PDA

View Full Version : Who is Bill Conides and what did OM do to him?

jumbo
03-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Bill Conides ‏@Coach_Conides 50m50 minutes ago
Dear @OleMissFB thanks for not offering my kids. I can't wait for their teams to schedule you in the future. Get ready to get skull-drug.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-30-2016, 02:59 PM
St. Stanislaus HC

confucius say
03-30-2016, 03:06 PM
I'm now a rockachaw fan. What the hell is a rockachaw anyway

archdog
03-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Whatever it is, it is badass.

Commercecomet24
03-30-2016, 03:27 PM
I know him. Great guy. Couple kids that play on the travel team I coach go to Stanislaus.

starkvegasdawg
Dear @OleMissFB thanks for not offering my kids. I can't wait for their teams to schedule you in the future. Get ready to get skull-drug.

Has the CL article come out yet of TSUN coaches ticking off a high school coach and screwing over his players?

Lumpy Chucklelips
Looks like we offered his TE today, Chase Rogers, who is currently committed to Tenn.

TrapGame
03-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Has the CL article come out yet of TSUN coaches ticking off a high school coach and screwing over his players?

ZING!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-30-2016, 03:38 PM

Big fan of Coach Conides now. Was he the coach there when mini Favre played too?

Jack Lambert
03-30-2016, 03:53 PM
Big fan of Coach Conides now. Was he the coach there when mini Favre played too?

I am waiting on him to be coaching at a school with a 5 star guy that ole miss comes after. See if they get any push out of the coach like they get out of other high schools. This is where Coach Peterson and the other new coach out of Jackson will be very beneficial.

Leroy Jenkins
03-30-2016, 04:07 PM

Rock-A-Chaw is an old Choctaw word meaning devil grass. Most people call them sand spurs , those little round spikey balls that stick in your feet.

jbjones
03-30-2016, 04:08 PM

I always thought of it as a cuckleburr. Close enough.

rock-a-chaw (http://ststan.com/about/rock-a-chaw/)

MSUDawg99
03-30-2016, 04:27 PM
I always thought of it as a cuckleburr. Close enough.

rock-a-chaw (http://ststan.com/about/rock-a-chaw/)

A cuckleburra (sp?) is much larger than a rock-a-chaw. Rock-a-chaw are the same color as sand. Cuckleberra is brown & falls off trees.

MSUDawg99
03-30-2016, 04:29 PM

Haven't seen one but Will Sammon tweeted this. Ha. I hate to say but so far I like Will (I know. I know. I'm not allowed to). He's the one who took Courtney Cronin's place. He has formed any allegiances towards any team here in the Sipp yet so he's still unbiased from what I can tell so far. But give him time & I'm sure he'll get swayed one direction eventually.

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/715284590202589184

redstickdawg
03-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Rock-A-Chaw is an old Choctaw word meaning devil grass. Most people call them sand spurs , those little round spikey balls that stick in your feet.
I played on their field many years ago and those damn things were on the end where the visitors warmed up. It was a real pain.

Tupelodawg88
03-30-2016, 10:20 PM
A cuckleburra (sp?) is much larger than a rock-a-chaw. Rock-a-chaw are the same color as sand. Cuckleberra is brown & falls off trees.

Would that not be called a sweetgum ball?

Mjoelner34
03-30-2016, 10:30 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/60/5127/640/sandspur1.jpg

Todd4State
03-31-2016, 12:02 AM

No. Forrest Williams was the coach when Favre was there.

TrapGame
03-31-2016, 08:46 AM
Bo this morning said Conides made a mistake in calling out OM. He said he just should have kept his mouth shut. It was a very superficial expose on the entire ordeal. I'm sure OM had discussions with Conides that implied scholarships for players and then everything went stone cold and the om staff acted like Conides didn't even exist.

MSUDawg99
03-31-2016, 09:23 AM
Would that not be called a sweetgum ball?

Yeah sweetgum & cuckleburr are the same thing. I used to call them cuckleburr.

MSUDawg99
03-31-2016, 09:27 AM
Bo this morning said Conides made a mistake in calling out OM. He said he just should have kept his mouth shut. It was a very superficial expose on the entire ordeal. I'm sure OM had discussions with Conides that implied scholarships for players and then everything went stone cold and the om staff acted like Conides didn't even exist.

Interesting! Wonder what Bo thought about this then. (I'd tweet the screenshot that this person posted but I don't know how & it's too much trouble on this site to do it)

https://twitter.com/CopiahDawg/status/715335916974383104

MSUDawg99
03-31-2016, 10:36 AM
I guess Conides tweet is about one of his players Chase Rogers who comes from a UM family but hasn't been offered by them. Instead he's currently committed to TN but will take some visits to MSU & we have offered him as well.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
(I'd tweet the screenshot that this person posted but I don't know how & it's too much trouble on this site to do it)

If you're running Windows 7...start, all programs, accessories, snipping tool

shannondawg
03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
You guys may know sports, but don't know shit about cockleburs and sweetgum balls. Unless I am mistaken, or they just grow cocklebur bushes a lot taller than up here in the hill country, cockleburs are off bushes. spent many an hour pulling them out of my birddogs hair.

Sweetgum balls will play hell with your barefoot, but don't stick to you like cockleburs and sand spurts.

parabrave
03-31-2016, 10:46 AM

And their fb field is full of them. I hated playing there.

dawggoneit
03-31-2016, 12:07 PM
You guys may know sports, but don't know shit about cockleburs and sweetgum balls. Unless I am mistaken, or they just grow cocklebur bushes a lot taller than up here in the hill country, cockleburs are off bushes. spent many an hour pulling them out of my birddogs hair.

Sweetgum balls will play hell with your barefoot, but don't stick to you like cockleburs and sand spurts.

Anybody that has spent hours getting those s.o.b.'s out of a bird dog's coat knows the difference!

the59dawg
03-31-2016, 01:05 PM

Finally this. +
As you point out, cockleburrs(cuckleburrs for delta boys) grow about birddog high and will stick to anything that comes by, fur, socks, pants, etc. Can get quite a few from a single bush. Usually see several bushes in a location. You find sweetgum balls generally under a sweetgum tree toward the fall period of calendar. The two are not even remotely related.

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Just saw on Twitter he is stepping down due to this tweet. Not sure if true or a 4/1 thing or not.

JDog13
04-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Just saw on Twitter he is stepping down due to this tweet. Not sure if true or a 4/1 thing or not.

Trolt

Saltydog
04-02-2016, 09:55 AM
He should've kept his mouth shut, yada, yada, yada..........He's hurt his chances of getting a college job, yada, yada, yada......Coaches don't have to market their players........This was in between licking Richards nut sack.........