PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs Northern Miss Game 3 thread...

Pages : 1 [2]

Mumbles
04-03-2016, 04:37 PM
dp ball here and all is well

msstate7
04-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Matt Wyatt loves bortles... Wyatt should just join cross and do om games

Mumbles
04-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Matt Wyatt loves bortles... Wyatt should just join cross and do om games

biggest problem I have with Matt is he doesn't really know baseball. and won't shut the **** up

Bucky Dog
04-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Don't worry, Coach. I'm sure Reid will give up 3 in the ninth so you can feel better!

I was just kidding Reid!!

Mumbles
04-03-2016, 04:40 PM
big K

Ralph
04-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Sit down ***

Dawg62
04-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Shit

Mumbles
Well. **** it.their catcher raped us today

state66
Wes Johnson does some head scratching shit. No idea why we left humphreys out there.

Ralph

msstate7
04-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Hit 1, walked 2 and we stuck with hump... Our bullpen sucks.

Mumbles
04-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Wes Jonihnson does some head scratching shit. No idea why we left humphreys out there.

as much as cohen does matchup shit for left right and then leave reid out there for that. christ almighty. the guy who's raked all day.

Bucky Dog
04-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Let's get 3!

99jc
04-03-2016, 04:44 PM

3.............GTHOM

Bucky Dog
Wes Johnson does some head scratching shit. No idea why we left humphreys out there.

For his bat!

msstate7

I'm in the minority, but I think Wes has done a terrible job so far. Wes got handed 2 pitchers (sexton and Hudson... Both came on at the end of last year and continued it in the summer) on a silver platter and has essentially gotten nothing from anyone else, but rigby.

I'm not calling for him to be fired, but I do think he needs to get more from a staff that's much more talented than they've shown

shoeless joe
04-03-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm in the minority, but I think Wes has done a terrible job so far. Wes got handed 2 pitchers (sexton and Hudson... Both came on at the end of last year and continued it in the summer) on a silver platter and has essentially gotten nothing from anyone else, but rigby.

Absolutely zero way to make any judgement on what he's done until he has a full offseason. Right now he's merely taking what Cohen has already told him and what he's seen so far this year and making recommendations. That's it. I haven't seen anything to blow me away or make me think he's done a poor job.

MarketingBully
04-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Difference in the game was 5 runs off of walks, hit batsmen, and errors....

Bucky Dog
04-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Difference in the game was 5 runs off of walks, hit batsmen, and errors....

And throw in a few WP's. And bad base running.

BayouDawg
04-03-2016, 04:56 PM
our approach on Sundays sucks. Obviously the pitching is shit but add to that all the careless errors in the field and it's a complete cluster every game 3.

msstate7
And throw in a few WP's. And bad base running.

And Collins' piss poor defense... He did somewhat avenge himself though

Bothrops
We have to win on Fri and Sat or lose the series. That ain't gonna change. Needed this win.

MarketingBully

If Robson was still out there, that ball is caught by Mangum. You had Rooker who doesn't have the speed of Mangum or Robson. Not sure why they took Robson out. That cost us two runs. Then you had the run they got because the umpire sucks.

Bucky Dog
04-03-2016, 04:58 PM
If Reid would have gone 4-4 we would have won. Screw you Reid***

MarketingBully
04-03-2016, 04:58 PM
It's our approach on Sunday's more then anything. We felt we had the series in the bag again. We need to change our mindset on Sunday's. Just have to. With all that said commanding lead in the west and one game back overall.

msstate7
04-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Good series win... Not happy with today, but I'll take the series win. Worried about this coming weekend... Florida can match our pitching on Friday and Saturday. If we lose Friday, I think we come home 6-6 in sec play. Really need Hudson to be special

BayouDawg
04-03-2016, 04:59 PM
We have to win on Fri and Sat or lose the series. That ain't gonna change. Needed this win.
Yep and that's not gonna bode well come post season.

BayouDawg
04-03-2016, 05:00 PM
It's our approach on Sunday's more then anything. We felt we had the series in the bag again. We need to change our mindset on Sunday's. Just have to. With all that said commanding lead in the west and one game back overall.

I couldn't agree more. It just looks like the team is hangin out on Sundays

CadaverDawg
04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
If Reid would have gone 4-4 we would have won. Screw you Reid***

Haha exactly

MarketingBully
04-03-2016, 05:03 PM

I'm not calling for him to be fired, but I do think he needs to get more from a staff that's much more talented than they've shown

I don't think Hudson or Sexton is this good with Butch Thompson. Johnson has worked well with them. If I'm not mistaken, Johnson helped Hudson with his cutter. I think he is still figuring out the bullpen but Thompson wouldn't have Sexton and Hudson as dominent. Read what Sexton says about Johnson. He is scheduled and has a plan for these kids. Thompson's idea was not give them a plan but just play loosey goosey (which might be why it takes pitchers to their third year to develop under him). I think we will start seeing better starting pitching then we ever have under Johnson. He will get the bullpen figured out.

Bothrops
04-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Taking Robson out was a huge wtf??

MarketingBully
04-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Good series win... Not happy with today, but I'll take the series win. Worried about this coming weekend... Florida can match our pitching on Friday and Saturday. If we lose Friday, I think we come home 6-6 in sec play. Really need Hudson to be special

It's not the Sunday pitching as much as it's the mindset. Our first Sunday win might be when we lose either Friday or Saturday. I still think we need to give Houston a chance now as our starter on Sunday. Brown should be relegated to the weekday starting role.

Bothrops
04-03-2016, 05:07 PM
It's not the Sunday pitching as much as it's the mindset. Our first Sunday win might be when we lose either Friday or Saturday. I still think we need to give Houston a chance now as our starter on Sunday. Brown should be relegated to the weekday starting role.

I agree with this some.

I seen it dawg
04-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Something had to happen for Robson to come out. Something we may never know about.

And anybody (meaning mstate7 specifically) thinking Wes Johnson isn't making a huge impact on this staff doesn't know shit about pitching. Hudson was a mental midget and now is gonna be a top 1st round pick. He turned on his light bulb.

He can't help that it seems as if Brown, Houston, and Tatum seem to have their own little jack off clique and won't buy in and get better. He's done great work in a very short time with not one guy he had anything to do with getting on campus. He's the best coach on our staff by far.

msstate7
04-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Something had to happen for Robson to come out. Something we may never know about.

And anybody (meaning mstate7 specifically) thinking Wes Johnson isn't making a huge impact on this staff doesn't know shit about pitching. Hudson was a mental midget and now is gonna be a top 1st round pick. He turned on his light bulb.

He can't help that it seems as if Brown, Houston, and Tatum seem to have their own little jack off clique and won't buy in and get better. He's done great work in a very short time with not one guy he had anything to do with getting on campus. He's the best coach on our staff by far.

Hudson was good down the stretch last year, led the cape in era, and was a preseason AA. You really giving Johnson all the credit for Hudson... Really?

Forget that though... Who else? We have a 3 pitcher staff

mic
04-03-2016, 05:26 PM

If Houston can't get outs in blowout games .. What the hell makes anyone think he can start on the road at UF and not shit himself..
Its a shame to have someone blessed with a rocket launcher for a right arm and he cant even see the mound in a weekend series..

CJDAWG85
04-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Overall, good weekend. Today was just sloppy. All 5 runs came from 3 big hits. Had plenty of chances to win.

mic
04-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Hudson was good down the stretch last year, led the cape in era, and was a preseason AA. You really giving Johnson all the credit for Hudson... Really?

If you don't think Wes Johnson is night and day better than Moo Moo then it's best for you to read more and post less on baseball threads....

msstate7
04-03-2016, 05:29 PM
If Houston can't get outs in blowout games .. What the hell makes anyone think he can start on the road at UF and not shit himself..
Its a shame to have someone blessed with a rocket launcher for a right arm and he cant even see the mound in a weekend series..

I'm really disappointed in Houston. Houston pitched well to close the year last season and we've gotten zip this year

msstate7
04-03-2016, 05:31 PM
If you don't think Wes Johnson is night and day better than Moo Moo then it's best for you to read more and post less on baseball threads....

Why is he better? I wasn't thrilled with butch once the ball changed either. I just haven't seen anything to convince me wes Johnson is Leo Mazzone like everyone here

I seen it dawg
04-03-2016, 05:31 PM

He was just good with great stuff until the Vandy Friday. Now he is a true shutdown ace. The light went off. Pilkington, Hughes, Breaux, Small, James and even Humphries can give you a quality inning but you can't leave them too long which we have done. Rigby? Yeah he was a cape stud...oh wait he went to East ****ing Mississippi last year.

I will give you he has failed with Tatum, Houston, and Brown...the best coach can sometimes not even help some...

And all of this getting here in October. You are flat ass wrong if you think Johnson hasn't had a huge impact on our staff.

I seen it dawg
04-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Why is he better? I wasn't thrilled with butch once the ball changed either. I just haven't seen anything to convince me wes Johnson is Leo Mazzone like everyone here

I don't see anyone jacking Johnson off in every thread at all. But why do you continue, and pretty much the only one, to say Johnson hasn't done anything? It's just flat out wrong.

msstate7
04-03-2016, 05:35 PM
I don't see anyone jacking Johnson off in every thread at all. But why do you continue, and pretty much the only one, to say Johnson hasn't done anything? It's just flat out wrong.

Bc we're 3 deep as a staff right now. If not Johnson, who do I blame?

shoeless joe
04-03-2016, 05:43 PM

The players

smootness
04-03-2016, 05:45 PM

Why would you blame him? We are pitching a whole bunch of newcomers right now, and the guys that are pitching well were not as good in the past. Johnson certainly shouldn't get all the credit for their improvement, but he also certainly shouldn't get the blame for our lack of dependable options. That is about recruiting and lack of development to this point, especially for a guy like Tatum.

I seen it dawg
04-03-2016, 05:47 PM

Every pitcher we have except for Hudson, Sexton (who were both fairly established and needed polish though Hudson needed the final push to put his head with his physical stuff which has happened the last month), Tatum, Houston, And Brown are new. And they for the most part have shown flashes of being good. THB aren't buying in and it's showing as they stink. Johnsons track record is also pretty damn good before he got here. You're just way off on this.

msstate7
04-03-2016, 05:48 PM
The players

Yeah, but players have to be put in position to do well and I question moves today like not giving breaux, pilkington, or James a shot while letting hump give back all got in the 8th. We let him walk 2 and hit 1, but continue

msstate7
04-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Why would you blame him? We are pitching a whole bunch of newcomers right now, and the guys that are pitching well were not as good in the past. Johnson certainly shouldn't get all the credit for their improvement, but he also certainly shouldn't get the blame for our lack of dependable options. That is about recruiting and lack of development to this point, especially for a guy like Tatum.

Most of my frustration stems from getting nothing from Houston, brown, and Tatum. Houston finished strong last year. Brown was poised to make a jump after a solid summer. I'm just really frustrated at our pitching depth

mic
04-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Yeah, but players have to be put in position to do well and I question moves today like not giving breaux, pilkington, or James a shot while letting hump give back all got in the 8th. We let him walk 2 and hit 1, but continue

Because we lose his bat if we take him out .. And heaven forbid we lose his bat..

How many games did we win last year with a "veteran" staff... ??? Exactly..

I seen it dawg
04-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Most of my frustration stems from getting nothing from Houston, brown, and Tatum. Houston finished strong last year. Brown was poised to make a jump after a solid summer. I'm just really frustrated at our pitching depth

This all day. And which three names are in this post? They haven't bought in.

smootness
04-03-2016, 05:53 PM
It's not a big deal when people raise hell about IJ, Fred, Holloway, Cleveland, Warren- but suddenly Hump becomes the hot button issue. Love it

First, I've defended all 5. Because they're State players.

Second, one of these is not like the others. Let's see if you can guess which one.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2016, 05:53 PM

Second, one of these is not like the others. Let's see if you can guess which one.

Exactly.

mic
04-03-2016, 05:55 PM
And actually today wasn't all on the Sunday rotation.. We have to score more runs on that piece of shit UMiss ran out there this first few innings to start the game.. And we gave them too many runs..

smootness
04-03-2016, 05:57 PM

Oh, I totally agree with the frustration. But that's not on Johnson. Butch Thompson, like Johnson, is a really good pitching coach, so you can't really expect Johnson to come in and do in a month or two what Thompson wasn't able to do in 2.5 years.

MarketingBully
04-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Johnson's strength and always has been is developing starting pitching. Butch's strength was developing the bullpen. Johnson hasn't had enough time with his pitchers to know when to take the pitcher out or when to leave them in. But to be fair down the stretch last year, that art had escaped Thompson as well. We have a lot of great pitching depth on this team but we just have to understand where to put some of these guys and when to take them out. I say give Houston a chance on Sunday. He has great stuff and maybe pitching him on Sunday against Florida would do the trick for his confidence. Small, Breaux, Rigby, Humphreys, and Hughes are great pitchers out of the bullpen. Pilkington is doing a great job as a midweek starter. I'd move Brown there going forward as well. I'd also like to see him pitch Padget more. I think that kid is going to be a great SEC starter for us down the road.

MarketingBully
04-03-2016, 06:32 PM

If Rankin ends up dominating at LT or RT, we should smack Hev around for the Warren experiment.