PDA

View Full Version : OT-Twitter

shannondawg
03-24-2016, 10:02 AM
I joined a long time ago, but all I saw was a bunch of post in foreign languages some in chinese, arabic, or others I had no idea who they were and could care less about. So I just didn't go there.

Since it seems that a good bit of sports info in on there , how do I get rid of all these people it looks like Im following , which I don't want to follow and get the folks I would like to see?

Need some help here!

Ralph
03-24-2016, 10:05 AM
If you go to the "Me" tab you can then click on "Following". This will be your list of people you follow. If you don't want to follow someone, just click the blue box to the right of their name.

Political Hack
03-24-2016, 10:11 AM
There's also a search function. You can look up "HailState" and probably get a lot of people to follow just through that alone. As you see others re-tweet things or quote other people's tweets you can elect to follow them as well.

It's basically building your own news feed.

03-24-2016, 10:28 AM
There's also a search function. You can look up "HailState" and probably get a lot of people to follow just through that alone. As you see others re-tweet things or quote other people's tweets you can elect to follow them as well.

It's basically building your own news feed.

Folks on here may also have a shared list that you can subscribe to. That would get you off the ground quickly.

For instance here is a list created by the HailState account. Once you open it, click Subscribe and you will get updates from across all State athletics.
https://twitter.com/hailstate/lists/hailstate

MSUDawg99
03-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Is your Twitter language set to "English" & not Bangladesh or some other weird language? Honestly, Twitter is best news source for sports & otherwise. It's a wealth of info from sports to weather to current events all in one place.

Some good MSU people to follow are (putting my Capt Obvious hat on here!)
Hailstate Football
HailState Baseball
HailState Men's Basketball (& wbk)
Softball
Bob Carskadon
Scott Stricklin
Steve Robertson
Bulldog Sports Radio (hush C34!)
Anthony Dixon (for shits & giggles)
MSU athletes, etc.

But you can find all these by going to say someone like Scott S. or Carskadon's Twitter & looking under their "follow" list. Twitter will also offer suggestions. I know that was more than you wanted to know.

shannondawg
03-24-2016, 01:01 PM
Its a wonder homeland security hasn't come after my ass, with all the arab folk I been following. I'm down to 1100 from 1500, I started out with this morning. In going thru who I was following and no idea why, I haven't run across a single friend that I didn't up and follow myself.

Taog Redloh
03-24-2016, 01:41 PM
I joined a long time ago, but all I saw was a bunch of post in foreign languages some in chinese, arabic, or others I had no idea who they were and could care less about. So I just didn't go there.

Since it seems that a good bit of sports info in on there , how do I get rid of all these people it looks like Im following , which I don't want to follow and get the folks I would like to see?

Need some help here!

I guess I am the only one here who thinks you might just be a little, eh, to be nice, slow or attention seeking.

So....you started following twitter a long time ago, suddenly got a bunch of friends out of nowhere, and the languages were all weird? Do you really not understand where it all came from? And maybe, just maybe, your language is set for something other than English (curious again how this got that way)?

I hope it's because you have kids messing with your phone or something, because it's really not that difficult.

03-24-2016, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I am betting your account was compromised. Better change the password or either just start with a fresh account since you have never used it before.

MSUDawg99
03-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Its a wonder homeland security hasn't come after my ass, with all the arab folk I been following. I'm down to 1100 from 1500, I started out with this morning. In going thru who I was following and no idea why, I haven't run across a single friend that I didn't up and follow myself.

Ha. Why were you following Arabs?

MSUDawg99
03-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I am betting your account was compromised. Better change the password or either just start with a fresh account since you have never used it before.

Good idea

shannondawg
03-24-2016, 01:49 PM
I guess I am the only one here who thinks you might just be a little, eh, to be nice, slow or attention seeking.

So....you started following twitter a long time ago, suddenly got a bunch of friends out of nowhere, and the languages were all weird? Do you really not understand where it all came from? And maybe, just maybe, your language is set for something other than English (curious again how this got that way)?

I hope it's because you have kids messing with your phone or something, because it's really not that difficult.

It was set to english, just showing a lot of foreign language people posts, most were in english. but no one I knew or cared to know.

It was just not interest to me, until guys on here started posting about msu stuff on twitter, and I decided to give it another try,

i sure won't follow you, you can rest assured of that.

MSUDawg99
03-24-2016, 01:56 PM
It was set to english, just showing a lot of foreign language people posts, most were in english. but no one I knew or cared to know.

It was just not interest to me, until guys on here started posting about msu stuff on twitter, and I decided to give it another try,

i sure won't follow you, you can rest assured of that.

Most people on msg boards don't go by the same name on Twitter so

shannondawg
03-24-2016, 02:12 PM
I'm just going to finish up on unfollowing all these people I don't care about , and see if that ends it, if not , will start another account.

i will say this, found some pretty interesting folk on there, one gal just shows her butt in various poses, And not a bad one at that.

Dawg61
03-24-2016, 04:10 PM
I'm just going to finish up on unfollowing all these people I don't care about , and see if that ends it, if not , will start another account.

i will say this, found some pretty interesting folk on there, one gal just shows her butt in various poses, And not a bad one at that.

Lol seasoned people just can't quite understand what Twitter is. Here's my advice. Delete your account completely. Start a new one. Don't follow anyone yet. Then message us here and we'll give you a good list of people to follow so you no longer are following @ArabHorseCocks

War Machine Dawg
03-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Lol seasoned people just can't quite understand what Twitter is. Here's my advice. Delete your account completely. Start a new one. Don't follow anyone yet. Then message us here and we'll give you a good list of people to follow so you no longer are following @ArabHorseCocks

I'd recommend this. Just nuke it and start over. We can give you a list of people to follow. Several of us here are pretty active on the Twittah Machine.

shannondawg
03-24-2016, 06:22 PM
I just went thru and unfollowed all the undesirables and will see how it goes. I kept a few like college babes, and a few others. I'm down to 130 now.

I think I might have gotten emails thru the years and followed a lot of friends, cause they are showing up, and I don't even remember doing it. even Rick Stansbury is one of them. He was talking about Twany Beckham, that how old that was.

If you would give me a list of ones that I should follow , give em to me and I'll follow em. Especially some of you on edawgs that would like me to. Give em to me in a pm, if you don't want to do it public and I'll give you mine.

I still don't know what # means. Hash tag?

Thanks for all the help, if Cadaverdog hadn't been talking about getting after the CL , I never would have bothered.

IMissJack
03-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Different question, how do you get rid of people or organizations that follow you, but you never heard of them?

archdog
03-24-2016, 07:43 PM
It only shows people you follow or those people's retweets.

archdog
03-24-2016, 07:44 PM
Click on their names, and then hit "Unfollow".

Dawg61
03-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Hashtag groups similar twats together. #oldpeopleontwitter

Dawgtini
03-25-2016, 04:53 AM

Be sure to mention your disdain for old people at the next staff meeting or interview. One of us old people will stop giving you a job....and then poorly tweet about it. #suckitwhipersnapper

Coach34
03-25-2016, 07:43 AM
I hate I hadnt read this thread yet- hilarious

Shannondawg- follow me- @Elitedawg34. Then click on the group I follow- it includes alot of good State people. Go thru click follow on those that interest you.

Dawg61
03-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Be sure to mention your disdain for old people at the next staff meeting or interview. One of us old people will stop giving you a job....and then poorly tweet about it. #suckitwhipersnapper

Pretty sure you got that scenario backwards Matlock and I'm gonna need you to stop bringing your typewriter and house phone to work. Thx

Ralph
03-25-2016, 08:08 AM

What's her screen name?*

bhamdawgfan
03-25-2016, 08:39 AM
I just went thru and unfollowed all the undesirables and will see how it goes. I kept a few like college babes, and a few others. I'm down to 130 now.

I think I might have gotten emails thru the years and followed a lot of friends, cause they are showing up, and I don't even remember doing it. even Rick Stansbury is one of them. He was talking about Twany Beckham, that how old that was.

If you would give me a list of ones that I should follow , give em to me and I'll follow em. Especially some of you on edawgs that would like me to. Give em to me in a pm, if you don't want to do it public and I'll give you mine.

I still don't know what # means. Hash tag?

Thanks for all the help, if Cadaverdog hadn't been talking about getting after the CL , I never would have bothered.

Might want to update your password as well.

Dawg61
03-25-2016, 08:58 AM
Speaking of twatter check this out. TayTweets is alive and she's got a LOT to say!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nottheonion/comments/4btpmn/microsoft_pulls_plug_after_chat_robot_slings/

Be careful. Very NSFW and you might piss yourself laughing.

MSUDawg99
03-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Different question, how do you get rid of people or organizations that follow you, but you never heard of them?

If you don't want them following you, then block them & then turn around & unblock them. It will knock them off your followers list.

MSUDawg99
03-25-2016, 09:10 AM

Niiiiice

shannondawg
03-26-2016, 08:40 AM
What's her screen name?*

Did some searching, Its Bubble Butt Girl and its spectacular! . Also found Big Butt Girl, but thats up to you.

starkvegasdawg
03-26-2016, 09:14 AM
What's her screen name?*

@aceyrobertsgonefishing