PDA

View Full Version : Huge Fatburger is still at it!

Bucky Dog
03-23-2016, 07:44 AM
I am not going to link his C-L article but this morning he leads with "It's time for Newman to go!" He basically goes on to say Newman thought he would come to State and turn their program around and have famed coach Ben Howland convert him to a point guard, neither of which happened!! He then suggests he is better off going to the D League for two years as a full time job and basically that college will not help him any. I seriously wish I would see this guy in person!

ETA: just saw thread from last night about Cadaver. Glad great minds think alike!

shannondawg
03-23-2016, 07:48 AM
Well , I m glad that I cancelled my online subscription at the urging of the board last month. Now I won't have to go thru that ordeal again.

Jack Lambert
03-23-2016, 08:07 AM
Well , I m glad that I cancelled my online subscription at the urging of the board last month. Now I won't have to go thru that ordeal again.

Delete you Browser history and you can get free entry to the web page. That will give you eight articles to read then it will lock you out. All you have to do then is delete your browser history again and you will get eight more articles. I read it all the time for free. You have to get your sports news somewhere. Now if I had to pay to go to that page I would not go to that page but the CL is just stupid.

You need to know what your enemies are saying about you. Look at as if you are a spy and you are trying to get Intel.

BeardoMSU
03-23-2016, 08:12 AM
Delete you Browser history and you can get free entry to the web page. That will give you eight articles to read then it will lock you out. All you have to do then is delete your browser history again and you will get eight more articles. I read it all the time for free. You have to get your sports news somewhere. Now if I had to pay to go to that page I would not go to that page but the CL is just stupid.

You need to know what your enemies are saying about you. Look at as if you are a spy and you are trying to get Intel.

If you have Chrome, you can just read in incognito mode. Saves you the trouble of having to delete stuff.

Jack Lambert
03-23-2016, 08:21 AM
If you have Chrome, you can just read in incognito mode. Saves you the trouble of having to delete stuff.

I do have chrome and will try it. Thanks!

Ralph
03-23-2016, 08:37 AM
On an iPhone, you can go to Private mode in safari and also read as much as you like.

missouridawg
03-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Or, all of you could join the rest of MSU in a CL walk off. Don't follow them on Twitter. Unsubscribe from their paper. Don't read any of their news articles in the web.

Get your MSU sports from Bobby C and the Starkville Daily News. I can't help you find non-sports MS news... Someone else will pitch in there.

03-23-2016, 09:52 AM
Or, all of you could join the rest of MSU in a CL walk off. Don't follow them on Twitter. Unsubscribe from their paper. Don't read any of their news articles in the web.

Get your MSU sports from Bobby C and the Starkville Daily News. I can't help you find non-sports MS news... Someone else will pitch in there.

https://media.giphy.com/media/j5IdWWOAYzcli/giphy.gif

Ralph
03-23-2016, 10:07 AM

I'm in.

Taog Redloh
03-23-2016, 10:22 AM
That really is a hit piece on MSU. No one can doubt the bias of that paper now.

PassInterference
03-23-2016, 10:35 AM
Am I the only one that feels like I'm reading a random message board post when I read a Hugh-Kell article? Instead of reading a well-rounded opinion from a person knowledgeable about sports, I'm reading a poorly thought out piece that is begging for relevance and attention.

PassInterference
03-23-2016, 10:38 AM
July 16, 2014, Hugh writes...

Heisman talk is just that in July

No school should ever spend another dime on a Heisman Trophy campaign.

That, if nothing else, is what Dak Prescott's offseason proved.

Based largely on a handful of very complimentary comments from an ESPN analyst, an Egg Bowl comeback and a Liberty Bowl rout, Mississippi State's Prescott went from an unknown SEC quarterback to potential "Heisman Trophy contender." It was an aggressive promotional campaign run almost exclusively by talk radio, message boards and social media.

There you have it. Dak's 2014 offseason proved (PROVED) that Dak Heisman talk was all hype.

Proved...

PassInterference
03-23-2016, 10:42 AM
October 13, 2014, Hugh writes...

Ole Miss’ Wallace enters Heisman talks
OXFORD – It may be too early to say Ole Miss’ Bo Wallace is among the top candidates for the Heisman Trophy, and the school is not yet promoting him for it.

But with the No. 3 Rebels undefeated and among the top contenders for the college football playoff, Wallace has stepped into the conversation.

Of course Bo go zero votes for Heisman.

Ralph
03-23-2016, 10:43 AM

There you have it. Dak's 2014 offseason proved (PROVED) that Dak Heisman talk was all hype.

Proved...

So it had nothing to do with Marcus Marriota? And Miss State and Dak got NOTHING out of pumping a heisman campaign right before we ascend to #1? I mean they just cannot stand we had a QB that got more attn and had more success than they have.

ScoobaDawg
03-23-2016, 10:46 AM

Stop reading it... they make their money on page hits. By reading it at all. you are supporting them.

PassInterference
03-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Besides the "Dak is hype" article, Hugh only wrote one more article about Dak and the Heisman.

After "week 7" (the CL posted no date with the story which I will not link), Hugh writes as by my recollection we were 6-0 and #1 in the country.

Upon Further Review: Dak is great, but who is noticing?

During my usual Thursday morning appearance on SuperSport 930 AM before the season, Bryan Eubank asked me if I thought Dak Prescott could win the Heisman Trophy without Mississippi State being one of the better teams in the country.

I was optimistic, arguing that Robert Griffin III won the Heisman playing for a three-loss Baylor team in 2011 and Texas A&M lost twice a year later when Johnny Manziel took the award. The Heisman voters are increasingly sophisticated, and would not ignore a fantastic season on the basis of the team’s success. At least that’s what I thought.

I was wrong. LSU’s Leonard Fournette and TCU’s Trevone Boykin are a most worthy 1-2 combo atop all those mock Heisman ballots at this point in the season. They’re fantastic players having great seasons on teams that are contenders for the College Football Playoff. But the fact Prescott is nowhere near the conversation of potential guys to just get to New York City for the Heisman ceremony is absolutely more about the Bulldogs being unranked and out of the national spotlight than it is his own lack of success, because Prescott’s play has matched his reputation.

confucius say
03-23-2016, 10:48 AM

Proved...

My biggest issue is not the bias but that they (he) suck at their job. Can't evaluate. I remember this article and his stance was dak is a below average passer and we should be in wait and see mode before determining how good he was. For all the hell state fans give Bo bounds, he was the first in the media to say dak was going to be special and all sec. He was all in on dak in march of 2014.

PassInterference
03-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Pro tip...

You can search just the CL (or just any single website) with Google. Just type this in the search box:

site:clarionledger.com Dak Kellenberger heisman

Use whatever search terms you want, just put site:websitename.com on it and it only reports search results for that website.

I encourage all of you to do this so as this thread gets 30,000 hits we'll document how ridiculously slanted the CL is.

Ralph
03-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Kellenberger: "Dak's Heisman Chances Sacked"

CL headline after loss to bama 2015.

Ralph
03-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Can't make this one up...

July 16 2014- Kellenberger headline "Heisman talk in July is, just talk and premature hype" calls Dak long shot.

December 14 2014 - CL headline "How Dak fell from heisman front runner"

War Machine Dawg
03-23-2016, 11:08 AM

No. Even clicking there gives them page hits and helps keep them in business. Just stop reading them altogether, even for free. We know what they say anyway. Their other media surrogates tell us, too.

PassInterference
03-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Did Kellenberger write a single positive headline about Dak? I do not think he did, at least not in the 2014 dream season where our best QB ever had his best year ever.

Political Hack
03-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Can't make this one up...

July 16 2014- Kellenberger headline "Heisman talk in July is, just talk and premature hype" calls Dak long shot.

December 14 2014 - CL headline "How Dak fell from heisman front runner"

I don't know why anyone would ever read that rag. It's a shitty paper to begin with and then they constantly belittle the largest university in the state. 17 them. And if anyone reading this has a subscription through them, you're contributing to the problem.

Commercecomet24
03-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Stop reading it... they make their money on page hits. By reading it at all. you are supporting them.

THIS! I refuse to support the CL in anyway! They're in a dying industry and can't wait til they go the way of parachute pants!

Bucky Dog
03-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Good thing he isn't Malik's advisor. Going to D league even as an unseated free agent as he suggests, would in no way, shape or form be better than coming back to school and improving to become a first round possible lottery pick and signing for millions!! Stupid ass!!

Bully13
03-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Good thing he isn't Malik's advisor. Going to D league even as an unseated free agent as he suggests, would in no way, shape or form be better than coming back to school and improving to become a first round possible lottery pick and signing for millions!! Stupid ass!!

Saying that Malik would be better off in D league than another year in college under Howland is about as unprofessional as it gets. How many NBA players has he groomed? Combine that with another year of college under your belt? Biggest dumb ********** in sports journalism bar none.