PDA

View Full Version : WLBT 3 does man on the street about Simmons

TrapGame
03-28-2016, 10:11 PM
Showing the video to random folks at a local gas station. Not surprising all of them said he should be off the team. One said he should go to jail.

So.....

I don't remember WLBT doing man on the street interviews for AK's night club shenanigans or Kimchee's Superman imitation off the balcony or Stringfellow's rape allegations.

Anybody know how many OM alums are executives at WLBT? I'm guessing quite a few.

Coach34
03-28-2016, 10:14 PM
It's amazing when you really start building the case of what happens with us vs them

OM signed a guy that got in trouble for sticking his finger up other player's asses. He admitted it. How do you sign THAT guy to your team????

SDDawg
03-28-2016, 10:28 PM
It's amazing when you really start building the case of what happens with us vs them

OM signed a guy that got in trouble for sticking his finger up other player's asses. He admitted it. How do you sign THAT guy to your team????

Because they are Ole Mess and they are despicable, screw them.

CadaverDawg
03-28-2016, 10:31 PM

Hell, that was a big selling point to that bunch. Most of them like that kind of thing, if you know what I mean.

http://rotter.name/User_files/nor/53b551861168952f.jpg

starkvegasdawg
03-28-2016, 10:34 PM
I bet every bear fan around called in sick today because of severe carpal tunnel from fapping to this story for the last 36 hours straight.

BayouDawg
03-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Well they know we are gonna keep him on the team (just like any team would) and they see a golden opportunity to make it look worse than it is. It's kinda hard to kick someone off the team that's currently still in high school. **** the Mississippi media. It's worse than the damn soviet propaganda

Apoplectic
03-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Showing the video to random folks at a local gas station. Not surprising all of them said he should be off the team. One said he should go to jail.

So.....

I don't remember WLBT doing man on the street interviews for AK's night club shenanigans or Kimchee's Superman imitation off the balcony or Stringfellow's rape allegations.

Anybody know how many OM alums are executives at WLBT? I'm guessing quite a few.

Who is this so called man? I need to tweet him some knowledge.

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 10:50 PM
So when is MSU going to amp up its journalism and media programs? The only solution to this ever increasing problem is to fight fire with fire. We have to be the go to university in this state to fill these jobs with our alumni. I would like to see a major emphasis be put on this immediately! Enroll double or triple the amount of students Old Misses does in these majors every single year.

Jack Lambert
03-28-2016, 11:00 PM
Because they are Ole Mess and they are despicable, screw them.

Hell yeah. Let him do his time and keep him on the team. Those Son of Bitches are hoping we throw him off the team so they can add him to their recruiting class in a year or so. **** Ole Miss!

LC Dawg
03-28-2016, 11:22 PM
Did WLBT also do a piece on Treadwell getting baptized? WAPT did.

Commercecomet24
03-28-2016, 11:54 PM
Well they know we are gonna keep him on the team (just like any team would) and they see a golden opportunity to make it look worse than it is. It's kinda hard to kick someone off the team that's currently still in high school. **** the Mississippi media. It's worse than the damn soviet propaganda

Amen and amen!

Drugs Delaney
03-29-2016, 05:53 AM

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2014/10/sayreville_high_school_football_hazing_parent_reve als_sexual_nature_of_locker_room_ritual_exclusive. html

Ralph
03-29-2016, 05:55 AM
Maybe Simmons is the ultimate feminist. Treating men and women equally and all. Being gender blind. Funny how feminists want equal treatment and when they get it they cry that the man should lose all he's earned in his life.

That said I couldn't do that to a woman unless my life were truly in jeopardy. But listening to some groups using their own words this is actually equality by their definition.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-29-2016, 06:17 AM
Did WLBT also do a piece on Treadwell getting baptized? WAPT did.

Did Freeze do it?

LC Dawg
03-29-2016, 07:31 AM
Did Freeze do it? He was in the picture but I don't think he baptized him.
I just find it really odd that a Jackson TV station considers this newsworthy.

TrapGame
03-29-2016, 08:13 AM
It was the top story on WLBT last night w/ the ISIS sympathizers from State the #2 story. You can't tell me that wasn't planned. Then OM gets a sloppy rim job in the sports section with their big NFL try outs.

And, yes, WLBT did cover Treadwell's immersion into the pure waters. I nearly yacked.

shannondawg
03-29-2016, 08:23 AM
You mean to say Freeze played a guy that wasn't baptized?

Liverpooldawg
03-29-2016, 08:34 AM
WTVA did one on campus. I don't recall them ever doing one about a Rebel either.

fishwater99
03-29-2016, 08:52 AM
It was the top story on WLBT last night w/ the ISIS sympathizers from State the #2 story. You can't tell me that wasn't planned. Then OM gets a sloppy rim job in the sports section with their big NFL try outs.

And, yes, WLBT did cover Treadwell's immersion into the pure waters. I nearly yacked.

Wow... I very rarely watch the local news. It's horrible..

lastmajordog
03-29-2016, 08:59 AM
So when is MSU going to amp up its journalism and media programs? The only solution to this ever increasing problem is to fight fire with fire. We have to be the go to university in this state to fill these jobs with our alumni. I would like to see a major emphasis be put on this immediately! Enroll double or triple the amount of students Old Misses does in these majors every single year.

I brought this up SEVERAL times last fall and was ignored. The national situation shows there is a NEED for a true journalism / reporting University instead of a kool aid drinking talking points nursery school. That has been my take for several years along with a possible law school that can produce REAL constitutional law judge's as opposed to the Harvard law benders.......sorry for the soapbox.

AlSwearengen
03-29-2016, 09:36 AM

Wait a minute!! Who did this? Stringfellow? And what was going on that he was sticking his finger up a teammate's ass?

mic
03-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Is WLBT being run by the CL now.... Man on the street reporter... I wonder how many people he asked this question too?? I'm sure over 1/2 of them asked who the **** the Jeffery Simmons...
With all the bullshit, corruption , murder, Ect. In the Jackson metro area this should have be brought up in the sports broadcast only..

mic
03-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Wait a minute!! Who did this? Stringfellow? And what was going on that he was sticking his finger up a teammate's ass?

No... Shit that is minor to what String was accused and charged with..

PassInterference
03-29-2016, 09:44 AM

The Simmons story ran because there is a video.

We got the bubble headed
Bleached blonde
Comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash
With a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

TrapGame
03-29-2016, 09:51 AM

We got the bubble headed
Bleached blonde
Comes on at five
With a gleam in her eye
Give us dirty laundry

And there's several videos of Kimchee fighting, smoking pot, stealing. And not one prime time appearance or man on the street judgement call.

Bully13
03-29-2016, 10:17 AM
This is Ole Miss driven. They have butt hurt over js signing with us. The other part is they know all their recruiting and football success over the last few years is About to be exposed as fraudulent.

These are the actions of a childish fan base in panic mode. They have no self control at this point and it's only going to get worse. I feel sorry for yall living in MS having to live amongst this shit.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 10:21 AM
I brought this up SEVERAL times last fall and was ignored. The national situation shows there is a NEED for a true journalism / reporting University instead of a kool aid drinking talking points nursery school. That has been my take for several years along with a possible law school that can produce REAL constitutional law judge's as opposed to the Harvard law benders.......sorry for the soapbox.

This is the solution to the problem. How do we get it to the powers that be though? How much would it cost to have journalism/media and law programs started or developed at MSU? Do we have these fields already and they are just put on the back burner?

maroonmania
03-29-2016, 10:23 AM

We got the bubble headed
Bleached blonde
Comes on at five
With a gleam in her eye
Give us dirty laundry

Who gives a rat's ass. The whole MS media is a damn joke. With Stringfellow do I really need a video if you tell me he knocked a woman out??? Let's ask the freakin' man on the street about that. What a crock.

Taog Redloh
03-29-2016, 10:25 AM
Seems to me the big talking point is the hitting of a woman.

I just can't rationalize with the guys who say "there is NO REASON to ever hit a woman". Really? REALLY??? NO reason? Bill Burr said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIOY2ezMy9A

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Seems to me the big talking point is the hitting of a woman.

I just can't rationalize with the guys who say "there is NO REASON to ever hit a woman". Really? REALLY??? NO reason? Bill Burr said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIOY2ezMy9A

Bernard Eulls got a medal for hitting a woman, she just happened to have a gun on a school bus. So apparently the line in the sand is having a dangerous weapon. As for me, if someone is attacking my family I am going to kick someone's ass. I don't care if they are male, female, or transgender.

maroonmania
03-29-2016, 10:36 AM
Bernard Eulls got a medal for hitting a woman, she just happened to have a gun on a school bus. So apparently the line in the sand is having a dangerous weapon. As for me, if someone is attacking my family I am going to kick someone's ass. I don't care if they are male, female, or transgender.

Yea, and according to what Rosebowl was saying on his show yesterday, the FULL video shows Simmons trying to get the woman off his sister multiple times before the altercation started between him and her. Apparently he didn't just initially run into the melee throwing punches.

notsofarawaydawg
03-29-2016, 10:42 AM
The Commercial Disgrace in Columbus weighed in on the Simmons ordeal today. They HATE anything MSU .. There is also an articles on the front page of today's paper .. this is their OPINION piece for today's edition. It was in columns so there are hyphens throughout that I did not edit.

Simmons incident troubling on several levels

The act has been commit-ted. The judgments will follow.Over the weekend, a cellphone video emerged that appeared to show Jeffrey Sim-mons, Mississippi State’s most highly-prized football recruit this winter, striking a woman last week in Macon. The video appears to identi-fy Simmons — a teenager who stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 250-plus pounds — as the per-son repeatedly pummeling the woman with his fists as she lay on the ground.On Monday, the Macon Police Department announced that Simmons will face simple assault and disturbing the peace charges.Each of the charges is a misdemeanor subject to up to six months in jail and up to a $500 fine. That judgment will be made over the course of time, as will the decision Mississippi State will make in regard to Simmons’ future with the university. At this point, Simmons is neither a student at MSU or a member of the Bulldogs’ foot-ball team. There is sentiment among many MSU supporters that it should stay that way. His offenses, though consid-ered misdemeanors by the judicial system, are simply too disturbing and thus, too great a stain on the university’s rep-utation to permit any further association with the player.Conversely, there are those who say that as troubling as the incident is, the best path for Simmons’ rehabilitation may rest with the guidance offered him through his asso-ciation with the university and its football program. Simmons would not be the first to ben-efit from the college expe-rience, where young people learn not only academics, but how to function within a larg-er, more complex society.MSU officials must weigh the costs and benefits of each choice and make that judg-ment. The remaining judgment requires no lengthy delibera-tion. The court of public opinion opened from the moment the video first emerged. There are two things which viewers of that video were likely to have found especially disturbing. First, the attack itself. The arguments that could be made in Simmons’ defense — immaturity, heat of passion, defense of family, momentary lapse in judgment — seem laughably irrelevant, so vicious were those images.Second, and in some ways even more gut-wrenching, was the scene itself. It shows a crowd of people, perhaps doz-ens, including many children. The most haunting of those images comes near the end, after the fight has been bro-ken up. A small boy, maybe 3 or 4 years old, is shown stand-ing just a foot or so from the victim, who remains on the ground. The child’s demeanor suggests that the event which he has just witnessed has left no real impression on him. He does not seem at all disturbed, frightened or traumatized by the brutality of the incident. Desensitized is a word we often associate with such a re-sponse: What you are exposed to most often becomes famil-iar and, over time, accepted.But what sort of world do we live in where such an act of violence seems to barely register on a young child? At some point, judgments by the courts and university will be made and the conse-quences will follow.But two questions should haunt our consciences be-cause they are the most important and unresolved questions. The first: What does the future hold for children such as that child in the video, whose environment appears to already have conditioned him to world of senseless violence? The second: As a society, what can we do about it?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Yea, and according to what Rosebowl was saying on his show yesterday, the FULL video shows Simmons trying to get the woman off his sister multiple times before the altercation started between him and her. Apparently he didn't just initially run into the melee throwing punches.

I'd like to see that because I did find it amazing how the video was edited to only include Simmons' role. It's hard for me to believe that the person recording the event just so happened to start filming when Simmons got involved. It seems like whoever filmed it has a problem with Simmons and used it to ruin him.

Taog Redloh
03-29-2016, 10:57 AM

It's on youtube bro. the whole thing.

Mjoelner34
03-29-2016, 11:04 AM

Hartsfield and a teammate sitting in the grass
Hartsfield stuck his finger up his teammate's ass
His teammate said 'You poor old soul.'
'Go stick your finger up your own asshole.'

msstate7
03-29-2016, 11:12 AM
Wonder if wlbt sends a man to the streets if Simmons signed with om

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-29-2016, 11:18 AM
This is the solution to the problem. How do we get it to the powers that be though? How much would it cost to have journalism/media and law programs started or developed at MSU? Do we have these fields already and they are just put on the back burner?

Forward Bulldogs.....??

notsofarawaydawg
03-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Noxubee County native and Simmons family friend states that this was all a setup by the girls family with Simmons as the main target in this family vs family feud. Says it's all bullshit. Not excusing his actions at all but he was setup. Wonder how much it cost the NETWORK?

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Noxubee County native and Simmons family friend states that this was all a setup by the girls family with Simmons as the main target in this family vs family feud. Says it's all bullshit. Not excusing his actions at all but he was setup. Wonder how much it cost the NETWORK?

If this is true, then UM is playing a completely different game than us. That is some guerilla warfare type stuff. UM just letting all the top recruits know if you spurn them you will pay for it.

notsofarawaydawg
03-29-2016, 02:25 PM
If this is true, then UM is playing a completely different game than us. That is some guerilla warfare type stuff. UM just letting all the top recruits know if you spurn them you will pay for it.

This source is very reputable and very close to the family. UM's going to do what they can at this point to deflect any attention from their football program and will go after MSU in any way they can.

TrapGame
03-29-2016, 02:34 PM
This source is very reputable and very close to the family. UM's going to do what they can at this point to deflect any attention from their football program and will go after MSU in any way they can.

Sweet Buddha, they must be getting some really bad news from the NCAA in a few days.

was21
03-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Journalism majors aren't exactly lighting it up salary wise

War Machine Dawg
03-29-2016, 02:40 PM

Hammer meet nail. Until we are willing to invest in putting out our own well trained spin masters, we have no way to fight back. And frankly, our bitching about how we're treated is dumb since we basically choose to not even compete with Northern Miss for liberal arts students.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 03:25 PM
Hammer meet nail. Until we are willing to invest in putting out our own well trained spin masters, we have no way to fight back. And frankly, our bitching about how we're treated is dumb since we basically choose to not even compete with Northern Miss for liberal arts students.

Well that needs to change immediately. Who are the people in charge of this for MSU?

lastmajordog
03-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Forward Bulldogs.....??

MSU already has an award winning editor/writer/journalist in Sid Salter, someone that would give this start a huge credential.