PDA

View Full Version : Dan post-scrimmage interview.

Leroy Jenkins
04-02-2016, 05:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1RvOuWX3VA

Bonner sucks.

TXDawg
04-02-2016, 06:18 PM
I know most on here don't read the CL, but Bonner wrote an article about "5 Things to Watch in the Scrimmage" a couple of days ago. Not surprisingly, #5 was "The Simmons Situation". In that blurb, he stated that Mullen WILL be asked about Jeffry Simmons.

It's pretty obvious that Bonner (certainly under orders from Kellenburger) is trying to keep this story in the spotlight.

I fully expect to see an "editorial" from Kellenburger soon that gives the opinion that Mullen's "ONLY" option is to release Simmons. Furthermore, when Mullen decides to keep him, you can bet that HK (and probably Bonner) will write articles raking Mullen over the coals for that decision.

starkvegasdawg
04-02-2016, 06:21 PM
17 em.

Treemydawg
04-02-2016, 06:27 PM
I know most on here don't read the CL, but Bonner wrote an article about "5 Things to Watch in the Scrimmage" a couple of days ago. Not surprisingly, #5 was "The Simmons Situation". In that blurb, he stated that Mullen WILL be asked about Jeffry Simmons.

It's pretty obvious that Bonner (certainly under orders from Kellenburger) is trying to keep this story in the spotlight.

I fully expect to see an "editorial" from Kellenburger soon that gives the opinion that Mullen's "ONLY" option is to release Simmons. Furthermore, when Mullen decides to keep him, you can bet that HK (and probably Bonner) will write articles raking Mullen over the coals for that decision.

First mistake is reading the CL. Second mistake is GAF what they think.

Thrill1
04-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Kellenburger was there too and I believe asked one of the follow up Q's.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Y'all know what the immortal Lou Brown said about the media right? "I'm for giving em all a big shitburger to eat!". That's how I feel about the CL. They can eat it!

ILOATHEBears
04-02-2016, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1RvOuWX3VA

Bonner sucks.

It's kinda hard for me to watch that video. Looking in the background seeing the expansion. Knowing we have given him everything he has asked for and I can't really tell if he wants to be here are not

Dawg61
04-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Hmmm smells like Bear somewhere in this thread

Political Hack
04-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Dan Mullen dismissed our best safety at a critical time during the middle of a season over domestic violence. He will not let talent dictate this situation. Based on what I've heard, everyone is calming down except the CL, which is the same paper not reporting on the huge academic scandal unfolding under Hugh Freeze.

coastratdog
04-02-2016, 09:14 PM
It's kinda hard for me to watch that video. Looking in the background seeing the expansion. Knowing we have given him everything he has asked for and I can't really tell if he wants to be here are not

The only person who thinks CDM doesn't want to be here is you so take ur sh!t to NAFOOM.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
04-02-2016, 09:27 PM
QUOTE=ILOATHEBears;529320]It's kinda hard for me to watch that video. Looking in the background seeing the expansion. Knowing we have given him everything he has asked for and I can't really tell if he wants to be here are not[/QUOTE]

It's kinda hard for me to read this quote. If he hadn't put such a successful product on the field no way any of the expansion or anything would have come to fruition whether he wanted it to or not. I want us to take the next step as much as anybody but you must have slept thru the Croom years. Croom made it known he wanted to be here - I'll take the 9 wins and not sure of Dan wanting to be here or not over that all day long.

ETA: I think he likes it here. I love my job but would listen to offers of lateral or possibly upward career path. Doesn't mean I hate where I am and can't wait to leave, just means I keep my eyes open. There's a difference in taking a call and having your agent reach out to any and every open spot.

SnoopDawg
04-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Why do people keep referring to the Simmons situation as domestic violence? Domestic violence is defined as a conflict between people who have a relationship like Husband and Wife, Boyfriend and Girlfriend, Father and Son, etc. I have yet to hear anyone refer to Jeffrey and the girl as boyfriend and girlfriend. They were just two people who knew each other and got into a fight. What am I missing here?

Dawgtini
04-02-2016, 09:53 PM
What am I missing here?

You are not a bear troll.

SDDawg
04-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Simmons is going to play at MSU. It's that simple. And MSU, Dan or Stricklin owe ZERO comments to the C-L or to Ole Miss fans about this situation. Nothing else needs to be said until July anyway when he enrolls and at that time the answer will be that Simmons has dealt with the off the field issues and is ready to go to work. I'll be SHOCKED if anything else happens here.

It's annoying as hell, but the best thing to do about this story is to not talk about it and ignore the C-L antics because it's not going to change a thing here.

Tbonewannabe
04-03-2016, 08:14 AM
I don't remember multiple articles talking about the little frat boy the Kimdeechees put in the hospital. I think the lawsuit is still pending. Strange how much different coverage is if the CL is really unbiased.

defiantdog
04-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Who cares about the Furlough Ledger.... on other news, Keytaon Thompson was at the scrimmage and that dude looked like he wanted to jump in the scrimmage. I have a good feeling about him.

Red Sox Dawg
04-03-2016, 08:55 AM
17 em.

What he said

Bully13
04-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Who cares about the Furlough Ledger.... on other news, Keytaon Thompson was at the scrimmage and that dude looked like he wanted to jump in the scrimmage. I have a good feeling about him.

Why does 247 have him listed as a hard commit to us but crystal balling him 80% to LSU?

Schultzy
04-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Why does 247 have him listed as a hard commit to us but crystal balling him 80% to LSU?

They have decided to go after him now, but we could have a good shot at keeping him with Myles' 1980's crappy offensive system and our success with Louisiana players, especially Dakota's success.

Political Hack
04-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Why do people keep referring to the Simmons situation as domestic violence? Domestic violence is defined as a conflict between people who have a relationship like Husband and Wife, Boyfriend and Girlfriend, Father and Son, etc. I have yet to hear anyone refer to Jeffrey and the girl as boyfriend and girlfriend. They were just two people who knew each other and got into a fight. What am I missing here?

Who called it domestic violence?