PDA

View Full Version : When sports become more important than right or wrong

Coach007
03-27-2016, 10:02 PM
I'm sick of seeing players get away with things for the sake of the need of fans to field a better team! Everybody here hated to see Winston on the field. I read your posts.

What are we teaching?

chef dixon
03-27-2016, 10:06 PM
I have no idea how you've lasted over 2 years

Dawg61
03-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Ok bud lets kill a high school senior over four seconds of really poor judgment? I'm sure you've never acted out of emotion in your life too. Certainly never before you've fully matured yourself. Simmons will do his punishment and grow from this. Doubtful that female hippo even presses charges so what are you wanting to destroy his future over again?

Coach007
03-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Ok bud lets kill a high school senior over four seconds of really poor judgment? I'm sure you've never acted out of emotion in your life too. Certainly never before you've fully matured yourself. Simmons will do his punishment and grow from this. Doubtful that female hippo even presses charges so what are you wanting to destroy his future over again?

Who said kill? Only you.

Have we now reached the point that the victim is now the issue here. Why are you demeaning her even more by calling her a hippo?

Dawg62
03-27-2016, 10:32 PM
Who said kill? Only you.

Have we now reached the point that the victim is now the issue here. Why are you demeaning her even more by calling her a hippo?

Do you have the full facts and full video? We're being worse than ****ing Brackey. Again we are our own worst enemy.

"Sit down in front in trying to watch the game" - You.

This topic is poison. Media blackout of Simmons needs to be enacted across the maroon and white faithful.

Coach007
03-27-2016, 10:36 PM
The only fact I need is seeing a grown SEC player hitting a woman repeatedly on the ground while another woman is hitting her too. There is no excuse for that.

And it's more than troubling to see MSU fans be OK with it.

bulldawg28
03-27-2016, 10:37 PM
He's not even a MSU athlete. It's not Mullen's responsibility to do anything. This isn't the NFL.

Dawg61
03-27-2016, 10:38 PM
Who said kill? Only you.

Victim my ass. Don't want to get embarrassed then keep dead family members out your mouth.

Coach007
03-27-2016, 10:38 PM
Do you have the full facts and full video? We're being worse than ****ing Brackey. Again we are our own worst enemy.

This topic is poison. Media blackout of Simmons needs to be enacted across the maroon and white faithful.

Ah!! Let's bury it. Sorta like with Winston? Hey... Let's even get the PD envolved with it to. Would hate to lose a game over this MINOR thing like beating up a woman on the ground!

Dawg61
03-27-2016, 10:41 PM
The only fact I need is seeing a grown SEC player hitting a woman repeatedly on the ground while another woman is hitting her too. There is no excuse for that.

And it's more than troubling to see MSU fans be OK with it.

When you speak poorly of dead family members in front of their family you get whatever is coming to you. Woman man cactus whatever. Don't speak poorly of the dead around their loved ones because something like this is exactly what will happen.

Dawg61
03-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Ah!! Let's bury it. Sorta like with Winston? Hey... Let's even get the PD envolved with it to. Would hate to lose a game over this MINOR thing like beating up a woman on the ground!

You sound like a Bear. Someone check this dudes I.P. address please.

Apoplectic
03-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Has she pressed charges? What happened before? Did she pull a knife on the other girl? Why confict yet?

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2016, 10:47 PM
I trust Mullen to get all the information and handle it the best way for the university and the kid who has never had any issues of any kind.

mic
03-27-2016, 10:52 PM
Far worse has happened in Oxford and been swept under the rug without even being discussed ..

Coach34
03-27-2016, 11:00 PM
Kimchee put a person in the hospital for awhile- barely saw a thing about it.
Freezus just signed a player that got in trouble for sticking his finger in other player's butthole- but thats ok too
Jamal Mosely was accused of rape- transferred right in and played at OM
Damore Stringfellow knocked a chick out and was accused of assault- transferred to OM
Chad Kelly threatened to kill people at a Club as well as police officers. Chad Kelly had to be physically removed by campus police from the football facility by Dabo Sweeney. Football Coaches couldnt handle his outrage and called for help.

Simmons made a poor judgement. The woman he hit got up and walked away from the ordeal- and was out in da Club the next night. Thats a fact. Everybody's faux outrage over a some bad judgement that didnt really hurt anyone is way overblown.

PassInterference
03-27-2016, 11:02 PM
The only fact I need is seeing a grown SEC player hitting a woman repeatedly on the ground while another woman is hitting her too.

Who is this SEC player you speak of?

bobcat91
03-27-2016, 11:12 PM
EliteDawg Enforcer, spring break is over. Do your job.

Original48
03-28-2016, 12:02 AM

^^I'm Team This Guy^^

raymond21
03-28-2016, 05:35 AM
Comparing Winston and this incident is insane. This one is 17 years of age and I will be surprised if charges are even filed. Have you spent any time in Macon, Jackson, West Point, Greenville , Greenwood or Batesville around HS kids, this behavior is a norm. Sad but true. Don't confict the young man without knowing ALL the facts. I can quarentee you, it's the last trouble this fellow will get in. He is a very polite and well raised young man, he screwed up and is very remorseful. Let it play out and not here or social media. We have some idiots as fans

Coach34
03-28-2016, 07:24 AM
Rumor is that all involved are going to be charged with disturbing the peace

Dawgface
03-28-2016, 07:41 AM
I'm sick of seeing players get away with things for the sake of the need of fans to field a better team! Everybody here hated to see Winston on the field. I read your posts.

What are we teaching?

Coach..... you speak the truth. Although we don't know all the facts in this case, there really is no excuse for beating a woman on the ground. Many fans will put winning ahead of good values. Everyone else have these types so to compete we need too as well. I've pretty much written off all pro sports for this and other reasons........college sports are not far behind for me.

Dawg62
03-28-2016, 07:45 AM
disturbing the peace

Oh no let's never let him play at MSU he disturbed the peaceful village of Macon MS thats gotta be at least a stint in Parchman*********

Taog Redloh
03-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Oh no let's never let him play at MSU he disturbed the peaceful village of Macon MS thats gotta be at least a stint in Parchman*********

The white knight sheep see the words "hit a woman" then completely freak out like this was a random unprovoked attack. Feminism = all the best parts of being male and female, without the responsibility.

woozman
03-28-2016, 08:15 AM
You sound like a Bear. Someone check this dudes I.P. address please.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?41055-Another-black-bear-poster-(claiming-to-be-here)-suspended-from-Rivals&highlight=woozman

Scroll down to my post in this thread. Interesting that Coach also has "over 1,200 posts"...

Johnson85
03-28-2016, 08:39 AM
I'm sick of seeing players get away with things for the sake of the need of fans to field a better team!

So he should be kept out of college because he was going to be a football player? Because I'm thinking if a normal high school student that had applied to and been accepted to state was involved with this, there wouldn't be any repercussion from the school absent a felony conviction. Not sure though.

People have definitely gone bat shit crazy over this story though. It's bad that it happened, but I think you can tell what sort of bubble some people live in on this board. Unfortunately, there are a lot of schools in the state where girls fighting is not abnormal. Still awful for a guy to get involved, but you can understand why maybe the "don't hit a girl" life lesson doesn't sink in quite as well with people that regularly see girls get in physical fights. He's going to face some consequences and should, but they're probably not going to be ruin your life type consequences and they probably shouldn't be depending on what comes out about the situation and his prior actions.

BulldogBear
03-28-2016, 08:53 AM
He's not even a student at State yet. He's owned up to the mistake. Let the law deal with it. Concerning MSU it's a PR issue but doesn't really go beyond that. Pull scholarship? Bah

And GTHOM for good measure!

Coach34
03-28-2016, 08:58 AM
People have definitely gone bat shit crazy over this story though. It's bad that it happened, but I think you can tell what sort of bubble some people live in on this board. Unfortunately, there are a lot of schools in the state where girls fighting is not abnormal. Still awful for a guy to get involved, but you can understand why maybe the "don't hit a girl" life lesson doesn't sink in quite as well with people that regularly see girls get in physical fights. .

You make a great point here that I probably havent conveyed very well to our readers and especially my faithful Bearshark readers:

As someone that coached for 7 years in schools that were predominantly black- seeing girls fight became somewhat normal. It's something that happened regularly. The girls fought girls as well as boys. I've seen 2 girls pick up a 10th grade football player in the cafeteria and slam him on the table- then commence to punching him repeatedly. Too many people live in their bubble of "you dont hit girls" have never had this happen to them or seen it happen. I can assure you- sometimes these girls dont give guys a damn choice. There are alot girls and women out there that will put a complete asswhoopin on ya.

Simmons made a mistake- and its being handled. But let's also remember- we wouldnt stop a regular student from entering State for the same thing.

DancingRabbit
03-28-2016, 09:00 AM

What are we teaching?

Players enjoy some benefits but there are negatives too. If he wasn't a D1 signee nobody would have heard of it.

I'm confident Dan will handle this appropriately. There's no need for MSU fans to stoke this fire.

Political Hack
03-28-2016, 09:18 AM
The white knight sheep see the words "hit a woman" then completely freak out like this was a random unprovoked attack. Feminism = all the best parts of being male and female, without the responsibility.

This "responsibility" you speak of includes taking a beating from a man and women at the same time?

maroonmania
03-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Freezus just signed a player that got in trouble for sticking his finger in other player's butthole- but thats ok too
Damore Stringfellow knocked a chick out and was accused of assault- transferred to OM
Chad Kelly threatened to kill people at a Club as well as police officers. Chad Kelly had to be physically removed by campus police from the football facility by Dabo Sweeney. Football Coaches couldnt handle his outrage and called for help.

Simmons made a poor judgement. The woman he hit got up and walked away from the ordeal- and was out in da Club the next night. Thats a fact. Everybody's faux outrage over a some bad judgement that didnt really hurt anyone is way overblown.

Well, I certainly don't want to use our friends to the North as to the model on how to handle these situations as they are no doubt the biggest "win at any cost" program in the country at the current time with their rogue recruiting and overlooking any kind of horrible behavior by their players (or prospective transfers) in the name of "rehabilitation" and "redemption". However, I personally don't know all that led up to what Simmons did and apparently this is very out of character for him so I will be shocked if he is not on our team this Fall but on a very short leash. I mean as far as I know the girl he hit did not have to go to the hospital and no charges have been filed as of yet so we just need to trust our coaches to handle this in the right way.

Joe Schmedlap
03-28-2016, 10:16 AM
If it were my daughter who was punched by the guy, I'd want the guy to spend a month in jail. Playing football is secondary. No 270lb guy needs to be punching a girl, even a so-called hippo. It's disgusting. It's inexcusable. It deserves jail time.

Coach34
03-28-2016, 10:25 AM
If it were my daughter who was punched by the guy, I'd want the guy to spend a month in jail. Playing football is secondary. No 270lb guy needs to be punching a girl, even a so-called hippo. It's disgusting. It's inexcusable. It deserves jail time.

But to my point- your daughter most likely didnt grow up in a poor small town where fighting is something that is routine- not a surprise. Your daughter- after being hit like that- most likely wouldnt have been out at the Club the next night dancing and partying. Your daughter has zero to do with that situation.

Simmons was wrong- but blowing it out of proportion doesnt help things. Its a wayyyy much bigger deal on here and in social media than it is in Shuqualak. It's just Monday there and people are going on about their business.

smootness
03-28-2016, 10:30 AM
Well, I certainly don't want to use our friends to the North as to the model on how to handle these situations as they are no doubt the biggest "win at any cost" program in the country at the current time with their rogue recruiting and overlooking any kind of horrible behavior by their players (or prospective transfers) in the name of "rehabilitation" and "redemption". However, I personally don't know all that led up to what Simmons did and apparently this is very out of character for him so I will be shocked if he is not on our team this Fall but on a very short leash. I mean as far as I know the girl he hit did not have to go to the hospital and no charges have been filed as of yet so we just need to trust our coaches to handle this in the right way.

This is what I don't understand. We like to talk about how often they sweep things under the rug and insinuate that we're better, but then when it happens to us, our response is, 'They do it too." Well, yes, they do, but weren't we trying to separate ourselves?

I'm not saying Simmons shouldn't be allowed on the team. I've said that should be up to the school and Mullen and I'm fine with whatever they decide. But why can we not just say that this was a big mistake and is not ok? It's not that hard.

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 11:14 AM
If it was my daughter? Shit what if the dead nephews were your dead kids and someone was speaking badly about them directly to your face? Are you going to drive your fist through their yapping mouth? You're god damn right you are and so is everyone else on this board not currently wearing liberal panties.

QuadrupleOption
03-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Simmons was wrong, knows he was wrong, and has stated that he was wrong.

So, I think we as fans need to let the police handle it and wait to see what they do (probably not much of anything).

If he comes here to play then he needs to be told exactly what the expectations are of someone who wears the maroon and white, and we need to move on. If he gets pulled over for DUI, or beats up a girlfriend, or puts his finger in someone's butt, or rapes someone, or threatens to shoot up a bar, or gets high and falls out of a hotel window then he will have used up his last chance and we can cut him loose.

thf24
03-28-2016, 11:36 AM
Take the moral high road if you want, but don't complain when the other guys who do consider sports more important than right or wrong beat you. Not saying that makes it ok, but that's just how it is.

WesternSkyDawg
03-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Simmons was wrong, knows he was wrong, and has stated that he was wrong.

So, I think we as fans need to let the police handle it and wait to see what they do (probably not much of anything).

If he comes here to play then he needs to be told exactly what the expectations are of someone who wears the maroon and white, and we need to move on. If he gets pulled over for DUI, or beats up a girlfriend, or puts his finger in someone's butt, or rapes someone, or threatens to shoot up a bar, or gets high and falls out of a hotel window then he will have used up his last chance and we can cut him loose.

/\ Sanity /\

smootness
03-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Take the moral high road if you want, but don't complain when the other guys who do consider sports more important than right or wrong beat you. Not saying that makes it ok, but that's just how it is.

Uh...

maroonmania
03-28-2016, 11:44 AM
This is what I don't understand. We like to talk about how often they sweep things under the rug and insinuate that we're better, but then when it happens to us, our response is, 'They do it too." Well, yes, they do, but weren't we trying to separate ourselves?

I'm not saying Simmons shouldn't be allowed on the team. I've said that should be up to the school and Mullen and I'm fine with whatever they decide. But why can we not just say that this was a big mistake and is not ok? It's not that hard.

Who has said it wasn't a big mistake or has said it was OK? Are you reading the same message boards I am? If this was a pattern of behavior for Simmons I wouldn't want to cut him any slack but it appears this was an isolated incident in a bad situation. Mullen in conjunction with the athletic administration are the ones who will decide how to handle this though, not the fans on social media.

smootness
03-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Who has said it wasn't a big mistake or has said it was OK? Are you reading the same message boards I am? If this was a pattern of behavior for Simmons I wouldn't want to cut him any slack but it appears this was an isolated incident in a bad situation. Mullen in conjunction with the athletic administration are the ones who will decide how to handle this though, not the fans on social media.

Obviously. But that doesn't mean our fans' responses in some cases haven't been embarrassing.

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Obviously. But that doesn't mean our fans' responses in some cases haven't been embarrassing.

You continue to gloss over the fact the woman getting punched in the face had just recently spoke shit about dead loved ones to their grieving family members faces. So basically a woman can literally say anything at all to someone and never face the repercussions of a fist making contact with her free to say anything mouth? Damn maybe Bruce Jenner is on to something here. Get woman of the year and become free to say anything to anyone at anytime and never face repercussions for it.

smootness
03-28-2016, 12:01 PM
You continue to gloss over the fact the woman getting punched in the face had just recently spoke shit about dead loved ones to their grieving family members faces. So basically a woman can literally say anything at all to someone and never face the repercussions of a fist making contact with her free to say anything mouth? Damn maybe Bruce Jenner is on to something here. Get woman of the year and become free to say anything to anyone at anytime and never face repercussions for it.

I'm not glossing over that fact, it just doesn't have much bearing on the response. Of course that's an awful thing to do. If she was a Mississippi State recruit, I'd be discussing her role more, she certainly played a role in what happened, assuming what Simmons said is true.

But that in no way excuses a man for punching a woman. It just doesn't. I'm sorry if you disagree, but 98% of human beings don't.

Jarius
03-28-2016, 12:04 PM

You can't say anything you want without repercussions, but you should not have to worry about a 280 pound athlete beating the shit out of you under any circumstances (unless you are threatening him with a weapon or something similar) if you are a female. It's just not acceptable. I will support whatever our administration decides to do because we have shown in the past that we handle these situations well (there haven't been many to deal with which is a compliment).

PassInterference
03-28-2016, 12:09 PM
The Nkemdiche brothers beat up a guy so bad, it sent him to the hospital where he stayed considerable time for treatment. The Nkemdiches were sued for $2,000,000 each over the incident. The Nkemdiches missed no games over this, nor any games over being photographed doing illegal drugs.

Ole Miss signed and played Masoli from Oregon after he was kicked out of school for stealing a TV.

Ole Miss recruited (signed? I don't follow OM crootin) a former Penn State player who sexually assaulted his teammates.

Ole Miss recruited a Michigan State player who was accused of battery in improperly touching a female, and had charges of criminal mischief, defacing property, and resisting arrest.

The crown jewel of Ole Miss basketball a few years ago had a cocaine problem.

Ole Miss signed a QB after he was arrested for getting in a bar fight and threatening gun violence.

There's more, but it doesn't stop at players. Ole Miss has a DL coach with a criminal past as well.

So...any Ole Miss folks bugging you folks should disqualified from any conversation about Simmons.

Jarius
03-28-2016, 12:13 PM
The Nkemdiche brothers beat up a guy so bad, it sent him to the hospital where he stayed considerable time for treatment. The Nkemdiches were sued for $2,000,000 each over the incident. The Nkemdiches missed no games over this, nor any games over being photographed doing illegal drugs.

Ole Miss signed and played Masoli from Oregon after he was kicked out of school for stealing a TV.

Ole Miss recruited (signed? I don't follow OM crootin) a former Penn State player who sexually assaulted his teammates.

Ole Miss recruited a Michigan State player who was accused of battery in improperly touching a female, and had charges of criminal mischief, defacing property, and resisting arrest.

The crown jewel of Ole Miss basketball a few years ago had a cocaine problem.

Ole Miss signed a QB after he was arrested for getting in a bar fight and threatening gun violence.

There's more, but it doesn't stop at players. Ole Miss has a DL coach with a criminal past as well.

So...any Ole Miss folks bugging you folks should disqualified from any conversation about Simmons.

Ole Miss people are the last ones that need to say anything about this situation. They literally just signed a guy that puts his finger up other guys asses.

maroonmania
03-28-2016, 12:15 PM

Apparently, as long as it was another guy, you can beat them to within an inch of their life and nobody cares. Especially if no one has video rolling.

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 12:16 PM
You can't say anything you want without repercussions, but you should not have to worry about a 280 pound athlete beating the shit out of you under any circumstances (unless you are threatening him with a weapon or something similar) if you are a female. It's just not acceptable. I will support whatever our administration decides to do because we have shown in the past that we handle these situations well (there haven't been many to deal with which is a compliment).

Why would or should a woman feel they have the guaranteed safety of knowing a much larger human won't attack her if she says evil shit straight to their face? Because they are born with a vag*na they magically get some protection from being a dumbass? Would you mess with a bear cub in front of the grown momma bear? No. You wouldn't. You also wouldn't talk shit to a 280lb man about his recently deceased family members. When did having a vag*na give you free reign on doing dumb stupid shit? It's an old-school sexist mentality to continue to allow woman to think they are born with freedom to say dumb shit to giant humans.

BeardoMSU
03-28-2016, 12:42 PM
about his recently deceased family members.

I know there are always two sides to every story, and this is Jeffrey's (and it could very well be 100% accurate), but how it is being taken as gospel is interesting to me, and definitely what I was trying to get across in the locked thread.

Didn't 99% of the posters here viciously rip apart all the OM fans who "so blindly" supported Tunsil after his altercation, not to mention Freeze after saying "he was proud of Laremy for protecting his mother"? I know I did. I didn't buy it then; don't today....But now, that it is one of our guys (a 5* DE, no less) in the spotlight, such blind faith/support is perfectly acceptable? Are our fans incapable of seeing the hypocrisy here? It's also funny there is another thread discussing this topic, and it is titled "hypocrites".

Coach34
03-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Ole Miss people are the last ones that need to say anything about this situation. They literally just signed a guy that puts his finger up other guys asses.

Yeah- I had no idea about this until a couple of days ago. That had to be an extremely awkward recruitment. But he should fit in well in Oxford

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 12:50 PM
I know there are always two sides to every story, and this is Jeffrey's (and it could very well be 100% accurate), but how it is being taken as gospel is interesting to me, and definitely what I was trying to get across in the locked thread.

Didn't 99% of the posters here viciously rip apart all the OM fans who "so blindly" supported Tunsil after his altercation, not to mention Freeze after saying "he was proud of Laremy for protecting his mother"? I know I did. I didn't buy it then; don't today....But now, that it is one of our guys (a 5* DE, no less) in the spotlight, such blind faith/support is perfectly acceptable? Are our fans incapable of seeing the hypocrisy here? It's also funny there is another thread discussing this topic, and it is titled "hypocrites".

Until I'm given proof otherwise I am always taking my MSU blood's side over some random. I'd do it for you too.

Coach34
03-28-2016, 12:53 PM

What you are missing is that the fight did not start with Jeffrey Simmons- it was with his Mother/sister. That's been documented as fact. So his story of helping them is pretty widely accepted as fact. And he was wrong in hitting the woman while she was down. That is also fact

BeardoMSU
03-28-2016, 01:09 PM
So his story of helping them is pretty widely accepted as fact. And he was wrong in hitting the woman while she was down. That is also fact

I know, I saw both of those things happen in the video. However, the common sentiment here is that 1)Jeffrey was just reacting to bad words directed at dead family members, and 2)its not OK to hit woman, but understandable, per se, if said woman is enticing you.

To me, it seems the circumstance of her already being on her back when he threw a barrage of punches at her is being extremely under-emphasized here. He didn't just slap her once.

Not to mention, but I'm sorry....having "bad words" thrown at you doesn't give anyone a right to lay their hands on another person. I know its difficult, and some people, more than others, are prone to fits of rage and retribution, but still....I don't think someone has the right to react that way, anymore than I think someone has the right to blow me up if I chose to draw a cartoon of Mohammad wearing lingerie and sportin' a gag-ball.

I suppose someone can react anyway they want when met with vile words, but you'll also likely have to deal with the assault charge.

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 01:13 PM
I know, I saw both of those things happen in the video. However, the common sentiment here is that 1)Jeffrey was just reacting to bad words directed at dead family members, and 2)its not OK to hit woman, but understandable, per se, if said woman is enticing you.

To me, it seems the circumstance of her already being on her back when he threw a barrage of punches at her is being extremely under-emphasized here. He didn't just slap her once.

Not to mention, but I'm sorry....having "bad words" thrown at you doesn't give anyone a right to lay their hands on another person. I know its difficult, and some people, more than others, are prone to fits of rage and retribution, but still....I don't think someone has the right to react that way, anymore than I think someone has the right to blow me up if I chose to draw a cartoon of Mohammad wearing lingerie and sportin' a gag-ball.

I suppose someone can react anyway they want when met with vile words, but you'll also likely have to deal with the assault charge.

Who is saying Simmons shouldn't face any discipline at all for it? You're just adding logs to the fire for no reason at this point.

HSVDawg
03-28-2016, 01:14 PM

Yeah, because looking the other way on videos of players assaulting women is the only thing separating us from beating Alabama every year. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

I'm not supporting or condemning Simmons having a future with us as that's up to the coaches. But this ridiculous argument that other schools win because they don't let this type of stuff get in the way of landing a guy has got to stop. Look at the rosters of pretty much any Top 5 or Top 10 team from recent years and you will find dozens of 4 and 5 star players that have never been in trouble with the law.

Jarius
03-28-2016, 01:35 PM
Why would or should a woman feel they have the guaranteed safety of knowing a much larger human won't attack her if she says evil shit straight to their face? Because they are born with a vag*na they magically get some protection from being a dumbass? Would you mess with a bear cub in front of the grown momma bear? No. You wouldn't. You also wouldn't talk shit to a 280lb man about his recently deceased family members. When did having a vag*na give you free reign on doing dumb stupid shit? It's an old-school sexist mentality to continue to allow woman to think they are born with freedom to say dumb shit to giant humans.

Well I don't really think anyone should be beating anyone's ass over a verbal altercation but it is especially worse in my eyes when it is someone who is obviously severely overmatched. I understand your points, and the idiot who was running her mouth deserves consequences, just not the type she got. No one deserves that over something that they say to someone. Also, I'm about as right wing as anyone on this board and probably let agree with you on most other social issues.

thf24
03-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Yeah, because looking the other way on videos of players assaulting women is the only thing separating us from beating Alabama every year. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

I'm not supporting or condemning Simmons having a future with us as that's up to the coaches. But this ridiculous argument that other schools win because they don't let this type of stuff get in the way of landing a guy has got to stop. Look at the rosters of pretty much any Top 5 or Top 10 team from recent years and you will find dozens of 4 and 5 star players that have never been in trouble with the law.

You missed the point.

BayouDawg
03-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Jeff tried separating the two women a couple times before he lost his cool and threw the punches. He shouldn't have lost his temper and punched the woman, but if someone is beating on my wife/sister/daughter you best believe I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get that person off whether they're female or not I'm not excusing what Jeff did, but how would you like for people to be making judgments about you based off of a 2 minute video in an emotionally escalating event when you were in high school. It wouldn't be fair would it?

Dawg62
03-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Who is saying Simmons shouldn't face any discipline at all for it? You're just adding logs to the fire for no reason at this point.

Exactly. The clowns are the ones saying cut him.

Coach34
03-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Jeff tried separating the two women a couple times before he lost his cool and threw the punches. He shouldn't have lost his temper and punched the woman, but if someone is beating on my wife/sister/daughter you best believe I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get that person off whether they're female or not I'm not excusing what Jeff did, but how would you like for people to be making judgments about you based off of a 2 minute video in an emotionally escalating event when you were in high school. It wouldn't be fair would it?

The woman he hit assaulted his family. This will be a non-issue in 2 weeks

BayouDawg
03-28-2016, 01:53 PM
The woman he hit assaulted his family. This will be a non-issue in 2 weeks

Exactly. i just wish some of our fans would leave it alone

Coach007
03-28-2016, 02:01 PM

Unprovoked or not. It was a grown man beating a woman on the ground. This isn't him knocking her to the ground over a reaction to being hit.. this is him beating her on the ground... repeatedly. So your argument is moot.

Political Hack
03-28-2016, 02:05 PM
Unprovoked or not. It was a grown man beating a woman on the ground. This isn't him knocking her to the ground over a reaction to being hit.. this is him beating her on the ground... repeatedly. So your argument is moot.

It doesn't look good. I'll give you that but you have to trust the police to do their jobs and see what happens. There's no telling what transpired before the camera started rolling, who else was involved, if JS was attacked too, etc...

I hate these kinds of things and hope the punishment fits the crime but we don't even know what transpired yet.

Coach007
03-28-2016, 02:08 PM
But to my point- your daughter most likely didnt grow up in a poor small town where fighting is something that is routine- not a surprise. Your daughter- after being hit like that- most likely wouldnt have been out at the Club the next night dancing and partying. Your daughter has zero to do with that situation.

Simmons was wrong- but blowing it out of proportion doesnt help things. Its a wayyyy much bigger deal on here and in social media than it is in Shuqualak. It's just Monday there and people are going on about their business.

Saying that it is part of their norm is not an excuse. In fact, it's more telling that we over look that because we think it is the norm. Should it be accepted?

Coach007
03-28-2016, 02:09 PM

100%! agree.

chef dixon
03-28-2016, 02:12 PM
I don't really care. It's not my situation and whatever happens, happens. I have no problem admitting that I hope he still plays for us because I like to see MSU win. Issues like this get blown up by social media warriors but when that said player is on the field making plays fans have no trouble cheering (Ole Miss). Sucks for him he didn't sign with ole miss because that'd be nothing that growing under Freezus for 3 years and a mission trip couldn't solve.

Coach007
03-28-2016, 02:24 PM
I hate these kinds of things and hope the punishment fits the crime but we don't even know what transpired yet.

I agree with that.

BayouDawg
03-28-2016, 02:32 PM
I agree with that.

Then let's agree to leave it alone instead of trying to play judge jury and executioner

BamaIsYourDaddy
03-28-2016, 03:00 PM

What are we teaching?

This guy right here is one of the only people on this entire forum with any integrity/self respect. You should all be ashamed of yourselves and no one on this forum should ever utter another word about any of the goings on at Ole Piss.

BamaIsYourDaddy
03-28-2016, 03:02 PM
Issues like this get blown up by social media warriors

There's a ****ing video you moron. It's not like it's hearsay or something. You've all seen the video. You are pathetic and should be ashamed of yourselves. Not becasue you're rooting for the guy to play (although that's bad enough), but because you are complete hypocrites who would be having a field day with this if it were Ole Piss. Just embarrassing on so many different levels.

BulldogBear
03-28-2016, 03:16 PM
This guy right here is one of the only people on this entire forum with any integrity/self respect. You should all be ashamed of yourselves and no one on this forum should ever utter another word about any of the goings on at Ole Piss.
That you Coach?

MSUDawg99
03-28-2016, 03:37 PM

Here's the part of the story no one is talking about cause it's not on video...JS tried to break up the fight b/w the two girls (one was Simmons sister getting pounded on) & it kept going. Another guy got in middle & tried to break it up & it kept going. The boys tried repeatedly (2-3 times) to break it up & to no avail then Simmons got involved cause I'm guessing words were spewed all over the place from the females & that's when JS's emotions took over & it ended. Everyone involved got charged with disturbing the peace...a misdemeanor. MISDEMEANOR. This is not a regular occurrence for someone like JS. Isolated incident. I feel sure it's not something that would happen again...especially once he moves out of that town & gets enrolled in school. Let the system do it's job & let it play out. None of our opinions will weigh in on the matter, nor is it anyone's place to judge the actions of another. None of us have a leg to stand on. NO ONE.

maroonmania
03-28-2016, 03:53 PM
There's a ****ing video you moron. It's not like it's hearsay or something. You've all seen the video. You are pathetic and should be ashamed of yourselves. Not becasue you're rooting for the guy to play (although that's bad enough), but because you are complete hypocrites who would be having a field day with this if it were Ole Piss. Just embarrassing on so many different levels.

Would somebody please dispose of this guy and send him back to the Rant or whatever retard forum he came from.

Dawg61
03-28-2016, 03:58 PM

Enjoy your ban co*ksucker

chef dixon
03-28-2016, 04:00 PM

Lol damn bro, I'm sorry?

HSVDawg
03-28-2016, 04:33 PM
You missed the point.

Nah, I don't think I did. But since you say so, why don't you name me a time when we've lost a game due to the other team having a guy we couldn't stop who also happened to have some extremely damaging legal or personal transgressions that he was playing in spite of?