PDA

View Full Version : Today is another great example against bunting

Coach34
03-26-2016, 06:39 PM
You cant keep giving outs away to a team that walked 21 batters in their last SEC series. You give them outs instead of making them earn them. You take away from our momentum. You take away chances for us to have big innings. You cannot do that- especially with what looks to be a weak back end of the pen for us. We need all the runs we can score

STOP GIVING AWAY OUTS AND COSTING YOUR TEAM

msstate7
03-26-2016, 06:41 PM
I can handle the bunts far better than the walks we're giving up... Our pitching staff save Hudson, sexton, and rigby should run bleachers immediately following this game

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Lock Cohen in the closet at game time and we host.

I'm Your Huckleberry
03-26-2016, 07:01 PM
You cant keep giving outs away to a team that walked 21 batters in their last SEC series. You give them outs instead of making them earn them. You take away from our momentum. You take away chances for us to have big innings. You cannot do that- especially with what looks to be a weak back end of the pen for us. We need all the runs we can score

STOP GIVING AWAY OUTS AND COSTING YOUR TEAM

Too bad the examples FOR bunting are not constantly whined about on this board. Then everyone would understand why every good college baseball team does it.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 07:11 PM
Too bad the examples FOR bunting are not constantly whined about on this board. Then everyone would understand why every good college baseball team does it.

This guy doesn't like math

Coach34
03-26-2016, 07:13 PM
It's obvious the back end of our staff is struggling and inexperienced- so we obviously need some big innings in order to compete. Giving away outs to the other team is not helping us do that. It's not a hard concept

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 07:16 PM
This game was on the pitching staff and mainly two guys who are supposed to be draft picks...Houston is a mental midget. I can say worse but no point. Tatum is getting lit up. Where are the guys who were crying for him to be a rotation guy? He isn't. Period

Coach34
03-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Homedawg- I know the pitching was dogshit today- not debating that.

But bunting with guys in the middle of the order is ludicrous. Especially against a staff that has been struggling itself. You bail them out by giving them outs. Make them work out of jams- don't give them outs and do it for them

Coach34
03-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Just like Mullen in the Fall- sometime you have to win the game 51-50

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 07:29 PM
Cohen is doing it on purpose to take a stance vs the fanbase. He needs to go. He's pulling a retarded version of Gene Hackman in Hoosiers except he isn't trying to teach his team something he's doing it to show he's the boss to the fans. His ego has put himself on an island alone.

maroonmania
03-26-2016, 07:30 PM
I agree that Cohen's mentality on offense seems to be stuck in the dead bat era. When the GA ace is going and we have our ace going I can live with bunting because each run is vital. Bunting today against the back end of GA's staff and knowing that we were unlikely to hold the opposition down it was just moronic.

tireddawg
03-26-2016, 07:34 PM
Cohen is doing it on purpose to take a stance vs the fanbase. He needs to go. He's pulling a retarded version of Gene Hackman in Hoosiers except he isn't trying to teach his team something he's doing it to show he's the boss to the fans. His ego has put himself on an island alone.

Are you serious?

Coach34
03-26-2016, 07:45 PM

He's really not. He really believes all the bunting and shit is what he is supposed to be doing. That is what is so alarming. The fans let him know about it today with the boos. They need to keep it up. And I agree with Will James/Blackout/Dawg62- we need people to start making signs and taking them to ballgames. The fanbase is fed up with that bullshit. Bunting in the 1st 3 innings of any game should get you fired- unless its with Belmont who couldnt hit water if he fell out of a ****ing boat.

basedog
03-26-2016, 07:55 PM
He's really not. He really believes all the bunting and shit is what he is supposed to be doing. That is what is so alarming. The fans let him know about it today with the boos. They need to keep it up. And I agree with Will James/Blackout/Dawg62- we need people to start making signs and taking them to ballgames. The fanbase is fed up with that bullshit. Bunting in the 1st 3 innings of any game should get you fired- unless its with Belmont who couldnt hit water if he fell out of a ****ing boat.

That is terrible, here we are 4-2 and u r bitching cause u don't like his style, I'm beginning to think u are in the Bernie For President group.

I hope u have a great Easter and forget bout your misery for Cohen, Stansbury and of course Mullen!

Btw, do u make a profit for hosting ED with your agenda in destroying Coaches? Click a ad 34.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 08:00 PM
That is terrible, here we are 4-2 and u r bitching cause u don't like his style.

When we are a 3 seed when we should be a 2... When we are a 2 seed when we should be hosting. You're the typical moron peddling this stupid shit. Hello Raylan Givens University... Hello Oral Roberts. Hello traveling for the regionals AGAIN probably to a National Seed cause we couldn't crack the top 24 because we LOSE games we should WIN because, Cohening

Coach34
03-26-2016, 08:02 PM
That is terrible, here we are 4-2 and u r bitching cause u don't like his style, I'm beginning to think u are in the Bernie For President group.

I hope u have a great Easter and forget bout your misery for Cohen, Stansbury and of course Mullen!

Btw, do u make a profit for hosting ED with your agenda in destroying Coaches? Click a ad 34.

He had a losing record last year too with this same philosophy. Just because we are 4-2 right now doesnt mean anything in a 30 game SEC schedule. We have OM coming in next weekend who has owned us lately. We have a tough midweek against USM coming up. There's alot of baseball left.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 08:05 PM
I'll remind you again Basedog- the fans in the stadium today booed Cohen for bunting. They booed him. Its not just me. Alot of people are sick of this shit

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 08:11 PM
Homedawg- I know the pitching was dogshit today- not debating that.

But bunting with guys in the middle of the order is ludicrous. Especially against a staff that has been struggling itself. You bail them out by giving them outs. Make them work out of jams- don't give them outs and do it for them

I'm not debating that. Bunting Kruger is stupid. There might be a 1% exception. .... But if you can't win in this league scoring 8 u got problems.

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 08:12 PM

This post has moved you clearly to the top of all ****ing retards on this board. I've been wushu washy who was the biggest idiot, and you have always been in the convo, but this clears it up. Preacher Matt thanks you.

Dawgface
03-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Cohen ain't changing. He couldn't care less if fans boo his style.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm not debating that. Bunting Kruger is stupid. There might be a 1% exception. .... But if you can't win in this league scoring 8 u got problems.

When you score 8 after wasting huge inning opportunities early, you got problems.

Cohen doesn't have direct control if our arms can't execute. He directly controls the decision to limit our offensive output

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Yesterday's bunt was fine....today's was one of the worst coaching moves I e seen made in my life. Not only was it early in the game, it was with a man already on 2nd, and we know we have zero pitching beyond Hudson and Sexton. Just an absolutely horrid call. Seriously one of the worst calls ever to bunt Kruger today.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 08:20 PM

Oh I know. But the boos are going to grow

msstate7
03-26-2016, 08:23 PM
Yesterday's bunt was fine....today's was one of the worst coaching moves I e seen made in my life. Not only was it early in the game, it was with a man already on 2nd, and we know we have zero pitching beyond Hudson and Sexton. Just an absolutely horrid call. Seriously one of the worst calls ever to bunt Kruger today.
Awful

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 08:26 PM
When you score 8 after wasting huge inning opportunities early, you got problems.

Cohen doesn't have direct control if our arms can't execute. He directly controls the decision to limit our offensive output

Again I'm not agreeing w every bunt. However I'm certainly not agreeing w you. Look curve and adjust. That in itself shows you are stupid. Why would anyone listen to you...and over and over and over.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Again I'm not agreeing w every bunt. However I'm certainly not agreeing w you. Look curve and adjust. That in itself shows you are stupid. Why would anyone listen to you...and over and over and over.

Still rent free in your head I see. Just bow out its obviously over your head.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Yesterday's bunt was fine....

See- it wasnt. It's just a symptom of the problem. Making guys like Kruger, Collins, Hump, Rooker bunt just make them hate the game and their coach. I can assure you not one of those guys ever wants to bunt- and they absolutely hate it when they get the signal. And that affects them in other ways. I could see Kruger today when he got the signal to bunt- his whole demeanor changed and he looked totally deflated.

These guys dont see our style of play when being recruited. They are busy playing all the time. HS guys get to see a few games- but the guys that transfer from jucos have no freaking idea about #Cohening when they sign with us. Kruger's body language at the plate today after he was given the signal said it all

basedog
03-26-2016, 08:40 PM
When we are a 3 seed when we should be a 2... When we are a 2 seed when we should be hosting. You're the typical moron peddling this stupid shit. Hello Raylan Givens University... Hello Oral Roberts. Hello traveling for the regionals AGAIN probably to a National Seed cause we couldn't crack the top 24 because we LOSE games we should WIN because, Cohening

Far far from a moron, if I'm a typical Msu fan I'll take that with pride. Yes I bleed maroon and white and I don't always agree with coaches. I just don't bitch like a moaning little girl. U remind me of my kids "when are we gonna get there". Quit the bitching on every pitch and let's see how the season goes.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 08:42 PM
See- it wasnt. It's just a symptom of the problem. Making guys like Kruger, Collins, Hump, Rooker bunt just make them hate the game and their coach. I can assure you not one of those guys ever wants to bunt- and they absolutely hate it when they get the signal. And that affects them in other ways. I could see Kruger today when he got the signal to bunt- his whole demeanor changed and he looked totally deflated.

These guys dont see our style of play when being recruited. They are busy playing all the time. HS guys get to see a few games- but the guys that transfer from jucos have no freaking idea about #Cohening when they sign with us. Kruger's body language at the plate today after he was given the signal said it all

Not to mention they've never had to bunt in their lives and probably haven't even practiced it but a few times. If someone can't bunt, don't call a bunt. All other reasons aside. You don't draw up a Gavin Ware 3 play do you? No.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 08:43 PM
Far far from a moron, if I'm a typical Msu fan I'll take that with pride. Yes I bleed maroon and white and I don't always agree with coaches. I just don't bitch like a moaning little girl. U remind me of my kids "when are we gonna get there". Quit the bitching on every pitch and let's see how the season goes.

We did that in 2012 and 2014 when you "we're winning so what" crowd were vocal. Last year wiped away his benefit of the doubt or "let's see how it plays out"

Ralph
03-26-2016, 08:45 PM

This may be the dumbest thing ever said.

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Still rent free in your head I see. Just bow out its obviously over your head.

I love it bro, you never played, your posts show it. You top it off w look curve and adjust. Anyone w a brain can see you have no clue on the sport. However you and all other sabermatric people are great readers on the topic. Unfortunately you didn't read anything about hitting.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 08:48 PM
I failed math, statistics, and intro to logic.

Fify

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 08:50 PM
Fify

Math can't get you to first. Where you will never be looking curve and adjusting...keep trying.

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Fify

I am glad you are here to defend 61 though. 2 peas in a pod. Sorry you finished third. A close third though. Hope you feel better.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Math can't get you to first. Where you will never be looking curve and adjusting...keep trying.

I'm not the one defending the almighty bunt here, bro

basedog
03-26-2016, 08:57 PM
This may be the dumbest thing ever said.

+1

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 08:59 PM
I'm not the one defending the almighty bunt here, bro

Damn, the one thing I thought you were good at- reading...and you failed. Find in this thread where I defended the bunt??? Actually, I said, since I need to spell it out for you, I disagree w bunting Kruger too.....I did blame the loss on pitching, which is true that when u score 8 runs that's should suffice.

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 09:00 PM
+1

Late to the party!! Idiotic post. Dumb doesn't qualify.

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:01 PM

Sounds like he's standing on an island alone with just his ego. Wish I had said that. Oh wait

basedog
03-26-2016, 09:02 PM

Was a bad coaching blunder.

Btw Clint, Happy Easter to you and your family, I believe you know he has Risen!

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 09:05 PM
See- it wasnt.

Yes - It WAS.

Yesterday was late in the game facing a guy with a no hitter going and a chance to get a RISP with Collins & Hump up with less than 2 outs. So yes, it was fine yesterday. Saying otherwise is just trying to be stubborn bc you yet again want another coach fired.

You could be the best power team in the country and yesterday's makes sense. Today's did not. Two totally different situations at two totally different points in the game.

You play to win...last nights was playing to win. Today's was a total wtf moment. You can't just say "never bunt _____, EVAH....in college baseball and it be fact. You play to win. F a certain player if he never wants to bunt. Do I agree with Cohen's incessant meddling & bunting? No. But last night's was fine, & you would agree if Cohen hadn't been the man that called it. You only pointed last night's out bc of Cohen's stupid bunt calls...but if you truly knew what you were talking about, you'd know last night's didn't fall under the dipshit category of bunting that several of Cohen's bunt calls fall under. You let your hatred of Cohen's style affect your judgement on that one. Today's was horrific though, no doubt.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Was a bad coaching blunder.

Btw Clint, Happy Easter to you and your family, I believe you know he has Risen!

Indeed, my friend. Happy Easter to you and yours as well (and to all EliteDawgs!).... I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow, basedog. Thanks for the well wishes

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:09 PM
Love all the retards coming to defend the King Retard. Ralph, basedog and the hom0. Your King shall be fired. The wheels are in motion. I suggest you follow him when he does get fired. I said it would be this year before the season started. Let's see if I'm right. Again.

Coach34
03-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Yes - It WAS.

Yesterday was late in the game facing a guy with a no hitter going and a chance to get a RISP with Collins & Hump up with less than 2 outs. So yes, it was fine yesterday. Saying otherwise is just trying to be stubborn bc you yet again want another coach fired.

You could be the best power team in the country and yesterday's makes sense. Today's did not. Two totally different situations at two totally different points in the game.

It wasnt late in the game- it was the 6th inning. You dont give a guy an out thats walked 6 hitters already- struggling to find the plate. You dont bunt with the middle of your order unless its the bottom of the the last inning in a tie game- and even then its a maybe

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 09:13 PM
Love all the retards coming to defend the King Retard. Ralph, basedog and the hom0. Your King shall be fired. The wheels are in motion. I suggest you follow him when he does get fired. I said it would be this year before the season started. Let's see if I'm right. Again.

Number 1, I can assure you he isn't my king. 2, Cohen isn't getting fired if we make post season. 3, it is true your post ranks up there in the top 3-4 of the dumbest things I've ever read, and that's saying something.

basedog
03-26-2016, 09:14 PM

I don't defend everything Cohen does, again calling me a retard, dude u must have the "little man's disease? U post like I see you, our "little bitch",

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 09:14 PM
Not to mention they've never had to bunt in their lives and probably haven't even practiced it but a few times. If someone can't bunt, don't call a bunt. All other reasons aside. You don't draw up a Gavin Ware 3 play do you? No.

Gavin Ware comparison is awful on so many levels. If there was a shooting order in hoops, you Might be within a mile of having a point.

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:15 PM
It wasnt late in the game- it was the 6th inning. You dont give a guy an out thats walked 6 hitters already- struggling to find the plate. You dont bunt with the middle of your order unless its the bottom of the the last inning in a tie game- and even then its a maybe

You also don't bunt when a guy is throwing a no-hitter. Cause nobody can hit him. Only if you're trying for a hit with a bunt do you try it.

Bucky Dog
03-26-2016, 09:15 PM

How hard is it to understand that us that are bitching are saying we understand we will lose some games, but losing them due to dumb ass coaching is unacceptable. I have no problem if we lose games because we get out hit or pitching has a bad day or whatever, but when your coach bunts in the first inning today then with your cleanup hitter in the early innings and gives up outs, and runs, game after game, it's just unacceptable!

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:18 PM
I don't defend everything Cohen does, again calling me a retard, dude u must have the "little man's disease? U post like I see you, our "little bitch",

My horse cock doesn't even fit in your wife's airplane hangar of a pus$y. Ask around about it. It's well known.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Gavin Ware comparison is awful on so many levels. If there was a shooting order in hoops, you Might be within a mile of having a point.

Gavin can't shoot 3's. Don't call a play where he shoots a 3.
Kruger can't bunt real well. Don't call a play where he bunts.

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:20 PM
Number 1, I can assure you he isn't my king. 2, Cohen isn't getting fired if we make post season. 3, it is true your post ranks up there in the top 3-4 of the dumbest things I've ever read, and that's saying something.

With just one letter change your name turns into hom0dawg. Looks like you did about as much thinking when you named yourself as you do when you post anything ever.

basedog
03-26-2016, 09:21 PM
My horse cock doesn't even fit in your wife's airplane hangar of a pus$y. Ask around about it. It's well known.

No doubt you have the "little man's disease", what a little bitch u are!

Coach34
03-26-2016, 09:22 PM

Thats actually a really good analogy. We've asked Collins/Kruger to bunt 3 times in SEC play- 2 of those ended with K's

Bucky Dog
03-26-2016, 09:26 PM
And Coach the one last night I could go either way on. I disagreed with it as well but really didn't have too much of a problem with it, if that makes sense. Coach Les John Cohen Miles!!

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:28 PM
No doubt you have the "little man's disease", what a little bitch u are!

You type like a junior high girl just receiving her first period. You is spelled by hitting the y the o and the u consecutively to form the word "you". Replacing "you" with "u" is embarrassing yourself grandpa. Please sit back down in your retirement present your airplane hangar wife bought you.

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 09:29 PM
With just one letter change your name turns into hom0dawg. Looks like you did about as much thinking when you named yourself as you do when you post anything ever.

Solid rebuttal. So Cohen will be fired? Go on the record...your post wasn't ****ing stupid?... Like I said we make post season and zero percent chance Cohen gets fired wo an arrest.... But just a 62 does, post wo any info just stupidity.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 09:31 PM

If Gavin was "up" with 1 second left to shoot, and we're down 3....he shoots the 3. Poor comparison. Kruger bunted last night successfully. I agree it was dumb today, but to say _____ never bunts, is dumb. Its college baseball, and Kruger isn't Mark McGwire.

maroonmania
03-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Yes - It WAS.

You play to win...last nights was playing to win. Today's was a total wtf moment. You can't just say "never bunt _____, EVAH....in college baseball and it be fact. You play to win. F a certain player if he never wants to bunt. Do I agree with Cohen's incessant meddling & bunting? No. But last night's was fine, & you would agree if Cohen hadn't been the man that called it. You only pointed last night's out bc of Cohen's stupid bunt calls...but if you truly knew what you were talking about, you'd know last night's didn't fall under the dipshit category of bunting that several of Cohen's bunt calls fall under. You let your hatred of Cohen's style affect your judgement on that one. Today's was horrific though, no doubt.

I'm totally on board with you. When you don't bunt you are essentially saying I can get 2 hits before I make 3 outs to score a run. When you bunt you are asking for just one hit to score the run before you make the 3rd out. And those odds are good IF one run is really meaningful. Yesterday one run WAS meaningful, today it wasn't. It disturbs me that our head coach can't seem to differentiate the 2 different situations.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Thats actually a really good analogy. We've asked Collins/Kruger to bunt 3 times in SEC play- 2 of those ended with K's

No it's not. Not defending Cohen, just discussing how wrong you guys are about Lastnight & how awful these pathetic comparisons are. You have plenty of poor Cohen bunt decisions you could target, yet you ridiculously target one of the better ones. Figures.

shannondawg
03-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Fans boo when the coach sends in the punter for fourth and close.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm totally on board with you. When you don't bunt you are essentially saying I can get 2 hits before I make 3 outs to score a run. When you bunt you are asking for just one hit to score the run before you make the 3rd out. And those odds are good IF one run is really meaningful. Yesterday one run WAS meaningful, today it wasn't. It disturbs me that our head coach can't seem to differentiate the 2 different situations.

Maroonmania gets it.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 09:39 PM
If Gavin was "up" with 1 second left to shoot, and we're down 3....he shoots the 3. Poor comparison. Kruger bunted last night successfully. I agree it was dumb today, but to say _____ never bunts, is dumb. Its college baseball, and Kruger isn't Mark McGwire.

If we have 1 second left we don't call a play for Gavin to shoot a 3. It's about the play call!!!!! Not random, a coach's CALL!

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:39 PM
Solid rebuttal. So Cohen will be fired? Go on the record...your post wasn't ****ing stupid?... Like I said we make post season and zero percent chance Cohen gets fired wo an arrest.... But just a 62 does, post wo any info just stupidity.

Yup Cohen is getting fired. I've been on the record about that for awhile now. I predicted at the end of this season before the season started. It's possible I'm wrong about it being this year but it's definitely coming and definitely before we play our first game in the new stadium.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 09:40 PM

When you bunt one man over your odds of scoring drop from 49% to 47%. Any disagreement like you are exhibiting here is just saying **** math and logic.

smootness
03-26-2016, 09:43 PM
Yup Cohen is getting fired. I've been on the record about that for awhile now. I predicted at the end of this season before the season started. It's possible I'm wrong about it being this year but it's definitely coming and definitely before we play our first game in the new stadium.

Lulz

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:45 PM
When you bunt one man over your odds of scoring drop from 49% to 47%. Any disagreement like you are exhibiting here is just saying **** math and logic.

I wonder what the odds are you'll get a hit in an inning when you give away an out and the opposing pitcher has a no-hitter going in the 6th? That's why you don't bunt yesterday.

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Lulz

Rick Ray was laughing too

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 09:49 PM
I wonder what the odds are you'll get a hit in an inning when you give away an out and the opposing pitcher has a no-hitter going in the 6th? That's why you don't bunt yesterday.

Exactly. "Oh you're already dealing (and getting wild) lets help you with a free out!"

Myth: "Manufacturing" through bunting is required when your team is struggling at the plate
Fact: Bunting hurts but it hurts bad hitting teams more.

Homedawg

You predicted it at the end of this season before the season started? Huh??? And yea it's possible you are wrong. 90% possible. Which is about right.

basedog
You type like a junior high girl just receiving her first period. You is spelled by hitting the y the o and the u consecutively to form the word "you". Replacing "you" with "u" is embarrassing yourself grandpa. Please sit back down in your retirement present your airplane hangar wife bought you.

I would say U R my little bitch but there R way more saying U R there bitch! Dude U do have the little man disease bad!

Now go kiss UR little boyfriend and say good night!

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 09:51 PM
If you think Cohen is bad- Bianco had Dishon sac bunt when he was DOWN BY FOUR and the last two times I've seen LSU play they bunted in the second inning.

Bucky Dog
03-26-2016, 09:52 PM

But the inning of the game should also play into this. If I remember this happened in sixth inning last night. I personally think it's too early and didn't agree with it but didn't have a huge problem with it. Now if it's the 8th or maybe even the 7th I'm all for it.

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 09:53 PM
A now four page thread on bunting and our offense being bad. In a game where we allowed 11 runs and scored 8 not to mention having a home run stolen. Predictable.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 09:53 PM
If you think Cohen is bad- Bianco had Dishon sac bunt when he was DOWN BY FOUR and the last two times I've seen LSU play they bunted in the second inning.

Adding two retards into the mix doesn't make the mixture any smarter. I figured the head bunt defender would show up at some point.

Defending the bunt since 2011: Todd4Bunts

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 09:54 PM

Based on the hitters batting average- I'd guess somewhere 30-35% for most of our players.

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 09:55 PM

Clearly comparable situations. Nice logic.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 09:55 PM
A now four page thread on bunting and our offense being bad. In a game where we allowed 11 runs and scored 8 not to mention having a home run stolen. Predictable.

Same thing different season I see. Cohen can't pitch it for them. Cohen CALLS the bunts.

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 09:56 PM
You predicted it at the end of this season before the season started? Huh??? And yea it's possible you are wrong. 90% possible. Which is about right.

Before this season started I made the prediction that Cohen would be fired at the end of this season. Is it really that difficult for you to understand?

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 09:56 PM

Look back, I said the same, poured gas on the fire for the idiot.

Homedawg
03-26-2016, 09:57 PM
Before this season started I made the prediction that Cohen would be fired at the end of this season. Is it really that difficult for you to understand?

Well go read your first post. That's not what you said. Try proof reading or editing.

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 09:58 PM
Adding two retards into the mix doesn't make the mixture any smarter. I figured the head bunt defender would show up at some point.

Defending the bunt since 2011: Todd4Bunts

So, 8 runs is a bad offense? And I'm the "retard"? From the the guy that thinks you hit by looking for curveballs and then adjust to the fastball? Got it.

That's like Corky calling me retarded.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 09:59 PM
If we have 1 second left we don't call a play for Gavin to shoot a 3. It's about the play call!!!!! Not random, a coach's CALL!

Well Cohen doesn't get to bat Robson or Mangum in every bunt situation, thanks for proving my point. Last night we needed a run vs a guy no hitting us late in the game. Collins and Hump with a man in scoring position is our best chance, and Kruger just happened to be "up" at that point. Cohen did the right thing there.

Until you and Coach admit that there ARE times where a bunt is acceptable (even by one of your good hitters at times) in college baseball, you will never be accurate nor taken seriously about baseball. Simple as that. Cohen makes too many bonehead bunt calls, but last night wasn't one of them....arguing otherwise is simply wanting another thing to bitch at Cohen about.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:01 PM
So, 8 runs is a bad offense? And I'm the "retard"? From the the guy that thinks you hit by looking for curveballs and then adjust to the fastball? Got it.

That's like Corky calling me retarded.

Retard.

Again it's about MAXIMIZING your runs. Yeah 8 runs should be enough but like coach said sometimes you gotta win 51-50. When you are capable of scoring 11 but handcuff yourself into 8. That's a problem. Cohen can't pitch it for them. What can Cohen control? Calling ****ing bunts. Retard

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 10:03 PM
Look back, I said the same, poured gas on the fire for the idiot.

I did and I 100% agree with you.

It's an agenda at this point- and pretty laughable.

My other favorite gem from Will James was about how we shouldn't bunt because Cohen can't control the pitching- despite the fact that pitching statistically has a very distinct advantage over the hitters considering the best of the best are successful at it roughly 30%-35% of the time. I doubt we'll see any statical analysis in his favor on that.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:04 PM
Well Cohen doesn't get to bat Robson or Mangum in every bunt situation, thanks for proving my point. Last night we needed a run vs a guy no hitting us late in the game. Collins and Hump with a man in scoring position is our best chance, and Kruger just happened to be "up" at that point. Cohen did the right thing there.

Until you and Coach admit that there ARE times where a bunt is acceptable (even by one of your good hitters at times) in college baseball, you will never be accurate nor taken seriously about baseball. Simple as that. Cohen makes too many bonehead bunt calls, but last night wasn't one of them....arguing otherwise is simply wanting another thing to bitch at Cohen about.

It's about calling the right things with the right players holy shit.

By bunting Kruger we lessened our chances of scoring from 49% to 47%. How ****ing hard is that to understand.

Bunt Belmont late in the game if there is no other option to pinch hit (Cody Brown, Mangum, etc)

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 10:04 PM
I would say U R my little bitch but there R way more saying U R there bitch! Dude U do have the little man disease bad!

Now go kiss UR little boyfriend and say good night!

Every time you type I'm reminded the importance of staying in school past an elementary level. Please tell me you don't possess a degree from the same university as myself. If you do that's an embarrassment to all MSU alumni that you're walking around or hovering around in this country. I'll send you money to tell nobody you graduated from MSU if indeed that is the case.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:05 PM
I did and I 100% agree with you.

It's an agenda at this point- and pretty laughable.

My other favorite gem from Will James was about how we shouldn't bunt because Cohen can't control the pitching- despite the fact that pitching statistically has a very distinct advantage over the hitters considering the best of the best are successful at it roughly 30%-35% of the time. I doubt we'll see any statical analysis in his favor on that.

You are ****ing stupid and cannot comprehend written English.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:07 PM
We should have about 15 sac bunts during the year. Not 60.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 10:09 PM

By bunting Kruger we lessened our chances of scoring from 49% to 47%. How ****ing hard is that to understand.

Bunt Belmont late in the game if there is no other option to pinch hit (Cody Brown, Mangum, etc)

No we didn't. By bunting Kruger we increased our chances by a lot in THAT GAME. We were being no hit. Your Sabermetrucs don't always overrule key situations, like when you're being no hit and you have a chance at getting a RISP for your best hitters.

We can agree to disagree, bc until you quit thinking everything is stats based you'll never get it.

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 10:10 PM
Retard.

Again it's about MAXIMIZING your runs. Yeah 8 runs should be enough but like coach said sometimes you gotta win 51-50. When you are capable of scoring 11 but handcuff yourself into 8. That's a problem. Cohen can't pitch it for them. What can Cohen control? Calling ****ing bunts. Retard

Cohen also can't hit it for them. Cohen can control which pitchers he puts into the game however- which using statistical analysis does give us a better chance if they are used properly. Like not trying every freshman pitcher on the roster. Pitching is FAR more controlled than hitting because the pitching coach TELLS the pitcher what pitch to throw and decides which pitcher pitches.

And I will also say that if you score 8 runs a game you are going to win the majority of them. I don't give a damn how many times you bunt. 11 runs allowed by a pitching staff is simply unacceptable- and blaming a loss on a bunt in that situation is laughable at best.

smootness
03-26-2016, 10:12 PM

Double lulz

You're so far gone you honestly can't understand how insane you sound. Comparing Cohen to Ray, holy crap.

basedog
Every time you type I'm reminded the importance of staying in school past an elementary level. Please tell me you don't possess a degree from the same university as myself. If you do that's an embarrassment to all MSU alumni that you're walking around or hovering around in this country. I'll send you money to tell nobody you graduated from MSU if indeed that is the case.

Nothing like pissing off a little bitch, definitely shows why your boyfriend calls U Pee Wee!

Todd4State
You are ****ing stupid and cannot comprehend written English.

Simmer down and get a girlfriend. Preferably one that played softball so that she can actually teach you something about baseball.

And not surprising that this is your go to when you are wrong. Pitcher ALWAYS has the advantage statistically. Even if it's Ted Williams.

maroonmania
03-26-2016, 10:13 PM

Well I haven't done statistical research and I'm not sure how those numbers you quoted were attained but 8 or 9 out of 10 managers would bunt in the late innings of a game like yesterday if the leadoff man got on. I find it hard to rail against Cohen for something the vast majority of baseball coaches would do.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 10:15 PM

So pinch hit Belmont for Kruger? He doesn't get to choose who hits, & u don't take Kruger's bat out in the 6th.

Dawg62
No we didn't. By bunting Kruger we increased our chances by a lot in THAT GAME.

That's simply not true. Because the pitcher was above average it actually hurt our chances more than normal. Your thinking is flawed.

CadaverDawg
We should have about 15 sac bunts during the year. Not 60.

I agree, but lastnight's could be one of the 15. Today's never should happen.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:16 PM
So pinch hit Belmont for Kruger? He doesn't get to choose who hits, & u don't take Kruger's bat out in the 6th.

Can you read? You asked for a time when to bunt. I said that time would be with Belmont late in the game if there are no other options available off the bench.

CadaverDawg
That's simply not true. Because the pitcher was above average it actually hurt our chances more than normal. Your thinking is flawed.

No you're wrong. Sorry

CadaverDawg
Can you read? You asked for a time when to bunt. I said that time would be with Belmont late in the game if there are no other options available off the bench.

I didn't ask shit. I KNOW. It was a good time to

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 10:17 PM
Based on the hitters batting average- I'd guess somewhere 30-35% for most of our players.

Wut? A .350 hitter doesn't hit .350 if all he's facing is a pitcher whose given up no hits. Damn did you really just type that? Haha

msstate7
03-26-2016, 10:19 PM
Speaking of bunting... Bama just bunted runner to 2nd with 1 out down 2 in the 7th.

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 10:21 PM
Wut? A .350 hitter doesn't hit .350 if all he's facing is a pitcher whose given up no hits. Damn did you really just type that? Haha

I'm speaking in very broad general terms against all pitchers both good and bad.

But to your point, if you have a hitter that does not hit a pitcher very well- let's say .125 against a certain pitcher it might make sense to have the player bunt in that case. I still wouldn't have a guy like Kruger bunt but a guy that is not a power hitter it would make sense.

Coach34
I agree, but lastnight's could be one of the 15. Today's never should happen.

I'll track how this plays out- but the top 4 teams right now in Sac bunts are 1st, 5th, ninth, and 14th in the SEC in runs scored

Dawg62
Well I haven't done statistical research and I'm not sure how those numbers you quoted were attained but 8 or 9 out of 10 managers would bunt in the late innings of a game like yesterday if the leadoff man got on. I find it hard to rail against Cohen for something the vast majority of baseball coaches would do.

Great argument lol. I see the numbers but my anecdotal evidence trumps it. Fool.

And no most would not have bunted Kruger. And no, the 6th is not late in the game. Fool.

http://www.boydsworld.com/data/ert.html

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:24 PM
I'll track how this plays out- but the top 4 teams right now in Sac bunts are 1st, 5th, ninth, and 14th in the SEC in runs scored

Not going to be a meaningful correlation

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:25 PM
Speaking of bunting... Bama just bunted runner to 2nd with 1 out down 2 in the 7th.

Just because two retards do something doesn't mean it's not retarded.

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 10:26 PM
Great argument lol. I see the numbers but my anecdotal evidence trumps it. Fool.

And no most would not have bunted Kruger. And no, the 6th is not late in the game. Fool.

I see that Boyd neglected to mention the absolutely dead baseballs that were used in 2011-2012. I'm sure that had no effect on the runs being down at all.

maroonmania
03-26-2016, 10:27 PM

Ok, if you are going to act like a prick about it then I'm done with having a conversation with you. Will just leave it that any idiot who has watched baseball over a lifetime would know that IN THAT SITUATION the majority of managers would move the runner over.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:27 PM
No you're wrong. Sorry

Why don't you prove it.

See: our 2012 SEC bunting. We bunted a man to 2nd 32 times and only scored 6 times. Pathetically absurd. Why? Couldn't hit. Against better pitching or with worse hitting bunting is MORE harmful.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 10:28 PM
I'm done arguing with people that don't know baseball can be situational. It's not always cut and dry. Someone that relies solely on sabermetrics will never understand situational baseball. When you're facing a guy dealing a no hitter through 6, you don't just rely on the laws of sabermetrics to average out in order to win...sometimes you have to mix things up and try to manufacture something on offense. That is baseball...especially college baseball.

I agree that Cohen bunts FAR too often, so I'm not defending his style...it sucks and pisses me off. But last night had nothing to do with style, and everything to do with situation in my mind. Cohen may have been doing it just to Cohen, but it was acceptable given the situation.

Today was totally different. THAT was Cohening, and it was the worst cohening I've seen.

Some people let their dislike of Cohen's scheme affect their entire mindset during EVERY situation of EVERY game. Those people will not be happy until we win a Natty without anyone sac bunting all year except our 9 hole hitter 2-3 times. So they will NEVER be happy until Cohen is gone. I'm not arguing them anymore, but I will state that they're wrong when they're wrong.

It is what it is. Oh, and there are few players in college baseball that are totally immune to bunting. None reside on our team. And they would ALL tell you they would gladly lay one down to win a game. That's guys that play the game, not just read a book and watch MoneyBall. Y'all have fun arguing.

Dawg61
Nothing like pissing off a little bitch, definitely shows why your boyfriend calls U Pee Wee!

Did you tell your wife thank you for typing that last message for you? Maybe y'all were able to share a laugh together for the first time since you dropped your pants 3 years ago in front of her. Keep it up and you might just get a treat tonight after Golden Girls is done.

Dawg62
Ok, if you are going to act like a prick about it then I'm done with having a conversation with you. Will just leave it that any idiot who has watched baseball over a lifetime would know that IN THAT SITUATION the majority of managers would move the runner over.

So you failed math, logic, statistics, AND debate.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:29 PM
Bunting one man over in the 6th inning with Lon Kruger is the wrong call 100% of the time. Even if we were playing a 7 inning game.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2016, 10:29 PM

Your point? Nobody is saying we don't sac bunt too much. We sac bunt WAY too much and I hate it. Don't change the subject and debate. Nobody is saying we don't sac bunt to much or that Cohen doesn't meddle too much. Let's make that clear.

msstate7
03-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Just because two retards do something doesn't mean it's not retarded.

Fwiw, bama tied the game 2 batters later after Tennessee walked the next hitter

Todd4State
03-26-2016, 10:32 PM
I'm done arguing with people that don't know baseball can be situational. It's not always cut and dry. Someone that relies solely on sabermetrics will never understand situational baseball. When you're facing a guy dealing a no hitter through 6, you don't just rely on the laws of sabermetrics to average out in order to win...sometimes you have to mix things up and try to manufacture something on offense. That is baseball...especially college baseball.

I agree that Cohen bunts FAR too often, so I'm not defending his style...it sucks and pisses me off. But last night had nothing to do with style, and everything to do with situation in my mind. Cohen may have been doing it just to Cohen, but it was acceptable given the situation.

Today was totally different. THAT was Cohening, and it was the worst cohening I've seen.

Some people let their dislike of Cohen's scheme affect their entire mindset during EVERY situation of EVERY game. Those people will not be happy until we win a Natty without anyone sac bunting all year except our 9 hole hitter 2-3 times. So they will NEVER be happy until Cohen is gone. I'm not arguing them anymore, but I will state that they're wrong when they're wrong.

It is what it is. Oh, and there are few players in college baseball that are totally immune to bunting. None reside on our team. And they would ALL tell you they would gladly lay one down to win a game. That's guys that play the game, not just read a book and watch MoneyBall. Y'all have fun arguing.

This is a damn strong post.

I need to spread some more rep points before I give you some more my friend.

maroonmania
03-26-2016, 10:34 PM

Exactly, like MOST of the time you haven't gone the first 5 innings without getting even ONE hit. So yesterday was not a common situation.

basedog
03-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Did you tell your wife thank you for typing that last message for you? Maybe y'all were able to share a laugh together for the first time since you dropped your pants 3 years ago in front of her. Keep it up and you might just get a treat tonight after Golden Girls is done.

Dawg61LittleBitch, why don't U go kiss UR boyfriend and tell him to stop texting me about me calling U Pee Wee!

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 10:40 PM
Sorry but I've never heard of another coach bunting to move a player over in the 6th inning vs a guy his entire team hasn't gotten a single hit off of yet. Maybe in the 8th or 9th you do that but since your team is currently hitting .000 vs the guy you don't give away another out.

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 10:45 PM
Dawg61LittleBitch, why don't U go kiss UR boyfriend and tell him to stop texting me about me calling U Pee Wee!

Everyone's eyes thank you for two consecutive posts without you misspelling half the words. (not counting your trolling use of U and UR)

smootness
03-26-2016, 10:47 PM
This is just a lovely thread. Who are the moderators here again?

Intramural All-American
03-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Sorry but I've never heard of another coach bunting to move a player over in the 6th inning vs a guy his entire team hasn't gotten a single hit off of yet. Maybe in the 8th or 9th you do that but since your team is currently hitting .000 vs the guy you don't give away another out.

So you just expect the guys to get more than 1 hit instead? You're so dumb.

Dawg62
03-26-2016, 10:53 PM

Do you give Alabama's defense a free down? Guarantee Bama would take us starting every drive at 2nd down and 8.

Stupid ****ing can't understand statistics retard

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 10:56 PM
This is just a lovely thread. Who are the moderators here again?

Actually threads like this are exactly what some posters need to communicate better with each other. Might not appear that way to you at first glance but go back and look at homedawg's last message towards me for example. It's no longer rude and lacking respect. Sometimes men just need to go at it for awhile. Let it play out instead of calling for a mod.

Dawg61
03-26-2016, 10:57 PM

By your logic you would certainly see more managers bunting vs no-hitters in the 6th then. So why don't you?

Coach34
03-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Lets resume this after the next game he does this stupid shit