PDA

View Full Version : Dak to be a Cowboy?

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2016, 10:58 PM
As has been noted before. Lot of interest both ways.
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/04/03/dak-prescott-says-already-comfortable-cowboys-coaching-staff

Coach34
04-04-2016, 05:43 AM
That would be fantastic

Bucky Dog
04-04-2016, 06:38 AM
I'm hoping so. They have always been my favorite team since I was young, with Staubach and gang. Then it's been the Saints the last number of years because I get so frustrated with Romo and Jerry. Come on Cowboys!

PassInterference
04-04-2016, 07:04 AM
Maybe then the NFL TV schedulers can stop assuming all of Mississippi is a Eli/Giants fan.

RocketDawg
04-04-2016, 07:14 AM
Way back in the day, when I was in junior high and high school, I was a Redskins fan. It was the only southern team at the time. Didn't care much for St. Louis, and the local station in Meridian had the Skins on every Sunday anyway, so it was sort of a natural. When Dallas got the Cowboys, I morphed into watching them more than any other and fell into the "America's Team" mindset. In the early and mid-70s in grad school at UAH, we would always get out of class early when MNF had Dallas on ... class was from 7-9, and MNF came on at 8, so we would have an extremely abbreviated class on those nights. I also liked the Saints when Archie was there, but it was a lost cause for winning, and the Saints were the go to broadcast of the Meridian station (they still only had one station at the time, Jackson had two) after New Orleans got a team, and WTOK was the only station we could pick up ... no cable at the time.

I suppose my favorite teams now, in order, are Atlanta, Tennessee, Denver, Dallas, Green Bay, and Minnesota. So if Dak goes to either Dallas or Denver I won't be disappointed. I just hope it's not a team like Cleveland, Buffalo, or Cincinnati. For whatever reason, they just seem more "minor league" to me. Wherever he goes, I just hope he's a big success.

RocketDawg
04-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Maybe then the NFL TV schedulers can stop assuming all of Mississippi is a Eli/Giants fan.

Do the Mississippi stations show Giants games every Sunday? Here, it's Atlanta and Tennessee. Lots of local fans for both. The only time we see the Giants is when they're on Monday or Thursday nights. And that's fine with me.

was21
04-04-2016, 08:01 AM
I only get Louisiana stations and the Giants are usually on there as well as the Broncos (both for obvious reasons). To be honest, after watching college football all day Saturday, I'm not too interested in any NFL teams or professional sports in general. Having said that, I hope Dak makes a roster and has a chance to play along with any and all other State players.

Dallas_Dawg
04-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Can't ever trust what teams say leading up to the draft. They put a lot of effort into misleading the other teams so that no one knows who you really want
That being said, he will probably end up somewhere that we haven't discussed like an Arizona or NY Jets

sleepy dawg
04-04-2016, 09:20 AM
I'm hoping so. They have always been my favorite team since I was young, with Staubach and gang. Then it's been the Saints the last number of years because I get so frustrated with Romo and Jerry. Come on Cowboys!

So you switch teams based on how they're performing?.... got it.

Dawgowar
04-04-2016, 11:35 AM
As has been noted before. Lot of interest both ways.
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/04/03/dak-prescott-says-already-comfortable-cowboys-coaching-staff

That workout was from three weeks ago. The Cowboys have also worked out The Cal QB (Jerry and Stephen Jones both attended, as did Garrett) and this year's overhype awardee from NDSU - no way I pick lower division QB in top ten of the NFL Draft ever. They also worked out or sent somebody to a workout for Paxton Lynch. They also visited with the kid from Penn State and Michigan State's Conner Cook.

Dak is a legitimate option and his name keeps popping up post-DUI but he is far from the lone candidate. I think there is logic in feigning first round interest in a QB - if Cleveland opts not to pick a QB you could two or three teams now get antsy to move up.

Then again, Jerry breaks my heart and drafts a long snapper with the number 4 overall pick. Love the Cowboys. Like Jerry for his biz prowess but unfortunately you have to put up with the 'Anybody With Money Can Be A GM' side of him as well.

"Uuuuh, we, uh, know that long snapper is a real strategic position and feel like we have helped our special teams efforts tremendously."

ScoobaDawg
04-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I don't really care about the NFL a ton (that might change finally with Dak...) but I'd HATE to see his career ruined by Jerry Jones.

blacklistedbully
04-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Though I'll pull for Dak wherever he goes, and realize an NFL contract is a great thing, regardless of team, for personal reasons I hope he does not end up in Dallas. Dallas and Seattle are a couple of teams I just could not imagine pulling for, and I'd much rather Dak go to a team I can get behind.

tireddawg
04-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Way back in the day, when I was in junior high and high school, I was a Redskins fan. It was the only southern team at the time. Didn't care much for St. Louis, and the local station in Meridian had the Skins on every Sunday anyway, so it was sort of a natural. When Dallas got the Cowboys, I morphed into watching them more than any other and fell into the "America's Team" mindset. In the early and mid-70s in grad school at UAH, we would always get out of class early when MNF had Dallas on ... class was from 7-9, and MNF came on at 8, so we would have an extremely abbreviated class on those nights. I also liked the Saints when Archie was there, but it was a lost cause for winning, and the Saints were the go to broadcast of the Meridian station (they still only had one station at the time, Jackson had two) after New Orleans got a team, and WTOK was the only station we could pick up ... no cable at the time.

I suppose my favorite teams now, in order, are Atlanta, Tennessee, Denver, Dallas, Green Bay, and Minnesota. So if Dak goes to either Dallas or Denver I won't be disappointed. I just hope it's not a team like Cleveland, Buffalo, or Cincinnati. For whatever reason, they just seem more "minor league" to me. Wherever he goes, I just hope he's a big success.

You weren't much of a skins fan. I've been a skins fan for 30 years & I'll be damned before I root for Dallas. I could never root for them even if Dak plays for them. I hope they don't draft him..