PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we get Giddens? Ohio St. Transfer and hs teammate of Staley....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-30-2016, 01:25 PM
were on the list...

msstate7
03-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Position?

archdog
03-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Center - Basketball
We may. Doesn't he come from the same high school as staley?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-30-2016, 01:42 PM
C..I remember wishing like hell that Staley could sway him..but he stayed committed to Ohio State..He is a bad ass..

msstate7
03-30-2016, 01:42 PM
Center - Basketball
We may. Doesn't he come from the same high school as staley?

If we land him, which one of he, ado, and herard can play the 4? Or do we RS one of the freshmen?

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Is he going to play football cause I'm not sure Staley's basketball experience will help us land him. Maybe they are good friends and Staley can help there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-30-2016, 01:50 PM
Was Staley told to go to football when he wanted to still play basketball? If not then that shouldn't matter.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-30-2016, 01:52 PM
It would be a tough problem...but a good problem to have.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 01:53 PM
Was Staley told to go to football when he wanted to still play basketball? If not then that shouldn't matter.

I'm purely guessing. Staley may have loved his 5 minutes he saw total. Idk

KentuckyDawg13
03-30-2016, 01:55 PM
He would have to sit out a year.

Very strange to think MSU may have 3 real centers after years of not having 1.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 01:59 PM

UK has like five a year and they make it work

starkvegasdawg
03-30-2016, 02:13 PM
UK has like five a year and they make it work

4 of those 5 couldn't give a rip about playing time because they know next season they'll be in the NBA.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Ado and Herard will still be on the team in a year.....and Giddens can play the 4. Watch videos on this guy...he is very athletic

Ifyouonlyknew
03-30-2016, 02:23 PM
Giddens is very athletic but his offensive skills are limited. Mainly stuff around the basket. He's a very talented kid but he didn't make a big impact this year. A little less than 4ppg & 4rpg in 19min/game. He did avg 1.5bpg which led the team.

jumbo
03-30-2016, 02:55 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Giddens-19715?PlayerInstitution=31715

confucius say
03-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Why are all their players transferring? He is the fourth one

jumbo
03-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Why are all their players transferring? He is the fourth one

Not sure if it's the reason, but there are rumors that Thad Mata is about to retire.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Not sure if it's the reason, but there are rumors that Thad Mata is about to retire.

Must of run outta bubblegum

confucius say
03-30-2016, 03:07 PM

Bastard. He and David west.

archdog
03-30-2016, 03:14 PM

The rule should be if you fb coach holds camps in other states, then those states should get a waiver on transfers.

confucius say
03-30-2016, 03:20 PM
The rule should be if you fb coach holds camps in other states, then those states should get a waiver on transfers.

It's only fair

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-30-2016, 04:12 PM
The 247 article says he's considering us among 5 other teams (UK, UF, FSU, UT, UGA). Anybody have a leader?

Would love to have him, no one is finishing in the paint w/ him, Ado, & Herard switching out.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-30-2016, 06:09 PM
The 247 article says he's considering us among 5 other teams (UK, UF, FSU, UT, UGA). Anybody have a leader?

Would love to have him, no one is finishing in the paint w/ him, Ado, & Herard switching out.

I bet he ends up at Georgia or UT

Quaoarsking
03-30-2016, 06:18 PM
Do we have space for him?

7 recruits signed.
Newman, Ready, Weatherspoon, Holman, Strugg, Stapleton. That's 13.

I'm assuming Newman will return since a lot of draft boards aren't even listing him as a second round pick.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm assuming Newman will return since a lot of draft boards aren't even listing him as a second round pick.

If this guy wants Newman's scholi we absolutely give it to him so Newman better decide real soon what he is doing. We do not allow Newman to hold the 13th scholarship hostage. He's about to learn a life lesson real quick. Sorry but we've been telling him for months he needs to return. Shit or get off the pot. Last NBA mock doesn't have his name in either rounds. The signs are everywhere and he's choosing to be stubborn and ignore them. Tough cookie. We ain't passing on a 5***** player while Newman takes his sweet ol time with this. Life is tough. Sac it up.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-30-2016, 09:07 PM
Still hear a grad transfer is most likely. Anthony Livingston is a guy I keep hearing a lot about.

engie
03-30-2016, 09:13 PM
If this guy wants Newman's scholi we absolutely give it to him so Newman better decide real soon what he is doing. We do not allow Newman to hold the 13th scholarship hostage. He's about to learn a life lesson real quick. Sorry but we've been telling him for months he needs to return. Shit or get off the pot. Last NBA mock doesn't have his name in either rounds. The signs are everywhere and he's choosing to be stubborn and ignore them. Tough cookie. We ain't passing on a 5***** player while Newman takes his sweet ol time with this. Life is tough. Sac it up.

I see that you are back off your meds this week.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 09:21 PM
Still hear a grad transfer is most likely. Anthony Livingston is a guy I keep hearing a lot about.

Woah this dude is a beast! 15.9 ppg 10 rpg as a freshman, 15.5 ppg 9.4 rpg as a sophomore. 2nd team All-Sun Belt.
He is old and big. 22 years old. If this guys plays for us next year along with our 7 other stud freshman we are going dancing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttXdwW4ZRCg

Would he have two years of eligibility left?

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 09:28 PM
I see that you are back off your meds this week.

I see you're still in Rick Ray frame of mind. Come join the winners dude.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Woah this dude is a beast! 15.9 ppg 10 rpg as a freshman, 15.5 ppg 9.4 rpg as a sophomore. 2nd team All-Sun Belt.
He is old and big. 22 years old. If this guys plays for us next year along with our 7 other stud freshman we are going dancing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttXdwW4ZRCg

Would he have two years of eligibility left?

1 year

mcain31
03-30-2016, 09:52 PM
Thad Mata is a good coach. My cousin played for him

whosyourdawgy
03-30-2016, 10:20 PM

This is pretty dang funny. Malik is going to the pre draft camps. If he wants to come back after those camps, bet your sweet ass that Howland will welcome him back with open arms and his scholarship will be there. If you think otherwise, well you're wrong

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 10:30 PM
This is pretty dang funny. Malik is going to the pre draft camps. If he wants to come back after those camps, bet your sweet ass that Howland will welcome him back with open arms and his scholarship will be there. If you think otherwise, well you're wrong

So whose scholi are you pulling then cause I know you aren't saying tell the 5* transfer thanks but no thanks. You pulling Strugg, Ready or Stapleton's? Anyway you slice it you're the bad guy. Nice guys don't win.

engie
03-30-2016, 10:38 PM
I see you're still in Rick Ray frame of mind. Come join the winners dude.

Winners don't cut or threaten to cut Malik Newman. Nor do they put him on the chopping block in any way whatsoever.

Dawg61
03-30-2016, 10:48 PM
Winners don't cut or threaten to cut Malik Newman. Nor do they put him on the chopping block in any way whatsoever.

Wait is that the #1 rated shooting guard and the lock lottery pick Malik Newman or is that the Malik Newman that's dropped completely outta the draft and wasn't even starting at the end of the season? Clock is reaching midnight. You're gonna be left without Newman, Giddens, Livingston and now Stapleton.

MarketingBully
03-31-2016, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't grab a transfer that has to sit out. I would only go after a grad transfer. Anthony Livingston is who we need to get. We will be fine either with Malik coming back or staying in. My best guess is that we will try to find a good place for Strugg to land. This team is loaded with talent but is heavy with freshmen and sophomores. We need a grad transfer senior that can give us leadership with IJ Ready. Of course if Newman comes back, IJ could be another that we try to find a soft place to land. Who knows....

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't grab a transfer that has to sit out. I would only go after a grad transfer. Anthony Livingston is who we need to get. We will be fine either with Malik coming back or staying in. My best guess is that we will try to find a good place for Strugg to land. This team is loaded with talent but is heavy with freshmen and sophomores. We need a grad transfer senior that can give us leadership with IJ Ready. Of course if Newman comes back, IJ could be another that we try to find a soft place to land. Who knows....

Livingston shot .859% from the free throw line last year. That's insane. This guy is old as dirt and looks to be tough as nails. He's a walking double double. He looks mean as hell. He basically averaged a double double his entire time at ASU.

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209643497&DB_OEM_ID=7200 This is only his first year there. There's an entire second season of him averaging 15.5 ppg 9.4 rpg and shooting 86% from the charity stripe.

Statefan
03-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Is Livingston comparable to Moultrie?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-31-2016, 09:04 AM
Do we have space for him?

7 recruits signed.
Newman, Ready, Weatherspoon, Holman, Strugg, Stapleton. That's 13.

I'm assuming Newman will return since a lot of draft boards aren't even listing him as a second round pick..

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 09:08 AM

Livingston had five games with 15 or more rebounds as a freshman. He shot 86% from the FT line and it wasn't cause he barely went to the line. He went 142 times and made 122 of them. We've never had a big guy shoot FT's that well that I can remember. His second to last game he had 22 rebounds and 18 points and that was vs Little Rock the team that upset Purdue in the NCAA tournament. He is a much needed veteran tough guy for a very young team. My answer is yes he's comparable and I think I'd rather have Livingston for this team than Moultrie as crazy as that sounds.

ScottH
03-31-2016, 09:11 AM

How are his knees?

msstate7
03-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Do we have any in's with Livingston? Gotta figure they'll be a good bit of competition for him and we're building so we aren't a lock for the tourney

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-31-2016, 09:20 AM

That guy has a bit of a troubled past, but really great numbers.

msstate7
03-31-2016, 09:21 AM
That guy has a bit of a troubled past, but really great numbers.

So om is the leader?**

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-31-2016, 09:23 AM
Do we have any in's with Livingston? Gotta figure they'll be a good bit of competition for him and we're building so we aren't a lock for the tourney

Arkansas State is an Adidas school.

Dawg61
03-31-2016, 09:37 AM

Looks to me like nobody wants to touch him cause he had a run in with a cop and cause he's about to collect retirement. Oh well. Our gain. Should make playing in Missouri more interesting.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2016, 09:41 AM
Looks to me like nobody wants to touch him cause he had a run in with a cop and cause he's about to collect retirement. Oh well. Our gain. Should make playing in Missouri more interesting.

No he's going to be highly sought after by high majors. His past won't be much of a deterrent considering he's only going to be on campus less than a year. He would be a great pickup.