PDA

View Full Version : Batman v. Superman

BeardoMSU
03-24-2016, 01:10 AM
Is anyone surprised about the poor reviews so far?

I wasn't a fan of the trailers, honestly.

From the reviews I've read, for the most part, the movie as a whole is slammed, but Affleck's portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne is spot on, and one of the better renditions. Keaton will always be my favorite, though.

Tbonewannabe
03-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Going to watch it tomorrow. I am generally a fan of movies. It has to be REALLY BAD for me not to enjoy it. I am looking forward to it but Man of Steel is down on the list of my favorite comic book movie. I know Ben Affleck loves Batman. In the first house he bought in Hollywood he had a panic room created that had an entrance the same as the old Batman entrance to the Batcave.

basedog
03-24-2016, 04:00 PM
I growing up in the comic book era hate the idea of Superman and Batman being rivals. I'm a big fan of both but not interested in this movie, already turned off by it.

War Machine Dawg
03-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Is anyone surprised about the poor reviews so far?

I wasn't a fan of the trailers, honestly.

From the reviews I've read, for the most part, the movie as a whole is slammed, but Affleck's portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne is spot on, and one of the better renditions. Keaton will always be my favorite, though.

Meh, I don't pay attention to the professional film critic opinions. They pretty much hate any comic book movie in general. The Dark Knight trilogy was a rare exception. And most of them don't give more than about 3 stars for any of the Marvel movies. Screw 'em.

Early fan screenings have been much more positive. That's what I look at when deciding. I also like Snyder & the cast getting out in front and saying this movie was made for the fans, not the critics. Also worth noting, the critics really hated Man of Steel. Basically comic book movie + Snyder's style = Critics hate it.

I'm excited. I initially intended to skip it, but the trailers got me damn hyped for it. The casting of Affleck and Gadot really bummed me, but "In (Chris) Nolan I Trust." And Snyder's interviews about the comics than influenced this film, especially The Dark Knight Returns, have been outstanding. He seems to really get it and is a fan boy himself. To quote Godfather III: Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in!!!