PDA

View Full Version : OM fans- Jeffrey Simmons say

Coach34
03-26-2016, 09:06 PM
Jamal Mosely

http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/local_news/court-document-implicates-former-osu-football-player-in-possible-sexual/article_ac0221af-2989-5c62-a9c2-f4c61e6e6480.html

http://newsok.com/article/3397886

" An Oklahoma State student accused former OSU football player Jamal Mosley of rape in a petition for a protective order. The petition was unsealed shortly after it was dismissed in Payne County Court on Wednesday."

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mosley_jamal00.html

Its ok to save souls at Om tho

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Hopefully that's not what "Jeffery Simmons say".... because that's not a good look.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 09:15 PM
OM fans on twitter are very sanctimonious right now...how soon they forget

HSVDawg
03-26-2016, 09:18 PM
So, are we talking about this, or not?

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 09:18 PM
OM fans on twitter are very sanctimonious right now...how soon they forget

So what, let them. This is a pretty serious thing, and not something that needs the OM/State fandom pissing contest added on top. But I digress...

Bucky Dog
03-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Ok, I'm not following...

Taog Redloh
03-26-2016, 09:26 PM
So what, let them. This is a pretty serious thing, and not something that needs the OM/State fandom pissing contest added on top. But I digress...
Serious? How do you know? Sounds like this woman mouthed off about his dead nephews. That's the problem with PC crap, it's created an environment where women think they are entitled to do whatever they want, with no consequences.

msstate7
03-26-2016, 09:26 PM
Ok, I'm not following...

Our stud recruit did something much dumber than bunting or walking a batter. I hope the victim is ok (no matter what part she played in it) and that Jeffrey gets his head screwed on straight.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 09:29 PM
That's the problem with PC crap, it's created an environment where women think they are entitled to do whatever they want, with no consequences.

Oh, that's the problem with "PC"?

Edited:

1) How do I know its serious? I saw the video. I'll tell you what though; if the full video shows that she was wielding a knife or something, and he was really just "defending his sister", then that might change things, but still...

2) To say this isn't serious is glib as ****.

3) Also, I think it is a very serious thing, regardless of the individual's celebrity, to throw 10 punches on a woman (or any person, for that matter) that is already on the deck...

confucius say
03-26-2016, 09:32 PM
In before locked

Taog Redloh
03-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Oh, that's the problem with "PC"?

You forgot the "Wow....just....WOW"

Taog Redloh
03-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Our stud recruit did something much dumber than bunting or walking a batter. I hope the victim is ok (no matter what part she played in it) and that Jeffrey gets his head screwed on straight.

It's a fight, dude. You can't just 100% blame him and not investigate the situation.

msstate7
03-26-2016, 09:40 PM
It's a fight, dude. You can't just 100% blame him and not investigate the situation.

He's a man and she's a woman. He's a star athlete and she's an unknown. Whether he was justified or not, doesn't matter bc he's guilty in the court of public perception. He can't let himself get into situations like that

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 09:41 PM

To be clear, I'm in no way condemning him before all the facts are in. But...off of what I've seen so far, one word that comes to mind: "serious".

Jarius
03-26-2016, 09:41 PM

If you watch the video you can clearly see that he was not in any sort of
Danger and was just hitting a female that was on the ground fighting another female.....I mean I'm All for
Taking up for Our guys but taking up for Simmons here is not the way to go. If he stays on the team, so be it. If he gets kicked off, good luck at Scooba.

Taog Redloh
03-26-2016, 09:42 PM
He's a man and she's a woman. He's a star athlete and she's an unknown. Whether he was justified or not, doesn't matter bc he's guilty in the court of public perception. He can't let himself get into situations like that

I agree with all that. I just want to know the facts before the woman skates off Scot free while his life is in jeopardy....know what I mean?

Coach34
03-26-2016, 09:43 PM
Its a different culture they grow up in- fighting happens quite often- even between girls and boys. Simmons admitted he was wrong and apologized. He hasnt even been charged with anything yet. Nobody ended up in the hospital. It happens everyday in towns all across Mississippi

msstate7
03-26-2016, 09:43 PM
I agree with all that. I just want to know the facts before the woman skates off Scot free while his life is in jeopardy....know what I mean?

I know what you're saying.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 09:45 PM

A very appropriate Chris Rock stand up comes to mind here: basically, he says that "I'd never hit a woman", but "there is a reason to hit anyone; shit there's a reason to throw an old man down a flight of stairs; you just don't do it".

pilldawg
03-26-2016, 09:47 PM

Nmnnmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmnnm

Taog Redloh
03-26-2016, 09:49 PM
Its a different culture they grow up in- fighting happens quite often- even between girls and boys. Simmons admitted he was wrong and apologized. He hasnt even been charged with anything yet. Nobody ended up in the hospital. It happens everyday in towns all across Mississippi
My guess is, if he truly wanted to mess her up, he would have done it.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2016, 09:50 PM
Stupid decision totally out of character similar to Dak & the DUI. Hope he learns from it & he'll be at MSU in June.

msstate7
03-26-2016, 09:51 PM
Sooo... Is Simmons in danger of getting booted before he even makes it to campus?

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 09:52 PM
I'll say this. The court of public opinion plays a major role, right or wrong. If y'all had seen this video, and it was insert OM player throwing the punches, most would be demanding he get kicked off the team. Or, if this was a person that didn't also happen to be a good pass-rusher, and was just a normal dude, I'm sure the language would be much worse.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 09:53 PM
While at Charleston:

We had both of our top 2 TB's get in a fight at school- the starter fought a girl. I agreed with our HC that they should be suspended for the Spring game- even though that was going to put me in a bind on offense. The Superintendent called us both in and asked us why in the hell we were going to suspend them for the Spring Game "just for fighting". I shit you not people, the Super said "Hell, the girl Eldra hit was as big as him and he only hit her twice. She admitted to starting it. Let's compromise and only sit him the 2nd half???"

Then the Super in very plain terms said we were not to sit both players the whole game. #Charleston

Coach34
03-26-2016, 09:56 PM
I'll say this. The court of public opinion plays a major role, right or wrong. If y'all had seen this video, and it was insert OM player throwing the punches, most would be demanding he get kicked off the team. Or, if this was a person that didn't also happen to be a good pass-rusher, and was just a normal dude, I'm sure the language would be much worse.

No- its a culture thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLsg5Nwy8eU

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 09:57 PM
While at Charleston:

We had both of our top 2 TB's get in a fight at school- the starter fought a girl. I agreed with our HC that they should be suspended for the Spring game- even though that was going to put me in a bind on offense. The Superintendent called us both in and asked us why in the hell we were going to suspend them for the Spring Game "just for fighting". I shit you not people, the Super said "Hell, the girl Eldra hit was as big as him and he only hit her twice. She admitted to starting it. Let's compromise and only sit him the 2nd half???"

Then the Super in very plain terms said we were not to sit both players the whole game. #Charleston

I hear ya dude, but this wasn't a fair fight between 2 athletes. Yeah, it was a fair fight when it was just the 2 women pulling hair, slapping, and shit, but when he got involved, she was already on her back. And he didn't just throw 1 punch to "protect his sister".

Btw. The whole video is out, including the events that led to the few seconds most will focus on. Context is important.

smootness
03-26-2016, 09:59 PM
My guess is, if he truly wanted to mess her up, he would have done it.

You people are freaking bonkers.

ShotgunDawg

What consequences can public opinion levy though?

What Simmons did is wrong, but I don't see what public opinion has to do with it. Can the public punish Simmons or Mullen? What exact role does public opinion play?

Bucky Dog

He will be charged if the Network pays the girl to press charges!!

msstate7
03-26-2016, 10:00 PM
I hear ya dude, but this wasn't a fair fight between 2 athletes. Yeah, it was a fair fight when it was just the 2 women pulling hair, slapping, and shit, but when he got involved, she was already on her back. And he didn't just throw 1 punch to "protect his sister".

Btw. The whole video is out, including the events that led to the few seconds most will focus on. Context is important.

What was the context? Does Jeffrey have a leg to stand on?

msstate7
03-26-2016, 10:00 PM
He will be charged if the Network pays the girls to press charges!!

Vice versa

Bucky Dog
03-26-2016, 10:03 PM
Vice versa

Or will try to sue him to keep it in the media.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 10:05 PM
What consequences can public opinion levy though?

What Simmons did is wrong, but I don't see what public opinion has to do with it. Can the public punish Simmons or Mullen? What exact role does public opinion play?

My bad, perhaps I could have been more clear. I was pointing more to how perception (more specifically, and unfortunately, what team you pull for), influences how people view these types of things. I wasn't saying/thinking anything about consequence. In my mind, there isn't much grey area when a 6'4 dude is seen throwing a barrage of fists at a woman on her back, unless he was obviously in danger....which he wasn't.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2016, 10:06 PM
I can't believe I'm reading MSU fans on twitter say that Simmons should be kicked off the team. Are you 17ing kidding me?

I get what he did is terrible, but what exactly does kicking him off the team accomplish? He's not even at MSU yet or on the team yet

Are you really going to kick him off only to see him go to EMCC & then sign with Ole Miss next year? What does that accomplish? (BTW, my guess is that the Rebs are cheering for this happen)

He made a mistake, but kicking him off only to see him sign next year with a rival is stupidity. I'd rather Mullen just suspend him for next season & make him redshirt.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 10:06 PM
What was the context? Does Jeffrey have a leg to stand on?
Check your PM; I'll let you make up your own mind.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2016, 10:08 PM
My bad, perhaps I could have been more clear. I was pointing more to how perception (more specifically, and unfortunately, what team you pull for), influences how people view these types of things. I wasn't saying/thinking anything about consequence. In my mind, there isn't much grey area when a 6'4 dude is seen throwing a barrage of fists at a woman on her back, unless he was obviously in danger....which he wasn't.

I get what you are saying, but why does it matter how people view things?

smootness
03-26-2016, 10:08 PM
For the record, the decision on whether or not to allow him to play falls on the school and on Mullen...and I'm fine with whatever decision they make. I don't think this is a big enough thing to have to ruin his career or life or anything, assuming it's a one-time deal. But anyone trying to normalize this or defend him in this instance is the exact same kind of fan that allowed a program like Penn State to get to the point where everyone would turn a blind eye to what went on there.

It's sports, it's not important enough to compromise being a good, honest human being.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 10:09 PM
For the record, the decision on whether or not to allow him to play falls on the school and on Mullen...and I'm fine with whatever decision they make. I don't think this is a big enough thing to have to ruin his career or life or anything, assuming it's a one-time deal. But anyone trying to normalize this or defend him in this instance is the exact same kind of fan that allowed a program like Penn State to get to the point where everyone would turn a blind eye to what went on there.

It's sports, it's not important enough to compromise being a good, honest human being.

This.

Taog Redloh
03-26-2016, 10:12 PM

My viewpoint has nothing to do with the fact that it's an MSU player.

Guess what? I also sided with Jameis Winston. Wow just wow right?

HSVDawg
03-26-2016, 10:13 PM

There is a video. What other investigation would you like done that shows more than that?

smootness
03-26-2016, 10:14 PM
My viewpoint has nothing to do with the fact that it's an MSU player.

Guess what? I also sided with Jameis Winston. Wow just wow right?

Oh, you've just lost your mind. Carry on then.

ShotgunDawg
Hey, here an idea for all the idiots on twitter right now, how about we just let the people who know Simmons decide his fate instead of just blindly kicking him off team.

Social media sucks.

HSVDawg

+1

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2016, 10:15 PM
There is a video. What other investigation would you like done that shows more than that?

You don't even know this kid. You have no idea where his heart is or what even happened. You want to kick him off the team just on this video?

BeardoMSU
I also sided with Jameis Winston. Wow just wow right?

Wow...just....wow**

No, really. Wow.

msstate7
Jeffrey needs to issue a public apology and get signed up in anger management classes asap if he wants to be here.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 10:18 PM
You don't even know this kid. You have no idea where his heart is or what even happened.

So...I guess you would be more than happy to apply that same level of sympathy to other SEC football players who get in/have been in similar situations?

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2016, 10:18 PM
If Mullen kicks him off the team, here's the timeline of what will happen:

April - Kicked off team

August - enrolls at EMCC

September - Plays for EMCC

November - Ole Miss & Alabama proclaim that he's magically rehabilitated

November - He signs with Ole Miss or Alabama

Again, what does this accomplish? Why should MSU be punished for this?

Taog Redloh
03-26-2016, 10:20 PM

Video conveniently picks up at the 'result', and does not show what led up to it. If a woman insulted my dead family members the results would be the same.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2016, 10:20 PM
So...I guess you would be more than happy to apply that same level of sympathy to other SEC football players who get in/have been in similar situations?

He's not an SEC football player. He's a high school kid who's probably had shady people around for a long time. He's never been in any other trouble & he hasn't had the guidance of our coaches around him to help him. Why would we not enroll him again? Just to make a point?

Again, what does kicking him off the team accomplish? Please answer that

SDDawg
03-26-2016, 10:22 PM
I love all these morality warriors coming out and trashing the kid, it's crazy to see. The problem with zero tolerance is that there is ZERO... and that applies to all of you. Maybe you didn't punch a woman, but did you ever grab one by the arm? Or pound on a table in front of one during an argument? Yell and scream to the point where one was intimidated? Those can all be construed as assault by the police... so guess what? Through the right lens you're guilty, too. Quit judging and let the process play out, give some thought to what's really at stake here not just for football but for a young man's life.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 10:22 PM

As Smoot said, you should be able to look at this from the point of view of a human being....not a human being who places priority of interpreting right and wrong based on how it helps you win football games.

confucius say
03-26-2016, 10:23 PM

What went on at penn state prior to the raping of little kids that eventually led to turning a blind eye to raping little kids?

Eta: or are you equating hitting a female to raping children? I'm fine with whatever punishment Simmons gets, but let's not act like defending hitting a woman is the "exact same thing" as defending raping children.

Coach34
Wow...just....wow**

No, really. Wow.

When seeing the evidence- it wasnt hard to side with Winston

SDDawg
He's not an SEC football player. He's a high school kid who's probably had shady people around for a long time. He's never been in any other trouble & he hasn't had the guidance of our coaches around him to help him. Why would we not enroll him again? Just to make a point?

None, but a bunch of morality warriors want to try to act tough. Never been under the microscope and never had a day of hardship in their lives. So easy to sit in the ivory tower and judge people tho...

ShotgunDawg
I'm just sick twitter people policing the world & offering their unwanted & unasked for advice.

Mullen should definitely punish him or even suspend him for the season, but he should absolutely enroll him. Would be stupid not too

Coach34
03-26-2016, 10:24 PM
Jeffrey needs to issue a public apology

already done

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 10:26 PM
I love all these morality warriors coming out and trashing the kid, it's crazy to see.

Not a single person is trashing the kid. Not one.

And that's funny, considering that if discussing the severity of a situation like this, is 'now trashing a kid', what does that make the dozen of threads (ha, jk...hundreds) that rip apart other SEC players for the "mistakes" they've made?

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 10:28 PM
None, but a bunch of morality warriors want to try to act tough. Never been under the microscope and never had a day of hardship in their lives. So easy to sit in the ivory tower and judge people tho...

Hmm...

msstate7
03-26-2016, 10:28 PM
already done

Good. Now sign up for anger management.

From what I've heard, Simmons is a great kid. Even something as stupid as this (it was stupid too), shouldn't ruin a kid's future esp considering this is after all a misdemeanor (a really ugly one)

msstate7
03-26-2016, 10:29 PM
Not a single person is trashing the kid. Not one.

And that's funny, considering that if discussing the severity of a situation like this, is 'now trashing a kid', what does that make the dozen of threads (ha, jk...hundreds) that rip apart other SEC players for the "mistakes" they've made?

To be fair, those kids are heathen, not fine, upstanding citizens like our kids**

Thompson92
03-26-2016, 10:30 PM
So is this more acceptable than dropping a pass or failing to establish post presence? Because those mistakes get a lot more scrutiny around here.

Taog Redloh
03-26-2016, 10:31 PM

Yeah it is odd to me, that a woman trashes dead people, and is rewarded for it by the sheep. She meant ill will towards him. Yet he was defending his family and made a bad decision, and is dragged through the coals.

The world has taken a turn for the surreal. The PC white knights really don't have much world experience IMO.

smootness
03-26-2016, 10:34 PM
What went on at penn state prior to the raping of little kids that eventually led to turning a blind eye to raping little kids?

Eta: or are you equating hitting a female to raping children? I'm fine with whatever punishment Simmons gets, but let's not act like defending hitting a woman is the "exact same thing" as defending raping children.

Years and years of that fanbase treating Paterno and the coaching staff and players like heros and defending anything and everything that might not cast the best light on them. Which in turn led to Paterno and the coaching staff attempting to save their reputation above all and for people who may have otherwise spoken up to remain silent for fear of being run out of town.

SDDawg
03-26-2016, 10:36 PM
Yeah it is odd to me, that a woman trashes dead people, and is rewarded for it by the sheep. She meant malice towards him. Yet he was defending his family and made a bad decision, and is dragged through the coals.

The world has taken a turn for the surreal.

What he did should have consequences, but to jump from 5 seconds of video where most people have no idea what happened to "he should be dropped and MSU should move on" doesn't make sense to me at all. There has to be a middle ground where he can learn from the mistake and move on and still have the opportunity to be at MSU, that's all I'm saying. I honestly don't know what happened but I assume that his apology was sincere and that the police don't plan to charge him so I see no reason to make this bigger than it is.

Please remember that Ole Miss has a QB that threatened to shoot people and now they praise him like he's the second coming... (excuse the reference on Holy Saturday).

smootness
03-26-2016, 10:37 PM
Yeah it is odd to me, that a woman trashes dead people, and is rewarded for it by the sheep. She meant ill will towards him. Yet he was defending his family and made a bad decision, and is dragged through the coals.

The world has taken a turn for the surreal. The PC white knights really don't have much world experience IMO.

Please show me one person who is defending her, or anyone who has given her some type of reward. This is not a good situation in any direction. But that in no way makes what Simmons did ok.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 10:39 PM

Goat does make a good point. People yelling "consequences" need to remember that includes both sides

smootness
03-26-2016, 10:42 PM
Goat does make a good point. People yelling "consequences" need to remember that includes both sides

First, what kind of consequences would you suggest be placed on her? Second, what on earth does that have to do with Mississippi State?

OurState
03-26-2016, 10:47 PM

Didn't we just hire one of the people who has been close to him the whole time? I think this argument doesn't hold water.

HSVDawg
03-26-2016, 10:50 PM
You don't even know this kid. You have no idea where his heart is or what even happened. You want to kick him off the team just on this video?

I am not offering up any opinion on what his future should be with us. That's up to the coaches. But, there is no mistaking what actually happened because there is video evidence of it. And it isn't good. Saying there needs to be additional investigation is silly because it's already all out there for the world to see. Whether or not I know him, what his motives or character are, or what prompted him to do this are all irrelevant as to what actually transpired.

mstatefan91
03-26-2016, 10:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CehfkSrXEAIhSR5.jpg:large

Leroy Jenkins
03-26-2016, 10:55 PM
While at Charleston:

I went to Charleston in the early 80s. Have some family that still live in the free state of Tallahatchie. I can see this.

mstatefan91
03-26-2016, 10:56 PM
I went to Charleston in the early 80s. Have some family that still live in the free state of Tallahatchie. I can see this.
Anybody raised in the South that was involved in athletics growing up or as an adult can see this... especially as concerns football.

HancockCountyDog
03-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Video conveniently picks up at the 'result', and does not show what led up to it. If a woman insulted my dead family members the results would be the same.

I'm not hitting a woman, I don't care what she says. I'm 6'2" 225+, nothing a woman says to me gives me the right to hit her. Anyone that says otherwise is a fool.

Who hasn't had a crazy girl say something stupid/insulting/awful to us at a bar? The idea of hitting her has never crossed my mind.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 11:06 PM
First, what kind of consequences would you suggest be placed on her? Second, what on earth does that have to do with Mississippi State?

she got hers for talking about someone's dead cousins

Coach34
03-26-2016, 11:07 PM
Didn't we just hire one of the people who has been close to him the whole time? I think this argument doesn't hold water.

no- no we didnt

Westdawg
03-26-2016, 11:10 PM
I see incidents like this about once or twice a month in Clarksdale.
C34 is right that far too often it is a culture issue....not to mention that some of us keyboard heroes might react the same way
We also have to remember that we have not yet received anywhere near the full story on this incident. JS may be taking the high road - after the fact - and taking responsibility for his actions when there could be far more to this story. I am gonna hold off judgement until more comes to light

Coach34
03-26-2016, 11:12 PM
I'm not hitting a woman, I don't care what she says. I'm 6'2" 225+, nothing a woman says to me gives me the right to hit her. Anyone that says otherwise is a fool.

Who hasn't had a crazy girl say something stupid/insulting/awful to us at a bar? The idea of hitting her has never crossed my mind.

have you ever had a 6'1- 185 pound black chick attack you? I can assure you- all situations arent the same. Black people and white people around Mississippi grow up differently. Anything saying they dont is full of shit. Its different cultures

Beaver
03-26-2016, 11:13 PM
she got hers for talking about someone's dead cousins

No.. It doesn't work that way with women. I get what you are saying about the culture. It's possible Simmons was never taught to never hit a women under any circumstances unless your life is in danger. But you cannot say the woman deserved to be hit by a man.

mstatefan91
03-26-2016, 11:14 PM

You were most likely raised in a different culture (you can correct me if I'm wrong). Doesn't excuse it by any means. Is what it is.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2016, 11:19 PM
Hey Rebs, click an add while your over hear hoping that we kick our top recruit off the team so that you can re-recruit him in 8 months.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 11:19 PM
You were most likely raised in a different culture (you can correct me if I'm wrong). Doesn't excuse it by any means. Is what it is.

Probably raised around different types of women as well.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2016, 11:21 PM
Let's cut this culture shit out please. I came from the same culture & beating up women isn't ok even though I've seen it. He made a mistake a terrible decision. He owned it & knew he messed up lets not throw this culture crap into this.

mstatefan91
03-26-2016, 11:25 PM
Let's cut this culture shit out please. I came from the same culture & beating up women isn't ok even though I've seen it. He made a mistake a terrible decision. He owned it & knew he messed up lets not throw this culture crap into this.

It plays a role whether you want it to or not. It doesn't make it right. It is context. Doesn't mean that Simmons isn't going to face consequences. Doesn't mean it was ok.

It is good that he has come out and owned his mistake. I hope he learns from it, never does anything like this again, and teaches his future children the correct way to treat a woman.

smootness
03-26-2016, 11:29 PM
It plays a role whether you want it to or not. It doesn't make it right. It is context. Doesn't mean that Simmons isn't going to face consequences. Doesn't mean it was ok.

It is good that he has come out and owned his mistake. I hope he learns from it, never does anything like this again, and teaches his future children the correct way to treat a woman.

If it doesn't make it right and doesn't mean it was ok, then why continue to harp on it? No one's saying this means Simmons is a terrible person and needs to be locked away. We're just saying it was a really bad decision, a bad thing to do, and something that will have consequences. We'll see if those consequences include not being a member of the team, but it definitely will have consequences, and deservedly so.

HancockCountyDog
03-26-2016, 11:29 PM

Culture? Good lord.

Please delete.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 11:30 PM

this all day. We dont all grow up the same. Anybody that has taken psychology and sociology knows all that plays a huge part.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2016, 11:31 PM

This situation had nothing to do with culture. It had to do with Jeffery getting so pissed he snapped. He made a terrible decision but this incident had nothing to do with culture.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 11:31 PM
Culture? Good lord.

Please delete.

So are all cultures the same? Islamic cultures are the same? C'mon man be real- cultures are different. People dont grow up the same way

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2016, 11:32 PM
this all day. We dont all grow up the same. Anybody that has taken psychology and sociology knows all that plays a huge part.

I did. This wasn't because of culture it just wasn't.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 11:32 PM
This situation had nothing to do with culture..

Bullshit- this doesnt happen with kids that go to Jackson Academy and Prep- but it happens every day in poor small towns across Mississippi

mstatefan91
03-26-2016, 11:33 PM
Culture? Good lord.

Please delete.

Sigh

HancockCountyDog
03-26-2016, 11:34 PM
have you ever had a 6'1- 185 pound black chick attack you? I can assure you- all situations arent the same. Black people and white people around Mississippi grow up differently. Anything saying they dont is full of shit. Its different cultures

Listen, this is my last post on this because it's not worth it.

The problem for JS is that the video doesn't have her coming at him and him defending himself, if it did I would feel better about it, still feel awful, but feel better. He is hitting her while on the ground, while another woman is beating her too.

If you are saying that in the black community it's ok for a black man to hit a black woman because she talked some shit, then you need to lock this thread up. I'm done. Long day.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2016, 11:34 PM
Bullshit- this doesnt happen with kids that go to Jackson Academy and Prep- but it happens every day in poor small towns across Mississippi

Bullshit

Beaver
03-26-2016, 11:35 PM
Can Mullen just grayshirt him? That seems like a viable option to me. It's still like a suspension because he can't participate with the team at all in the fall, but he still gets to learn how to be a student-athlete if he plays Juco and hopefully learn how to control his emotions.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2016, 11:36 PM

You probably believe that too.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 11:38 PM
Bullshit

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/9-people-arrested-murder-wild-street-brawl-article-1.2577407

Thats not happening in Madison

msstate7
I'm from a middle, white class family and I've seen more than one white dude hit a woman

mstatefan91
Anyway, I'm out. It was a mistake. Hope he learns from it. I'm interested in what Mullen/MSU decides to do.

Night folks

starkvegasdawg
03-26-2016, 11:40 PM
I have seen the enemy and it is us.