PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs. Central Arkanas - SOFTBALL thread

BulldogBear
03-23-2016, 05:15 PM
Starts at 6:30pm and is on TV on the main SEC Network

I have to work till 7:00pm and have it set to record on DVR. I will get home about 7:30pm and possibly catch up by the last inning or two. Possible. I'll post the lineup when I get it but won't be in a position to give updates for the most part.

DawgPoundtheRock
03-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Thanks BDB. I'll at least be able to watch one.

BulldogBear
03-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Katie Anne Bailey - C
Caroline Seitz - 3B
Mackenzie Toler - DP
Taylor Kelly - 1B
Calyn Adams - 2B
Sarai Niu - RF
Olivia Golden - LF
Kayla Winkfield - SS
Amanda Ivy - CF

Cori Cooper in the circle

RocketDawg
03-23-2016, 07:10 PM
A bit off topic, but that was a really good interview with Vic Shaeffer during the game. He could have easily have railed against what Mich. State's Coach Merchant had to say after she got back to Michigan, but instead he took the high road and just talked about her compliment in Starkville that 7000 sounded like 70000. He seems like a really good guy, great for MSU, and he has a great bunch of gals. Good to see them at the softball game. They are tremendous representatives of our University.

BulldogBear
03-23-2016, 08:53 PM
I just finished the game on my DVR. Rocket Dawg is right. It was a great interview. I especially like the part where he said this was a great weekend for moving boulders being Easter and all!

As for the game, I'm still kind of stunned. Pitching was fine but what did we have....one hit, maybe two? I wonder if we "overcohened" in B6 trying to manufacture one run instead of just letting the big inning happen. I felt like it was coming if we'd just been patient. Instead we get thrown out stealing 2nd TWICE. That inning was our chance to win with our best hitters all on tap.

So, a dissapointing 1-0 loss drops us to 20-9, 1-2 SEC when we finally get on the main network. As Cadaver might say, that was so MSU to get on TV for a midweek home game against a mid-major and lose. Sigh.

RocketDawg
03-23-2016, 10:14 PM
I just finished the game on my DVR. Rocket Dawg is right. It was a great interview. I especially like the part where he said this was a great weekend for moving boulders being Easter and all!

As for the game, I'm still kind of stunned. Pitching was fine but what did we have....one hit, maybe two? I wonder if we "overcohened" in B6 trying to manufacture one run instead of just letting the big inning happen. I felt like it was coming if we'd just been patient. Instead we get thrown out stealing 2nd TWICE. That inning was our chance to win with our best hitters all on tap.

So, a dissapointing 1-0 loss drops us to 20-9, 1-2 SEC when we finally get on the main network. As Cadaver might say, that was so MSU to get on TV for a midweek home game against a mid-major and lose. Sigh.

I'm about the farthest thing from a softball expert, but it seemed to me that Central Arkansas had a really good team, and the pitcher did an outstanding job. They may be mid-major but they can get the job done.

BulldogBear
03-23-2016, 10:31 PM
I'm about the farthest thing from a softball expert, but it seemed to me that Central Arkansas had a really good team, and the pitcher did an outstanding job. They may be mid-major but they can get the job done.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's a truly "bad loss." Their pitcher was on fire tonight and their defense was great. Gomness, the pitcher we faced, is a good analog/microcosm for her team. She has solid numbers on the season but there is nothing particularly outstanding or impressive about those numbers nor is she their main starter or best pitcher. UCA is a solid team but not particularly outstanding or impressive. But they, like Gomness, sure had our number tonight. My "complaint" if one would want to call it that, is that in typical MSU fashion the game we drop to a mid-major would have to be the one on national TV!

blacklistedbully
03-24-2016, 08:22 AM
That CA girl was out at the plate. Ump blew that call and it cost us. Looked like Bailey had the ball in her glove and right hand when she tagged that runner on her left leg, then when she turned to show the ump the ball, she kept the ball in her right hand grip and let the glove come off.