PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss blog attacks M&WN, and the rebuttal

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Well I woke up this morning only to find some dumb OM blog had tried to tear me to pieces. So naturally I couldn't help but do the same back to them, and thought I'd share with y'all.

Here's their BS: http://olerebelblog.com/ole-miss-continues-to-be-called-the-c-word/

Here's my amazing writing*: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/?p=6066

side note - it is me that wrote that, for some reason I was logged in under Dirty Panda and didn't realize it until I was finished writing the piece...and it was way to many links and pics to redo. Hope you enjoy.

biscuit
08-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Gotta love it.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Your definition of statics is wrong

Statics- the class responsible for most engineering school washouts.

sorantable
08-14-2013, 09:45 AM
what the **** is statics?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-14-2013, 09:50 AM
As much time as you spend on the internet one would think you could do a simple google search...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statics

HereComesTheSpiral
08-14-2013, 09:51 AM

A class that deals with shit that doesn't move

FlabLoser
08-14-2013, 09:51 AM
A study of forces and reactions on things that are assumed not to bend, compress, or stretch.

DawgInMemphis
08-14-2013, 09:53 AM

The opposite of dynamics.

Ronny
08-14-2013, 10:10 AM
...is the current mode of Rebel Nation, as well as the specific thing that will ultimately bring them down hard:

Note: This is not meant to be political; it's meant to place in context the current strategy of Hugh Freeze & his loyal associates...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0983114005/ref=dp_otherviews/177-2706678-7002348?ie=UTF8&color_name=x

Another note: If any of you cyber-artists can work your photo-shop magic place Hugh's face in place of Nixon's on that cover, I for one would find that extremely hilarious.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-14-2013, 10:13 AM
A study of forces and reactions on things that are assumed not to bend, compress, or stretch.

Don't forget the moments

Behrdawg
08-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Well I woke up this morning only to find some dumb OM blog had tried to tear me to pieces. So naturally I couldn't help but do the same back to them, and thought I'd share with y'all.

Here's their BS: http://olerebelblog.com/ole-miss-continues-to-be-called-the-c-word/

Here's my amazing writing*: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/?p=6066

side note - it is me that wrote that, for some reason I was logged in under Dirty Panda and didn't realize it until I was finished writing the piece...and it was way to many links and pics to redo. Hope you enjoy.

I'm laughing my ass off in Starbucks right now.

SheltonChoked
08-14-2013, 11:13 AM
The worst most boring class in the Engineering department.

For all of you Civil/ Structural people, I'm sorry.

Ok really I'm not. Someone has to design someting to hold all my shit up.

Hair of the Dawg
08-14-2013, 11:14 AM
SOOOO......am I missing something here? Was this part supposed to be a clever joke?

your site is bringing columns to your readers based on facts and statics, and then turn your whole purgative around.

Did he actually mean "prerogative" or am I just missing that joke? Because "purgative" and "prerogative" are in no way the same thing.

PURGATIVE
adj.
Tending to cleanse or purge, especially causing evacuation of the bowels.
n.
A purgative agent or medicine; a cathartic.

PREROGATIVE
a : an exclusive or special right, power, or privilege: as (1) : one belonging to an office or an official body (2) : one belonging to a person, group, or class of individuals (3) : one possessed by a nation as an attribute of sovereignty

hacker
08-14-2013, 11:36 AM
That Yancy screenshot looks photoshopped as hell. Sorry.

FISHDAWG
08-14-2013, 11:40 AM
or TEAR and SHEAR

HereComesTheSpiral
08-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Vibrations with Dr Patton beats statics as the most boring class.

sandwolf
08-14-2013, 12:28 PM

The one of the message from Yancy on OM Spirit? I don't know if that particular screenshot was photoshopped or not, but I tend to think that it isn't because it is pretty common knowledge that Yancy was consistently saying this during the 6 months prior to it happening.

Buddy
08-14-2013, 12:30 PM

I actually enjoyed Statics. Now Thermodynamics and Electrical Engineering Systems, not so much. I guess
that's why I'm a Civil Engineer.

SheltonChoked
08-14-2013, 12:58 PM
I cannot say I enjoyed EE Systems, but to me, it was not as mind numbing as Statics.

Of course, I'm a ChemE, so Thermo was right up my alley.

Most of the crossover Engineering classes just affirmed to me I picked the right major.

Pollodawg
08-14-2013, 01:28 PM
I read it, thought what the hell is "purgative" then just chuckled a little.

Pollodawg
08-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Well, I was a History major with an English minor. All of these technical terms look foreign to me. lol

swdawg
08-14-2013, 01:33 PM
My reaction as well...

SOOOO......am I missing something here? Was this part supposed to be a clever joke?

Did he actually mean "prerogative" or am I just missing that joke? Because "purgative" and "prerogative" are in no way the same thing.

PURGATIVE
adj.
Tending to cleanse or purge, especially causing evacuation of the bowels.
n.
A purgative agent or medicine; a cathartic.

PREROGATIVE
a : an exclusive or special right, power, or privilege: as (1) : one belonging to an office or an official body (2) : one belonging to a person, group, or class of individuals (3) : one possessed by a nation as an attribute of sovereignty

GumpDawg
08-14-2013, 01:59 PM

Lol. I felt the same way about my thermo class.

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Whoever wrote that piece is obviously not too bright. I noticed they went back and changed some of the "statics" to "statistics", but not all of them. I just looked at the 'about me' on the website. Apparently it's one guy, and he looks like Mr. Bean. In the post prior to this one, he proposed the question, "will Hugh Freeze bring the Rebels to a national championship". He got a whopping 17 votes. I made the initial assumption this website actually had readers based on the over 3,500 twitter followers their feed had (which is basically twice as many as M&WN), but apparently not. Pathetic really.

CapHillDawg
08-14-2013, 02:08 PM
No suprise. They really are OBSSESSED.

Behrdawg
08-14-2013, 05:47 PM

Nope. Its real. I saw it myself.