PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Severe Weather Possibility

starkvegasdawg
03-23-2016, 02:56 PM
For those of you that live in extreme east MS, north and central AL, and middle TN, keep an eye on the weather tomorrow. Models have been trying to trend towards a possible decent severe weather event tomorrow afternoon and evening. Originally, this storm was supposed to blow through mid-morning to early afternoon and not have time to pump up a lot of moisture, but the latest guidance has shown the system to be slowing down and allowing the atmosphere ahead of it to charge. Latest thinking is for this to primarily be a straight line wind event but I do expect a few tornadoes if any cells can separate and get out by themselves...especially over in AL where Dr. Forbes has given a TORCON of 6 tomorrow. East MS currently has a TORCON of 4.

Also, there is some potential for another severe weather event Easter Sunday so while you're watching the kids hunt eggs, make sure you have a way to get weather information. There's still some uncertainty as to how that one will unfold.

Here is the threat area for tomorrow. I'd put timing for the slight risk area in MS around 1:00-4:00pm and then shifting east into AL after that.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk_1730.gif?1458762859891

MSUDawg99
03-23-2016, 03:03 PM
What is it about this mid-week weather that wants to threaten all of our baseball games? Ha. Tis the season for tumultuous weather.

ScoobaDawg
03-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Yep... keeping an eye on this afternoon here in DFW, the line has shifted west and includes DFW as a possibility for severe weather... All depending how long it takes for the storms to bust through the CAP.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-23-2016, 05:21 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted. Need y'all's opinion. Got a few weather questions that could affect my business and business travel tomorrow.

1) What are the chances of rain around Hamilton, MS/West Point area tomorrow, when do you think it'll start and how severe? In a nutshell can fertilizer be spread over corn ground tomorrow morning and afternoon?

2) Traveling from Birmingham to Neshoba County tomorrow afternoon for a meeting tomorrow evening. What am I looking at. Don't know that I can reschedule so I might have to leave a few hours sooner than I normally would.

As always, thanks for any info y'all can give.

starkvegasdawg
03-23-2016, 05:36 PM
1. Very high chance of rain tomorrow. Right now the thinking is an onset in east ms around 1:00pm give or take.

2. You could hit some big storms. From Neshoba to Birmigham the time frame is around 1:00-8:00pm with the 8:00pm being when they should push east of B'ham.

All times are approximations and not to be etched in stone.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Thanks Vegas. This helps me a ton.