PDA

View Full Version : Things I've learned thru the Simmons ordeal...

Coach34
03-30-2016, 07:43 PM
1. OM fans had no idea Damore Stringfellow beat a woman's ass and broke her camera- which caused him to be kicked off his team and able to transfer to Ole Miss. Apparenly him being kicked off the team at Washington was the punishment and enrolling at OM his reward

2. OM fans had no idea a recruit they just signed- Hartsfield- was an Anal Intruder. I cant wait to see Anal Intruder signs at OM games the next 4 years

3. OM fans have no problems with players accused of rape- because Jamal Mosely was welcomed with open arms.

4. OM fans think Kimchee and other players beating a frat boy so bad he spent awhile in the hospital is ok simply because he was a male. All males are created equal in their eyes- even if you're an SEC Defensive Tackle vs a normal student

5. Fans everywhere have to show faux outrage because it just "seems like the right thing to do"

6. Most people have no idea how rough it is growing up in poor, Mississippi small towns for all invloved.

7. You can think someone is wrong without crucifying them

8. Soooo many fans never did anything at 17 they were ashamed of and would have wished for forgiveness

Dan Mullen played it just like Freezus did with Kelly- let's get all the facts and see how it plays out....then after it dies down- they will practice and play just as if nothing happened.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 08:09 PM
I've learned SPS is overrun by trolls and bears

DogsofAnarchy
03-30-2016, 08:16 PM
The talking heads around OM and the rest of the league must be dying to MAKE the news because this is so trival it isn't even worth noting. It instead made national radio. You just have to love social media.

1. OM fans had no idea Damore Stringfellow beat a woman's ass and broke her camera- which caused him to be kicked off his team and able to transfer to Ole Miss. Apparenly him being kicked off the team at Washington was the punishment and enrolling at OM his reward

2. OM fans had no idea a recruit they just signed- Hartsfield- was an Anal Intruder. I cant wait to see Anal Intruder signs at OM games the next 4 years

3. OM fans have no problems with players accused of rape- because Jamal Mosely was welcomed with open arms.

4. OM fans think Kimchee and other players beating a frat boy so bad he spent awhile in the hospital is ok simply because he was a male. All males are created equal in their eyes- even if you're an SEC Defensive Tackle vs a normal student

5. Fans everywhere have to show faux outrage because it just "seems like the right thing to do"

6. Most people have no idea how rough it is growing up in poor, Mississippi small towns for all invloved.

8. Soooo many fans never did anything at 17 they were ashamed of and would have wished for forgiveness

Dan Mullen played it just like Freezus did with Kelly- let's get all the facts and see how it plays out....then after it dies down- they will practice and play just as if nothing happened.

blacklistedbully
03-30-2016, 08:18 PM
Good post. The only thing I'd really quarrel with a bit is #8.

While I'm sure many of us did things we were ashamed of, whether at the time, or later as we matured, the vast majority of us probably didn't do something that bad. Certainly Simmons deserves forgiveness, as does anyone. But he also deserves a just punishment and a path to make amends. I hope and pray what he has said since is genuine, truthful and heart-felt.

I trust our university will do the right thing after gathering all the facts. We have great administrators and a staff that has shown time & again that character matters, and issues that come up are dealt with appropriately. I also hope when all the facts are gathered and everything is considered, including this young man's track record and reputation outside this incident, that there will be an appropriate response that allows him to redeem himself, join the team, and learn a hard lesson from this that makes him a better man going forward.

Jack Lambert
03-30-2016, 08:38 PM
You have to ask yourself, if he had signed with Ole Miss would have we heard about it to the extent that we have?

somebodyshotmypaw
03-30-2016, 08:52 PM
I'm really proud of Jeffrey. What a great young man. This young lady had a wasp on her and Jeffrey was trying to swat it off. He saved her life.

Imagine Mullen saying something like that. But Freeze came out with the "Tunsil was defending his mother" crap and the ole miss faithful ate it up. Even after evidence and testimony and facts proved that Freeze was lying.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 08:55 PM
I trust our university will do the right thing after gathering all the facts.

fify

bobcat91
03-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Every SOB in the world has a cell phone camera/recorder. Let that be the guide for your actions if nothing else.

IMissJack
03-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Hopefully Dan learned that this is why you have to get more than one top recruit. They can be gone fast.

Gutter Cobreh
03-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Great summary Coach.

I agree with #6, but would also add that most people don't understand that this incident is cultural. I don't mean that race prompted this behavior, but in that economic environment - fighting is normal regardless of gender. In the urban inner city, it would have been bullets instead of fists.

I don't condone the actions, but if anyone on their high horse judging this kid would step off and reflect - everyone makes mistakes and especially at his age. It's the behavior afterwards that shows the true character and its up to Simmons to change. It will be extremely difficult, as the more notoriety he receives from sports - the bigger the target from some no name trying to make one. Look at the MTSU guys jumping Prescott a year ago. Same situation.

WesternSkyDawg
03-30-2016, 11:02 PM
What I learned is that some folks have been away from Mississippi too long.

"she's less than half his size"

Buuuullshit. When was the last time y'all been down to the Golden Corral?? Come to one of my family reunions sometime, where the women grow up country strong, and recalibrate that estimate.

I wish he'd stopped a little sooner. But let a thicker version of Laila Ali or Rhonda Rousey pummel my sister/momma/daughter and see if I don't lose it just a little bit.

Hrdawg82
03-31-2016, 06:16 AM

I don't understand this post at all. This has nothing to do with OM, and certainly has nothing to do with socioeconomic status. It's sad how people on here are justifying a man hitting a woman. I'm glad he manned up and accepted what he did, and no I don't think he should be kicked out of football because people do deserve a second chance. But to justify a grown ass man (I don't care if he is 17) punching a woman is sick. I'm not gonna speculate what his punishment should be because that's up to the university and staff, but I'm not gonna sit here and say that it's because he grew up poor. Lots of people grow up poor and don't hit woman.

Now before people spend their time calling me a troll, my original name on here was rossdawg82 and coach34 should remember that because I was gonna try to help his buddy get a job. I have posted a lot on here before but for some reason had to reregister.

starkvegasdawg
03-31-2016, 07:00 AM
You have to ask yourself, if he had signed with Ole Miss would have we heard about it to the extent that we have?
Had he signed with the Bears he would have been on a mission trip spreading the Word and not in a fight or certainly not on a beach saying if his name wasn't Denzel...

Dawgology
03-31-2016, 07:52 AM
I don't understand this post at all. This has nothing to do with OM, and certainly has nothing to do with socioeconomic status. It's sad how people on here are justifying a man hitting a woman. I'm glad he manned up and accepted what he did, and no I don't think he should be kicked out of football because people do deserve a second chance. But to justify a grown ass man (I don't care if he is 17) punching a woman is sick. I'm not gonna speculate what his punishment should be because that's up to the university and staff, but I'm not gonna sit here and say that it's because he grew up poor. Lots of people grow up poor and don't hit woman.

Now before people spend their time calling me a troll, my original name on here was rossdawg82 and coach34 should remember that because I was gonna try to help his buddy get a job. I have posted a lot on here before but for some reason had to reregister.

Violence is never the answer. That being said...you (and several like you) get on here and post like this was a domestic violence situation. Like Simmons just walked up to some innocent unsuspecting female and started beating on her. This is not the case. This was a street fight STARTED by the victim. She started it by mocking their dead relatives and then attacking his sister. He attempted to break up the fight three teams before he lost in on the girl that was fighting his sister. Tempers flared and a 17 year old boy made a poor decision. He may be a "grown man" but no 17 year old regardless of size is a grown man mentally and emotionally.

I'm not trying to start a political discussion here (and I totally support our military) but on a side note. You are the same kind of person that will vehemently defend America's military dropping bombs on a large community to weed on some bad guys while killing dozens of women and children and you will call that collateral damage/casualties of war and never bat an eye. But I guess those women don't count?

Hrdawg82
03-31-2016, 08:05 AM
You're right, a man should never hit a woman period. It doesn't matter who starts it. Ignorance or youth isn't an excuse. I've been pissed as a kid at a woman just like every 17 year old has. I didn't hit her. I was raised to never lay a hand on a woman. You obviously were raised differently.

Hrdawg82
03-31-2016, 08:11 AM
Violence is never the answer. That being said...you (and several like you) get on here and post like this was a domestic violence situation. Like Simmons just walked up to some innocent unsuspecting female and started beating on her. This is not the case. This was a street fight STARTED by the victim. She started it by mocking their dead relatives and then attacking his sister. He attempted to break up the fight three teams before he lost in on the girl that was fighting his sister. Tempers flared and a 17 year old boy made a poor decision. He may be a "grown man" but no 17 year old regardless of size is a grown man mentally and emotionally.

I'm not trying to start a political discussion here (and I totally support our military) but on a side note. You are the same kind of person that will vehemently defend America's military dropping bombs on a large community to weed on some bad guys while killing dozens of women and children and you will call that collateral damage/casualties of war and never bat an eye. But I guess those women don't count?

Comparing this situation to war? Im not dumb enough to get sucked into this stupid argument. All I'm saying is the kid shouldn't be crucified for this but we look stupid justifying it. Coach34 should have left it as it began by just stating what happened and not letting idiots post on the subject.

WesternSkyDawg
03-31-2016, 08:17 AM
"justifying a man hitting a woman"

Show one post that says he doesn't deserve some kind of punishment. You won't find one.

Now, if you're suggesting he forfeited his future? You might get a helluvan argument if that's your stance.

You won't from me, because that kind of extreme response simply deserves to be ignored.

Hrdawg82
03-31-2016, 08:28 AM
I clearly stated that he deserves a second chance. Justification meaning people saying that she started it, we don't know what it's like In a poor neighborhood, or he was defending his sister. Those are justifications for his actions

fishwater99
03-31-2016, 08:30 AM
They welcomed back Greg Hardy to come and visit on 2016 Pro Day..

Coach34
03-31-2016, 08:40 AM
I don't understand this post at all. This has nothing to do with OM, and certainly has nothing to do with socioeconomic status.

1) The first part of my post was directed at all the OM fans calling for Mullen to drop Simmons. I'm reminding them of how Freezus Saves and welcomes all kinds of ****-ups into his program. So yes- it does have to do with OM somewhat.

2) Yes it has everything to do with socioeconomic status. There are about 1 maybe 2 at most girl fist fights at Madison Central, Jackson, Prep, MRA, Petal, etc per school year. There is one every week at Ruleville, Coffeeville, Charleston, South Panola, Drew, J.Z. George, etc....the women that live in Deerfield around the country club in Madison arent dropping fists on each other out in the streets. I coached 5 years in private schools and and dealt with maybe 3-4 fights total. I dealt with that many student teaching at Columbus High in one semester- the 8 years spent coaching in public schools is far too many to count. Different worlds

1bigdawg
03-31-2016, 08:42 AM
Violence is never the answer.

Wrong. Do you think ISIS should be allowed to run wild or that someone should respond with violence? Sometimes violence is the only response to violence. As you pointed out, he tried to break it up.

DancingRabbit
03-31-2016, 08:47 AM

The OM angle is a response to OM fans proliferating the story on twitter and message boards with a prejudicial tone. It's OM fans' hypocritical "holier than thou" attitude, calling for Simmons to be banned from college sports that is spawning these responses by MSU fans.

Many of the MSU responses are suggesting mitigating factors more so than justifying any violent action. I'm confident that Mullen and the MSU administration will do what's best for the young man and football program.

jumbo
03-31-2016, 08:48 AM
I had an interaction with an OM fan on a 3rd teams board about Simmons. I mentioned Stringfellow as well as couple other players at other schools that had issues and was attempting to keep it rational.

His response on Stringfellow was "I thought String hit a dude though - still wrong, but he WAS kicked off his team."

He then later posted Mullen's comments and said they were "comical" to which I replied "As comical as your statement that since Stringfellow was kicked off the team at UW it's ok that he plays for OM?"

I hate what Simmons did as much as anyone, but the downright hypocrisy shown by the OM side is beyond absurd.

Shooter McGavin
03-31-2016, 09:05 AM

I was listening to Finebaum on the way home yesterday and Booger McFarland made a similar point. He actually made several insightful statements. (I know I was shocked too.) He said he has known/been around many communities just as Coach described previously where males and females fight each other and no one bats an eye. Cultural factors can certainly play a role in situations like this.

I've seen no one say sweep this under the rug. Just that it isn't as cut and dry as many are trying to make it out to be. It was a chaotic situation and he made a wrong choice. Barring any additional charges, I expect him to be at State on a zero tolerance policy. The young man has no previous pattern of bad behavior but get into any other trouble and he will be gone. He is going to get another chance to play major college football. It might as well be here.

confucius say
03-31-2016, 09:20 AM
You're right, a man should never hit a woman period.

Speaking in absolutes is dangerous. There are several scenarios where hitting a woman is warranted. Not saying this was one of them. But let's not be ridiculous.

maroonmania
03-31-2016, 09:29 AM
I had an interaction with an OM fan on a 3rd teams board about Simmons. I mentioned Stringfellow as well as couple other players at other schools that had issues and was attempting to keep it rational.

His response on Stringfellow was "I thought String hit a dude though - still wrong, but he WAS kicked off his team."

He then later posted Mullen's comments and said they were "comical" to which I replied "As comical as your statement that since Stringfellow was kicked off the team at UW it's ok that he plays for OM?"

I hate what Simmons did as much as anyone, but the downright hypocrisy shown by the OM side is beyond absurd.

Can someone explain what the punishment is if you get kicked out of one D1 program only to be immediately picked up by another D1 program (hello Ole Miss)? That's why its such a joke that these talking heads want MSU to part ways with Simmons while 1. Simmons is not even an MSU student yet and is not under the supervision of our coaches and 2. if we did part ways with Simmons he would immediately be picked up by another high profile program so what would that accomplish? Either all programs should be OK with having players that have committed violent acts or none should. And beating a guy to a pulp (like Kimchee did) when you are twice as big as the other guy, in my mind, is not really much better than hitting on a woman.

jumbo
03-31-2016, 09:36 AM
Bottom line in this is OM wants us to boot him so they can pick him up

sandwolf
03-31-2016, 09:36 AM
There are about 1 maybe 2 at most girl fist fights at Madison Central, Jackson, Prep, MRA, Petal, etc per school year.

I went to Jackson Academy for 14 years (pre-K through 12th grade), and I don't remember a single girl fist fight during my time there........not one.

smootness
03-31-2016, 09:39 AM

All of this is such crap. The first is just a dumb generalization based on an assumption. The second has very little to do with the situation; you keep equating girls fighting with a guy punching a girl, which is just weird. For the third and fourth, I haven't seen any State fans 'crucify' Simmons. I have seen some say that what he did was wrong and that there should and will be consequences for it. I haven't seen one State fan suggest there shouldn't be forgiveness, but that doesn't mean we have to defend it or be adamant that he should play for State.

I don't think this situation means Simmons is a bad kid or doesn't deserve forgiveness or a second chance. But that does not in any way mean I'm about to make excuses for what he did or suggest that it is outrageous that someone would suggest there be consequences.

UMCDawg16
03-31-2016, 09:42 AM
All of this is such crap. The first is just a dumb generalization based on an assumption. The second has very little to do with the situation; you keep equating girls fighting with a guy punching a girl, which is just weird. For the third and fourth, I haven't seen any State fans 'crucify' Simmons. I have seen some say that what he did was wrong and that there should and will be consequences for it. I haven't seen one State fan suggest there shouldn't be forgiveness, but that doesn't mean we have to defend it or be adamant that he should play for State.

I don't think this situation means Simmons is a bad kid or doesn't deserve forgiveness or a second chance. But that does not in any way mean I'm about to make excuses for what he did or suggest that it is outrageous that someone would suggest there be consequences.

Your post is crap. Everything he said makes perfect sense and is the truth whether you like it or not.

MadDawg
03-31-2016, 09:43 AM
I clearly stated that he deserves a second chance. Justification meaning people saying that she started it, we don't know what it's like In a poor neighborhood, or he was defending his sister. Those are justifications for his actions

No, I think those are explanations of how this happened. Saying "I was taught to not hit a woman" while ignoring everything that played into this street fight is just being simplistic.

SailingDawg
03-31-2016, 09:54 AM
I agree with #6, but would also add that most people don't understand that this incident is cultural. I don't mean that race prompted this behavior, but in that economic environment - fighting is normal regardless of gender. In the urban inner city, it would have been bullets instead of fists.

I've taught in what we would consider inner city schools in Mississippi and you are absolutely right in saying this is norm for a culture. Athletic programs at the collegiate level are trying to pull kids from this culture and expect good behavior, but it's a difficult task.

I went to Jackson Academy for 14 years (pre-K through 12th grade), and I don't remember a single girl fist fight during my time there........not one.

Haha, I imagine not! I'm not trying to be too sarcastic, but I hope you understand why.

mstatefan91
03-31-2016, 10:03 AM
This is the basic process I have learned throughout my life.

1. People do stupid stuff
2. The media and the public overreact
3. It is all but forgotten when the next story hits

Rinse and repeat

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 10:04 AM
Only problem with all of this is that isn't a woman that JS punched. That thing is about 220 lbs. and mean as hell.

Jack Lambert
03-31-2016, 10:08 AM
What I learned is that some folks have been away from Mississippi too long.

"she's less than half his size"

Buuuullshit. When was the last time y'all been down to the Golden Corral?? Come to one of my family reunions sometime, where the women grow up country strong, and recalibrate that estimate.

I wish he'd stopped a little sooner. But let a thicker version of Laila Ali or Rhonda Rousey pummel my sister/momma/daughter and see if I don't lose it just a little bit.

I don't hit women and never had but there are situations where it is appropriate to do. If she has a gun and going to shot me, wife or kids I am going to do what I have to do. If she is a bigon and beating the shit out of my wife I am going to take action. I will do what I have to do but will not do one step more. The problem with Simmons is the beat down. At some point you have to let up or you are breaking the law. You have the right to protect your person but if you a step too far you lose that right.

M.Fillmore
03-31-2016, 10:12 AM

JA and Prep are far too civilized. At those schools, little Muffy will go to Mommy who will initiate a smear campaign among the girls and mothers and get the girl ostracized socially for the rest of her time at the school and then carry that forward into any in-state college. A bruised jaw will heal far faster than the wounds that Muffy and Mommy inflict at JA and Prep.

Hrdawg82
03-31-2016, 10:17 AM

Well I went to school outside Tampa Florida, and I saw many.

maroonmania
03-31-2016, 10:20 AM
JA and Prep are far too civilized. At those schools, little Muffy will go to Mommy who will initiate a smear campaign among the girls and mothers and get the girl ostracized socially for the rest of her time at the school and then carry that forward into any in-state college. A bruised jaw will heal far faster than the wounds that Muffy and Mommy inflict at JA and Prep.

I agree its kind of stupid to compare the culture of gentlemen and debutantes to the 'hood.

TrapGame
03-31-2016, 10:21 AM

The aristocracy fights on a much higher and far worse level.

sandwolf
03-31-2016, 10:25 AM
The point is that socioeconomic status is most definitely a factor, and anyone saying otherwise is way off base.

Coach34
03-31-2016, 10:42 AM
The point is that socioeconomic status is most definitely a factor, and anyone saying otherwise is way off base.

Ed Zachary

DeputyDawg94
03-31-2016, 06:11 PM
This situation does have something to do with where you live. I'm in law enforcement in a rural county with several small poor communities. We see this several times a year here. It can be as few as 6-8 people fighting or as many as 60-80 people fighting. I have personally been on scene with over 50 people attacking each other. I have seen kids, boys and girls fighting adults, adults fighting kids and family members fighting each other because they could not tell who they were fighting. I have seen as many as 20 people get arrested from these things only to bond out, go home and live like nothing happened the next day. This type of thing is a part of some peoples society. Does this make it right? NO!!! REPEAT, NO!!! But it is a fact of life for some.

Hrdawg82
03-31-2016, 06:26 PM
I am man enough to admit that I see all the points raised here. I guess I thought that some justified that what he did as something acceptable. But it seems a majority of us feel similar. This was a positive debate and I concede my position

shoeless joe
03-31-2016, 06:44 PM
I would invite anyone who doesn't realize the socioeconomic affects on a situation like this to come to work with me for a week. Now, I am a HUGE proponent of accountability in any situation like this...but there are several folks chiming in that are just flat out uneducated when it comes to these type of situations in some communities.

tcdog70
03-31-2016, 06:52 PM
I hope y'all don't think this was the VICTIMS first rodeo.

Coach34
03-31-2016, 07:07 PM
This situation does have something to do with where you live. I'm in law enforcement in a rural county with several small poor communities. We see this several times a year here. It can be as few as 6-8 people fighting or as many as 60-80 people fighting. I have personally been on scene with over 50 people attacking each other. I have seen kids, boys and girls fighting adults, adults fighting kids and family members fighting each other because they could not tell who they were fighting. I have seen as many as 20 people get arrested from these things only to bond out, go home and live like nothing happened the next day. This type of thing is a part of some peoples society. Does this make it right? NO!!! REPEAT, NO!!! But it is a fact of life for some.

Good post- thanks for being part of the site.

My favorite fight story from my coaching days:

I'm coaching at Grenada- It's 1st period Ms Studies and Channel 1 comes on like it does every morning. Freshmen-Soph mix in the class. 2 of my girls- who are BEST FRIENDS- start mouthing off at each other. An argument had started over a boy on the bus. I tell them to shut up. They stop. 30 seconds go by- they do it again- and now the cussing has started. I stand up and tell them "shut the hell up or you two are going to see Frye"- Grenada Principal and State grad who was State's 1st Black basketball player- great guy.

They stay quiet for another minute and suddenly I hear- "**** yo stupid ho ass!!!!" and they both get up and start throwing punches. Everybody clears out- desks are sliding around-and these two are getting at it like Hagler-Hearns in Round 1. YouTube that youngsters. I let them fight for about 15 seconds so they could get a little tired, then told Shelton Richardson- our JV QB that went and played at Holmes and La Tech- to grab LaKeisha and I'd get Toya. I grabbed Toya under the arm and around the neck and got her under control. She was good size but not post player big. Shelton- who was 6'2, 185- on the other hand was having hell getting LaKeisha. She keeps coming at me and Toya swinging and I yelled "Gddammit Shelton, grab her!!!!". 2 other football players jumped up got hold of her along with Shelton and got her stable...

So I tell them we are headed to the office and to get out the door. I stand in between them so they dont start again. I made the mistake of not calling for the security guard- thinking I had this under control. It's only girls right???? Never underestimate a 5'10-160 pound girl. We're going down the hall and they start going back and forth again. I'm in between but that didnt matter- they started coming together again with me in the middle. I grabbed Toya again and then side-kicked LaKeisha in the stomach and knocked her against the wall. I was pissed at this point and yelled- "Thats enough dammit!!!!"....from there, we made the walk down the hall to the principal's office without anymore crap.

Both girls got suspended 3 days. They return to class- and everybody is talking about their fight. They are laughing as they talk about it, as is the rest of the class. Toya is making fun of Shelton cause he couldnt handle Keisha and calling him a p**sy- a future D-1 football player. And then they start telling everybody about the walk down the hall to the office and Keisha is laughing as she goes- "Coach Wool kicked me ya'll. I tried to to get Toya again cause she was cussing at me and Coach Wool kicked me!!!! I knew he was serious den so i stopped."

The story I just told you is not abnormal at the poorer schools in Mississippi. I had to kick a 15-16 year old girl to keep her away from another- and they were laughing about it. Could you imagine that at MC or Prep????? **** no you cant. Not even close

SailingDawg
03-31-2016, 07:40 PM
The story I just told you is not abnormal at the poorer schools in Mississippi. I had to kick a 15-16 year old girl to keep her away from another- and they were laughing about it. Could you imagine that at MC or Prep????? **** no you cant. Not even close

Exactly! Great story and an example of what goes on outside the pretty little world of private schools.

Maybe this is why our legislature is trying to privatize education.

I will add that I work in a school that expels students for fighting, so the atmosphere is much better than most Title 1 schools in Mississippi.

shoeless joe
03-31-2016, 07:42 PM

I'm coaching at Grenada- It's 1st period Ms Studies and Channel 1 comes on like it does every morning. Freshmen-Soph mix in the class. 2 of my girls- who are BEST FRIENDS- start mouthing off at each other. An argument had started over a boy on the bus. I tell them to shut up. They stop. 30 seconds go by- they do it again- and now the cussing has started. I stand up and tell them "shut the hell up or you two are going to see Frye"- Grenada Principal and State grad who was State's 1st Black basketball player- great guy.

They stay quiet for another minute and suddenly I hear- "**** yo stupid ho ass!!!!" and they both get up and start throwing punches. Everybody clears out- desks are sliding around-and these two are getting at it like Hagler-Hearns in Round 1. YouTube that youngsters. I let them fight for about 15 seconds so they could get a little tired, then told Shelton Richardson- our JV QB that went and played at Holmes and La Tech- to grab LaKeisha and I'd get Toya. I grabbed Toya under the arm and around the neck and got her under control. She was good size but not post player big. Shelton- who was 6'2, 185- on the other hand was having hell getting LaKeisha. She keeps coming at me and Toya swinging and I yelled "Gddammit Shelton, grab her!!!!". 2 other football players jumped up got hold of her along with Shelton and got her stable...

So I tell them we are headed to the office and to get out the door. I stand in between them so they dont start again. I made the mistake of not calling for the security guard- thinking I had this under control. It's only girls right???? Never underestimate a 5'10-160 pound girl. We're going down the hall and they start going back and forth again. I'm in between but that didnt matter- they started coming together again with me in the middle. I grabbed Toya again and then side-kicked LaKeisha in the stomach and knocked her against the wall. I was pissed at this point and yelled- "Thats enough dammit!!!!"....from there, we made the walk down the hall to the principal's office without anymore crap.

Both girls got suspended 3 days. They return to class- and everybody is talking about their fight. They are laughing as they talk about it, as is the rest of the class. Toya is making fun of Shelton cause he couldnt handle Keisha and calling him a p**sy- a future D-1 football player. And then they start telling everybody about the walk down the hall to the office and Keisha is laughing as she goes- "Coach Wool kicked me ya'll. I tried to to get Toya again cause she was cussing at me and Coach Wool kicked me!!!! I knew he was serious den so i stopped."

Much rather break up a couple of male athletes fighting than a couple of females...not even close. I was in some fairly significant pain for a day after being the third coach on the scene and having to wrestle a 115 lbs female ball of fire all the way to the office. Stove up doesn't even begin to describe it!!!

shoeless joe
03-31-2016, 07:47 PM
Exactly! Great story and an example of what goes on outside the pretty little world of private schools.

Maybe this is why our legislature is trying to privatize education.

I will add that I work in a school that expels students for fighting, so the atmosphere is much better than most Title 1 schools in Mississippi.

Expulsion is tough if it's a general rule. IMO you gotta take the situation into account. If I'm without a doubt defending myself then I don't deserve to be expelled.

Where some districts need to step it up is when it takes 3-5 teachers to break it up. Get in a fight; take your days...start wrestling an adult police are called. When there is no situational discipline every fight becomes ridiculous because there's no extra punishment for being completely out of control.

Don't mean to take this too far off topic.

TrapGame
03-31-2016, 08:24 PM

I went to Grenada High in the 80's. I saw some shit too. Dude in my biology class that was dumb as a rock and about twenty had another dude get his job at Sunflower. So he goes there and stabs the m'fer to death for "stealing his job".

BorneDawg
03-31-2016, 08:31 PM
I was teaching in Smithville about 6 or 8 years ago (my first year teaching)when I witnessed a fight between two girls one I'll call Big Country about 6 foot 200 pound (country girl) against a smaller girl who was a supposed karate champion(showed off medals all the time). Karate Girl come up behind big country and swung at the back of her head after an argument but missed then Big Country turns around grabs Karate Girl by the back of the head slams her face into a brick wall about 5 times then dropped her on the ground and commences to stomp her luckily she didn't have her boots on that day. after little bit I asked her if she was done we needed to walk to the office. Needless to say karate girls face liked like hamburger meat. I wasn't about to tackle that one alone.

MSUDawg99
04-01-2016, 02:49 PM
I went to Grenada High in the 80's. I saw some shit too. Dude in my biology class that was dumb as a rock and about twenty had another dude get his job at Sunflower. So he goes there and stabs the m'fer to death for "stealing his job".

I know I shouldn't have laughed at this but.....