PDA

View Full Version : Latest OM investigation rumor...

Coach34
04-01-2016, 08:26 AM
and no this is not an April Fool's Day lark- but simply an anniversary present:

OM is having to disassociate some boosters due to the Investigation. One being in Tupelo. I dont know names- and dont really want to. And please dont throw them out on here. I found this to be interesting because all we had heard about was Cannon Motors and their illegal bennies- but now this seems to be more added to the situation. If a booster is being disassociated- then the NCAA has called them out on something. So in addition to the Tonsil and Hampton illegal bennies from Cannon- the NCAA has more goodies on the Bearsharks

JDog13
04-01-2016, 08:45 AM
:)

BeardoMSU
04-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Too bad Sandra Bullock doesn't live in Tupelo**

Ralph
04-01-2016, 08:54 AM
I recall Rosebowl saying the first he heard of the investigation was through a neighbor telling him someone in Tupelo was being interviewed. Probably same person, although I have no clue who it is.

So the Cannon Motors deal likely didnt even come to the NCAA's attention until step daddy Tunsil got worked up.

Spiderman
04-01-2016, 08:56 AM
and no this is not an April Fool's Day lark- but simply an anniversary present:

OM is having to disassociate some boosters due to the Investigation. One being in Tupelo. I dont know names- and dont really want to. And please dont throw them out on here. I found this to be interesting because all we had heard about was Cannon Motors and their illegal bennies- but now this seems to be more added to the situation. If a booster is being disassociated- then the NCAA has called them out on something. So in addition to the Tonsil and Hampton illegal bennies from Cannon- the NCAA has more goodies on the Bearsharks

Goes with the pre spin article a week or so back, where Bjork was saying boosters can go rouge.

But what's always made me laugh when that defense is used is who told the booster that they want this guy and to make sure he gets something?

Ole Miss, and any other school cheating, sets up the booster and player relationship. Anybody thinking different is either naive, stupid, or unable to grasp reality.

TrapGame
04-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Step Softie gave the NCAA a goldmine. They had some minor wrist slaps until Step Daddy Dearest got pissed.

Martianlander
04-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Once one person talks the dominos (bears) start to fall.

MadDawg
04-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Aren't you guys picking up on the statements coming from Freeze and Bdork? If I've heard this one time, I've heard it 100 times from them:

"We're extremely confident in who we are and how we do things inside this building," Freeze added sternly.

Why do they keep referring to "inside this building"? I mean it's in every quote I see. Why? Because they are playing the semantics game. They know damn good and well they are cheating their asses off, and have been for a long damn time. But it's being done by The Network so they can claim plausible deniability.

But as we are learning, the NCAA ain't buying it.

Spiderman
04-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Aren't you guys picking up on the statements coming from Freeze and Bdork? If I've heard this one time, I've heard it 100 times from them:

"We're extremely confident in who we are and how we do things inside this building," Freeze added sternly.

Why do they keep referring to "inside this building"? I mean it's in every quote I see. Why? Because they are playing the semantics game. They know damn good and well they are cheating their asses off, and have been for a long damn time. But it's being done by The Network so they can claim plausible deniability.

But as we are learning, the NCAA ain't buying it.

Same as I've been saying.

No way Hugh ever handed a kid anything personally.

Now, sic a crooked lawyer on some 18 yr old and his momma to set them up with what ever they need?

All day every day.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2016, 09:57 AM

Now, sic a crooked lawyer on some 18 yr old and his momma to set them up with what ever they need?

All day every day.

Freeze runs the network though. They had a recruit flip two years ago, and I've heard extremely credible stories about how he was non stop calling the boosters in the area the kid was from, and organizing them to find the kid and flip him back to OM.

There isn't some secret organization that runs the Network. It starts with Freeze's cell phone and works from there.

Hugh, click an ad while your reading here because, after Talty's podcast yesterday, we know you are.

AlSwearengen
04-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Somewhat off topic, but which olemiss coaches did we say lawyered up? Also, with the burner phones, if you get ahold of one of the burners, it should have the call history and the numbers that were called and received with that phone, correct? Surely the coaches had their own burner phones as well? Please sweet baby jesus, tell me the coaches screwed up and used their regular phones.

Coach34
04-01-2016, 10:07 AM

All day every day.

and that's why I wrote The Network post- it's what they do. Put certain boosters on certain kids to buddy up. That's why they are so pissed in Noxubee County- they thought their guys there had done their job.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Somewhat off topic, but which olemiss coaches did we say lawyered up? Also, with the burner phones, if you get ahold of one of the burners, it should have the call history and the numbers that were called and received with that phone, correct? Surely the coaches had their own burner phones as well? Please sweet baby jesus, tell me the coaches screwed up and used their regular phones.

I don't think the burner phones are used so much for the coaches to call the recruits as they are for the boosters to call them. That way the NCAA can't trace anything

RocketDawg
04-01-2016, 10:11 AM

Unless the call history was deleted. But it may be like a computer hard drive ... you can't really delete things by just hitting "Delete" ... they're still there. The provider (AT&T, Verizon, etc.) of the phone might balk at releasing the history though.

Dawgowar
04-01-2016, 10:28 AM
If they are disassociating that means they are negotiating with the NCAA? Would have laid money they slow walked this through an actual hearing. Maybe they saved Bucky from the show cause express. Just speculating. Ditching donors usually comes at the end of the process.

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Freeze and Nix is what I've heard.

shannondawg
04-01-2016, 10:30 AM
I"ve always figured that the lawyers were the one that headed up the network, they have contact with one another and are accustomed to be a close mouth group. Only thing, I figure they are using opm, as the ones I have been associated with aren't too big about spending their own,

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2016, 10:36 AM
I"ve always figured that the lawyers were the one that headed up the network, they have contact with one another and are accustomed to be a close mouth group. Only thing, I figure they are using opm, as the ones I have been associated with aren't too big about spending their own,

I'm sure some lawyers are involved, but I think just assuming it's lawyers is overs stereotyping Ole Miss. Freeze heads up the network. No one else

Jack Lambert
04-01-2016, 10:43 AM
I'm sure some lawyers are involved, but I think just assuming it's lawyers is overs stereotyping Ole Miss. Freeze heads up the network. No one else

Lawyers are involved. I know a lawyer in Birmingham who knows a lawyer who work for the firm and they are negotiating with NCAA.

TrapGame
04-01-2016, 10:47 AM
I don't think the burner phones are used so much for the coaches to call the recruits as they are for the boosters to call them. That way the NCAA can't trace anything

Is there some possibility that these burner phones got these boosters booted?

JDog13
04-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Don't have to get any records on the phones. The phone is all the NCAA needs.

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Looks like the NCAA went fishing and caught a large mouth snook.

http://i.imgur.com/Gvmd4NG.png?1

confucius say
04-01-2016, 11:07 AM
You are going to see some boosters thrown way under the bus. Like way way.

Dawg62
04-01-2016, 11:10 AM
and that's why I wrote The Network post- it's what they do. Put certain boosters on certain kids to buddy up. That's why they are so pissed in Noxubee County- they thought their guys there had done their job.

Could have gotten that girl to start talking shit

TrapGame
04-01-2016, 11:15 AM
You are going to see some boosters thrown way under the bus. Like way way.

I wonder of any of these boosters will be pissed off enough to turn on the Plantation? This could get very ugly.

Coach34
04-01-2016, 11:23 AM
I wonder of any of these boosters will be pissed off enough to turn on the Plantation? This could get very ugly.

No way that happens. They are OM thru and thru- and thats why they were giving so much money and effort. They will just buy tickets to games thru friends and keep on doing the same things they have been. This just has to be a show to appease the NCAA

MSUDawg99
04-01-2016, 11:30 AM

Momma Simmons wasn't having none of dat. She wasn't going to let Jeffrey go to UM. She thinks they're racist & doesn't like the way they recruit. She saw through their BS.

TrapGame
04-01-2016, 11:30 AM
No way that happens. They are OM thru and thru- and thats why they were giving so much money and effort. They will just buy tickets to games thru friends and keep on doing the same things they have been. This just has to be a show to appease the NCAA

Should have known it was all kool aid drinkers. They believe in Freeze's the ends justify the means philosophy.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Should have known it was all kool aid drinkers. They believe in Freeze's the ends justify the means philosophy.

That's not a Freeze philosophy that's from the boosters. They just needed a coach that didn't mind going along with it. See SMU & Ron Meyer.

Spiderman
04-01-2016, 11:35 AM

Correct.

If they dissociate me, they haven't wife, dad, mother or brother. All giving and tickets now go thru them.

Dissociating doesn't mean shit.

TrapGame
04-01-2016, 11:40 AM
That's not a Freeze philosophy that's from the boosters. They just needed a coach that didn't mind going along with it. See SMU & Ron Meyer.

Damn, that's a nest of vipers.

Dawgology
04-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Unless the call history was deleted. But it may be like a computer hard drive ... you can't really delete things by just hitting "Delete" ... they're still there. The provider (AT&T, Verizon, etc.) of the phone might balk at releasing the history though.

You would have to have a court order or subpoena to get a service provider to cough up that info. On the other hand I know a few individuals who would analyze those phones for free. I believe you could link them through data on the phone. In regards to deleted data it depends on memory capacity, phone type, and OS. Deleted data can be recovered on many phones though.

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2016, 12:05 PM
You would have to have a court order or subpoena to get a service provider to cough up that info. On the other hand I know a few individuals who would analyze those phones for free. I believe you could link them through data on the phone. In regards to deleted data it depends on memory capacity, phone type, and OS. Deleted data can be recovered on many phones though.

Just don't ask Apple to do it.

Coach34
04-01-2016, 12:38 PM

Yes- Orgeron is the Godfather- Freezus is Micheal Corleone

Coach34
04-01-2016, 12:46 PM

This post needs to be remembered out of this thread- when the sanctions come- they will hammer and hammer about how things were on the up and up by people "inside this building" and its all the rogue boosters fault who did those things on their own. And you cant punish OM cause a few boosters did bad things right????

Party line remains- "nine over three....nothing to see here"

SDDawg
04-01-2016, 12:46 PM
More coming on the coaches too... I expect specific "announcements" before the summer practices.

Coach34
04-01-2016, 12:48 PM
More coming on the coaches too... I expect specific "announcements" before the summer practices.

I've heard some things but waiting to get confirmation before I step out

jumbo
04-01-2016, 12:58 PM

More recruiting assistants quietly being removed from the staff website because they are "pursuing other opportunities"?

RocketDawg
04-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Just don't ask Apple to do it.

A bit of a hijack and also a bit conspiracy theory-ish ... but it's quite possible that Apple actually did it, with the guarantee that the Feds would swear up and down "another company" did it. That way they satisfy the Feds and the court order, maintain their public position, and have plausible deniability.

MadDawg
04-01-2016, 01:41 PM
This post needs to be remembered out of this thread- when the sanctions come- they will hammer and hammer about how things were on the up and up by people "inside this building" and its all the rogue boosters fault who did those things on their own. And you cant punish OM cause a few boosters did bad things right????

Party line remains- "nine over three....nothing to see here"

You can see it coming 100 miles away. It's also the reasoning and angle behind them ignoring state law and not not releasing the NOA as the law requires after a FOI filing. They believe, just as I predicted weeks ago, that they will be able to successfully "negotiate" with the NCAA and have a lot of what is in the letter thrown out. I promise you the NOA copy they eventually will release will be more heavily redacted than anything you've seen before.

Bully13
04-01-2016, 02:04 PM
More recruiting assistants quietly being removed from the staff website because they are "pursuing other opportunities"?

Recruiting assistants would be considered "inside this building " though, right?

Jack Lambert
04-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Could have gotten that girl to start talking shit

Wouldn't she be talking dick and not shit?

BossDawg
04-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Looks like the NCAA went fishing and caught a large mouth snook.

http://i.imgur.com/Gvmd4NG.png?1

That would be like trying to reel in a gar. With those teeth it's likely gonna cut your line.

BossDawg
04-01-2016, 04:17 PM
You can see it coming 100 miles away. It's also the reasoning and angle behind them ignoring state law and not not releasing the NOA as the law requires after a FOI filing. They believe, just as I predicted weeks ago, that they will be able to successfully "negotiate" with the NCAA and have a lot of what is in the letter thrown out. I promise you the NOA copy they eventually will release will be more heavily redacted than anything you've seen before.

The more I hear the more I feel as though the NCAA has pretty much uncovered a gold mine during their investigation. UM just got way, WAY too desperate and Freeze is the perfect guy to captain the ship because he's familiar with the program, a MS guy with a lot of connections, etc. etc.....but, I know that's a slick bunch of two-faced dipshits up there and they know how to get away with stuff like this because they've had plenty of practice. They are just that sorry. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if a lot, or most, of their "activities" are thrown out after negotiations are over and some of the main characters escape unscathed - resulting in nothing more than a little corner time for the main instigators, if that. The rich get richer sort of thing.

Bully13
04-01-2016, 04:52 PM
The more I hear the more I feel as though the NCAA has pretty much uncovered a gold mine during their investigation. UM just got way, WAY too desperate and Freeze is the perfect guy to captain the ship because he's familiar with the program, a MS guy with a lot of connections, etc. etc.....but, I know that's a slick bunch of two-faced dipshits up there and they know how to get away with stuff like this because they've had plenty of practice. They are just that sorry. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if a lot, or most, of their "activities" are thrown out after negotiations are over and some of the main characters escape unscathed - resulting in nothing more than a little corner time for the main instigators, if that. The rich get richer sort of thing.

No. Too many much more powerful programs are too invested in this and the NCAA would look like complete idiots after the amount of time they've spent to throw this shit under the rug.

The NCAA would look crooked to come away with small shit at this point.

It's just too obvious.

TrapGame
04-01-2016, 05:54 PM
No. Too many much more powerful programs are too invested in this and the NCAA would look like complete idiots after the amount of time they've spent to throw this shit under the rug.

It's just too obvious.

Bingo.

They are negotiating their asses off for Bucky not to get a show cause.

1bigdawg
04-01-2016, 06:10 PM

It's just too obvious.

The UNM people are blaming Bama instead of us. No way this slides.

Reason2succeed
04-01-2016, 09:55 PM

It's just too obvious.

Exactly! Plus if OM gets off with a slap on the wrist then the NCAA Infractions Committee can just fold up shop and quit trying to maintain a semblence of control. Every program including the Ivy League will start brazenly paying players.

Political Hack
04-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Is there some possibility that these burner phones got these boosters booted?

The NCAA can assume who the phone belongs to and use it to make conclusions in their final repeat without any proof whatsoever.

The "rogue booster" thing is always funny to me. If Mr. Tupelo is smart, he'll keep it quiet and just let them label him whatever they want, but anyone with half a fart of a brain cell knows that you can't operate at a high level in a coordinated fashion without some level of prolonged coordination with the staff. Of course I'm just assuming that's what would be needed given my limited understanding of these things.

What we went through a few years ago is peanuts compared to this. We're fortunate we've never been in this deep, but I do t think we've ever pulled the kind of stunts Ole Miss has been pulling either. Fake ACT's, houses, cars, cash, girls, etc... All in the same class for the same kids?!!!!!??!?! Unreal how much money they've been throwing at this. If they have a booster, they have the pipeline. OM better hope their guys are tight lipped and willing to take a bullet for them in the media or the house of cards will crumble.

AROB44
04-02-2016, 09:17 AM
The NCAA can assume who the phone belongs to and use it to make conclusions in their final repeat without any proof whatsoever.

The "rogue booster" thing is always funny to me. If Mr. Tupelo is smart, he'll keep it quiet and just let them label him whatever they want, but anyone with half a fart of a brain cell knows that you can't operate at a high level in a coordinated fashion without some level of prolonged coordination with the staff. Of course I'm just assuming that's what would be needed given my limited understanding of these things.

What we went through a few years ago is peanuts compared to this. We're fortunate we've never been in this deep, but I do t think we've ever pulled the kind of stunts Ole Miss has been pulling either. Fake ACT's, houses, cars, cash, girls, etc... All in the same class for the same kids?!!!!!??!?! Unreal how much money they've been throwing at this. If they have a booster, they have the pipeline. OM better hope their guys are tight lipped and willing to take a bullet for them in the media or the house of cards will crumble.

This is what most people forget. No real "proof" is needed. This isn't a court of law.

BulldogBacker
04-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Freeze and Nix is what I've heard.

Nix has always been one of their bagmen. I have NO DOUBT Freeze runs the system, but I know the Athletic Directors in the past knew and approved of it.