PDA

View Full Version : Bo on Finebaum

shannondawg
03-30-2016, 02:49 PM
His estimate is since La Tech last 11 schollys, that OM should be north of that. He said that most of the allegations came from out of state and not MSU.

I imagine fireworks are fixing to start now.

chef dixon
03-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Ole Miss should be thrilled if that's all they get. Should have gotten Rosebowl on for real info

STATEBALLIN
03-30-2016, 04:20 PM
I thought Bo **** the bed, he sounded so insecure and not confident in his information. Finebaum was sounding aggravated at the interview.

Bully13
03-30-2016, 04:25 PM
His estimate is since La Tech last 11 schollys, that OM should be north of that. He said that most of the allegations came from out of state and not MSU.

MOST of the allegations? I have a hard time thinking ANY came from in state. Sounds like BO was ill-prepared

LockeDawg
03-30-2016, 04:26 PM

Didn't Harbaugh have a few comments about a recruit that got up there and spilled some beans on OM?

Ralph
03-30-2016, 04:31 PM
Didn't Harbaugh have a few comments about a recruit that got up there and spilled some beans on OM?

That was Jim Hackett, Michigan's AD, referring to recruitment of Rashan Gary

Bully13
03-30-2016, 04:40 PM
Nebraska and upigs coaches have too

chef dixon
03-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Here's the bottom line on the OM investigation. Everyone wants more information but no one wants to hear the truth. Steve is trying his best to inform everyone of it but NO ONE outside our fanbase wants to hear it. So they will continue to disregard information brought to the table until its what they want to hear, which is that the OM investigation is "no big deal." This goes for Finebaum and these limp dick OM fans calling into his show immediately after Bounds goes off in order to call Bo out as a homer and defend their beloved Ole Miss. One guy even said listen to McCready if you want to know what's really going on with the investigation... LOL, this is the same guy who proved he had no clue what was going on with the investigation by touting the line that the NOA had "pretty much all to do with women's track and BB."

As for Finebaum, he changes his stances on every issue with a flip of a switch and tries to intimidate his interviewees. Its just part of his style and defense mechanisms to keep control of his show.

BulldogBear
03-30-2016, 05:10 PM
MOST of the allegations? I have a hard time thinking ANY came from in state. Sounds like BO was ill-prepared

Some State folks have agreed with the allegations but that's about as close as it came to MSU having anything to do with it.

maroonmania
03-30-2016, 05:13 PM
Here's the bottom line on the OM investigation. Everyone wants more information but no one wants to hear the truth. Steve is trying his best to inform everyone of it but NO ONE outside our fanbase wants to hear it. So they will continue to disregard information brought to the table until its what they want to hear, which is that the OM investigation is "no big deal." This goes for Finebaum and these limp dick OM fans calling into his show immediately after Bounds goes off in order to call Bo out as a homer and defend their beloved Ole Miss. One guy even said listen to McCready if you want to know what's really going on with the investigation... LOL, this is the same guy who proved he had no clue what was going on with the investigation by touting the line that the NOA had "pretty much all to do with women's track and BB."

As for Finebaum, he changes his stances on every issue with a flip of a switch and tries to intimidate his interviewees. Its just part of his style and defense mechanisms to keep control of his show.

Well I agree that no media wants to hear it. Apparently because they are all enamored with Hugh Freeze I guess. There are a number of other schools and fanbases that want to hear it because they are the ones that actually leveled the accusations, not us.

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2016, 05:16 PM
I thought Bo **** the bed, he sounded so insecure and not confident in his information. Finebaum was sounding aggravated at the interview.

I saw the interview as well, but I believe Finebaum is an extremely skilled interviewer & has a talent for finding the weak spot in the person being interviewed story. I thought Finebaum continued to push Bo to say some incriminating about Ole Miss while knowing that Bo simply can't do that, due to how Bo's show is sponsored & supported.

I thought Bo played it off pretty well actually

Dawgology
03-30-2016, 05:24 PM
I saw the interview as well, but I believe Finebaum is an extremely skilled interviewer & has a talent for finding the weak spot in the person being interviewed story. I thought Finebaum continued to push Bo to say some incriminating about Ole Miss while knowing that Bo simply can't do that, due to how Bo's show is sponsored & supported.

Why don't any of these media people interview Steve Robertson? He seems willing to talk and the traffic it generated to their program would be out of control.

Schultzy
03-30-2016, 05:29 PM

I agree, and Finebaum played the role of Conference homer and tried to feign irritated that sanctions were coming (which is pretty much how he has to play it at this point) or that out of state programs were causing a stink over OM recruiting which everyone knows is true.

Bounds was making a point to show this wasn't just an in state rival thing going on here.

Political Hack
03-30-2016, 06:21 PM
Why don't any of these media people interview Steve Robertson? He seems willing to talk and the traffic it generated to their program would be out of control.

Why don't they interview Jim Bob from the Wal-Mart parking lot? What authority does Rosebowl have in the OM investigation? Unless he says "Mr. X" is my source and he says _______, it's irrelevant. Otherwise it's like interviewing Yancy on an NCAA investigation of State. That's dumb.

Coach34
03-30-2016, 06:28 PM
Why don't they interview Jim Bob from the Wal-Mart parking lot? What authority does Rosebowl have in the OM investigation? Unless he says "Mr. X" is my source and he says _______, it's irrelevant. Otherwise it's like interviewing Yancy on an NCAA investigation of State. That's dumb.

I agree in principle- but Rosebowl has as much room to talk to as Bounds does. It's not like Bo really knows anything- Bdork and Freezus wont even come on his show

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2016, 06:52 PM

Because Rosebowl isn't affiliated with ESPN and Bo and Finebaum are. By bringing Bo in the show, they are pumping Bo's show

Dawgology
03-30-2016, 08:18 PM
Because Rosebowl isn't affiliated with ESPN and Bo and Finebaum are. By bringing Bo in the show, they are pumping Bo's show

That makes sense.

Dawgology
03-30-2016, 08:21 PM

Except that he's been right every step of the way, has broken scoop after scoop, had had conversations with the recruits, and obviously has inside informant. But besides that he's totally like a random person. So you are telling me that if State was in Ole Miss's shoes and Yancy had an inside scoop they wouldn't be interviewing him? Mmmmkay....

Harrydawg
03-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Also, I must say Steve has earned some cred so far. Anyone who is paying attention knows that Steve has been dead on balls accurate so far on the subject.......

That is the difference between he and Yancy

archdog
03-30-2016, 10:53 PM

You would think Fox Sports would have him on. Or CBS

greenbean
03-31-2016, 07:33 PM
Rosebowl needs to start livin' the lifestyle.

maroonmania
03-31-2016, 08:19 PM

There is no doubt that Rosebowl has earned his cred on this subject but I could see why Finebaum wouldn't want to have him on. You are right, across the SEC it would just be viewed as putting on the archrival's reporter to give his views on the OM investigation and it would be viewed as jaded. Just like we would feel if Yancy was somehow brought on to give news about MSU. Bo does at least maintain some claim to neutrality in his MS sports reporting.