PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Baseball

Dawg62
04-03-2016, 07:32 PM
And ESPN puts a woman in the booth for their signature game.

Dawg62
04-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Blacked out on their local feeds. Woman sounds like she's mumbling can't understand a word she says. Damn diversity.

shoeless joe
04-03-2016, 08:03 PM
They started this last year.

On the bright side I am glad to have MLB back.

msstate7
04-03-2016, 08:13 PM
They started this last year.

On the bright side I am glad to have MLB back.

It's not back till Teheran shows up scherzer tomorrow afternoon

RocketDawg
04-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Blacked out on their local feeds. Woman sounds like she's mumbling can't understand a word she says. Damn diversity.

Yeah, she is a bit hard to understand. Who is she? Did she ever play baseball?

Dawg62
04-03-2016, 08:31 PM

Jessica Mendoza. Doesn't have what it takes to announce and I'll be damned if she's gonna be in there every Sunday night.

She actually compared her softball to something a player did earlier in the game. Get your softball rise-ball running bunt bull shit out of here.

Rambling, incoherent, no flow to her voice.

Dawg62
04-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Search Jessica Mendoza on Twitter and enjoy.

shoeless joe
04-03-2016, 08:33 PM

Jessica Mendoza...she played softball I think. So she brings a lot of MLB experience*

She used to do the sideline reports for the Saturday nite espnu SEC games. She supplies absolutely zero in terms of meaningful insight. She basically tells the answers that players and coaches give to her questions. Straight agenda move by ESPN...I have come to expect nothing less.

shoeless joe
04-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Jessica Mendoza. Doesn't have what it takes to announce and I'll be damned if she's gonna be in there every Sunday night.

She actually compared her softball to something a player did earlier in the game. Get your softball rise-ball running bunt bull shit out of here.

Rambling, incoherent, no flow to her voice.

Get used to it. They started it during last year. I started a thread about her after hearing her during jake arrietta's no hitter in LA.

parabrave
04-03-2016, 08:41 PM

I would rather listen to the radio broadcast than the tv announcers. They never are discussing the aired game but always some team thats not playing or some other topic that has nothing to do with that game.

Dawg62
04-03-2016, 08:51 PM
I would rather listen to the radio broadcast than the tv announcers. They never are discussing the aired game but always some team thats not playing or some other topic that has nothing to do with that game.

Usually go with the local broadcast but ESPN blacks out Sunday Night

mic
04-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Maybe she will say she doesn't like Obama or she supports Cruz or Trump and they will fire or suspend her..

BoomBoom
04-03-2016, 09:19 PM
And ESPN puts a woman in the booth for their signature game.

she can't be worse than Tim McCarver, and we were subjected to him for decades.

Maroonthirteen
04-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Color me unimpressed ESPN! Put Caitlyn in the booth.****

Dawg62
04-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Color me unimpressed ESPN! Put Caitlyn in the booth.****

Jemele Hill would finish off the checklist of harmony.

msstate7
04-03-2016, 09:42 PM
I tuned in to see if she was as bad as advertised... She's terrible.

Dawg62
04-03-2016, 09:43 PM
I tuned in to see if she was as bad as advertised... She's terrible.

Lucky for you the Braves won't be the ESPN Sunday game much.

msstate7
04-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Lucky for you the Braves won't be the ESPN Sunday game much.

I listen to chip Carey every night... I'm not lucky haha

trob115
04-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Chip has got to be the worst in baseball.

shoeless joe
04-03-2016, 10:13 PM

He's not THE worst but he's dang close. Bad thing about that is that joe Simpson is one of the best color analysts and actually does a really good job on play-by-play. I felt like the braves missed a golden opportunity a few years back to pair Simpson and smoltz in the booth.

While on the topic of riding dad's coat tails, joe buck is awful. How could you be the supposed voice of a sport and still have absolutely no clue how it's played.

Dawg61
04-04-2016, 01:06 AM

No that would be Hawk Harelson. 2nd worst is the prick Santangelo that announces the Nats games.

trob115
04-04-2016, 08:24 AM
No that would be Hawk Harelson. 2nd worst is the prick Santangelo that announces the Nats games.

Hawk> Chip imo because you don't have to listen to him talking about how much booze he drank the night before.

BB30
04-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Yea, I just do not get it. There are an unbelievable amount of guys that have played professional baseball with an intimate knowledge of the game and we get this for PC reasons. All it is doing is hurting the "customer" that tunes into the game for the sake of being "fair". Not a knock on Mendoza but there are so many more people that are more qualified for the job.

Dawg62
04-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Not a knock on Mendoza but there are so many more people that are more qualified for the job.

It is a knock on her because she wasn't bad because she's a woman, she's terrible because she doesn't have the talent to commentate. Her flow with the other guys was terrible. Inaudible half the time, literally mumbling in the background. And when she did put forth a coherent thought she took 20 seconds to say what should have taken 8-10... And she's a woman.