PDA

View Full Version : Top C-L headlines covering State over the years....

Coach34
03-23-2016, 08:47 AM
1. Bama fumbles away victory against State- loses 6-3. '80
2. UCLA betting State runs out of luck in Championship Series - '13
3. Gene Morgan fails to get glove down- costs State loss in CWS
4. State disrupts football program- hires Fla OC

Coach34
03-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Shaquille O'neal's injury hands State SEC basketball title

mic
03-23-2016, 09:02 AM

Good stuff C34..

Original48
03-23-2016, 09:02 AM
Dogs take advantage of weak field, advance to Final Four

LC Dawg
03-23-2016, 09:05 AM
Bulldog basketball team once again ends season with a loss - '96

mic
03-23-2016, 09:06 AM
and if the sweet 16 women's game goes as projected... The CL has to be like a kid at Christmas waiting on it..

MadDawg
03-23-2016, 09:09 AM
Michigan State Nearly Beats (the real) MSU Despite Unfair Obstacles

GTHOM
03-23-2016, 09:15 AM
Is this for real? Anybody have pictures?

mic
03-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Michigan State Nearly Beats (the real) MSU Despite Unfair Obstacles

Speaking of this.... Was there anything written by the CL to offset that Bullshit whinny piece written about the Sparty women's team.. .?
Shit if the CL wants clicks and traffic they should have blasted that article.. Not only get clicks from state fans but it would probably get responses and traffic from east Lansing.

starkvegasdawg
03-23-2016, 09:17 AM
and if the sweet 16 women's game goes as projected... The CL has to be like a kid at Christmas waiting on it..

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1407560098ra/10739866.gif

BeardoMSU
03-23-2016, 09:20 AM
Speaking of this.... Was there anything written by the CL to offset that Bullshit whinny piece written about the Sparty women's team.. .?
Shit if the CL wants clicks and traffic they should have blasted that article.. Not only get clicks from state fans but it would probably get responses and traffic from east Lansing.
No, but HK tweeted something to effect of "it's unfair for teams to play on their home courts; it should be neutral site" literally right after the Michigan State story broke.

Statefan
03-23-2016, 09:23 AM
"Bulldogs take advantage of weak SEC, incredible luck and drunk pollsters to reach #1 in the AP"

mic
03-23-2016, 09:26 AM
No, but HK tweeted something to effect of "it's unfair for teams to play on their home courts; it should be neutral site" literally right after the Michigan State story broke.

That should have been enough for our PR department to rip his ass... It's not like this is the first year the Women's tourney has done this...

03-23-2016, 09:30 AM

https://twitter.com/HKellenbergerCL/status/712038588293234689

BeardoMSU
03-23-2016, 09:33 AM
https://twitter.com/HKellenbergerCL/status/712038588293234689

That's it. Good find.

starkvegasdawg
03-23-2016, 09:41 AM
Hey Hugh...

https://m.popkey.co/c8115f/edApw.gif

MSUDawg99
03-23-2016, 09:48 AM

By the CL? HAAAAAA! You're joking right? No. The closest thing to that was a piece Rick Cleveland wrote that said we should've been the 4-seed but that was written on Sun evening & it didn't have anything to do with whiney bitch.

MSUDawg99
03-23-2016, 09:51 AM

If that were the case only bout 100 people would show up to those type games. Women's bb doesn't have the fan following that men's bb does.

BeardoMSU
03-23-2016, 09:59 AM
"Due to multiple no-call fouls on the part of the SEC refs, Jarvis Varnado is now the all time blocks leader".

Followed by...

"Reggie Buckner showed excellent defensive abilities and court awareness in a loss to Dayton, finishing with 6pts, 4 boards, 3 blocks, and 5 fouls, the fifth of which came on a technical foul issued to Reggie when he left the game mid-play to volunteer at a soup kitchen in downtown Memphis".

TheRef
03-23-2016, 10:43 AM

Oh I wrote one...already has a lot of views and shares. I basically debunked all of her complaints. http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/03/22/hey-michigan-state-take-a-chill-pill-following-sunday-loss/

Schultzy
03-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Julie Gibert Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

MedDawg
03-23-2016, 06:29 PM

Remember when the CL found a way to mention for months that an MSU football player(s) shot a gun on campus? We kicked the guy off the team (and off campus), yet the C-L found a way to bring it up over and over.

Political Hack
03-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Remember when the CL found a way to mention for months that an MSU football player(s) shot a gun on campus? We kicked the guy off the team (and off campus), yet the C-L found a way to bring it up over and over.

Remember when they continually reported on Ole Miss being in a 6 feet deep massive, 3-year long NCAA investigation spanning multiple sports and involving academic fraud?

Oh wait, that wasn't a story... Must be an Elitedawgs conspiracy.

MedDawg
03-23-2016, 06:37 PM
Seriously, the C-L headlines have been the worst things against MSU. Even neutral articles had anti-MSU headlines. A couple of the better MSU writers like Sekou Smith would tell State fans, "I don't write the headlines, I have nothing to do with them".

Thing is, the headlines are often all that people see.

Political Hack
03-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Seriously, the C-L headlines have been the worst things against MSU. Even neutral articles had anti-MSU headlines. A couple of the better MSU writers like Sekou Smith would tell State fans, "I don't write the headlines, I have nothing to do with them".

Veasy used to say the same thing.

shannondawg
03-23-2016, 08:05 PM
I read years ago, that it was usually ole miss journalism majors that wrote the headlines.

Political Hack
03-23-2016, 08:08 PM
I read years ago, that it was usually ole miss journalism majors that wrote the headlines.

The writers just turn in the stories and the editors put on the headers. It's absurd some of the crap they've come up with over the years, and yes, it probably was OM journalism guys. I don't think State had (or has?) a program.

WPDawg
03-24-2016, 08:15 AM

Good thing this message board is on the internet and few readers. Otherwise you could say same thing about this place......