PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

BeastMan
04-01-2016, 05:39 PM
What's up this weekend? We're rain soaked in the metro.

BeastMan
04-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Had to run to SAMs this morning for flour, sugar, and oil for work at 8 (as I often do on Saturdays). I always see people leisure shopping at that time. I can't think of a single good reason to be leisure shopping at or before 8am on a Saturday.

Uncle Ruckus
04-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Track and Field meet all damn day

WeWillScrewItUp
04-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Me and the fianc? made a trip to the coast today and had lunch at the Half Shell. Going to put a couple ribeyes on tomorrow.

SpeckleDawg
04-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Had to run to SAMs this morning for flour, sugar, and oil for work at 8 (as I often do on Saturdays). I always see people leisure shopping at that time. I can't think of a single good reason to be leisure shopping at or before 8am on a Saturday.

We definitely don't go that early, but I do find myself going earlier and earlier.

Spent the day catching bream, watching baseball and now having a few beers.

SpeckleDawg
04-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Me and the fianc? made a trip to the coast today and had lunch at the Half Shell.

One of the best restaurants on the coast, for the cost. We went Wednesday night. The grilled snapper was great.

BeastMan
04-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Tonight I'm doing roasted taters, mushrooms, onions, and cowboy ribeye. Got a 6er of Sierra Nevada Otra Vez gose style ale. Not a fan right now. Too sweet. I'll save it for summer when it's hot as hell. Will be good after cutting the yard. Switched to monkeynaut ipa. Much better.

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2016, 07:11 PM
So, today we celebrate the birth of a true American Hero - me. When my wife opened her business a few years ago, this humble beauracrat took over most of the cooking. My reward is my W Girl cooks my favorite meal for my birthday - country fried steak, buttermilk biscuits, Lima Beans, and mashed potatoes with white gravy. Pain in the ass to cook and clean up after - but she takes one for the team.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/BrunswickDawg/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsr2yzy1km.jpeg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/BrunswickDawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsr2yzy1km.jpeg.html)

And for dessert, I'm celebrating a great win over OM with a Jack and Coke in one of my vintage glasses. Hail State!

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/BrunswickDawg/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb60h8gwb.jpeg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/BrunswickDawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb60h8gwb.jpeg.html)

BeastMan
04-02-2016, 08:01 PM
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/B36171E0-9D2A-43CB-8500-1AA1E2F78FD9_zpsds8xazbf.jpg

BeastMan
04-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Brunswick, that looks un freaking believable

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Brunswick, that looks un freaking believable
It was. That cowboy ribeye looks pretty tasty too!

Uncle Ruckus
04-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Me and the fianc? made a trip to the coast today and had lunch at the Half Shell. Going to put a couple ribeyes on tomorrow.
We went to Bacchus on the Beach Friday in Pass Christian, it's also an oyster bar. I'd give the overal menu to Half Shell but Bacchus has my favorite oysters on the coast. I ordered something that I can only describe as loaded potatoe soup but crab was substituted for potato and it was topped with bread crumbs and fried oysters. Incredible.

SpeckleDawg
04-03-2016, 12:38 PM
We went to Bacchus on the Beach Friday in Pass Christian, it's also an oyster bar. I'd give the overal menu to Half Shell but Bacchus has my favorite oysters on the coast. I ordered something that I can only describe as loaded potatoe soup but crab was substituted for potato and it was topped with bread crumbs and fried oysters. Incredible.

Good to know. I've been there once, but didn't order oysters. I'll definitely try next time.

BeastMan
04-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Bachus is doing really well. They opened another one in Gulfport. The one in PC always looks like it's jamming.

Uncle Ruckus
04-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Good to know. I've been there once, but didn't order oysters. I'll definitely try next time.
I always at least get half a dozen of the ones that's grilled and topped with cheddar, bacon and jalape?os. My wife isn't crazy about oysters but she loves them

WeWillScrewItUp
04-05-2016, 02:47 AM
One of the best restaurants on the coast, for the cost. We went Wednesday night. The grilled snapper was great.

Since we went at lunch I went with the grilled tuna sandwich and it was excellent. My fiance went with the fried green tomato BLT. I highly recommend the crab and lobster dip as an appetizer if you don't go with oysters.

SpeckleDawg
04-05-2016, 09:17 AM
After all of the Bacchus on the Beach talk, we actually went last night. I was shocked at how packed it was on a Monday. We later found out that "Pork Chop Monday" is their busiest night of the week. $10 for pork chop, corn bread and turnip greens. It was tempting, but the grouper, topped with crab meat special was too good to pass up.

Uncle Ruckus
04-05-2016, 12:01 PM
After all of the Bacchus on the Beach talk, we actually went last night. I was shocked at how packed it was on a Monday. We later found out that "Pork Chop Monday" is their busiest night of the week. $10 for pork chop, corn bread and turnip greens. It was tempting, but the grouper, topped with crab meat special was too good to pass up.

Yeah, we tried to go on Monday last week and it was nuts, so we went to Hooks instead. We couldn't decide between the grouper with crab, Mahi topped with BBQ shrimp, or the cheesy crab and oysters that we got.