PDA

View Full Version : Watching replay of BB game...

TStationDawg
03-24-2016, 11:37 PM
....has Wyatt been taking lessons from Pelphrey????? He's almost unbearable to listen to!!! Can we just overdub his comments with the Vandy whistler? MIGHT be more palatable!

TStationDawg
03-24-2016, 11:53 PM
Literally- Matt. STFU.

War Machine Dawg
03-25-2016, 12:23 AM
Serious question: Why in the hell is Matt even in the booth for baseball? Did he even play in HS? Regardless, you would think with all the baseball alumni we've put out through the years we could get one or two in the booth with Bart. I'm not talking any huge names like Raffy, but what about a Matt Brinson, Cliff Wren, Matt Maniscalco, etc.? Surely there's someone out there that would like to sit in the booth and talk baseball every spring who at least knows what the hell he's talking about. Matt Wyatt is completely clueless and needs to stick to football.

WPDawg
03-25-2016, 06:14 AM
Wyatt does a good job which is to add some color to the broadcast of play by play. If you are looking for someone like Joe Morgan to explain every little baseball detail and the methods breakdown, then thats not him but to me the joe Morgan types make for a boring broadcast of constant over analyzing every little thing.

msstate7
03-25-2016, 06:19 AM
Wyatt does a good job which is to add some color to the broadcast of play by play. If you are looking for someone like Joe Morgan to explain every little baseball detail and the methods breakdown, then thats not him but to me the joe Morgan types make for a boring broadcast of constant over analyzing every little thing.

I don't expect a lot out of Matt, but I expect him know things like inherited runners don't count on Ethan small's era when they score. That was embarrassing...

WPDawg
03-25-2016, 07:21 AM
I don't expect a lot out of Matt, but I expect him know things like inherited runners don't count on Ethan small's era when they score. That was embarrassing...
Embarrassing may be a stretch but none the less, he seems like someone when it gets brought to his attention, will man up and say yep you are right and he gets it right next time.

smootness
03-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Embarrassing may be a stretch but none the less, he seems like someone when it gets brought to his attention, will man up and say yep you are right and he gets it right next time.

A baseball color analyst shouldn't be learning the basic rules of the game on the fly.

WPDawg
03-25-2016, 08:26 AM
A baseball color analyst shouldn't be learning the basic rules of the game on the fly.

I get it. If you are a baseball purist or keeping up with your own scorebook, it drives you crazy. Does not bother me even if I knew he slipped up. Just is not that important. Wyatt brings a MSU feel to the broadcast because of all the people he has known and can relate stories to since coming to MSU plus he talks about things connected to the game or players (other than the stats) that makes it interesting. And I am not related to or have ever met the man. Just my opinion.

maroonmania
03-25-2016, 08:45 AM

Just calling it like it is, I would be willing to bet anything that the reason Matt Wyatt is doing the color is that he is already on the payroll and at least has some experience broadcasting. If they brought in someone new just to do baseball color it might actually cost a few extra dollars.

ZedFedder
03-25-2016, 08:58 AM
Matt does a fine job to me. I did hear the ERA comment but he does well enough.

Zildjan
03-25-2016, 08:59 AM
I'm sure there are network reasons, but why in the hell are we not able to just use Jim Ellis' audio when watching a game? You can't just "turn on the radio" because the delay is between 30 and 40 seconds. This should be a simple fix. I know some don't like Jim but I'd venture to say he is quite a bit better than the buffoons we put on television broadcasts.

confucius say
03-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Matt actually knows baseball pretty well. He did make a mistake. But he gets a lot of the nuances of the game, more than I thought he would.

AFDawg
03-25-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure Wyatt did play high school baseball.

RocketCityDawg
03-25-2016, 10:31 AM
I do want to see Bart race Robson though. I love that he keeps bringing that up.

CadaverDawg
03-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Jim say that was like the "Sext" mistake Matt's made in the last few games.***