PDA

View Full Version : I've seen some OM fans on other sites...

Coach34
03-21-2016, 08:29 PM
throw out "the burner phone stuff is BS. The NCAA doesnt have the power to confiscate a phone"

No OM fans- you are right. The NCAA doesnt have the power to confiscate a burner phone. But they can politely ask- and recruits of OM that sign with other schools certainly have the free will to turn them over to the NCAA once told they wont be suspended for being honest about how OM recruited them.

And I've heard that has happened at least twice.

Jack Lambert
03-21-2016, 08:41 PM
Ole Miss Fans are one step below USM fans.

GreenheadDawg
03-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Ole Miss Fans are one step below USM fans.

OM fans are one step below AIDS

BossDawg
03-21-2016, 10:34 PM
If investigators are doing what I've heard they are doing, and that is asking recruits to sing without worrying about being declared ineligible, then they would have no reason NOT to hand over the phones.

BrokerDawg
03-21-2016, 10:37 PM
throw out "the burner phone stuff is BS. The NCAA doesnt have the power to confiscate a phone"

No OM fans- you are right. The NCAA doesnt have the power to confiscate a burner phone. But they can politely ask- and recruits of OM that sign with other schools certainly have the free will to turn them over to the NCAA once told they wont be suspended for being honest about how OM recruited them.

And I've heard that has happened at least twice.

Coach my Bama source says you are right about the burner phone.

AlSwearengen
03-22-2016, 09:47 AM
If investigators are doing what I've heard they are doing, and that is asking recruits to sing without worrying about being declared ineligible, then they would have no reason NOT to hand over the phones.

And I would imagine the ncaa is throwing in a little tidbit like "but, if you aren't truthful and we find out later, it will cost you some eligibility". If an 18 yr. old hears that, they are going to sing.

1bigdawg
03-22-2016, 09:52 AM
The amazing thing is that the NCAA does not need proof, just what they consider a credible accusation. Doug Buckles got $50? - maybe, but there was no proof. When they do find hard proof, they tend to be very hard;)