PDA

View Full Version : U Conn will destroy us

coastdoglover
03-22-2016, 01:55 PM
I love coach Schaeffer and our women's team but there is not a team in the country that can come close to U Conn. They are long and athletic and can shoot the ball too. I would be surprised if we hold it under 20. We should be proud for getting this far but they are at another level. Their 3 and 4 players could play guard if needed and size wise, we are nowhere as athletic . I hope I am wrong but I saw enough when U Conn played South Carolina and again last nite to convince me.

maroonmania
03-22-2016, 01:59 PM
There is about as much suspense this year as to who will win the NCAAW BB tourney as there was to who would win the Gold Medal in Olympic BB when the Dream Team first played back in '92.

TheRef
03-22-2016, 02:01 PM
You know what....I want to be world beaters this year...I want to shock the world.

MSUDawg99
03-22-2016, 02:07 PM
I just want a good showing. It would be easy for our girls to give up & let Uconn in their heads but I hope Coach Schaefer has them so jacked up to play & quiets the noise best he can. Regardless, it's good practice & good for the resume. Next year hopefully we can take the next step further.

smootness
03-22-2016, 02:16 PM
20? I'll be happy if we keep it within 30-40. UConn is ridiculous.

starkvegasdawg
03-22-2016, 02:17 PM
Shut down VV and it will be a 50 point blowout at best. She is our offense.

mic
03-22-2016, 02:19 PM
What a useless thread coastdoglover...

Be sure to come back after the game and tell everyone you told us so...

Martianlander
03-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Guys, a little encouragement please. Remember Goliath was favored by 60 over David.

msstate7
03-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Guys, a little encouragement please. Remember Goliath was favored by 60 over David.

Well I hope we take our sling slot and our 5 smooth stones... Might take us all 5, instead of 1 like David

maroonmania
03-22-2016, 02:49 PM
Shut down VV and it will be a 50 point blowout at best. She is our offense.

For the women's team to really make a stride next year we are going to have to find a second scorer behind Vivians. Doesn't have to be as good as Vivians but close enough that teams can't just concentrate on shutting one person down which thereby shuts down our offense.

coastdoglover
03-22-2016, 02:55 PM
What a useless thread coastdoglover...

Be sure to come back after the game and tell everyone you told us so...

I could care less about telling you so, you jerk. I made an observation and I think most agree with me. I would love for us to keep it close but they will box and one Vivians and our big girls have no touch around the rim. It would be nice to get on the level of U Conn but not many will. Now, Mic kiss my tail.

Jack Lambert
03-22-2016, 03:00 PM
Why even start this thread? Sometimes I wonder about our fans.

Homedawg
03-22-2016, 03:14 PM
I could care less about telling you so, you jerk. I made an observation and I think most agree with me. I would love for us to keep it close but they will box and one Vivians and our big girls have no touch around the rim. It would be nice to get on the level of U Conn but not many will. Now, Mic kiss my tail.

Good grief man. Mic was right and now u just double down by calling him a jerk?? Yeaaaahhh

shannondawg
03-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Geezer just said what everybody was thinking. Truth hurts sometimes.

Homedawg
03-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Geezer just said what everybody was thinking. Truth hurts sometimes.

I'm not disputing what he thinks or is predicting, I'm sure everyone thinks that. But what was accomplished by starting a thread about it? We are in the final 16! That's a great year! And to boot, he goes ape shit on someone for basically nothing.

Political Hack
03-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Yeah, wish we could've gotten a better draw. Like seeing UConn in the finals and losing by 50 then.

archdog
03-22-2016, 04:38 PM
We win by 4.

smootness
03-22-2016, 04:53 PM
We win by 4.

Would literally be the biggest upset in the history of college sports.

blacklistedbully
03-22-2016, 05:01 PM

But only you felt the need to post it. Why?

Coach34
03-22-2016, 05:01 PM
He's just mad Billy Kennedy is getting a 5 year contract extension

mparkerfd20
03-22-2016, 05:22 PM
We wouldn't beat UCONN if they only played 4 players all game. We'd still miss wide open layups.

nsvltndog
03-22-2016, 05:39 PM
I love that we are playing UConn. The odds are very stacked against us, but we have a young team and what a great way for both Coach Schaefer and the team to get an gauge on what we need to do as a program to take the next step. When we reach the point of matching and beating South Carolina we will become Final 4 caliber. Match UConn and you compete for national championships on an annual basis. What I'm suggesting is a huge step and something every team in the top 25 strives for, but most of the Lady Bulldogs are sophomores and juniors and will be back for more title runs. Someday to reach the top whether this year or down the road we will have to take out a program like UConn. We might as well see how far we have to go so we can develop a plan to get us there.

smootness
03-22-2016, 05:46 PM
I love that we are playing UConn. The odds are very stacked against us, but we have a young team and what a great way for both Coach Schaefer and the team to get an gauge on what we need to do as a program to take the next step. When we reach the point of matching and beating South Carolina we will become Final 4 caliber. Match UConn and you compete for national championships on an annual basis. What I'm suggesting is a huge step and something every team in the top 25 strives for, but most of the Lady Bulldogs are sophomores and juniors and will be back for more title runs. Someday to reach the top whether this year or down the road we will have to take out a program like UConn. We might as well see how far we have to go so we can develop a plan to get us there.

Oh no doubt, I'm pumped we're playing them regardless of the outcome. But the answer as to how to beat them is pretty simple: recruit the best athletes in the country. Until that point, we won't be competing for national titles. We are much improved there, but we aren't where we have to be to truly compete. And that's not a knock on anyone, there are only a handful of programs in that place.

I do think we're in store for a couple of really, really good years over the next 2, and hopefully that will help us continue to improve our recruiting.

mic
03-22-2016, 06:02 PM

Like I said ... Read more... Post less...
The thread was meaningless...

blacklistedbully
03-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Oh no doubt, I'm pumped we're playing them regardless of the outcome. But the answer as to how to beat them is pretty simple: recruit the best athletes in the country. Until that point, we won't be competing for national titles. We are much improved there, but we aren't where we have to be to truly compete. And that's not a knock on anyone, there are only a handful of programs in that place.

I do think we're in store for a couple of really, really good years over the next 2, and hopefully that will help us continue to improve our recruiting.

Vivians
Dillingham
Williams

You don't think these ladies are among the best athletes in the country?

missouridawg
03-22-2016, 06:31 PM
I love coach Schaeffer and our women's team but there is not a team in the country that can come close to U Conn. They are long and athletic and can shoot the ball too. I would be surprised if we hold it under 20. We should be proud for getting this far but they are at another level. Their 3 and 4 players could play guard if needed and size wise, we are nowhere as athletic . I hope I am wrong but I saw enough when U Conn played South Carolina and again last nite to convince me.

You're right, but there are some things you should just keep to your self.

msstate7
03-22-2016, 06:36 PM
I can only think of one good thing about playing uconn... There is absolutely no pressure on us. We should come out and play loose like we have nothing to lose bc we don't

Dawgowar
03-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Why even start this thread? Sometimes I wonder about our fans.

Jack - it was an MSU fan who confirmed Santa wasn't real. Just the way we all roll.

blacklistedbully
03-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Well, I think it depends on if we get a fairly-called game, and if the officials don't call a foul on us every time we breath on a UConn player.

If that happens, Vivians has a good game, and our bigs manage to hit shots inside the paint, I think we have a chance.

Dillingham is so smart and so good defensively, I could see her getting UConn in foul trouble early enough to make a difference. I can't say enough how much I love to watch that young lady play. For me, my favorite player. I admire hustle and great defense above all else.

As a team, we are damn good defensively. That gives us a chance.

smootness
03-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Vivians
Dillingham
Williams

When I say 'athletes' in regard to basketball, I mean 'basketball players'. So no.

Vivians was highly recruited, but UConn has several players even more highly recruited than she was who don't even really contribute. That's what I'm talking about.

It_Could_Happen
03-22-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm very interested to see how Dillingham does guarding Brianna Stewart. She prides herself on defense, and she's going to get the best player in the country to really see how good she is defensively.

RocketDawg
03-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Vivians
Dillingham
Williams

I do. But Stewart is at the top of the best. It'll be a challenge but I think our gals will come out charging and not be intimidated. They're a scrappy team. If they could make just half those little short shots they could win any normal game. Against UConn ... not sure.

RocketDawg
03-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Dillingham is fast. If she can keep from fouling her, she might do pretty well. Don't know how tall Stewart is, but Dillingham has to be giving up almost a foot. And Stewart has long arms too.

RocketDawg
03-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Well, I think it depends on if we get a fairly-called game, and if the officials don't call a foul on us every time we breath on a UConn player.

If that happens, Vivians has a good game, and our bigs manage to hit shots inside the paint, I think we have a chance.

Dillingham is so smart and so good defensively, I could see her getting UConn in foul trouble early enough to make a difference. I can't say enough how much I love to watch that young lady play. For me, my favorite player. I admire hustle and great defense above all else.

As a team, we are damn good defensively. That gives us a chance.

She's my favorite too. Never seen such intensity. Vivians just sorta sits back sometimes.

smootness
03-22-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm very interested to see how Dillingham does guarding Brianna Stewart. She prides herself on defense, and she's going to get the best player in the country to really see how good she is defensively.

Dillingham will not be guarding Stewart. That would be disastrous.

Coach34
03-22-2016, 11:18 PM
Our Guards are midgets and our post players are offensively retarded. Making the Sweet 16 is a really big accomplishment for this team. We play really good D- but like when we play Bama in football- the longer you are offensively inept and have to keep playing defense desperately- it just simply becomes inevitable that the collapse is coming.

If we had taller Guards with more length and our 6'5 post players could make a post move to score- we could hang with them. But we dont unfortunately

Dawg61
03-22-2016, 11:31 PM

Motion to make coastdoglover "Captain Obvious"

Dawg61
03-22-2016, 11:34 PM
We wouldn't beat UCONN if they only played 4 players all game. We'd still miss wide open layups.

Shit we wouldn't beat them if they only played 3 players and Pat Summitt coached them

shannondawg
03-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Looking on the bright side, ok, there is no bright side to this game.

Seriously it will give Shaeffer a pretty good idea going forward as to what we need in the way of players to compete on this level. A measuring stick so to speak.

Dawg61
03-23-2016, 08:24 AM

Seriously it will give Shaeffer a pretty good idea going forward as to what we need in the way of players to compete on this level. A measuring stick so to speak.

3 S's
Size
Speed
Skill

tcdog70
03-23-2016, 08:53 AM
Like I said ... Read more... Post less...
The thread was meaningless...

See, i don't think it is a useless thread to talk about a MSU team that is about to play in the Sweet 16 against maybe the best Women's BB team ever. What a privilege to able to play this game. Nobody expects us to be able to hang, so let's play loose. We need a thread to discuss this game. i would rather read and post on this than the various threads blasting our Baseball team and JC or anything Ole Miss. Yep we are a big underdog but Isn't that why we play? We want to play the Best, $hit our Girls deserve this chance to play Goliath, Who knows I remember when Nova beat Georgetown for the Natty.

And if it had been anyone other than CD post some of you haters would not have said $hit. Your responses are more about Him that the content of the post.

tcdog70
03-23-2016, 08:57 AM

i think Vic already knows what He needs. **** a measuring stick, go out, stick your chest out and try to beat them.

mic
03-23-2016, 09:12 AM
See, i don't think it is a useless thread to talk about a MSU team that is about to play in the Sweet 16 against maybe the best Women's BB team ever. What a privilege to able to play this game. Nobody expects us to be able to hang, so let's play loose. We need a thread to discuss this game. i would rather read and post on this than the various threads blasting our Baseball team and JC or anything Ole Miss. Yep we are a big underdog but Isn't that why we play? We want to play the Best, $hit our Girls deserve this chance to play Goliath, Who knows I remember when Nova beat Georgetown for the Natty.

And if it had been anyone other than CD post some of you haters would not have said $hit. Your responses are more about Him that the content of the post.

You don't get the point..,
The meaningless part of the thread was the title of the thread itself... Uconn will destroy us...
Come on.. We all know what a huge test lies ahead for the women and the chances of not a win but a competitve game is a long shot , but A Sweet 16 Team shouldn't have a thread starting like this...
It doesn't have to be a fluff piece , but **** .....

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Cocksucking thread. Total douche move starting a thread like this. Way to go asshat. Oh but you're a true dawg.

blacklistedbully
03-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Cocksucking thread. Total douche move starting a thread like this. Way to go asshat. Oh but you're a true dawg.

Yep. Would be one thing if he made a post about the huge challenge our ladies face, but no, he had to denigrate them.

As far as I'm concerned, they are Bulldogs, and have represented our university as well or better than any other sports team we've got. They have busted their butts to get better, have accomplished so much, and deserve our respect and support.

While that doesn't mean one has to believe they will upset UConn, it should mean that no true Bulldog would post such a headline as the OP did. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of those ladies are aware of this MB. I hate to think any of them would see that BS, or be told about it.

They deserve better, period.

State82
03-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Yep. Would be one thing if he made a post about the huge challenge our ladies face, but no, he had to denigrate them.

As far as I'm concerned, they are Bulldogs, and have represented our university as well or better than any other sports team we've got. They have busted their butts to get better, have accomplished so much, and deserve our respect and support.

While that doesn't mean one has to believe they will upset UConn, it should mean that no true Bulldog would post such a headline as the OP did. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of those ladies are aware of this MB. I hate to think any of them would see that BS, or be told about it.

Bravo. Very well put.

RocketCityDawg
03-23-2016, 12:11 PM

This says it all. Rep given.

shannondawg
03-23-2016, 12:38 PM

Yeah, lets get back to posting Fire Cohen. OL sucks, You know posts that count.

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Yeah, lets get back to posting Fire Cohen. OL sucks, You know posts that count.

How about posting something positive like the women's team making the sweet sixteen? Something that hasn't been done in men's basketball since before y'all's boy Stains was the coach. But no it's ****ing garbage about the women gonna get annihilated. Well go **** yourselves diaper boys.

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 01:24 PM
You don't get the point..,
The meaningless part of the thread was the title of the thread itself... Uconn will destroy us...
Come on.. We all know what a huge test lies ahead for the women and the chances of not a win but a competitve game is a long shot , but A Sweet 16 Team shouldn't have a thread starting like this...
It doesn't have to be a fluff piece , but **** .....

Well he's not used to sweet sixteen happening in hoops since the women have only been in 2010 and the men not since Richard Williams. He only keep up with what Stains did. Which was never get this far.

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 01:25 PM
So asshats are the Aggies gonna get destroyed too?

coastdoglover
03-23-2016, 01:34 PM
So maybe it was phrased wrong. Gee I have never seen any body else post anything that was that way but I find it amusing folks still think I am negative. I posted my beliefs and then as usual am attacked by the trolls. Even Coach34 and I agreed but UConn is the best women's team I have ever seen. Since half of you probably never even watch them, I am sure you could care less. Stansbury is long gone, get over it and Schaeffer is a great hire for us as is Howland.
So go screw yourselves and post about all the real relevant things like firing coaches or some other BS. Shannondawg and I at least bought tickets to the SEC men's tourney and I doubt many of you did much less buy season tickets.

drunkernhelldawg
03-23-2016, 01:40 PM
I was glad to see this in the paper today:

Mississippi State will face the Huskies in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament Saturday at Bridgeport, Connecticut, which will be about as neutral a court as The Hump was for Michigan State on Sunday. Chancellor, a Mississippi State alum who first gained fame at Ole Miss, has an opinion on that, too.

“I don't think it's really a fair deal for State,” Chancellor says. “They did enough in the SEC to be better than a five-seed. They already beat the best mid-major coach (Chattanooga's Jim Foster) and a really good Michigan State team. A team with their record in the SEC should not have to play Connecticut in Connecticut in the Round of 16. That's just my opinion.”

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 01:46 PM
So maybe it was phrased wrong. Gee I have never seen any body else post anything that was that way but I find it amusing folks still think I am negative. I posted my beliefs and then as usual am attacked by the trolls. Even Coach34 and I agreed but UConn is the best women's team I have ever seen. Since half of you probably never even watch them, I am sure you could care less. Stansbury is long gone, get over it and Schaeffer is a great hire for us as is Howland.
So go screw yourselves and post about all the real relevant things like firing coaches or some other BS. Shannondawg and I at least bought tickets to the SEC men's tourney and I doubt many of you did much less buy season tickets.

Maybe it was phrased wrong? Yeah I guess probably so. And you showed us throwing around your ticket purchases. That just solidifies douchebag status. Not you buying the tickets of course, good job, but the fact you thump your chest to it.

blacklistedbully
03-23-2016, 01:50 PM

It's your title that is the real problem. Had you simply made it, "WBB team faces a huge challenge", or, "WBB going up against the prohibitive favorite", it sets a different tone.

As a Bulldog team, and given how well they have done representing us, they deserve to be treated by our fans with respect. Your title was disrespectful. You're entitled to your opinion, and are clearly free to express it, but when you take a shot like that at our WBB team, you should expect the flak you get.

Everybody knows UConn has been head & shoulders better than everyone they've played thus far. But our ladies are scrappy as hell, and we've got some real talent as well. Hell, they're ranked 14/15 in the nation, and up until some crappy officiating were beating 16/17 Michigan State like a red-headed stepchild. I prefer to root them on and build them up. You decided to tear them down before the game even started.

Not cool.

coastdoglover
03-23-2016, 01:50 PM
So asshats are the Aggies gonna get destroyed too?

Probably won't make it out of the regional but they certainly did okay in the league this year. That has nothing to do with this discussion and there is no men's team as elite as UConn is in the women's bracket. We got a shitty draw and I state in my original post, in case you missed it, I would be thrilled if we won or even kept it respectful. And Asshat, since when does it matter who reads these boards? Hasn't seemed to bother those who try to fire a coach every year or so. Pot meet kettle. And by the way, ask Jazzman Holmes and Amysha Williams who encouraged them to attend MSU. It sure as hell wasn't you.

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Probably won't make it out of the regional but they certainly did okay in the league this year. That has nothing to do with this discussion and there is no men's team as elite as UConn is in the women's bracket. We got a shitty draw and I state in my original post, in case you missed it, I would be thrilled if we won or even kept it respectful. And Asshat, since when does it matter who reads these boards? Hasn't seemed to bother those who try to fire a coach every year or so. Pot meet kettle. And by the way, ask Jazzman Holmes and Amysha Williams who encouraged them to attend MSU. It sure as hell wasn't you.

Well since you are helping with recruiting why title a thread the way you did big-timer? And talking about firing a coach and creating a thread title that absolutely is disparaging to a team (of players) that has done something only one other team in our history has accomplished is well, different. But you are so big in the hoops world at MSU that I guess it's ok for you to type anything you want about the players. Since you did recruit them and you and shannondawg are the 2 biggest and possibly only supporters. Fire away asshole since you own them.

NeshobaChuck
03-23-2016, 02:59 PM
In my opinion this might be one of those games were you start McCowin and Okorie and bring chapel in off the bench that's just my thoughts

starkvegasdawg
03-23-2016, 03:02 PM
I knew UConn was good but I had no idea how good until I crunched the numbers. Their average margin of victory this season has been 40 points. Against 8 ranked teams (avg ranking 12) they have played their margin of victory is still 17 points. Closest game they played was a 10 point win against #6 Maryland.

Jack Lambert
03-23-2016, 03:08 PM

If this was a regular season game and State sucked it would have been ok but this is the best MSU women team in history. You should have just phrased it differently.

coastdoglover
03-23-2016, 03:28 PM
Well since you are helping with recruiting why title a thread the way you did big-timer? And talking about firing a coach and creating a thread title that absolutely is disparaging to a team (of players) that has done something only one other team in our history has accomplished is well, different. But you are so big in the hoops world at MSU that I guess it's ok for you to type anything you want about the players. Since you did recruit them and you and shannondawg are the 2 biggest and possibly only supporters. Fire away asshole since you own them.

I seen it. I know you are Coach34's buddy so don't start that crap with me. All we read about for 4 years was negativity regarding a former coach. I don't know you and probably could care less if I ever do. I have corresponded with Coach34 and we agree on most things but if you want to start a war, go ahead, you are in over your head. You must love to start crap but nobody is perfect and for damn sure it isn't you. And by the way, I didn't say one negative thing about our players. They are great kids and will only get better. That is more than I can say for you.

shannondawg
03-23-2016, 03:41 PM
I think cdl has stated more than one time , that he phrased it wrong. He is a good guy and admitted his mistake, So lets not be redundant here.

shannondawg
03-23-2016, 03:47 PM
How about posting something positive like the women's team making the sweet sixteen? Something that hasn't been done in men's basketball since before y'all's boy Stains was the coach. But no it's ****ing garbage about the women gonna get annihilated. Well go **** yourselves diaper boys.

My my my, getting touchy are we? Midol didn't work?

basedog
03-23-2016, 03:54 PM
I'd suggest a game of red rover red rover but I don't know who would be the captains much less the players on each team?

Red Rover Red Rover send .....%$#@&*...right over, then all hell would break out on why the captain chose to send %$#@& over!

Now that's an agenda!

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 04:49 PM
I seen it. I know you are Coach34's buddy so don't start that crap with me. All we read about for 4 years was negativity regarding a former coach. I don't know you and probably could care less if I ever do. I have corresponded with Coach34 and we agree on most things but if you want to start a war, go ahead, you are in over your head. You must love to start crap but nobody is perfect and for damn sure it isn't you. And by the way, I didn't say one negative thing about our players. They are great kids and will only get better. That is more than I can say for you.

Start a war? In over my head? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha. Why don't you just say something mad about my momma.

Negative? Uconn gonna destroy us? Ok then

I seen it dawg
03-23-2016, 04:50 PM
My my my, getting touchy are we? Midol didn't work?

I'm not touchy at all. You may want to check on your boy though. Diaper a little tight.