PDA

View Full Version : Oxford just can't hide their racism..anybody remember this gem?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-01-2016, 09:34 AM
particularly :22 - :56 mark

link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGjcZXthmc8)

BeardoMSU
04-01-2016, 09:53 AM
I remember this. Their mayor seems like a real gem.

Also, the cat at :59 is wearing red skinning jeans, and what look like Peter Pan shoes.....

Spiderman
04-01-2016, 09:54 AM
particularly :22 - :56 mark

link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGjcZXthmc8)

"No Dollar Generals or Family Dollars here on square"

Haha.

Might as well have said, "we don't have any fried chicken or rib shacks here on the square, or nail salons or rim shops, or check cashing places."

BeardoMSU
04-01-2016, 09:57 AM

Haha.

Might as well have said, "we don't have any fried chicken or rib shacks here on the square, or nail salons or rim shops, or check cashing places."

Oxford has a Walmart just like everyone else in MS....**in place of the obligatory "everyone has an asshole" saying**

JDog13
04-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Hey, there's Bracey Harris. That's the CL reporter that kept going after MSU last year. I wonder why???

RocketDawg
04-01-2016, 10:15 AM

Haha.

I can't open the link ... but I don't want any of those stores/businesses in my neighborhood or near me either ....

BeardoMSU
04-01-2016, 10:18 AM
I can't open the link ... but I don't want any of those stores/businesses in my neighborhood or near me either ....

I would definitely like more restaurants in Starkville....boutique stores, on the other hand...meh

Spiderman
04-01-2016, 10:57 AM

He was saying they didn't have any "black type businesses" on the square, which is why blacks didn't go there. They just have stuff white folks like.

Dawg61
04-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Old Misses new favorite line to say is "we don't have an Olive Garden tho".

TUSK
04-01-2016, 01:42 PM
I think I may be missing the point...

Is it being suggested that "community net loss" businesses need to be established solely for the sake of "diversity"?

Or is it just a crack on Patterson of how he "sanitized" his explanation of reality? I didn't think he was being "racist", though...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-01-2016, 01:56 PM
I think I may be missing the point...

Is it being suggested that "community net loss" businesses need to be established solely for the sake of "diversity"?

Or is it just a crack on Patterson of how he "sanitized" his explanation of reality? I didn't think he was being "racist", though...

Poor choice of words...more like racial profiling.

Ralph
04-01-2016, 02:32 PM
They setup a camera to find African Americans on the square