. from the article:

- Vernon Adams, Oregon: He didn't play for Kelly's Ducks, but Adams already has a good grasp of the system after spending 2015 as Oregon's starter. His diminutive size (5-11, 200) suggests he probably won't cost more than a seventh rounder and could be a nice asset as a player-coach, and thus a better option than players like Dak Prescott, even if the 49ers draft another quarterback much earlier.

Follow Nate Davis on Twitter @ByNateDavis

Am I missing something here? Yes, I know Adams was at Oregon, and Chip Kelly was HC there before Adams, but that makes Adams a better potential player-coach than Dak?? Is our system that much different than Oregon's?

I can't imagine there being a better guy than Dak who could be a, "player-coach" type, though I also can't imagine any NFL team choosing a rookie QB for their, "coaching potential".

Is this guy FOS or am I off-the-mark here?

I seen it dawg
04-04-2016, 12:38 PM
The whole thing of that article is....who the **** is Nate Davis?

BeardoMSU
04-04-2016, 12:44 PM
The whole thing of that article is....who the **** is Nate Davis?

Found myself wondering the same thing...

Also, Dak's gonna be loooong gone by the time the 7th round starts, lol.

Commercecomet24
04-04-2016, 01:38 PM
The whole world is dumber for that article being written. That maybe one of the stupidest analysis I've ever read!

mic
04-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Nate Davis??? He must be trying to build his resume for hire at the CL...

State82
04-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Is this guy FOS or am I off-the-mark here?

FOS is the correct answer.