PDA

View Full Version : SVP, Herbstreit, Pollack preview the Kickoff Classic MSU vs OSU (link)....

CadaverDawg
08-14-2013, 02:46 PM
http://youtu.be/h5m0AtmWbgk

Jack Lambert
08-14-2013, 03:03 PM
I watched the replay of the Texas A&M game the other night and Herbstreit said about Johnny Football was going to be dialed in and getting ready during the off season. That guy has lost any respect from me.

maroonmania
08-14-2013, 03:11 PM
I watched the replay of the Texas A&M game the other night and Herbstreit said about Johnny Football was going to be dialed in and getting ready during the off season. That guy has lost any respect from me.

Hope you aren't talking about last year's MSU-TA&M game. No MSU fan should put themselves through that torture.

dawg21
08-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Our defense is flying under the radar...just the way I like it.

Jack Lambert
08-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Hope you aren't talking about last year's MSU-TA&M game. No MSU fan should put themselves through that torture.

When you are hungry for football you will watch anything. I have even gotten into a few CFL games.

HancockCountyDog
08-14-2013, 04:03 PM
http://youtu.be/h5m0AtmWbgk

That has to get you jacked up for the game!

I like Herbstreit, but he is f*cking crazy if he thinks our defense gives up 40 points to OSU. Just is not happening, not with all the talent we have on defense. I could maybe see them breaking 30, but forty? No damn way. We only gave up 40 once last year.

Kirk is right about one thing, this is a heavyweight fight and for everyone that wants to limp into a bowl game by winning 2 SEC games and 4 games against SWAC schools, I want you to remember all the publicity we will be getting leading into this game, and hopefully the national attention we will get when we win the game.

Beating South Alabama by 30 at home on Labor day weekend, wouldn't even make an ESPN highlight. Beating OSU on a neutral field will put a spotlight on our program that it deserves.

The whole world will see what kind of talent our team has when we play OSU and I for one, truly believe we win, and I actually think we win by 10 or more. I look at what Arizona did to them early in the year, and no one expected that, and that is what I see happening in our game.

EnterpriseDawg
08-14-2013, 04:07 PM
When you are hungry for football you will watch anything. I have even gotten into a few CFL games.

That is hardcore desperation.

maroonmania
08-14-2013, 04:08 PM
That has to get you jacked up for the game!

I like Herbstreit, but he is f*cking crazy if he thinks our defense gives up 40 points to OSU. Just is not happening, not with all the talent we have on defense. I could maybe see them breaking 30, but forty? No damn way. We only gave up 40 once last year.

Kirk is right about one thing, this is a heavyweight fight and for everyone that wants to limp into a bowl game by winning 2 SEC games and 4 games against SWAC schools, I want you to remember all the publicity we will be getting leading into this game, and hopefully the national attention we will get when we win the game.

Beating South Alabama by 30 at home on Labor day weekend, wouldn't even make an ESPN highlight. Beating OSU on a neutral field will put a spotlight on our program that it deserves.

The whole world will see what kind of talent our team has when we play OSU and I for one, truly believe we win, and I actually think we win by 10 or more. I look at what Arizona did to them early in the year, and no one expected that, and that is what I see happening in our game.

I could see him thinking that given all he really has to go on is what he saw last year and the fact that we lost 2 CBs that may get significant playing time in the NFL this year. Also Collins was on our staff the whole year last year as Co-DC so I don't know that people on the outside looking in will necessarily think his promotion will produce a lot of change. We believe it will but none of us will know for sure until we strap on the pads and play some games.

bocfarm
08-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Gonna be a tough game, their qb can run and pass and they have one of the better wr corps in the nation (not necessarily our strong point, at least in the past)

Like mentioned above we're going to have to run the ball and clock and keep it out of their hands as much as possible.

The thing that concerns me the most is how slow we started offensivley last yr...it wasn't just the great teams...even South Alabama, KY, Ark, Aub, OM, Troy we just can't do that and expect to win this game.

CadaverDawg
08-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Gonna be a tough game, their qb can run and pass and they have one of the better wr corps in the nation (not necessarily our strong point, at least in the past)

Like mentioned above we're going to have to run the ball and clock and keep it out of their hands as much as possible.

The thing that concerns me the most is how slow we started offensivley last yr...it wasn't just the great teams...even South Alabama, KY, Ark, Aub, OM, Troy we just can't do that and expect to win this game.

We started a hell of a lot better offensively than we finished last season....SoThere'sThat

bocfarm
08-14-2013, 04:34 PM
We started a hell of a lot better offensively than we finished last season....SoThere'sThat

Was referring 1st half of games...go back and look, we struggled mightily to move the ball in the 1st half of most games against shitty teams, I think we improve on that but jury's out