PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrites

GTHOM
03-28-2016, 08:28 AM
As if they were not easy enough to hate already, the ole miss fanbase on their moral high horse about Simmons beats all I've ever seen. I guran damn tee you over half their starters have been arrested or done something. The Nkemdiches beat some kids ass at a frat after they stole the kids TV and they confronted them about it, Trae Elston has been arrested numerous times, Stringfellow beat some girls ass over a video camera. Seriously Rebs??? Really??? They should not be allowed to utter a single syllable about taking a bad kid, or ''giving him a 2nd chance.'' Dont even get me started. Of course for them its ''out of love.'' For us we should send the kid to jail and not ever allow him within 100 feet of Davis Wade. GTFO with that garbage. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I promise you the second this all happened Freeze put his # back on speed dial

ShotgunDawg
03-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Meh, they could care less. They just hope that Mullen cuts Simmons loose (which he won't do) so that they can re-recruit him. It has nothing to do with their morals & everything to do with them just not wanting Simmons on our team & hopefully getting another shot to get him on theirs.

GTHOM
03-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Meh, they could care less. They just hope that Mullen cuts Simmons loose (which he won't do) so that they can re-recruit him. It has nothing to do with their morals & everything to do with them just not wanting Simmons on our team & hopefully getting another shot to get him on theirs.

Go look at any OM fans social media and it sounds like Sunday morning in the Pulpit

ShotgunDawg
03-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Go look at any OM fans social media and it sounds like Sunday morning in the Pulpit

Of course it does, but it's pretty easy to see their intentions

GTHOM
03-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Of course it does, but it's pretty easy to see their intentions

Oh i agree with you like I said earlier I promise you the Rev. found Simmons cell # real quick again. Its just hilarious and sad at the same time to me that a fanbase can make themselves so easy to hate.

Political Hack
03-28-2016, 08:40 AM
I agree that they're the most hypocritical fan base I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.

That said, there needs to be a serious punishment or possible dismissal for Simmons. That's a mistake you can't make. I would hate to lose him and I've heard he's a great kid 99% of the time, but he's got a lot to prove now and you can't let one kid ruin the image of a school. I can also promise you that the media will torch our asses if we're the least bit lenient here while Freeze gets to play the savior for the CL, Daily Journal, and any other crap rag in the state.

GTHOM
03-28-2016, 08:43 AM
I agree that they're the most hypocritical fan base I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.

That said, there needs to be a serious punishment or possible dismissal for Simmons. That's a mistake you can't make. I would hate to lose him and I've heard he's a great kid 99% of the time, but he's got a lot to prove now and you can't let one team ruin the image of a school. I can also promise you that the media will torch our asses if we're the least bit lenient here while Freeze gets to play the savior for the CL, Daily Journal, and any other crap rag in the state.

So how do you think we should handle it then?? I mean its not the NFL, Mullen is not the kids dad. I agree its a big time and serious mistake but I dont think we should take the kids chance to play here away. Suspend him for 4 games, but dont take the dudes scholly away

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-28-2016, 08:43 AM
As if they were not easy enough to hate already, the ole miss fanbase on their moral high horse about Simmons beats all I've ever seen. I guran damn tee you over half their starters have been arrested or done something. The Nkemdiches beat some kids ass at a frat after they stole the kids TV and they confronted them about it, Trae Elston has been arrested numerous times, Stringfellow beat some girls ass over a video camera. Seriously Rebs??? Really??? They should not be allowed to utter a single syllable about taking a bad kid, or ''giving him a 2nd chance.'' Dont even get me started. Of course for them its ''out of love.'' For us we should send the kid to jail and not ever allow him within 100 feet of Davis Wade. GTFO with that garbage. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I promise you the second this all happened Freeze put his # back on speed dial

The biggest difference is that all the ones you listed above happened when they were enrolled as students at OM, while Simmons is a student at a high school and not under the MSU system yet. MSU really doesn't have a leg to stand on for discipline other than to take his scholarship away, but let's be real...There's not many teams in the SEC that would pull the offer and all the others would be waiting in line to sign him. Until he is charged with a crime, it's nothing more than a PR issue that will go away when a more high profile player does something stupid.

GTHOM
03-28-2016, 08:46 AM
The biggest difference is that all the ones you listed above happened when they were enrolled as students at OM, while Simmons is a student at a high school and not under the MSU system yet. MSU really doesn't have a leg to stand on for discipline other than to take his scholarship away, but let's be real...There's not many teams in the SEC that would pull the offer and all the others would be waiting in line to sign him. Until he is charged with a crime, it's nothing more than a PR issue that will go away when a more high profile player does something stupid.

Stringfellow and Jamal Mosley were busted then transferred to OM, Mosley was even charged with rape and they took him. Which was my whole point, they should suspend themselves for even saying a single word about Simmons

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-28-2016, 08:51 AM
So how do you think we should handle it then?? I mean its not the NFL, Mullen is not the kids dad. I agree its a big time and serious mistake but I dont think we should take the kids chance to play here away. Suspend him for 4 games, but dont take the dudes scholly away

Just curious..If Simmons was a 2 star would this change anything? oh yea definitely

Maroonthirteen
03-28-2016, 08:57 AM
All you need to know about them.... 3 Ole Miss players in this video. Were any kicked off the team?

https://youtu.be/7Qfg4lziyIQ

maroonmania
03-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Stringfellow and Jamal Mosley were busted then transferred to OM, Mosley was even charged with rape and they took him. Which was my whole point, they should suspend themselves for even saying a single word about Simmons

I was thinking Stringfellow had 2 separate incidents of some sort of violence against a female. I know it was something to that effect that got him kicked out of the program at Washington.

Political Hack
03-28-2016, 09:10 AM
What I do know is that we shouldn't use their displanary decisions to dictate ours. They're a dispicaple group that places the ability to play football above God and the law. They use religion as a crutch to keep kids who make mistakes time after time after time. Meanwhile they dismiss a kid that can't hear because he's not helping them on defense. It's disgusting. I hate it. And I don't want it at the University that I attended.

I'm not sure if Simmons needs to be kicked off the team or not. But I do know Mullen shouldn't take it off the table just because he's a 5 star kid or a good football player. The punishment should be severe. It's was an incredible lapse of judgment and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

GTHOM
03-28-2016, 09:21 AM
I was thinking Stringfellow had 2 separate incidents of some sort of violence against a female. I know it was something to that effect that got him kicked out of the program at Washington.

Im not 100 percent but I think you are right. I know that the last incident he beat some girl over a video camera and the sent him packing

GTHOM
03-28-2016, 09:22 AM
All you need to know about them.... 3 Ole Miss players in this video. Were any kicked off the team?

https://youtu.be/7Qfg4lziyIQ

what players

maroonmania
03-28-2016, 09:36 AM
What I do know is that we shouldn't use their displanary decisions to dictate ours. They're a dispicaple group that places the ability to play football above God and the law. They use religion as a crutch to keep kids who make mistakes time after time after time. Meanwhile they dismiss a kid that can't hear because he's not helping them on defense. It's disgusting. I hate it. And I don't want it at the University that I attended.

I'm not sure if Simmons needs to be kicked off the team or not. But I do know Mullen shouldn't take it off the table just because he's a 5 star kid or a good football player. The punishment should be severe. It's was an incredible lapse of judgment and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

And on a side note it just continues to amaze me the way MSU football always seems to catch the worst of everything. I mean there is no doubt Simmons was the one true jewel of the recent recruiting class and of all the 18 signees that inked with us that had to have something like this come up it would HAVE to be Simmons. This whole situation is so MState that you just have to sit and shake your head.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-28-2016, 09:42 AM

You're right, I forgot about Stringfellow's previous incident at UW...I was thinking of his disorderly conduct in the square.

TrapGame
03-28-2016, 09:44 AM
And on a side note it just continues to amaze me the way MSU football always seems to catch the worst of everything. I mean there is no doubt Simmons was the one true jewel of the recent recruiting class and of all the 18 signees that inked with us that had to have something like this come up it would HAVE to be Simmons. This whole situation is so MState that you just have to sit and shake your head.

So true.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-28-2016, 09:44 AM

I think he should get a lengthy suspension and should only be reinstated based on good behavior + successful completion of counseling. He is obviously familiar and comfortable with the current coaching staff. Maybe this is the best environment for him to get back on track. Unless he feels like moving / playing in a different part of the country would do him some good which is understandable.

Dawgology
03-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Sometimes I believe we deserve what we get because we are so f'n stupid as a fan base. You have people who claim to be State fans saying he needs to be kicked off the team. Total dumbasses. Get him into the program and help him get better as an athlete and individual. Guess what??? What he did is a misdemeanor. A misdemeanor. Ranked right up there with truly terrible crimes of trespassing and toilet papering a house. You have some of our OWN f'n fans calling for his arrest.

To be clear...fighting is never a good idea regardless of male or female...especially when a spotlight is on you as an athlete. But he is also 18 years old and someone was beating on his sister and talking about his deceased family. At 18 I may have lost my shit also...

I'm not excusing his actions but the way some of our fans act like Ole Miss lap dogs is truly baffling. These same idiots will complain when we are losing and Ole Miss is out recruiting us but then they go all ****tarded on some bullshit like this.

Jesus, we are a stupid fan base.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-28-2016, 09:52 AM

If all things were equal, I would agree with you...but this is the world of college football. Why is it on Mullen to discipline him when he isn't a student at MSU?

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Sometimes I believe we deserve what we get because we are so f'n stupid as a fan base. You have people who claim to be State fans saying he needs to be kicked off the team. Total dumbasses. Get him into the program and help him get better as an athlete and individual. Guess what??? What he did is a misdemeanor. A misdemeanor. Ranked right up there with truly terrible crimes of trespassing and toilet papering a house. You have some of our OWN f'n fans calling for his arrest.

To be clear...fighting is never a good idea regardless of male or female...especially when a spotlight is on you as an athlete. But he is also 18 years old and someone was beating on his sister and talking about his deceased family. At 18 I may have lost my shit also...

I'm not excusing his actions but the way some of our fans act like Ole Miss lap dogs is truly baffling. These same idiots will complain when we are losing and Ole Miss is out recruiting us but then they go all ****tarded on some bullshit like this.

His upcoming punishment and the backlash he is receiving is 100% because he punched a woman. If he got in a fight with a guy no one would care. I am not making any sort of statement as to whether this is right or wrong or whatever, but the outrage is 100% because the person getting punched was a female.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-28-2016, 09:55 AM
If all things were equal, I would agree with you...but this is the world of college football. Why is it on Mullen to discipline him when he isn't a student at MSU?

The guy obviously needs some discipline in his life. Mullen needs to do it if no one else in his life is. Mullen could very well be the difference in this guys life from being a first round draft pick making millions to living back at home in poverty.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-28-2016, 10:05 AM
The guy obviously needs some discipline in his life. Mullen needs to do it if no one else in his life is. Mullen could very well be the difference in this guys life from being a first round draft pick making millions to living back at home in poverty.

I agree, but it's not on Mullen to discipline him. That's on the courts, his high school support, and his family. All Mullen can make sure that he knows what the expectations are for his behavior while at MSU and the staff can mentor him to try and eliminate being in this position again in the future. I think he should be on a short leash, should attend counseling, but the suggestion that he should miss games before he's even been charged is crazy.

Dawgology
03-28-2016, 10:16 AM
I agree, but it's not on Mullen to discipline him. That's on the courts, his high school support, and his family. All Mullen can make sure that he knows what the expectations are for his behavior while at MSU and the staff can mentor him to try and eliminate being in this position again in the future. I think he should be on a short leash, should attend counseling, but the suggestion that he should miss games before he's even been charged is crazy.

And if you suspended every MSU football player that had been charged with disturbing the peace you probably wouldn't have much of a team to field

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 10:16 AM

That said, there needs to be a serious punishment or possible dismissal for Simmons. That's a mistake you can't make. I would hate to lose him and I've heard he's a great kid 99% of the time, but he's got a lot to prove now and you can't let one kid ruin the image of a school. I can also promise you that the media will torch our asses if we're the least bit lenient here while Freeze gets to play the savior for the CL, Daily Journal, and any other crap rag in the state.

Exactly! I responded with the same sentiment to another poster in the locked thread.

I feel we run a more dignified program than UNM. I wouldn't want to change that just to get a stud recruit on campus. That's the kind of thing Ole Miss does. I do not ever want to be Ole Miss.

This is not to say the kid doesn't deserve a chance at redemption and forgiveness. But that's a completely separate issue from whether or not he deserves a spot on our team.

I saw the video. As much as we could really use his talent, this is the kind of thing that can define a program. What he did was truly disgusting, even if the other party was asking for an ass-whooping.

If we do keep him on our roster, I truly hope we levy a severe punishment (such as a 1 year suspension), and add to it mandatory counseling.

ShotgunDawg
03-28-2016, 10:19 AM
1. Simmons is not going to jail over this

2. Simmons will get a 2nd chance and play college football somewhere

3. Why should that place not be MSU? Why does another school deserve to give him a 2nd chance more than MSU?

Think with your head & not your heart here.

Maroonthirteen
03-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Stringfellow and ELston... I forget the 3rds name.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Exactly! I responded with the same sentiment to another poster in the locked thread.

I feel we run a more dignified program than UNM. I wouldn't want to change that just to get a stud recruit on campus. That's the kind of thing Ole Miss does. I do not ever want to be Ole Miss.

This is not to say the kid doesn't deserve a chance at redemption and forgiveness. But that's a completely separate issue from whether or not he deserves a spot on our team.

I saw the video. As much as we could really use his talent, this is the kind of thing that can define a program. What he did was truly disgusting, even if the other party was asking for an ass-whooping.

If we do keep him on our roster, I truly hope we levy a severe punishment (such as a 1 year suspension), and add to it mandatory counseling.

I'll never defend OM, but they aren't special in that regard....everyone in the SEC faces these issues. Saban allowed an ex-UGA d-lineman on the team and caught hell for it. Eventually the kid messed up again and made the decision to release him easier for Saban. And those that say there is a culture problem, they are correct to an extent. There is a major issue with discipline and entitlement of athletes off the field and there is no culture in place to stop it.

I agree on the counseling, but at this time he has no affiliation with MSU other than he accepted a scholarship, so why the suspension?

smootness
03-28-2016, 10:32 AM

All of this.

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 10:43 AM

3. Why should that place not be MSU? Why does another school deserve to give him a 2nd chance more than MSU?

1. We don't know that

2. No doubt

3. Because we are not Ole Miss. I like that we seem to value high character at our school. If we take Simmons now that sends a bad message. At a minimum, I think he needs a severe penalty and mandated counseling, with his return to the team predicated on a doctor signing off on his counseling success. Anything less makes us look too damned much like Ole Miss.

BoomBoom
03-28-2016, 11:00 AM
1. We don't know that

2. No doubt

3. Because we are not Ole Miss. I like that we seem to value high character at our school. If we take Simmons now that sends a bad message. At a minimum, I think he needs a severe penalty and mandated counseling, with his return to the team predicated on a doctor signing off on his counseling success. Anything less makes us look too damned much like Ole Miss.

Should we not take him even if a normal student would be unaffected by a similar situation? Do academic scholarships normally get pulled for misdemeanors?

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Should we not take him even if a normal student would be unaffected by a similar situation? Do academic scholarships normally get pulled for misdemeanors?

I do not buy that a, "normal student" would be unaffected. I think a, "normal student" would be sent packing by our admin.

To be sure, I think if said, "normal student" was coming to MSU on a full-ride scholarship that student would almost assuredly lose their scholarship.

smootness
03-28-2016, 11:06 AM

I would think certain arrests and behavior would absolutely put your academic scholarship at risk. Most of those are based partially on recommendations for character and extracurricular activities as well.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-28-2016, 11:08 AM

taking this stance gains nothing for any of the parties involved. & if anyone's reason for taking it is to gain or maintain a feeling of moral superiority over anyone else then that is a self-serving & unfulfilling stance to take, and it will never bear fruit for you.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-28-2016, 11:14 AM
1. We don't know that

2. No doubt

I keep seeing this mentioned, but why are we comparing ourselves only to om when there are many other schools in the SEC that have faced or are facing similar issues?

WesternSkyDawg
03-28-2016, 11:25 AM

Yes

WesternSkyDawg
03-28-2016, 11:27 AM
taking this stance gains nothing for any of the parties involved. & if anyone's reason for taking it is to gain or maintain a feeling of moral superiority over anyone else then that is a self-serving & unfulfilling stance to take, and it will never bear fruit for you.

Excellent point

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 11:43 AM

I disagree entirely. I think our staff's approach in this regard has contributed to our success under Mullen. Our MO is that we go after high-character young men who are willing to accept the discipline and hard work it takes to be a player at MSU. I believe it's part of the reason why we seem to do better with less stars than other teams. Part of that is being better at evaluating and, "coaching up", but I truly believe part of it is getting the types of players that have the character and self-discipline to take the, "harder path".

If we start taking guys who don't it can bring that down faster than you think. If guys on the team start to believe certain guys get a free-pass, then they could become less-inclined to, "buy into" what our program claims to be.

smootness
03-28-2016, 11:47 AM
Can we stop with the 'feeling of moral superiority' and 'moral high horse' crap? We get it, some of you couldn't care less about doing the right thing. But some people actually do, and it's not just so they can feel better than others. That is ridiculous.

Brahmabull
03-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Why do some believe the right thing is to not let him in school? I don't believe hitting women at all, but if I see one of my daughters being beaten by a person, man or women, I will do everything in my power to rescue my daughter and make sure it doesn't happen again.

starkvegasdawg
03-28-2016, 11:56 AM
I do not buy that a, "normal student" would be unaffected. I think a, "normal student" would be sent packing by our admin.

To be sure, I think if said, "normal student" was coming to MSU on a full-ride scholarship that student would almost assuredly lose their scholarship.

Our admin would never know if a normal student got into a fight while he was still in high school. How many fights did the people reading this board get into in high school. Did MSU know about those? Not defending what he did, but I understand. I lost my dad 11 years ago. Even today, if someone came up to me talking bad about him I would beat their ass into the ground or get mine beat trying. Some things are just off limits and a person's family that has died is one of those things. Talking about a person's deceased family member can cause you to act completely out of character. You become EXTREMELY defensive and not in your normal mind. Maybe that woman should have thought of that before she spouted off about the family of a 235lbs athlete.

WesternSkyDawg
03-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Can we stop with the 'feeling of moral superiority' and 'moral high horse' crap? We get it, some of you couldn't care less about doing the right thing. But some people actually do, and it's not just so they can feel better than others. That is ridiculous.

My apologies. I failed to recognize that you'd been anointed as the High Arbiter of the Right Thing.

The easy thing to do would be throw the kid under the bus, then puff out our collective self-righteous chests.

The tougher road, and the right thing to do IMHO, is to take the hit from a PR standpoint, accept his apology, actually help the young man, then hold him accountable and make sure he lives up to our standard going forward.

Gordon Gekko
03-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Sports and politics are the 2 biggest items that will turn people into hypocrites.

smootness
03-28-2016, 12:03 PM
My apologies. I failed to recognize that you'd been anointed as the High Arbiter of the Right Thing.

The easy thing to do would be throw the kid under the bus, then puff out our collective self-righteous chests.

The tougher road, and the right thing to do IMHO, is to take the hit from a PR standpoint, accept his apology, actually help the young man, then hold him accountable and make sure he lives up to our standard going forward.

Where did I throw him under the bus or suggest others do so? My point is that there are some State fans actually excusing what he did. I think that is completely wrong. That in no way means I'm getting on my 'moral high horse' about it, and insinuating that is stupid.

BulldogBear
03-28-2016, 12:04 PM

^Sense

HSVDawg
03-28-2016, 12:22 PM

Very well stated. Especially the part about him being a 5-star and potentially getting preferential treatment. I think there are an awful lot of people on here currently arguing on Simmons behalf that would not be doing so if this was, say, Tre Brown or Jon Michael Hankerson. Thats the saddest thing to me, that how good he is should have any bearing as to how our coaches handle the situation.

I really wish our fans would just quit choosing sides on this one and support whatever the coaches and Keenum decide as far as punishment. The bottom line is this isn't going to end in a feel-good fashion either way. There is not a good result, no matter what. If we keep him on board, we get crucified in the media and every single coach in the SEC thats after a kid we are also after just has to pull up Youtube on their phone to show the mama's on the in-home visits what kind of players we have in our locker room. If we drop him, a kid who previously was considered relatively trouble free may in the short term or potentially long term lose his ability to play major college football (which is likely his ticket out of the cesspool environment to that contributed to this incident to begin with). And on top of all that, we of course lose a pretty good player.

whatever
03-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Oklahoma suspended RB Joe Mixon for a year for something similar, and I want to say his incident happened before his freshman year... I'm thinking we see something along those lines.

It's just a different climate out there with violence against women than it was even 5 years ago, some severe punishment has to happen or the media & social media rakes you over the coals.

Coach34
03-28-2016, 01:47 PM
It's just a different climate out there with violence against women than it was even 5 years ago, some severe punishment has to happen or the media & social media rakes you over the coals.

I dont see any way it happens. 1st off- what he will be charged with is almost nothing. The woman is getting the same charge he is.

starkvegasdawg
03-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Macon PD saying misdemeanor disturbing the peace.

Coach34
03-28-2016, 02:11 PM

Exactly

Then the woman will file simple assault charges- Simmons' family will file simple assault charges on her...both sides end up reaching a plea.

Her being out at the Club this past weekend wont help her case that she was injured

chef dixon
03-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Imagine if this happened before signing day. Ole Miss, Bama, and UT are all still gonna be faxing him their signing papers.

BossDawg
03-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Just give it a little. It won't be long. It's getting about that time for one of their guys to do something stupid and every bit of this will be forgotten. There's a reason they are at the top of the Fulmer Cup standings.

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Our admin would never know if a normal student got into a fight while he was still in high school. How many fights did the people reading this board get into in high school. Did MSU know about those? Not defending what he did, but I understand. I lost my dad 11 years ago. Even today, if someone came up to me talking bad about him I would beat their ass into the ground or get mine beat trying. Some things are just off limits and a person's family that has died is one of those things. Talking about a person's deceased family member can cause you to act completely out of character. You become EXTREMELY defensive and not in your normal mind. Maybe that woman should have thought of that before she spouted off about the family of a 235lbs athlete.

If the admin heard about an incoming student scheduled to get a full-ride scholarship getting into a similar altercation, then I suspect the scholarship would be rescinded and given to a more deserving student. And please, let's not pretend this was just another fight and justified because the girl shot her mouth off about deceased relatives.

He is a BIG young man who took several shots at a girl who was on the ground! Had she attacked him, or had she pulled a weapon, or gone after a little defenseless kid, it might be a different story. But her talking crap about his dead nephews does not give Simmons the right to pummel her.

PassInterference
03-28-2016, 02:36 PM

Hey those are "charges". Don't stop the Ole Miss "charges being filed" parade.

These "charges" are right up there with Ole Miss's "sources".

tcdog70
03-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Where did I throw him under the bus or suggest others do so? My point is that there are some State fans actually excusing what he did. I think that is completely wrong. That in no way means I'm getting on my 'moral high horse' about it, and insinuating that is stupid.

Smoot, you don't know what actually happened other than some video clip. How about let the authorities handle the situation. He is a kid in high School. Just wait and see what happens before condemning. When you get the facts, maybe put yourself in His shoes and see how you feel.

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 02:42 PM

Then let me ask you this. Would you be in favor of letting the kid come to school, but not play football? How about helping him get in at a JC ot some other lower-division program? Or is it possible your altruism is tied to a desire to get a football stud to play for MSU?

smootness
03-28-2016, 02:50 PM
Smoot, you don't know what actually happened other than some video clip. How about let the authorities handle the situation. He is a kid in high School. Just wait and see what happens before condemning. When you get the facts, maybe put yourself in His shoes and see how you feel.

Correct. The only thing I know is that after she was on the ground, Simmons walked up to her and hit her multiple times. I don't know exactly what happened before the video starts. Having read Simmons' apology, I do feel like I have a good idea.

What I'm saying is that regardless of what happened before the video started filming, unless she brandished some sort of weapon or something, which would be strange for Simmons to leave out, there is no excuse for him walking up and punching her.

I'm fully ok with allowing authorities, including the State administration and coaching staff, to handle the situation, as I've said multiple times. I have not condemned Simmons. From all accounts he's a good kid and just made a big mistake. I would hope everyone is willing to forgive him and allow him to move forward.

I have tried to put myself in his shoes, and regardless of the level of anger I might feel over the words she supposedly said to him, his actions are not justified.

Coach34
03-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Then let me ask you this. Would you be in favor of letting the kid come to school, but not play football? How about helping him get in at a JC ot some other lower-division program? Or is it possible your altruism is tied to a desire to get a football stud to play for MSU?

There is no reason for the kid not to come to State. We have students on our campus with drug charges and all kinds of things- just like every other campus does. You are being ridiculous.

Most SEC football teams have anywhere from 5-10 players with misdemeanors on their record out of their 85 on scholarship. You don't know this because you rarely hear about it

Coach34
03-28-2016, 02:55 PM
Nobody says shit about kids getting into college and remaining in college after getting DUi's. Driving a large machine impaired- capable of killing people. But a guy took a couple swings at someone that had attacked his family??? Shit- let's run him out of town

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2016, 03:01 PM

Just curious but if it was a guy beating on his sister would it be ok for him to hit the guy?

BamaIsYourDaddy
03-28-2016, 03:05 PM

Do you know the definition of "hypocrite"? Because I think if you did, you would realize that you're a member of the same fanbase that was giving Ole Piss all sorts of shit for RKD falling out of a window and smoking weed. If that's such a horrible offense, what do you call a 300-pound man assaulting a woman? Wouldn't your defense of that shit be a perfect example of hypocrisy, given the circumstances?

Bully13
03-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Drunk driving. .threatening folk with AK'S and shit. ....whipping up on step daddy's. ...Kids just 17 up sometime. ...not condoning nor preaching. ...just telling it like it is

MSUDawg99
03-28-2016, 03:17 PM

AGREED. I hate MSU fans sometimes. So damn stupid.

GTHOM
03-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Do you know the definition of "hypocrite"? Because I think if you did, you would realize that you're a member of the same fanbase that was giving Ole Piss all sorts of shit for RKD falling out of a window and smoking weed. If that's such a horrible offense, what do you call a 300-pound man assaulting a woman? Wouldn't your defense of that shit be a perfect example of hypocrisy, given the circumstances?

Dude wtf are you talking about? You sound like an OM troll to me but its whatever. To respond to your question yes I know what the definition of a hypocrite is, my point had nothing to do with RKD, (Which I've never seen any State fan ever call him that hmmmm) smoking weed, I referenced the fact that he beat a kids ass while he was on campus there after he stole from the kid, and Where was I defending what Simmons did??? It was wrong my whole point was OM fans cannot say a single word about taking a kid whos done something stupid or is a thug because they've got tons of them on the team and they know it. If I were you I'd worry about my own comprehension skills before I called someone else out about knowing their vocabulary

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 04:05 PM

Enjoy your ban and touring your local wal-mart to shop for Bama gear. Guaran****ingtee you aren't a Bama grad. Pus$y sidewalk fan.

Political Hack
03-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Just curious but if it was a guy beating on his sister would it be ok for him to hit the guy?

I'm generally ok with violence as a form of conflict resolution. Nations do it continually but if an individual does it, they're hung out to dry. However, the context of the situation has to be explored. I didn't say he should be booted and I didn't say he shouldn't be punished. I've walked the line here. The siutuation needs to be explored and the legal authorities involved need to dictate the punishment. After which, I hope Mullen speaks with them to help determine what, if any, punishment is warranted from the football program.

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 05:00 PM
There is no reason for the kid not to come to State. We have students on our campus with drug charges and all kinds of things- just like every other campus does. You are being ridiculous.

Most SEC football teams have anywhere from 5-10 players with misdemeanors on their record out of their 85 on scholarship. You don't know this because you rarely hear about it

We DO NOT have full scholarship students on campus that have drug offenses, etc, etc. I guarantee you any kid getting a full-ride academic scholarship has a code-of-conduct attached to that agreement that spells out the fact that the scholarship is subject to revocation based on personal conduct, GPA, etc.

THAT, is a big difference. Nobody is saying Simmons can't come to MSU. What some are saying is it's debatable as to whether or not he should receive a scholarship and represent our football program, or at least be subject to significant punitive and corrective action that befits what was done.

As far as misdemeanors go, some only warrant modest action, but some deserve more. Assault is a pretty big one. If you add in the whaling on a girl half-his-size while she is on the ground, that's a lot worse, unless there is something else we don't know about, like multiple attackers, weapons involved, etc.

If Simmons had a track record of thuggery, I'd be adamantly opposed to him ever being on our team. But, if this is truly the only black mark on an otherwise stellar record of being a solid citizen, and/or there are extenuating circumstances we do not yet know about that could warrant such an attack (weapons involved, multiple attackers, etc), I'm ok with him getting a 2nd chance as long as there is an appropriate disciplinary action.

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm generally ok with violence as a form of conflict resolution. Nations do it continually but if an individual does it, they're hung out to dry. However, the context of the situation has to be explored. I didn't say he should be booted and I didn't say he shouldn't be punished. I've walked the line here. The siutuation needs to be explored and the legal authorities involved need to dictate the punishment. After which, I hope Mullen speaks with them to help determine what, if any, punishment is warranted from the football program.

I agree. We have too many people that saw a short clip and want to put the kid in Parchment. Let the people who get paid to handle these situations do their job.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-28-2016, 06:26 PM
I feel like we need a "A Few Good Men" speech for some:

"You can’t handle the truth! …Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-30-2015/dAgkih.gif

Coach34
03-28-2016, 06:49 PM
We DO NOT have full scholarship students on campus that have drug offenses, etc, etc. I guarantee you any kid getting a full-ride academic scholarship has a code-of-conduct attached to that agreement that spells out the fact that the scholarship is subject to revocation based on personal conduct, GPA, etc..

You sure about that?

Kid gets his scholarship and is doing well at State- GPA is good. Goes home for the summer and gets a DWI. Comes back and rolls on. Are you telling me we do background checks on EVERY kid on scholarship before EVERY semester? I'll assure you we dont. I can guarantee we have students with misdemeanors on their records on scholarship. Hell, OM has probably 10 on their football team. Marshall Henderson had a record and got a full ride to OM.

Misdemeanors dont exclude people from scholarships

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 06:59 PM
You sure about that?

Kid gets his scholarship and is doing well at State- GPA is good. Goes home for the summer and gets a DWI. Comes back and rolls on. Are you telling me we do background checks on EVERY kid on scholarship before EVERY semester? I'll assure you we dont. I can guarantee we have students with misdemeanors on their records on scholarship. Hell, OM has probably 10 on their football team. Marshall Henderson had a record and got a full ride to OM.

Misdemeanors dont exclude people from scholarships

Well, I suppose I should have qualified it as being, if the university becomes aware of this kind of thing happening to a normal student on full-ride academic scholly, then I feel quite certain that student's scholarship would be pulled.

What we are dealing with in Simmons is a known event. How our school deals with it is important and telling. Sure, there are any number of schools who would look the other way, or take token action (UNM), but that doesn't make it right, or even the right approach for us.

I suspect there will be an appropriate reaction because I believe we run a cleaner, more ethical program than most, and I think Dr. Keenum is a fantastic representative of our university who will make sure the right thing is done.

blacklistedbully
03-28-2016, 07:09 PM
AGREED. I hate MSU fans sometimes. So damn stupid.

If you and Dawgology think a large man beating a woman repeatedly while she is on the ground is the moral equivalent of TPing someone's house, then you guys are the, "damn stupid idiots".

MSUDawg99
03-28-2016, 07:38 PM
If you and Dawgology think a large man beating a woman repeatedly while she is on the ground is the moral equivalent of TPing someone's house, then you guys are the, "damn stupid idiots".

I AM a woman. I don't condone violence in any way shape or form. Its not right for a man to hit a woman. But its also not right for a woman to go beating on a man cause she thinks she can & get no repercussions for her actions. Its wrong. Both situations are wrong. But what also is wrong IS JUDGING A PERSON OR SITUATION FROM A FAR WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY. There are three sides to every story. His, hers & the truth. Its no ones place to play judge & point fingers. We've all made mistakes in our lifetime. If this situation involved us or one of our fam members we'd feel differently & hope that others could forgive our actions or at least not judge us for a situation they know nothing about. Let the powers that be handle this situation. As for the rest of us, its none of our business & should stay out of it. You'd want the same if it were you.

Coach34
03-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Well, I suppose I should have qualified it as being, if the university becomes aware of this kind of thing happening to a normal student on full-ride academic scholly, then I feel quite certain that student's scholarship would be pulled

I suspect there will be an appropriate reaction because I believe we run a cleaner, more ethical program than most, and I think Dr. Keenum is a fantastic representative of our university who will make sure the right thing is done.

We sign ballplayers- women and men- that have misdemeanors on their record every year
We give academic Schollys to women and men with misdemeanors on their record every year

So does every school in the South

djaymsu5
03-28-2016, 10:20 PM
For god sakes people the kid is coming to Msu and he will play. Yes the situation is awful but at the end of the day the kid is a 5 star top defensive lineman in the country who we desperately need. He learned his lesson and now he will move on. Let him get charged and do his community service and move on with his life. Does it make it ok? No it doesn't but that fact of the matter is the kid deserves a second chance and I'm all for us taking him into a family environment at state and teaching the kid how to act. It would be absolutely idiotic for us to pull his scholly only to send him to juco to waste a year or two for another school to pick him up.

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Blacklisted has gone full mental on his high horse all the way from California. You saw four seconds of a misdemeanor and you want to ruin this man's life over it. Did you magically see the 30 minutes before that led up to those four seconds? No. No you didn't. Did you talk to the woman that insulted Simmon's dead relatives before she went to the club the next night? No. No you didn't. You've gone full retard over four seconds. I'm not surprised cause you're a fly off the handle type just looking for the next opportunity to fly off the handle. You're toxic to my university. Much more so than Simmons. You are the one that needs to move on to another school to fly off the handle about. Not the high school senior.

Dawgology
03-29-2016, 09:38 AM

I keep hearing this "violence against women" thing thrown around. This is not a domestic abuse situation. This is not an abuse situation at all. This is not a prolonged relationship in which a female is emotionally or physically traumatized.

The white knight mentality is neat and all and I certainly don't condone violence against women. But when I say that I mean that you shouldn't actively seek women out to do them harm or disrepair. In my line of work I've seen women endure prolonged and violent relationships. I've seen them assaulted in many ways with horrific consequences.

This situation is none of those.

This was a street fight. One in which the "victim" started against an entire family by verbally assaulting the entire family. By mocking deceased (juvenile) family members. Then the "victim" physically attacked one of the family members which led to an all out fight between the two. If you actually watch the entire video and not the 3 seconds of Simmons throwing jabs you will see that both Simmons and another family member attempt to break up the fight no less than three (3) times. It was the final time, the one in which the "victim" continued fighting his sister that Simmons through three quick jabs and walked away.

Now, I'm not condoning what Simmons did AT ALL....but I'm not attacking him because it was a female. I wouldn't condone it whether it was a male or female lying on the ground due to the fact that he is in the spotlight and every action he takes will be dissected.

Let me be VERY clear. The "victim" here started a fight by verbally attacking the families deceased family members then physically attacking another family member. Yet we want to ride the high horse and scream violence against women???? Here is a great plan. If you don't want to get hit then don't start a fight....

If you could refrain from punching someone after they mocked a dead relative and started beating on your sister when you were 17 then more power to you. Some of us can. But I've a felling Simmons' blood was up and (at 17) emotions are already running high...not to mention that he is big for his age and athletic.

You see but you do not observe. You judge but you don't understand. People that look at the world as black and white in regards to moral choices are a burden to society in my opinion. It's a neat concept, the moral paragon, but in reality it is a straw man that does more harm than good.

notsofarawaydawg
03-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Looks like the hypocrites the subject refers to are residents of Elitedawgs. This is such a stupid thread and should be locked.

WesternSkyDawg
03-29-2016, 09:50 AM
I keep hearing this "violence against women" thing thrown around. This is not a domestic abuse situation. This is not an abuse situation at all. This is not a prolonged relationship in which a female is emotionally or physically traumatized.

The white knight mentality is neat and all and I certainly don't condone violence against women. But when I say that I mean that you shouldn't actively seek women out to do them harm or disrepair. In my line of work I've seen women endure prolonged and violent relationships. I've seen them assaulted in many ways with horrific consequences.

This situation is none of those.

This was a street fight. One in which the "victim" started against an entire family by verbally assaulting the entire family. By mocking deceased (juvenile) family members. Then the "victim" physically attacked one of the family members which led to an all out fight between the two. If you actually watch the entire video and not the 3 seconds of Simmons throwing jabs you will see that both Simmons and another family member attempt to break up the fight no less than three (3) times. It was the final time, the one in which the "victim" continued fighting his sister that Simmons through three quick jabs and walked away.

Now, I'm not condoning what Simmons did AT ALL....but I'm not attacking him because it was a female. I wouldn't condone it whether it was a male or female lying on the ground due to the fact that he is in the spotlight and every action he takes will be dissected.

Let me be VERY clear. The "victim" here started a fight by verbally attacking the families deceased family members then physically attacking another family member. Yet we want to ride the high horse and scream violence against women???? Here is a great plan. If you don't want to get hit then don't start a fight....

If you could refrain from punching someone after they mocked a dead relative and started beating on your sister when you were 17 then more power to you. Some of us can. But I've a felling Simmons' blood was up and (at 17) emotions are already running high...not to mention that he is big for his age and athletic.

You see but you do not observe. You judge but you don't understand. People that look at the world as black and white in regards to moral choices are a burden to society in my opinion. It's a neat concept, the moral paragon, but in reality it is a straw man that does more harm than good.

BRAVO, Good Sir. Bravo

Dawgology
03-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Looks like the hypocrites the subject refers to are residents of Elitedawgs. This is such a stupid thread and should be locked.

I fail to see why I would be labeled to hypocrite. Never once have I said that any other team shouldn't keep or sign a player because of their actions save the ones in which murder, rape, domestic abuse, burglary, theft, drug use/sale was conclusively proven. Fights, and general wilding will occur with athletes. If you removed every player that has had any dust-ups or shenanigans then you would be able to field a team of about 12 people in all....this goes for any football team.

smootness
03-29-2016, 10:38 AM
I fail to see why I would be labeled to hypocrite. Never once have I said that any other team shouldn't keep or sign a player because of their actions save the ones in which murder, rape, domestic abuse, burglary, theft, drug use/sale was conclusively proven. Fights, and general wilding will occur with athletes. If you removed every player that has had any dust-ups or shenanigans then you would be able to field a team of about 12 people in all....this goes for any football team.

This wasn't a 'fight', though. That's what so many State fans seem to willfully misunderstand. It was a guy punching a girl who was on the ground.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 10:53 AM
This wasn't a 'fight', though. That's what so many State fans seem to willfully misunderstand. It was a guy punching a girl who was on the ground.

It's a misdemeanor. Let it go Nancy you're only hurting MSU by continuing to bleed over it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-29-2016, 11:00 AM

From the short clip of video, it looks to me that Simmons is a product of his environment and the best thing for him is to get away from it as soon as he can whether that be a JUCO, Prep School, or at a university.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Blacklisted has gone full mental on his high horse all the way from California. You saw four seconds of a misdemeanor and you want to ruin this man's life over it. Did you magically see the 30 minutes before that led up to those four seconds? No. No you didn't. Did you talk to the woman that insulted Simmon's dead relatives before she went to the club the next night? No. No you didn't. You've gone full retard over four seconds. I'm not surprised cause you're a fly off the handle type just looking for the next opportunity to fly off the handle. You're toxic to my university. Much more so than Simmons. You are the one that needs to move on to another school to fly off the handle about. Not the high school senior.

Ah, the moron strikes again.

LMAO at you accusing me of flying off the handle. Irony.

Only a complete, short-sighted, dim-witted imbecile would think that any athlete losing his scholarship to one school, and being forced to accept one at another school would = "his life is ruined".

Why would I need to see what happened prior to come to the conclusion I have, that barring unknown facts such as weapons involved or multiple attackers requiring Simmons to do what he did, he should face severe consequences, ranging from a year's suspension and mandated counseling to being kicked off the team, whatever our administration decides is befitting? And while you cling to the hope that there was something so egregious in the minutes prior as to justify whaling on a woman half-his -size on -the-ground, consider that Simmons, to his credit, immediately issued an apology, accepted blame, and told us his reason for doing it was the girl saying bad stuff about his dead nephews. And what difference does it make that the skanky bitch that said that stuff and took the beating went clubbing the next night? Are we supposed to believe that the act Simmons committed is only ugly if the girl sustained significant enough injury to keep her bed-ridden?

Sorry, but Simmons himself admitted that is not enough to justify what he did. But you seem to think so. To me, that makes you the one who is, "toxic to our university". In fact, this latest diatribe makes you an embarrassment to our university.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Ah, the moron strikes again.

LMAO at you accusing me of flying off the handle. Irony.

Only a complete, short-sighted, dim-witted imbecile would think that any athlete losing his scholarship to one school, and being forced to accept one at another school would = "his life is ruined".

Why would I need to see what happened prior to come to the conclusion I have, that barring unknown facts such as weapons involved or multiple attackers requiring Simmons to do what he did, he should face severe consequences, ranging from a year's suspension and mandated counseling to being kicked off the team, whatever our administration decides is befitting? And while you cling to the hope that there was something so egregious in the minutes prior as to justify whaling on a woman half-his -size on -the-ground, consider that Simmons, to his credit, immediately issued an apology, accepted blame, and told us his reason for doing it was the girl saying bad stuff about his dead nephews. And what difference does it make that the skanky bitch that said that stuff and took the beating went clubbing the next night? Are you supposed to believe that the act Simmons committed is only ugly if the girl sustained significant enough injury to keep her bed-ridden?

Sorry, but Simmons himself admitted that is not enough to justify what he did. But you seem to think so. To me, that makes you the one who is, "toxic to our university". In fact, this latest diatribe makes you an embarrassment to our university.

It's hard to kick him off the team when he's never been a part of it. There are only 2 outcomes to this situation. We either revoke his scholarship offer and he doesn't attend MSU or he attends MSU and does so without suspension. We don't have a reason to discipline him, but we do have the ability to issue certain conditions to remain on a scholarship.

Coach34
03-29-2016, 11:25 AM
It's hard to kick him off the team when he's never been a part of it. There are only 2 outcomes to this situation. We either revoke his scholarship offer and he doesn't attend MSU or he attends MSU and does so without suspension. We don't have a reason to discipline him, but we do have the ability to issue certain conditions to remain on a scholarship.

this all day

Simmons is going to enroll In June and he is going to get in vs South Alabama sometime in the 1st quarter because its going to be 100 degrees and the back-up DL will play alot

smootness
03-29-2016, 11:28 AM
It's a misdemeanor. Let it go Nancy you're only hurting MSU by continuing to bleed over it.

Some things are more important than college sports fandom. I've said before that I'm not advocating for him to be disallowed from playing football at State. But when people continue to throw out things like 'support our players' when the same people have thrown countless players under the bus for poor performance, it tells me one thing: the only thing that matters to those people is how talented the player is. That tells me that if Simmons was a 2-star kid, they'd be throwing him under the bus with the quickness.

Mullen deserves credit for the way he's run the program. But this incident has proven to me that our fanbase is no different from any other.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 11:30 AM
It's a misdemeanor Nancy stfu and go buy Kroger out of tampons.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 11:39 AM
What part of misdemeanor are you not understanding? He's seventeen years old too. Jesus. Getting a speeding ticket is a misdemeanor. Just cause you're deeply offended by this certain misdemeanor doesn't suddenly make it a felony worthy of stronger punishment.

Johnson85
03-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Some things are more important than college sports fandom. I've said before that I'm not advocating for him to be disallowed from playing football at State. But when people continue to throw out things like 'support our players' when the same people have thrown countless players under the bus for poor performance, it tells me one thing: the only thing that matters to those people is how talented the player is. That tells me that if Simmons was a 2-star kid, they'd be throwing him under the bus with the quickness.

Mullen deserves credit for the way he's run the program. But this incident has proven to me that our fanbase is no different from any other.

Our fan base is not much different than any other. Most fan bases are not that different from each other if you compare roughly equal organizations/teams, although there are some exceptions. But why you think that this incident shows that is beyond me. This is an incident that wouldn't get much, if any, press for a non-football player. It is bad and looks bad, but people not wanting to blow it out of proportion simply because he's a football player is not exactly an example of a fanbase going off the rails.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 11:58 AM
What part of misdemeanor are you not understanding? He's seventeen years old too. Jesus. Getting a speeding ticket is a misdemeanor. Just cause you're deeply offended by this certain misdemeanor doesn't suddenly make it a felony worthy of stronger punishment.

Apparently you don't understand a good deal more.

Penalties for Misdemeanors in Mississippi

The statute governing each misdemeanor in Mississippi provides the sentence for the crime. Most misdemeanors are punishable by up to six months in jail or a fine between $100 and $500, or both, or by up to one year in jail or a fine up to $1,000, or both. For some crimes, the fines can be higher – as much as $5,000.

Traffic tickets are infractions, not misdemeaners. Infractions are not subject to any jail-time.

A misdemeaner can land your ass in jail for up to 1 year. The punishment differs from felonies in that it maxes out at a year, and one serves it in a county jail rather than a state or federal prison.

And this moral equivalence BS some of you are spouting is absurd. Speeding tickets, TPing houses, etc are NOTHING like assault. Please stop embarrassing yourselves and, by association, our university by continuing to make this particularly lame argument.

If you want to draw comparison to other similar acts, then fine. If you want to debate that it should be no different than if he was in a fight with another person of either gender or size, have at it. But please stop making our fan base look stupid with this, "speeding ticket" crap.

Maroonthirteen
03-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Congratulations, you found the legal definition of a misdemeanor. But let me tell you from knowledge of the legal field, he wont serve a day in jail. Neither do many many many other people charged with fighting everyday.

Sure he should not hit the girl or even been around that situation. But he isn't a criminal in the sense you seem to believe.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 12:23 PM
Congratulations, you found the legal definition of a misdemeanor. But let me tell you from knowledge of the legal field, he wont serve a day in jail. Neither do many many many other people charged with fighting everyday.

Sure he should not hit the girl or even been around that situation. But he isn't a criminal in the sense you seem to believe.

Congratulation on putting words in my mouth. Your condescension is hilarious.

One poster made a moronic statement I countered with fact. Now you run to his defense on it?

I never said or suggested Simmons should go to prison. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he gets probation, or even a week in-the-pokey. I suspect it will be a fine and some hours of community service, assuming he has no previous history with assault.

Make no mistake it is a crime to do what he appears to have done and admitted to. It is called assault. Given the circumstances, I don't think he's going to be sent to jail, but I do think some form of punishment is justified.

I also believe our school should make a statement as well. i have personally stated I think it should involve a significant suspension and mandatory counselling (unless that is required by the court). I would also not fault our school if we did rescind his scholarship. I'll trust in them to do what's right.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Congratulation on putting words in my mouth. Your condescension is hilarious.

One moron made a statement I countered with fact. Now you run to his defense on it?

I never said or suggested Simmons should go to prison. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he gets probation, or even a week in-the-pokey. I suspect it will be a fine and some hours of community service, assuming he has no previous history with assault.

Make no mistake it is a crime to do what he appears to have done and admitted to. It is called assault. Given the circumstances, I don't think he's going to be sent to jail, but I do think some form of punishment is justified.

I also believe our school should make a statement as well. i have personally stated I think it should involve a significant suspension and mandatory counselling (unless that is required by the court). I would also not fault our school if we did rescind his scholarship. I'll leave it up to them to do what's right.

BlacklistedBEAR

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 12:53 PM
BlacklistedBEAR

More irony. I have suspected from the beginning you are a UNM plant. You post a lot like a Black Bear on Rivals, with a similar fixation on me.

smootness
03-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Our fan base is not much different than any other. Most fan bases are not that different from each other if you compare roughly equal organizations/teams, although there are some exceptions. But why you think that this incident shows that is beyond me. This is an incident that wouldn't get much, if any, press for a non-football player. It is bad and looks bad, but people not wanting to blow it out of proportion simply because he's a football player is not exactly an example of a fanbase going off the rails.

Fred Thomas misses 3's in a game - pull his scholarship
Jeffery Simmons punches a woman lying on the ground - don't dare speak an ill word of him, we are Bulldogs and we support each other

Tell me the difference between the two. I only see one.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Jeffery Simmons punches a woman lying on the ground - don't dare speak an ill word of him, we are Bulldogs and we support each other

Fred Thomas's play was a felony

smootness
03-29-2016, 02:00 PM
Fred Thomas's play was a felony

Thus my point.

tcdog70
03-29-2016, 02:05 PM
More irony. I have suspected from the beginning you are a UNM plant. You post a lot like a Black Bear on Rivals, with a similar fixation on me.

man you've made your point --numerous times. Why can't you just drop it and see what happens. Jeffery Simmons is a good Kid caught up in a bad situation. he will not spend time in Jail, I believe he will be a Bulldog. His High School won't expel Him. What possible good come come out of pulling His scholly? He stood up under pressure and chose MSU. How shitty would it be for MSU to turn their back on Him. Sure , Dan, punish Him in some fashion. Let's take Jeffery out of a bad situation and down the road MSU and their Fans will be glad we stood by Him. I say help any young Man , who has been a solid citizen and good student, that makes 1 foolish mistake. it doesn't matter if he is a walkon or a 5 star.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-29-2016, 02:05 PM

Justin Cox says otherwise....

smootness
03-29-2016, 02:08 PM
man you've made your point --numerous times. Why can't you just drop it and see what happens. Jeffery Simmons is a good Kid caught up in a bad situation. he will not spend time in Jail, I believe he will be a Bulldog. His High School won't expel Him. What possible good come come out of pulling His scholly? He stood up under pressure and chose MSU. How shitty would it be for MSU to turn their back on Him. Sure , Dan, punish Him in some fashion. Let's take Jeffery out of a bad situation and down the road MSU and their Fans will be glad we stood by Him. I say help any young Man , who has been a solid citizen and good student, that makes 1 foolish mistake. it doesn't matter if he is a walkon or a 5 star.

You know if he was a walk-on, the overwhelming response would be, 'Welp, looks like he just screwed himself out of a spot on the team. Good riddance, we don't need that publicity.'

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 02:34 PM

Not seeing much disconnect here. As far as me letting it drop, I've mostly been responding to posts aimed at me, or debating points opposed. Seems we both support appropriate disciplinary action, and we both rely on MSU gathering facts and making the right call.

I'm not railing on Simmons, and will support him if the school decides to let him play. And if he has to go elsewhere, I'll still pray for him to learn a lesson from this and do better going forward. I just don't like it when some of us seem all too eager to make excuses or offer false moral equivalences, particularly since we love to bash UNM about it every chance we get. And I DO love to bash UNM every chance I get.

One of the things I despise about them is the way they take thug-after-thug, proclaiming it is for the most Christian of reasons, and not because they want to win at all or any cost. I don't want my university to act anything like Ole Miss.

smootness
03-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Not seeing much disconnect here. As far as me letting it drop, I've only been responding to posts aimed at me, or debating points opposed. Seems we both support appropriate disciplinary action, adn we both rely on MSU gathering facts and making the right call.

I'm not railing on Simmons, and will support him if the school decides to let him play. And if he has to go elsewhere, I'll still pray for him to learn a lesson from this and do better going forward. I just don't like it when some of us seem all to eager to make excuses or offer false moral equivalences, particularly since we love to bash UNM about it every chance we get. And I DO love to bash UNM every chance I get.

One of the things I despise about them is the way they take thug-after-thug, proclaiming it is for the most Christian of reasons, and not because they want to win at all or any cost. I don't want my university to act anything like Ole Miss.

This is pretty much exactly my point of view as well.

tcdog70
03-29-2016, 03:12 PM
You know if he was a walk-on, the overwhelming response would be, 'Welp, looks like he just screwed himself out of a spot on the team. Good riddance, we don't need that publicity.'

well then that would be wrong. If the walk-on had a 1 time problem and other than that was a Good citizen then I would stand by Him on a misdemeanor charge.

tcdog70
03-29-2016, 03:14 PM
I have a question. What if this happened last year and JS was JR? How many teams do you think would not recruit Him? I'll bet he would have still had plenty of offers.

TrapGame
03-29-2016, 03:16 PM

Walk on means he would already be on campus. Simmons has not graduated from high school yet. If Simmons was actually on campus under Dan's authority then I'd agree with dismissing him from the team. He's not.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 03:21 PM
I have a question. What if this happened last year and JS was JR? How many teams do you think would not recruit Him? I'll bet he would have still had plenty of offers.

Of course he would have plenty of offers, those arrogant delusional pricks up north among them. He'd also have some schools taking a pass.

UNM just signed a kid that had signed with Penn State. Penn State pulled the offer because the recruit was indicted for hazing a freshman teammate by having a few other seniors hold that kid down while he jammed his finger up the kid's ass, then forced that finger into the kid's mouth.

The only reason that recruit is not now a registered sexual offender is because he plead guilty and took a plea-bargain that reduced it from sexual assault.

Good enough for Ole Miss. Does that make him good enough for us?

I'm not saying what Simmons did is as bad, or that Simmons is no better. Rather I am saying, just because other schools will take a recruit, that doesn't mean we should.

tcdog70
03-29-2016, 03:25 PM
Of course he would have plenty of offers, those arrogant delusional pricks up north among them. He'd also have some schools taking a pass.

the only one's that would pass would be the ones that had no chance to sign Him anyway. I'll bet we would recruit Him.

smootness
03-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Walk on means he would already be on campus. Simmons has not graduated from high school yet. If Simmons was actually on campus under Dan's authority then I'd agree with dismissing him from the team. He's not.

That doesn't really make sense. He wouldn't be worthy of a spot on the team if he already had one, but he is because he doesn't?

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 03:35 PM
the only one's that would pass would be the ones that had no chance to sign Him anyway. I'll bet we would recruit Him.

Untrue. I believe there are plenty of schools that wouldn't take him, even if he would jump at the chance. To name a few:

Vandy
Stanford
Michigan
Penn State
Duke
GT
Any of the academies
Any Ivy-league school
A lot of Big 10 schools
Cal
TCU

To name a few. Of course, it's all speculation, and I could be wrong. But if I had to bet, I'd bet the above would not take him, unless his record was otherwise spotless and he had taken his punishment like a man, attended counselling, etc.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Thus my point.

Your point is stupid. People that are talented at anything get treated better than less talented people. Welcome to life.

smootness
03-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Your point is stupid. People that are talented at anything get treated better than less talented people. Welcome to life.

Ok, just want us to be clear that we are supporting him not because of his affiliation with State or because we're ok with what he did, but because he's good at football.

Many don't seem to have gotten the message that we're being open about it, tcdog being one.

And I guess all our grandstanding vs. Ole Miss was just that.

TrapGame
03-29-2016, 03:55 PM
That doesn't really make sense. He wouldn't be worthy of a spot on the team if he already had one, but he is because he doesn't?

Smoot put the damn crack pipe down.

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:05 PM
I just want to be clear that this thread was started so that we could call Ole Miss fans hypocrites because they've had no problem rooting for players with issues in the past and are now on their 'moral high horse' about Simmons...but we've gotten on our 'moral high horse' about Ole Miss having no problem with players with issues in the past...and are now pointing back to them as a defense for us having no problem with Simmons.

So...what is the point of this thread again? So that we could eventually just call ourselves hypocrites?

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 04:06 PM
Ok, just want us to be clear that we are supporting him not because of his affiliation with State or because we're ok with what he did, but because he's good at football.

Many don't seem to have gotten the message that we're being open about it, tcdog being one.

You sound like a sports hating liberal professor right now. You do realize you're on a sports message board right?

Coach34
03-29-2016, 04:12 PM
Scholarship students get treated better than regular students too. People with good credit get treated better than people with bad credit. Good looking people get treated better than ugly people. That's just life.

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:13 PM
You sound like a sports hating liberal professor right now. You do realize you're on a sports message board right?

The heck are you talking about? It's simple logic. If they're hypocrites, then so are we. If you're in agreement with that, that's fine.

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Scholarship students get treated better than regular students too. People with good credit get treated better than people with bad credit. Good looking people get treated better than ugly people. That's just life.

Then just don't ever try to throw it back in Ole Miss' face again.

MSUDawg99
03-29-2016, 04:16 PM

No the **** it wasn't! You're making it something it's not! You're the one willfully misunderstanding. Wow! It most certainly was a fight. You're judging by 15 secs of a phone video & are refusing to see the whole picture. Mind boggling.

tcdog70
03-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Untrue. I believe there are plenty of schools that wouldn't take him, even if he would jump at the chance. To name a few:

Vandy
Stanford
Michigan
Penn State
Duke
GT
Any of the academies
Any Ivy-league school
A lot of Big 10 schools
Cal
TCU

To name a few. Of course, it's all speculation, and I could be wrong. But if I had to bet, I'd bet the above would not take him, unless his record was otherwise spotless and he had taken his punishment like a man, attended counselling, etc.

Duh--like I said He wouldn't go to those schools anyway. TCU?--get real. Like he would go to Duke or Vandy if he was spotless.. I see now why people think you are a Dick.

tcdog70
03-29-2016, 04:25 PM

very seldom do I get your Point. Are you supporting Him or Not? I don't say anything about Ole Miss one way or another. I know Simmons is a good Kid who made a bad decision after seeing his sister getting in a fight--he is 17 and still in highschool.

So how about just let the deal play out--**** Ole Miss.

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 04:26 PM
Then just don't ever try to throw it back in Ole Miss' face again.

Why are you sticking up for Old Misses?

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:29 PM
No the **** it wasn't! You're making it something it's not! You're the one willfully misunderstanding. Wow! It most certainly was a fight. You're judging by 15 secs of a phone video & are refusing to see the whole picture. Mind boggling.

Ok, so a 280-pound guy got in a fight with a girl who was on the ground. If that makes it better in your mind, go for it.

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Why are you sticking up for Old Misses?

Because we look stupid when we call them hypocrites while doing the exact same thing we consider them hypocrites for doing.

Indndawg
03-29-2016, 04:30 PM

"Fans" that want him stripped of his schollie should be excommunicated as MSU fans/alumnus.

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:33 PM
very seldom do I get your Point. Are you supporting Him or Not? I don't say anything about Ole Miss one way or another. I know Simmons is a good Kid who made a bad decision after seeing his sister getting in a fight--he is 17 and still in highschool.

So how about just let the deal play out--**** Ole Miss.

I support Mississippi State. I also support Mississippi State's athletes and coaches as a result. That doesn't mean I won't be honest when I don't like something those athletes or coaches have done. Sometimes it means I think we should separate ourselves from those athletes and coaches.

But there are two things about sports and fans that I can't stand. One is the fact that they're so willing to turn a blind eye to bad behavior in the interest of winning an extra game or two on the field. The other is delusion and the turning of sports rivalry into real-world hatred. Both are highlighted in this case.

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2016, 04:33 PM
I don't know how long you are supposed to let your sister get punched but Simmons did try a couple of times to just pull the girl off of his sister before he punched her. Everyone is hung up on the fact it was a girl beating the shit out of his sister. I guess I believe in equality more than most because I don't care who is beating on my friends and family, I would try to make it stop anyway I could.

I guess Eulls was wrong to tackle that girl on the school bus several years ago. She had a gun but hadn't even shot anyone.

MSUDawg99
03-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Ok, so a 280-pound guy got in a fight with a girl who was on the ground. If that makes it better in your mind, go for it.

Tbone gets it....see his post below that I copied/pasted.

"I don't know how long you are supposed to let your sister get punched but Simmons did try a couple of times to just pull the girl off of his sister before he punched her. Everyone is hung up on the fact it was a girl beating the shit out of his sister. I guess I believe in equality more than most because I don't care who is beating on my friends and family, I would try to make it stop anyway I could.

I guess Eulls was wrong to tackle that girl on the school bus several years ago. She had a gun but hadn't even shot anyone."

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Because we look stupid when we call them hypocrites while doing the exact same thing we consider them hypocrites for doing.

I'm pretty sure you don't even know why you're arguing at this point. Just back outta the thread Smoot. Sometimes you gotta know when to exit.

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:39 PM
I don't know how long you are supposed to let your sister get punched but Simmons did try a couple of times to just pull the girl off of his sister before he punched her. Everyone is hung up on the fact it was a girl beating the shit out of his sister. I guess I believe in equality more than most because I don't care who is beating on my friends and family, I would try to make it stop anyway I could.

I guess Eulls was wrong to tackle that girl on the school bus several years ago. She had a gun but hadn't even shot anyone.

If you honestly believe his punches were in an attempt to get the girl off his sister, then I can't help you.

MSUDawg99
03-29-2016, 04:39 PM

Oh my God. I really don't have the patience for blatant stupidity. I really don't. You're intentionally not wanting to see the whole picture.

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't even know why you're arguing at this point. Just back outta the thread Smoot. Sometimes you gotta know when to exit.

Explain to me how we're not hypocrites if Ole Miss fans are. I'd just like to see a simple explanation of that.

smootness
03-29-2016, 04:40 PM
Oh my God. I really don't have the patience for blatant stupidity. I really don't. You're intentionally not wanting to see the whole picture.

Then give me the whole picture. You're the one who wanted to call it a fight.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Duh--like I said He wouldn't go to those schools anyway. TCU?--get real. Like he would go to Duke or Vandy if he was spotless.. I see now why people think you are a Dick.

Ha! Sure there are people who think I'm a dick, just as there are no doubt people who think you are a dick.

To be sure, there are also people who know I'm a really good guy, especially the ones who know me personally.

Thankfully, I don't need acclamation from people like you on message boards. It's just not that important, plus I think most people of average intellect or better understand that people post things and state opinions on a MB that are often meant to stir debate and/or vent. In other words, MB's give us a platform to say things we might keep to ourselves were we concerned about being proper or polite.

But then, I suspect you are not of average or above intellect. Just about every post you have made, with each being largely discredited seems to indicate that, as does your need to get unnecessarily insulting.

The day I care one bit about what people like you think of me would be a sad, sad day indeed.

Oh, and this is what you said:

So, you have created a fantasy situation in an effort to claim that the only school's that would pass on him, "would be the ones that had no chance to sign Him anyway". But you don't like the reply naming a few that I think would have passed on him under your scenario. So now, you get to decide which schools get to qualify in your fantasy to prove your point?

How convenient.

But for those of us who actually know how to think, the real point you were attempting to make was that any school he might be interested in would have taken him regardless. I called BS, and you didn't like it, thus your feeble little brain came up with the above juvenile reaction.

Grow up, dude.

Coach34
03-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Explain to me how we're not hypocrites if Ole Miss fans are. I'd just like to see a simple explanation of that.

Simmons was helping his family- and let his anger get the best of him in the process. He reacted- he was not the aggressor

Kimchee picked on a frat boy and others helped him beat the kid. There aren't many guys going around threatening SEC DT's at 6'2-285
Stringfellow punched the chick- she wasn't threatening him
The other signee was picking on smaller kids and ramming his finger in their ass
Jamal Mosley was accused of rape. Doesn't mean he did it- but he was accused of being the aggressor

if you can't understand the difference- then You just refuse

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 05:07 PM

This is what blows my mind. Smoot's opinion differs from yours, but is by no means, "blatant stupidity". With a remark like that, you'd better avoid mirrors for a while, because though I disagree with your opinion as well, this post is the one that reeks of stupidity.

Bully13
03-29-2016, 05:12 PM
Simmons was helping his family- and let his anger get the best of him in the process. He reacted- he was not the aggressor

Kimchee picked on a frat boy and others helped him beat the kid. There aren't many guys going around threatening SEC DT's at 6'2-285
The other signee was picking on smaller kids and ramming his finger in their ass
Jamal Mosley was accused of rape. Doesn't mean he did it- but he was accused of being the aggressor

This

MedDawg
03-29-2016, 05:13 PM

Did you see the long version of the video? That's not what happened at all.

The victim (it doesn't bother me to use the word victim, that's what every media source is going to call her) hit Simmons' sister first, the two girls were fighting for about 30 seconds, the victim was pulling Simmons' sister's hair, and then the victim was on top of Simmons' sister hitting her.

THEN Simmons came up, pulled the girl off his sister, hit her, and then got up and walked away. The victim got up right away and appeared to not be hurt at all.

Simmons shouldn't have hit her, but so many seem to not know what happened right before it.

I can't believe that WCBI used the edited version if they had the whole thing. That's really bad.

Dawgology
03-29-2016, 05:18 PM

I'm confused how this is showing MSU football or its fans are hypocrites when major offenses are met with swift and decisive response by Mullen. This instance it's not because there is, simply, not much to it. I'm not sure why this guy keeps referring back to Ole Miss though. If this was a player from any other football team I would be saying the exact same thing. Simmons made a poor choice by throwing a punch regardless of gender but I do understand the situation he was in and how emotions (especially involving family) can run high and tempers flare. It's important to me that all parties were charged here. This is a big clue regarding what actually went down.

Yet several on here want to compare this to rape, drug, and burglary charges that other universities are dealing with. I don't understand that. What we have here is someone who has argued their point to a place where pride won't let them back out or they are, in fact, a fan of another team simply trying to troll us.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 05:22 PM

Coach34, I don't think Smootness is incapable of seeing the difference. To be sure, I'm not. I think he shares my opinion that it was a pretty bad thing Simmons did, deserving of punishment, at least based on what we have seen and what Simmons himself has admitted.

I think the heartburn here is from some on here wanting to downplay this way too much, clearly because they really, really want a 5-star recruit to play for MSU. And yes, that is a very Ole Miss thing to do. All you're talking about is the degree. UNM had/has guys who have done worse and/or more bad things, and those players no doubt deserve more heat than Simmons is getting.

But Simmons does deserve something more than a slap on the wrist, unless there were extenuating circumstances. As his own confession does not mention any that would seem to justify what he did, there are reasonable people who are taking the stand that our university should make a statement that shows we are not like Ole Miss, looking for any excuse to disregard bad behavior in order to get a stud football player on our team.

Both Smoot and I have indicated we trust our administration to gather facts and make a decision that reflects our values as an institution. We have both also said, in our personal opinions, that it should probably include at least a lengthy suspension and counseling.

How others on this board can get so upset by that opinion that they can't even respect it as a viable opinion, just one they don't agree with is beyond me. No, instead they choose to get insulting, and accuse those who disagree as being, "stupid", etc. Those are the posters, IMO who are especially stupid, in addition to being intolerant and close-minded.

Good people can respectfully disagree. Ignorant assholes are the one who can't seem to accept that there are other thoughtful people who just don't share their opinion.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm confused how this is showing MSU football or its fans are hypocrites when major offenses are met with swift and decisive response by Mullen. This instance it's not because there is, simply, not much to it. I'm not sure why this guy keeps referring back to Ole Miss though. If this was a player from any other football team I would be saying the exact same thing. Simmons made a poor choice by throwing a punch regardless of gender but I do understand the situation he was in and how emotions (especially involving family) can run high and tempers flare. It's important to me that all parties were charged here. This is a big clue regarding what actually went down.

Yet several on here want to compare this to rape, drug, and burglary charges that other universities are dealing with. I don't understand that. What we have here is someone who has argued their point to a place where pride won't let them back out or they are, in fact, a fan of another team simply trying to troll us.

As far as I know neither Smoot nor I have made this equivocation, rather we have railed at those who have, in fact compared it to, "getting a speeding ticket" or, "TPing a house'.

Let's be clear on this. It is not a, rape, drug, and burglary charge, but it is an assault charge, and it was perpetrated on a girl less-than half-his-size, and he did hit her multiple times while she was on-the-ground.

Unless it is shown that he really needed to do that to protect his family, then it is a pretty bad thing to do. Nothing I saw in his confession gives me cause to think he did it for any reason other than he was upset that the girl said disparaging things about his dead nephews. That's just not good enough a reason.

If we can agree that what he did was pretty bad, are we not then just arguing about what an appropriate reaction would be from our university? Certainly we need to take into account all the facts, including whether or not this is an isolated instance, or if he was truly just trying to defend his family from physical abuse ( and just went way overboard).

Now, please tell me your thoughts on some actual comments that were made here about this being no worse than a speeding ticket or TPing a house. Do you believe that?

Dawg61
03-29-2016, 06:06 PM
Welcome to BlacklistedBEAR's novel you're currently on page 7. If you'd like to return to the Mississippi State sports site please hit your back button or EliteDawgs link now.

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2016, 06:16 PM
If you honestly believe his punches were in an attempt to get the girl off his sister, then I can't help you.

Did you watch the whole video or just the clip of him punching? He grabbed her around the waist and tried to drag her off twice. I guess he could have put her in a choke hold instead of punching.

smootness
03-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Did you watch the whole video or just the clip of him punching? He grabbed her around the waist and tried to drag her off twice. I guess he could have put her in a choke hold instead of punching.

Yes, he did do this. He also punched her while she was on the ground and his sister was standing.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Welcome to BlacklistedBEAR's novel you're currently on page 7. If you'd like to return to the Mississippi State sports site please hit your back button or EliteDawgs link now.

Welcome to BearDawg61, where a lack of brain power leads to short, unimaginative insults due to his inability to carry on an intelligent debate.

tcdog70
03-29-2016, 07:53 PM
Ha! Sure there are people who think I'm a dick, just as there are no doubt people who think you are a dick.

To be sure, there are also people who know I'm a really good guy, especially the ones who know me personally.

Thankfully, I don't need acclamation from people like you on message boards. It's just not that important, plus I think most people of average intellect or better understand that people post things and state opinions on a MB that are often meant to stir debate and/or vent. In other words, MB's give us a platform to say things we might keep to ourselves were we concerned about being proper or polite.

But then, I suspect you are not of average or above intellect. Just about every post you have made, with each being largely discredited seems to indicate that, as does your need to get unnecessarily insulting.

The day I care one bit about what people like you think of me would be a sad, sad day indeed.

Oh, and this is what you said:

So, you have created a fantasy situation in an effort to claim that the only school's that would pass on him, "would be the ones that had no chance to sign Him anyway". But you don't like the reply naming a few that I think would have passed on him under your scenario. So now, you get to decide which schools get to qualify in your fantasy to prove your point?

How convenient.

But for those of us who actually know how to think, the real point you were attempting to make was that any school he might be interested in would have taken him regardless. I called BS, and you didn't like it, thus your feeble little brain came up with the above juvenile reaction.

Grow up, dude.

Ha, Dude-- nice. You might ought to try and get some help. I haven't insulted you, but I have seen that people on this board think you are an idiot. All I said is , I can now understand their position. You are just what is know as a contra, You like to argue against the Norm to try and prove to Us how brilliant a thinker you are. That Stupid list of Schools, actually showed you have no concept of grasping the point. None of those Schools would ever have a chance to sign JS. Now if you had named Alabama , LSU, Fla St or Ole Miss then you would have been on Point.

Sorry you got your feeling hurt. You probably are a good Guy. So in saying that-- seeYa-- I'm going to Grow up.

blacklistedbully
03-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Ha, Dude-- nice. You might ought to try and get some help. I haven't insulted you, but I have seen that people on this board think you are an idiot. All I said is , I can now understand their position. You are just what is know as a contra, You like to argue against the Norm to try and prove to Us how brilliant a thinker you are. That Stupid list of Schools, actually showed you have no concept of grasping the point. None of those Schools would ever have a chance to sign JS. Now if you had named Alabama , LSU, Fla St or Ole Miss then you would have been on Point.

Sorry you got your feeling hurt. You probably are a good Guy. So in saying that-- seeYa-- I'm going to Grow up.

I don't dispute there are others on here that likely agree with your opinion on me. I think there is little, if any doubt you are an imbecile.

You want to call me a, "contra". I suspect what you meant was a, "contrarian". I know, probably too big a word for you. I understand.

Unfortunately for you, it simply doesn't apply to me. Though I am not at all afraid to stand by my position or beliefs despite what others think, I don't actively seek them out, as you suggest. Let's take this thread as an example. By my count, there are at least 5 posters in this thread who share my view. There are a few more I saw on another thread.

It's easy enough to look at my history of posts to see I am not a contrarian. Also, I don't post here to, "prove to you how brilliant a thinker I am". I could not care less what you think, as I don't value your opinion. I'd have to respect you to value your opinion. In fact, I suppose I feel sorry for you, as it seems obvious you have an inferiority complex. If you take from this thread that my posts smack of, "brilliance proving" then it strongly suggests you think my posts are, and it really bothers you. Adn I'm just not interested in, "dumbing it down" so you can feel less inadequate.

So, what was it that really got you going? My asserting the absurdity of claiming assault is no worse than TPing?

Look, if you want to be taken seriously, start acting more like an adult than a pissed-off adolescent, resentful that daddy want let you borrow the car.

Coach34
03-29-2016, 08:30 PM
everybody needs a little Tito's and a night's sleep. Too much personal shit and not enough point making. Time out