PDA

View Full Version : Marrero

Okrastar1
03-29-2016, 09:57 PM
Gonna be hard to keep him out of the lineup, he really seems to have flipped that switch. Very rarely gonna strike out, he's gonna make you make a play on the ball to force him out! Really impressed so far with the freshman

CadaverDawg
03-29-2016, 10:03 PM
10 for his last 13 I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. He is en fuego

Okrastar1
03-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Even in the beginning of the season he was puttin the bat on the ball, just right to someone. Nice watching him find the openings finally!

msstate7
03-29-2016, 10:12 PM
Love seeing him hit, but we need him to clean it up defensively some. Marrero is too good defensively to be getting so many pass balls

starkvegasdawg
03-29-2016, 10:38 PM

He'll bunt his next 10 at bats.

DistrictDawg92
03-29-2016, 10:39 PM
I think he made a great decision in going to college. After 3 years of developing his power at the plate and defensive abilities I think he will be a top 3 round pick. He has the perfect size for a catcher, hits from both sides and has well above average speed for a catcher. He has MLB written all over him.

I hate to say it, but I think Lovelady going down was a blessing in disguise. Forced Cohen to put the best bat in there, and Elih will only get better throughout the year. Something tells me we will be clicking on all cylinders come May. We just need one more SP to step up as well as 1 or 2 more guys out of the pen to show some consistency and we will be a complete team.

Best roster top to bottom under Cohen IMO.

Okrastar1
03-29-2016, 10:42 PM
I wish Tatum could find it again... He is really hanging the ball up in the zone too much the last few weeks... I really feel like he may be better suited for SP than as a reliever. I think he has to build into his stuff. Just not been great as a situational guy. Gives up multiple runs when he comes in it seems like.

Loved Pilkington tonight btw, seems like he needs a shot at Sunday's. Can't hurt?

Todd4State
03-29-2016, 11:13 PM
I wish Tatum could find it again... He is really hanging the ball up in the zone too much the last few weeks... I really feel like he may be better suited for SP than as a reliever. I think he has to build into his stuff. Just not been great as a situational guy. Gives up multiple runs when he comes in it seems like.

Loved Pilkington tonight btw, seems like he needs a shot at Sunday's. Can't hurt?

And Tatum's stuff was straight too. Not a good combination. Had some bad luck on a check swing that turned into a two run error.

Pilkington was good tonight- but I don't think he is ready to be a SEC starter yet. I think he could help us some out of the bullpen.

Maroon Blood
03-30-2016, 08:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZGTP2wkPc

bulldogcountry1
03-30-2016, 09:25 AM
He's been making a lot contact all season. He hit a lot lazy fly balls, but got the feeling he was going to eventually start dialing things in and wind up over .270. I like his energy and toughness. He's going to be a good leader. I'm not sure what the explanation is for his PBs because he looks fantastic 98% of the time. He seems to have the most trouble soon after a pitching change, so it may just be communication or familiarity. Whatever it is, it will get cleaned up.

engie
03-30-2016, 09:55 AM
Love seeing him hit, but we need him to clean it up defensively some. Marrero is too good defensively to be getting so many pass balls

It's mental defensively. He's trying to help the pitchers too much and overselling his framing. When that happens, balls hit off end of your glove like his past balls that I've seen... He's just gotta settle in defensively