PDA

View Full Version : Harbough doing a camp in Pearl

Steakonastick
03-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Harbaugh and staff are coming to guest coach at Pearl HS this summer.

MedDawg
03-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Harbaugh and staff are coming to guest coach at Pearl HS this summer.

nm

RocketDawg
03-23-2016, 07:13 PM
He's also having one here in Madison I think at Bob Jones High School sometime soon. Last I heard, which was a few weeks ago, was that something over 600 kids had signed up.

Saban probably is not pleased.

FISHDAWG
03-23-2016, 07:34 PM
where is moveon.org when you actually need them **

Jack Lambert
03-23-2016, 07:35 PM
I still don't want the SEC to change the rule. The South will lose only a few to UM but I damn sure don't want Tenn, Florida, A&M or any other SEC schools comming to Mississippi and to do these camps.

Political Hack
03-23-2016, 07:42 PM
I still don't want the SEC to change the rule. The South will lose only a few to UM but I damn sure don't want Tenn, Florida, A&M or any other SEC schools comming to Mississippi and to do these camps.

It would get ridiculous. There would be 48 camps a summer for each major university before this thing stopped. This is what happens when you throw billions of dollars into an industry and only have to pay the stars of the show pennies on the dollar. Money to burn!!!

RocketDawg
03-23-2016, 08:00 PM

Might not matter much. Saban already gets about anybody he wants from Mississippi, and to a lesser extent, so do LSU and Auburn. But I agree ... I don't want the SEC doing it. I really don't think Michigan should be.

Political Hack
03-23-2016, 08:18 PM
MS legislature needs to step in and put a stop to this. It's not good for our universities as a whole. Kids will still go to the State and OM camps, but they'll star cancelling JSU, Alcorn, MC, etc... to do stuff like this instead. Not to mention it encourages kids to consider out of state programs, which is something that shouldn't be openly supported and marketed. Promote your home state universities. Period.

Someone call the State House. This will end quickly.

confucius say
03-23-2016, 08:34 PM
I don't like it. May be that I'm just set in my ways but whatever.

And get off my lawn.

Reason2succeed
03-23-2016, 10:02 PM
MS legislature needs to step in and put a stop to this. It's not good for our universities as a whole. Kids will still go to the State and OM camps, but they'll star cancelling JSU, Alcorn, MC, etc... to do stuff like this instead. Not to mention it encourages kids to consider out of state programs, which is something that shouldn't be openly supported and marketed. Promote your home state universities. Period.

Sorry they can't do that. You have to remember that college sports are all about providing quality educations to students who happen to be athletes.******* They should be given every opportunity to get a quality education even if it outside of the state. The football camps just promote more educational opportunities.*******

cheewgumm
03-23-2016, 10:14 PM
Hang "carpetbagger" signs.

Bully13
03-23-2016, 10:15 PM

Did you actually work in politics in D.C.?

Homedawg
03-23-2016, 10:36 PM
Might not matter much. Saban already gets about anybody he wants from Mississippi, and to a lesser extent, so do LSU and Auburn. But I agree ... I don't want the SEC doing it. I really don't think Michigan should be.

Hmmm might ought to check the track record on that one. I don't think you want to start comparing names of who he got and who he didn't in ms. His fail rate in ms is higher than probably any other state....additionally, lsu and auburn have been non factors in the Mullen era too. Now if you are dating this back to croom, sherrill and prior ok. But not today, us and tsun have kept an unreal amount of the talent in state, and we get more than anyone.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-23-2016, 11:54 PM
Hmmm might ought to check the track record on that one. I don't think you want to start comparing names of who he got and who he didn't in ms. His fail rate in ms is higher than probably any other state....additionally, lsu and auburn have been non factors in the Mullen era too. Now if you are dating this back to croom, sherrill and prior ok. But not today, us and tsun have kept an unreal amount of the talent in state, and we get more than anyone.

Yep last years class has definitely the exception not the rule.

ShotgunDawg
03-24-2016, 12:26 AM

Ugh. This is not true.

coastratdog
03-24-2016, 05:53 AM
Let them spend their money. I think it's more important to cultivate relationships with the instate high school coaches first. Then develop relationships with the kids you target and their "handlers" at an early age. Constant communication is the key. Show them some love.

Taog Redloh
03-24-2016, 02:36 PM
No, they really don't.

Taog Redloh
03-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Let them spend their money. I think it's more important to cultivate relationships with the instate high school coaches first. Then develop relationships with the kids you target and their "handlers" at an early age. Constant communication is the key. Show them some love.
Yep, good for bizness in the state of MS, IMO.