PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Moore to Atlanta Braves

KB21
03-27-2016, 03:30 PM
The Braves traded minor league 1B/OF Nate Freiman for Tyler.

The Braves may also be very interested in Reid Humphreys when draft time rolls around. The Braves scouting director Brian Bridges was in Starkville for the Georgia series scouting Reid and Dakota, among others.

mic
03-27-2016, 03:56 PM
The Braves traded minor league 1B/OF Nate Freiman for Tyler.

The Braves may also be very interested in Reid Humphreys when draft time rolls around. The Braves scouting director Brian Bridges was in Starkville for the Georgia series scouting Reid and Dakota, among others.

Not Saying they weren't looking at Hump..... But where in the hell would Hump play in the pros..??? Unless they draft him to pitch..

KB21
03-27-2016, 04:10 PM
Not Saying they weren't looking at Hump..... But where in the hell would Hump play in the pros..??? Unless they draft him to pitch..

Reid is probably going to be similar to Tyler in the pros. Play a little LF and 1B, even though he hasn't really played 1B at MSU.

I seen it dawg
03-27-2016, 04:15 PM
He better figure out right handed pitching in the next year and a half.

Commercecomet24
03-27-2016, 04:19 PM
Glad to see Tyler in a Braves uniform. He always helps with our camp here at West Jones. Good guy and wish him well with the Braves.

Todd4State
03-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Reid is probably going to be similar to Tyler in the pros. Play a little LF and 1B, even though he hasn't really played 1B at MSU.

He also has the option to pitch as well if hitting doesn't work out.

Reid has improved a LOT as a hitter since he has been at MSU.

mic
03-27-2016, 04:36 PM
He better figure out right handed pitching in the next year and a half.

He can't play 1b in the pros... And Im not sure even if he hit well enough he could play LF in the bigs...

Political Hack
03-27-2016, 05:21 PM
He can't play 1b in the pros... And Im not sure even if he hit well enough he could play LF in the bigs...

I tend to agree right now but he could go get a couple of years under a great hitting coach somewhere and become a stud. He's got it in him. I honestly just think he needs to be more aggressive.

War Machine Dawg
03-27-2016, 07:04 PM
So happy about this. I might actually bother with more than the occasional "Look, the Braves are still on pace to lose 100" check-in if Tyler makes it up to the team.

msstate7
03-27-2016, 07:11 PM
While not a miss state player, the braves also brought back EOF today. Loved Eric during his previous stint with the braves

KB21
03-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Saw this graphic posted by Matt Wyatt:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeQPQVkWAAIJ0Mw.jpg:large

msstate7
03-27-2016, 07:26 PM

Do you think renfroe would've benefitted from the new ball? I think there's no doubt he would've.

KB21
03-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Do you think renfroe would've benefitted from the new ball? I think there's no doubt he would've.

That is a good point. I would also point out that this past summer is the first summer Reid has been healthy enough to play summer ball.

I seen it dawg
03-27-2016, 08:55 PM

Interesting. Hope his trajectory goes up like Renfroe. But he has to adjust to what righties are doing to him.

Todd4State
03-27-2016, 09:21 PM

Absolutely! Hunter is one of the only guys to hit a home run at TD Ameritrade with the old ball.

Personally, I don't care for the Humphreys/Renfroe comparison because Hunter was a freak of nature- as we all know a five tool player. Humphreys arm, speed, and even his bat speed aren't in the same ballpark. Not because Reid is bad- it's just that Renfroe was THAT good.

Also with those stats you have to take into consideration that Humphreys played 6A high school baseball at one of the best high school baseball programs in the state and Renfroe played at one of the smaller high schools meaning he had a little more of an adjustment to make compared to Humphreys.

And in fairness to Humphreys he has had some injuries throughout his career at MSU- he had Tommy John I believe in high school which eliminated him pitching and he missed an entire summer of baseball for us because of a foot issue.