PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Wes Johnson,

messageboardsuperhero
04-02-2016, 04:33 PM
for giving our pitchers their nads back.

We have struck out 30 without walking ANYONE in the last 27 innings since the Saturday UGA monstrosity. That's going to win you a lot of ballgames. Figure out Sunday and we've got one of the most elite staffs in America.

Bothrops
04-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Yeah, Wes Johnson has helped us tremendously.

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2016, 08:04 PM
I don't miss butch at all.

Political Hack
04-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Abners is going to file a civil suit against Wes Johnson.

smootness
04-02-2016, 08:58 PM
If we can just fine a consistent guy that can get us through 5 IP on Sundays, or a couple guys who can each go one time through the order, then we're one of the best teams in the country. We probably are now anyway. But if we can get that fixed to some degree, we will be so tough to beat come postseason play.

msstate7
04-02-2016, 09:34 PM
If we can just fine a consistent guy that can get us through 5 IP on Sundays, or a couple guys who can each go one time through the order, then we're one of the best teams in the country. We probably are now anyway. But if we can get that fixed to some degree, we will be so tough to beat come postseason play.

I really like our 1-2 punch; but if 1 goes 6 ip, I'm not completely sold our pen can get those 9 outs and hold the lead. Who is our lefty out the pen to get a big time lh hitter? This is one of the reasons that I want Daniel brown out the pen... Small and breaux are capable, but they're capable of throwing gas on a rally too. I'm just not confident in our staff's depth right now... Starters or pen really.

Schultzy
04-03-2016, 07:47 AM
With Wes Johnson as pitching coach I believe we will improve greatly out of the pen as the season goes on. There is talent there.

Plus we need to score more runs on Sundays.

Coach34
04-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Today is where Mini-Me earns his money. Lots of choices and fresh arms. We got to get 9 innings of competitiveness from the mound today. Huge game today

Jack Lambert
04-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Today is where Mini-Me earns his money. Lots of choices and fresh arms. We got to get 9 innings of competitiveness from the mound today. Huge game today

Yeap!. Keep putting them in until you find one that is kicking ass and taking names.

Tbonewannabe
04-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Today is perfect for finding the guy. Tough team to play and the entire staff to find a guy. I would have 2 guys warming up in the first. Have a quick hook if someone is getting stroked.

Schultzy
04-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Daniel Brown, E. Small, Breaux, Hump.

Bucky Dog
04-03-2016, 09:08 AM
We need to find our Fitts, Ross, Holder combo for Sunday

cheewgumm
04-03-2016, 09:15 AM
From what I've seen I'd try starting Hughes or Breaux.

I think Highes could be like Graveman.

I'll admit I've only seen a small sample and maybe I caught them on great days.