PDA

View Full Version : Boneyard Cliff Notes for Today

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Just listened to the Boneyard & here are some cliff notes on the things we care about:

1. The investigation involving Ole Miss' football program is on-going. Interviews of Ole Miss recruits that signed with other schools have happened this week. That is a fact & anyone saying something different is uninformed or lying.

2. The Ole Miss chancellor stated in an article that he had read the NOA. Steve wonders where he read the NOA because, if he read the NOA on Ole Miss' campus or in the state of MS, then Ole Miss is in non-compliance of the FOIA. Also speculates at why Ole Miss withheld the emails that Veazey requested.

3. Steve states that we can expect the Ole Miss response to the NCAA on April 22nd to be self serving & non-transparent. States that Ole Miss has been completely non-transparent throughout the process & that is a fact. However, it won't matter in long run.

4. Rosebowl believes Malik Newman will do well at the combine & go pro. Says that should be our expectations.

5. Mike Bonner is a good guy that's good at his job & the Clarion Ledger/Hugh Killaburger are crap & are doing Bonner no favors.

He covered some other things but those were the main talking points.

Coach34
03-23-2016, 05:30 PM
Bigtime OM people know they are still being investigated- but they damn sure arent going to admit it. They tow the company line better than anyone. You can bet they have a spin plan in place- which began with that out of the blue for no reason article a couple of days ago. There's some serious shit going on behind the scenes right now.

And yeah- I dont expect Malik back either. He will do his time in the D-League and see if it pans out for him.

mic
03-23-2016, 05:44 PM
Bonner good guy??. That's debatable...
Matter of fact I will answer that .. He is a sack of shit..

PassInterference
03-23-2016, 07:54 PM
I know with 100% certainty that the law requires Ole Miss to turn over that NOA via a FOIA request. Whether the NOA is in the AD's office, a safe deposit box, or in external counsel's office is completely irrelevant.

Anybody that has filed a FOIA for the NOA and got stiff armed may file a complaint with the Mississippi Ethics Commission. The Ethics Commission will likely see that the NOA is turned over.

Political Hack
03-23-2016, 08:11 PM
I know with 100% certainty that the law requires Ole Miss to turn over that NOA via a FOIA request. Whether the NOA is in the AD's office, a safe deposit box, or in external counsel's office is completely irrelevant.

Anybody that has filed a FOIA for the NOA and got stiff armed may file a complaint with the Mississippi Ethics Commission. The Ethics Commission will likely see that the NOA is turned over.

You'd think people would give a damn when a university is blatantly breaking the law to protect their image during a major academic scandal.

spbdawg
03-23-2016, 08:51 PM
#

msstate7
03-23-2016, 08:58 PM
About the foia... I can't believe that nationsl reporters haven't picked up the pursuit. Wish ESPN with all their financial backing would've pursued it

Ralph
03-23-2016, 10:15 PM
2. My guess is their Bham attorney has a "shared drive", much like Dropbox but more private/secure. The original copy is in Bham yet certain OM personnel can electronically access it remotely when needed.

Bully13
03-23-2016, 10:33 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd think Hillary Clinton and lois Lerner were in charge of it all

BeardoMSU
03-23-2016, 10:41 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd think Hillary Clinton and lois Lerner were in charge of it all

Let's just hope they handle it like Donald Rumsfeld would**

DancingRabbit
03-23-2016, 10:53 PM
2. My guess is their Bham attorney has a "shared drive", much like Dropbox but more private/secure. The original copy is in Bham yet certain OM personnel can electronically access it remotely when needed.

"Theoretically" you might be correct. Truth is, Freeze and Bjork both have hard copies in their possession. Unofficial copies, of course.

I understand Robertson not spending the dollars on attorneys to fight this. Very easy to drag it out for the 90 days and it's money down the drain. Too bad we have a joke of a state paper that won't call them out for mocking the FOIA. Disappointed that Pat Forde or some other national writer hasn't called them on the carpet.

BeardoMSU
03-23-2016, 10:57 PM
"Theoretically" you might be correct. Truth is, Freeze and Bjork both have hard copies in their possession. Unofficial copies, of course.

I understand Robertson not spending the dollars on attorneys to fight this. Very easy to drag it out for the 90 days and it's money down the drain. Too bad we have a joke of a state paper that won't call them out for mocking the FOIA. Disappointed that Pat Forde or some other national writer hasn't called them on the carpet.

Yeah, if that doesn't doesn't show their true stripes, I don't know what else will. It's really shameful, on both ends. OM, a public university, totally thumbing their nose at the state's legal process; while the "flagship" news organization in the state, sticks their head in the sand, and totally lets them off the hook....

Political Hack
03-24-2016, 08:49 AM
About the foia... I can't believe that nationsl reporters haven't picked up the pursuit. Wish ESPN with all their financial backing would've pursued it

See what can happen when you hire a national PR firm with stroke...

TrapGame
03-24-2016, 09:04 AM

The Illuminati goes to The Network for advice.

dogshiek
03-24-2016, 09:16 AM
If Bonner is a sack of shit, Fatburger is a box car full.

smootness
03-24-2016, 09:34 AM

How so?

Ralph
03-24-2016, 10:00 AM

Very very likely. There's probably some loophole where only the original copy is subject to FOIA. But then again they could be just blatantly ignoring it knowing no one (the CL) will follow up.

Chuck Finley
03-24-2016, 10:15 AM
I'm shocked that the NOA hasn't been leaked. I really thought we would see something when the coach at UT was let go.

maroonmania
03-24-2016, 10:29 AM
Yeah, if that doesn't doesn't show their true stripes, I don't know what else will. It's really shameful, on both ends. OM, a public university, totally thumbing their nose at the state's legal process; while the "flagship" news organization in the state, sticks their head in the sand, and totally lets them off the hook....

I'm to the point to just say that anyone who can't see that the media in MS has UNM's back at all times in every situation is just a DUMBASS and its time to move on. I equate people that argue against this obvious fact to someone arguing that 2+2 does not equal 4.

TrapGame
03-24-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm to the point to just say that anyone who can't see that the media in MS has UNM's back at all times in every situation is just a DUMBASS and its time to move on. I equate people that argue against this obvious fact to someone arguing that 2+2 does not equal 4.

And John Wiener said people like you are "imbeciles" on his radio show yesterday. There is no bias with folks like Kellenburger b/c he's a professional, so The Wiener sayeth.

maroonmania
03-24-2016, 10:45 AM
And John Wiener said people like you are "imbeciles" on his radio show yesterday. There is no bias with folks like Kellenburger b/c he's a professional, so The Wiener sayeth.

Wiener = DUMBASS. Although I will say that nobody in the MS media (including radio personalities) is ever going to admit that there is bias. Hell will freeze over before that happens.

MSUDawg99
03-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Wiener = DUMBASS. Although I will say that nobody in the MS media (including radio personalities) is ever going to admit that there is bias. Hell will freeze over before that happens.

Wiener = WEINER

TrapGame
03-24-2016, 11:13 AM

When he started blowing Fat Boy like Jenna Jamison I changed the station. It was pathetic.

maroonmania
03-24-2016, 11:46 AM
The question I keep coming back to is with all of these supposed "journalists" in the state why does it take an MSU recruiting reporter to get any information on the UNM NCAA investigation? The one CL guy that tried to actually do his job and report on things that weren't first put through the Rebel sunshine filter on the topic got run out of the state.

spbdawg
03-24-2016, 11:54 AM
#