PDA

View Full Version : Yet another example of UNM delusion

blacklistedbully
03-24-2016, 11:24 AM
So, there is a post on RedCupRebellion about the dustup UNM had vs UT in baseball. They show the video of the altercation, then go on & on about how their player, Bortles single-handedly scared off 3 UT players, who, "wisely retreated when Bortles stepped up to protect his teammate".

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZrhrzJP9c

Watch the video and you will see the truth:

1) The UT catcher is clearly running interference for his pitcher, not trying to be intimidating.
2) The UT players do not, "step off" because they are scared of UNM's Bartles", rather because a UNM coach starts pushing his own player away & the umpire & officiating crew steps in between and directs the UT players to back off.

But just check out the way they portray it on their website, both in the article and the comments section. They LOVE to think of themselves as badass. D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L!!

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016/3/23/11279280/ole-miss-tennessee-baseball-yelling-video-mike-bianco-dave-serrano

Tbonewannabe
03-24-2016, 11:40 AM
I didn't see anything that interesting in the video. Pretty much looks like the umps broke it up immediately. It really wasn't that interesting.

blacklistedbully
03-24-2016, 11:44 AM
I didn't see anything that interesting in the video. Pretty much looks like the umps broke it up immediately. It really wasn't that interesting.

Yeah, the video is nothing special. What makes it noteworthy, IMO is how UNM fans reacted to it. How they can watch that video and come up with the idea that it makes them look heroic or bad-ass is baffling, but not atypical.

fmbdawg17
03-24-2016, 11:45 AM
Pretty sure that article was satire. Could be wrong though

msstate7
03-24-2016, 11:46 AM

Didn't read, but they do use satire... The Malik one last year was outstanding

MSUDeltadawg1971
Only thing I saw from that video is that the one size fits all hat didn't fit the melon head of the cop in the OM dugout.
Other than that I didnt see anyone back down because of any player.

blacklistedbully

There is satire on the part of the writer, but not so much on the part of the fans commenting. Also, though the writer does employ satire, he appears to be serious when he writes this part:

"The umpires deserve some credit (or blame, depending on what you want to see) for breaking up the fight, but Colby Bortles simply striding in front of the three Tennessee players shuts this thing down in about .25 seconds (most notably the catcher, who would've been the initial sacrifice). A smart business decision by the Volunteer three."

blacklistedbully
03-24-2016, 11:59 AM
Some of the fan comments:

That catcher went from chest out storming towards Errol to tails tucked between the legs, "Guys we should probably get out of here"

And what's funny is that Bortles didn't bow up or anything. He just calmly stepped onto the dirt to just establish his presence.

What was funny to me was if you look at Bortles he never moved toward the altercation. It moved to him and he just stood his ground. Everyone calmed down when they got to him.

Seriously, how can anyone of sound mind look at that video and believe the crap these tools believe? It is indicative of their frame of mind. They can twist reality to make it fit their pre-conceived notion of what UNM is. They are sheep, so utterly brain-washed to buy into, "the Glory of Ole Miss" that they can, "see" stuff that's just not there.

BeardoMSU
03-24-2016, 12:05 PM

Which, in itself, is classic OM: turn something trivial into big news.

Mjoelner34
03-24-2016, 12:12 PM
Which, in itself, is classic OM: turn something trivial into big news.

And vise versa if the news is bad.

CottonDog
03-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Old Erroll throwing in some f bombs haha

BossDawg
03-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Yeah, the video is nothing special. What makes it noteworthy, IMO is how UNM fans reacted to it. How they can watch that video and come up with the idea that it makes them look heroic or bad-ass is baffling, but not atypical.

Yet, they are oh so "classy" and above rambunctious behavior like that.

ETA: ****

gravedigger
03-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Seriously, how can anyone of sound mind look at that video and believe the crap these tools believe? It is indicative of their frame of mind. They can twist reality to make it fit their pre-conceived notion of what place your most hated political party name here is. They are sheep, so utterly brain-washed to buy into.....(the party line) that they can, "see" stuff that's just not there.

I think I know the answer...

Dawg61
03-24-2016, 08:21 PM
I couldn't see anything I was blinded by those Tennessee uniforms

Political Hack
03-24-2016, 09:39 PM
If they think that makes them tough, we should fair well against them next weekend.

blacklistedbully
03-25-2016, 04:51 PM
Ole Miss fans already talking about this thread on Red Cup Rebellion and at least Rivals. Who knows how many other sites. But more proof they keep a constant eye on ED. Click and ad, mofo's!

Oh, and as expected, they post lies so it will fit their agenda. Very telling when they can't compete without lying. Here's a few remarks:

CLICK AN AD, YOU ELITE DAWG ****ERS!!!!!!!!!!
…or just join the conversation…

We don’t mind fans of other schools participating

You know what's gonna suck? If Ole Miss goes on probation....AND WE STILL KICK YOUR ASS!!!!!!!!

by tuk u 2 on Mar 24, 2016 | 12:38 PM reply

They're scared to join the conversation.
They are incapable of processing snark and sarcasm. This is all SUPER SERIAL!

by ManBearReb on Mar 24, 2016 | 3:29 PM up reply

OleMiss_Logo
Yo, blacklisted, pull out a dictionary and search for "satire" and then "exaggeration."
You just might learn some things.

by OleMiss_Logo on Mar 24, 2016 | 1:13 PM reply

OleMiss_Logo
Blacklisted created a thread on ED about "UNM delusion"
Other posters pointed out it’s satire and he is dumb. He doubled down and started posting quotes from the comments. It died at 10 comments.

by OleMiss_Logo on Mar 24, 2016 | 3:59 PM up reply

I wish I'd said something crazy enough to get quoted over there.
"Ma'am, it's Thursday. We've done all the drugs."

by 901_Reb on Mar 24, 2016 | 4:01 PM up reply

ED
Wait wait, so Elitedawgs said this article is why we were delusional!? HAHA, that’s gotta be an ole miss troll over there, no one is that stupid..or are they?

by obiwanjahbroni on Mar 24, 2016 | 2:28 PM reply

yes

by tuk u 2 on Mar 24, 2016 | 2:52 PM up reply

It's blacklisted. He's one of the more "out there" of State fans.
His posts make me chuckle. Especially the ones where he reads something on NAFOOM, and instead of responding to it on NAFOOM, he creates a new thread on ED so that Ole Miss people can’t call him stupid.

He predicted that MSU football would go 12-0 last season, considering @A&M, @FAuburn, and Bama to be "potential losses". After picking every game as a win, though, he then added this paragraph to give himself wiggle room:
So, as far as overall record, though I consider each game one we should win, I acknowledge there may well be a game or 2 where we screw-the-pooch, or get shafted, or lose to a team that is nearly as good as I expect us to be, and either proves to be a little better, a little healthier, a little luckier, or some combination. 9-3 should be a minimum expectation, 12-0 within the realm of possibility if we play our best vs LSU, Auburn, TAMU, & Bama, and limit our mistakes vs Mo, UK, UPig and UNM. Optimist in me says 11-1 (7-1), pessimist says 9-3 (5-3), so I’ll split the diff and go with 10-2 (6-2) regular season with a win in one of the big bowls to finish 11-2 and in the Top 5.
He also predicted their 2016 baseball team would have 41 wins before the SECT. Since they are currently 15-2, they would have to go 26-8 over their remaining 34 games to get to 41 wins. If they sweep the midweek games remaining, then they would have to go 19-8 over the remaining 27 SEC games, putting them at 21-9 overall in the SEC. That would be 3 games better than Cohen’s best SEC record, and a full NINE games better than his average SEC record.

Included in that baseball prediction were only 2 nonconference losses over the entire season. They lost 2 in the opening weekend…

He is the type of fan that thinks that every year they are the best team to ever play in the sport, but he will call Ole Miss fans delusional for joking about a near-fight in a baseball game that we won…

by OleMiss_Logo on Mar 24, 2016 | 3:24 PM up reply

JDog13
03-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Anyone else thinks Errol looks like a feather duster?

blacklistedbully
03-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Anyone else thinks Errol looks like a feather duster?

:D

blacklistedbully
05-22-2016, 01:43 AM
Ole Miss fans already talking about this thread on Red Cup Rebellion and at least Rivals. Who knows how many other sites. But more proof they keep a constant eye on ED. Click and ad, mofo's!

Oh, and as expected, they post lies so it will fit their agenda. Very telling when they can't compete without lying. Here's a few remarks:

It's blacklisted. He's one of the more "out there" of State fans.
His posts make me chuckle.

He predicted that their 2016 baseball team would have 41 wins before the SECT. Since they are currently 15-2, they would have to go 26-8 over their remaining 34 games to get to 41 wins. If they sweep the midweek games remaining, then they would have to go 19-8 over the remaining 27 SEC games, putting them at 21-9 overall in the SEC. That would be 3 games better than Cohen’s best SEC record, and a full NINE games better than his average SEC record.

by OleMiss_Logo on Mar 24, 2016 | 3:24 PM up reply

How you like me now, you Ole Miss bitch?! Click a ****in' ad, loser!

Skydawg1
05-22-2016, 01:56 AM
Anyone else thinks Errol looks like a feather duster?Ole Error Robinson looks just like a feather duster the Ole Miss would have her servant dust off the buffet with moments before the NCAA arrives for dinner.