PDA

View Full Version : Stapleton tore his ACL again!!!

djaymsu5
03-30-2016, 09:37 PM
Are you kidding me?

Todd4State
03-30-2016, 09:42 PM
He's going to be our version of Anthony Boone.

He needs to try that new ACL repair surgery where they re-attach the ligament with a blood soaked sponge and the ligament grows back. Recovery time is about 8 weeks. It's still in the experimental/trial stages from what I understand but the results appear favorable.

Also, of note- I saw a study that showed that there may be a genetic/physical link to people having ACL tears based on the slope of the tibial plateau. So, maybe not too surprising that he had another ACL tear.

djaymsu5
03-30-2016, 09:47 PM
This is just our luck

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 09:53 PM
Mother****er!!

Homedawg
03-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Mother****er!!

Should have cut him and made sure we have the full 13 to begin with, 13 is all that matters***

BeardoMSU
03-30-2016, 10:05 PM
Stapleton was the transfer from Tech, right?

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 10:14 PM
Should have cut him and made sure we have the full 13 to begin with, 13 is all that matters***

What's the point of your asterisks when you're clearly just being an asshole? Just be an asshole. Why look like both an asshole and a pus$y? You really are clueless to how you appear to other people aren't you? Nobody will laugh at your stupid comment and now you just look like a pus$y asshole. You did that to you. I didn't.

Coach34
03-30-2016, 10:18 PM
Are you kidding me?

f'ing Rick Ray did it again

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Stapleton was the transfer from Tech, right?

Yea the guy with crazy hops. He tore his acl last summer but had to sit out anyways for transferring.

BeardoMSU
03-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Yea the guy with crazy hops. He tore his acl last summer but had to sit out anyways for transferring.

Damn, thats right...I had forgotten. Was he expected to be a contributor, or just depth?

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 10:33 PM
Damn, thats right...I had forgotten. Was he expected to be a contributor, or just depth?

He's a good player. Somewhere around 6th-8th man. #2 rated player in MS his senior year of high school I think. Dandy Dozen.

djaymsu5
03-30-2016, 10:40 PM
f'ing Rick Ray did it again

I swear

Ifyouonlyknew
03-30-2016, 10:43 PM
He's expected back by SEC play.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 10:55 PM
He's expected back by SEC play.

I realize it's impossible to call this now but is he expected to be cleared for practice by SEC play or he would have already been practicing and he'd be ready to actually play by SEC play? Huge difference here.

Homedawg
03-30-2016, 11:19 PM
What's the point of your asterisks when you're clearly just being an asshole? Just be an asshole. Why look like both an asshole and a pus$y? You really are clueless to how you appear to other people aren't you? Nobody will laugh at your stupid comment and now you just look like a pus$y asshole. You did that to you. I didn't.

Wow. That bothered you huh? Shocked***

Homedawg
03-30-2016, 11:22 PM
I realize it's impossible to call this now but is he expected to be cleared for practice by SEC play or he would have already been practicing and he'd be ready to actually play by SEC play? Huge difference here.

I know you are a dip shit. But for those that are just learning, what in the **** does this mean? because clearly this makes no sense. Damn you are stupid.....ok you've had too much to drink that's forgivable on a wed night. Good.

BeardoMSU
03-30-2016, 11:34 PM
I know you are a dip shit. But for those that are just learning, what in the **** does this mean? because clearly this makes no sense. Damn you are stupid.....ok you've had too much to drink that's forgivable on a wed night. Good.

Consider if Holman had been in game shape when he started playing, rather than needing the acclimation; same scenario here.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 11:41 PM
I know you are a dip shit. But for those that are just learning, what in the **** does this mean? because clearly this makes no sense. Damn you are stupid.....ok too much to drink that's forgivable on a wed night. Good.

You expecting Stapleton to just up and play SEC ball after not playing in a college basketball game in almost two years and after recovering from two acl surgeries or don't you think he'd need just a little bit of practice time first? When is he expected to be cleared to practice is the question I'm asking retard. See if it's not till January well then it's in his best interest to sit out the entire season and be granted a medical redshirt. This also effects other players on the team like Strugg, Newman and Ready because we have other good players wanting into the boat. If we add anybody and it sounds like we definitely are going to then somebody has to move on. Strugg, Stapleton, Ready and Newman are counted for today. Whose no longer going to be counted for when we add a transfer? I'll hang up and listen to see if your drunk ass can even read all of that.*****************************

blacklistedbully
03-31-2016, 12:22 AM

BearDawg61 is speaking from personal experience.

MarketingBully
03-31-2016, 12:44 AM
He should be cleared to practice by October. I would assume he would be in game shape and ready to go by SEC season. Takes six months for a typical athlete to recover from ACL surgery. They are being heavily conservative with their timeframe.

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 12:59 AM
He should be cleared to practice by October. I would assume he would be in game shape and ready to go by SEC season. Takes six months for a typical athlete to recover from ACL surgery. They are being heavily conservative with their timeframe.

October is much better than January. I've been excited to see X play. Just gonna have to wait a little longer now I guess.

mic
03-31-2016, 01:01 AM
I know it probably wasn't on the humps floor.. But can we please blow that mother ****er up and get the court that CBH wants there...

MarketingBully
03-31-2016, 01:03 AM
We are. We will be replacing it in June. That's a done deal.

hailmari
03-31-2016, 07:15 AM
Yeah, he should be able to start running early in the fall semester and jumping by October. He'll have time to get in basketball shape by January.

msstate7
03-31-2016, 07:25 AM
Even if he does make it back this year, gotta wonder how effective he'll be... Pretty sure his game was built on athletism and now the same knee has been burnt twice

HSVDawg
03-31-2016, 07:34 AM
Tore it how? Not like we are practicing right now.

BiscuitEater
03-31-2016, 08:31 AM

Actually .. Dawg61's question was legit; makes a 4-6 week difference in playing time depending on the answer. Please don't drink and post .. you look foolish.

thf24
03-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Even if he does make it back this year, gotta wonder how effective he'll be... Pretty sure his game was built on athletism and now the same knee has been burnt twice

ACL is usually a near 100% recovery these days, but you do have to wonder about two times.

fishwater99
03-31-2016, 08:42 AM
Tore it how? Not like we are practicing right now.

So you don't think these guys are playing pickup games year round? He's a basketball player, that's what they do...

mparkerfd20
03-31-2016, 08:49 AM
Who?

I mean really... He's been hurt so much, we don't know what his true potential is or could be.

MSUDawg99
03-31-2016, 09:10 AM
He's going to be our version of Anthony Boone.

He needs to try that new ACL repair surgery where they re-attach the ligament with a blood soaked sponge and the ligament grows back. Recovery time is about 8 weeks. It's still in the experimental/trial stages from what I understand but the results appear favorable.

Also, of note- I saw a study that showed that there may be a genetic/physical link to people having ACL tears based on the slope of the tibial plateau. So, maybe not too surprising that he had another ACL tear.

He had surgery yesterday before it was announced that he tore it again. Supposedly, expected to be back in Jan for SEC play. We'll see though.

MSUDawg99
03-31-2016, 09:13 AM

They said he'll be cleared in Jan. by SEC play, not Oct.

Shooter McGavin
03-31-2016, 09:31 AM
I understand that's what they said, but like Marketing said that is a heavily conservative estimate. Assuming no setbacks with his rehab, he should be cleared to participate in basketball activities well before January.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2016, 09:33 AM
They said he'll be cleared in Jan. by SEC play, not Oct.

No he expects to be ready to play by January. He tore his ACL the 1st time in August & he had been cleared & playing late February, early March. That's 6 months. Now getting ready to play in January is 8 months which gives him a couple extra months of conditioning.

HSVDawg
03-31-2016, 09:39 AM
So you don't think these guys are playing pickup games year round? He's a basketball player, that's what they do...

I'm sure they play pick up games. But that doesn't mean thats how he tore it. Thats why I asked the question. He could have gotten thrown off a jet ski in Destin over spring break for all I know.

And if it was a pick up game, I damn sure hope it was with other players in the practice facility, and not in some bullshit walk up game against some high school heroes from the BSU in the Sanderson Center.

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 09:54 AM
If Xavian transfers he can sit out this entire season, fully recover and still have three years of eligibility remaining or he can stay and play half a season with us and he'll lose that medical redshirt. We need a scholarship open and Xavian needs rest and recovery time plus he can coincide transferring and medical redshirting at the same time. This seems like a no-brainer for everyone involved here. This frees up a spot for adding Livingston and it affords Newman the opportunity to get evaluated by the NBA and still return next year. The Ohio State transfer would be Strugg's spot.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2016, 10:07 AM
Stapleton isn't transferring. Also the odds of getting Giddens are probably less than 15%. Our main focus is on a grad transfer. We've reached out to undergrads transferring but it's more doing our homework instead of an all out blitz.

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Stapleton isn't transferring. Also the odds of getting Giddens are probably less than 15%. Our main focus is on a grad transfer. We've reached out to undergrads transferring but it's more doing our homework instead of an all out blitz.

Joe Strugg WKU is on line 1 for you.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
Joe Strugg WKU is on line 1 for you.

Now this is very possible regardless of what happens with anybody else. Not the WKU part but in general.

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 10:51 AM
Now this is very possible regardless of what happens with anybody else. Not the WKU part but in general.

It's the only one that makes sense if Stapelton is staying. Howland must really like Xavian's potential. Trading a Strugg chip for a Livingston chip is like putting $5 into the blackjack hand and winning $10,000.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2016, 10:55 AM
It's the only one that makes sense if Stapelton is staying. Howland must really like Xavian's potential. Trading a Strugg chip for a Livingston chip is like putting $5 into the blackjack hand and winning $10,000.

You have 2 & 1/2 years of a really good athlete that can defend, slash, & has an improving 3pt shot. He was an elite athlete coming to MSU even if he loses a little athleticism he's still a very good athlete. No way you part ways with him.

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 11:10 AM
You have 2 & 1/2 years of a really good athlete that can defend, slash, & has an improving 3pt shot. He was an elite athlete coming to MSU even if he loses a little athleticism he's still a very good athlete. No way you part ways with him.

Yea I like Xavian but I can think of one way you'd part with him. Everyone can go ahead and start getting used to MSU & Howland having to make tough decisions as they will only get tougher from here on. Kentucky parted with Kyle Wiltjer who just led Gonzaga to the elite 8. Xavian is no Wiltjer. The better you get the tougher it is to trim the fat. Very soon our fat will look like prime rib.