PDA

View Full Version : Do we start Dakota on short rest tomorrow?

confucius say
03-23-2016, 03:45 PM
He has thrown 120ish last two times out. Maybe keep he and sexton fri-sat and go someone else thurs? What is uga doing?

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Of course you start Dakota. He'll be on 5 full days of rest. That's plenty

Coach34
03-23-2016, 03:50 PM
Yes- Thursday nite is Day 6. He should be fine

MSUDawg99
03-23-2016, 03:51 PM
He has thrown 120ish last two times out. Maybe keep he and sexton fri-sat and go someone else thurs? What is uga doing?

UGA is starting their Fri. starter on Fri. still, not bumping him up to Thur. Not sure who they're starting on Thur. though. Just going off what Steve Robertson reported in his podcast today, which by the way was very good...included some tidbits on the OM investigation...that it's still ongoing, etc.

Coach34
03-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Dakota has most assuredly taken his anti-inflammatory meds, iced, done his running and stretching to move the lactic acid out, and everything else required of him in our program. He'll be fine. And next week he will get an extra day off

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2016, 04:13 PM
UGA is starting their Fri. starter on Fri. still, not bumping him up to Thur. Not sure who they're starting on Thur. though. Just going off what Steve Robertson reported in his podcast today, which by the way was very good...included some tidbits on the OM investigation...that it's still ongoing, etc.

Robert Tyler had an injury last year & they could be not wanting to take any chances.

However, 5 full days of rest is plenty & the difference between 5 full days of rest & 6 full days is nothing, due to how you prepare & the routine you go through between starts.

Now, in MLB, the difference between pitching every 5th day & then having to make a start on 3 days rest, as happens sometimes in the playoffs, is dramatic. You are basically starting on your bullpen day.

Jack Lambert
03-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Yes- Thursday nite is Day 6. He should be fine

And he will get a few extra days next week to rest.

maroonmania
03-23-2016, 04:43 PM

Shouldn't be problem. College pitchers are the only ones I know of that take a full week in between starts anyway.

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Run him out there. No hesitation or limitation.

Commercecomet24
03-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Yes he will be fine.

confucius say
03-23-2016, 08:31 PM
I agree he should be rested. I'm just a lil hesitant to get him out of his routine and normal schedule given how dominant he has been. I'm fine either way.

Todd4State
03-23-2016, 10:31 PM
I agree he should be rested. I'm just a lil hesitant to get him out of his routine and normal schedule given how dominant he has been. I'm fine either way.

I don't think it will be that big of a deal. He's going to have to get used to pitching days other than Fridays in the pros anyway.

Plus, the weather might solve any worries if there is an 80% chance of rain- but I'll defer to Ref on anything weather related. If they pitch Tyler on Friday, to me that means we should have an advantage on Thursday- but it also means that Sexton is going to have to step up on Friday.

maroonmania
03-24-2016, 10:49 AM
Apparently Georgia is pitching their ace on his regular Friday night. Don't know if that will impact when we pitch Hudson or not.

MSUDawg99
03-24-2016, 11:02 AM
Apparently Georgia is pitching their ace on his regular Friday night. Don't know if that will impact when we pitch Hudson or not.

yeah that's what I posted yesterday. That is correct. But honestly since the series is Thur, Fri, Sat this week then technically this week, Thur = Fri. night. Mentally, I can't see how the players would see it any other way.