PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article from the Daily Journal on the Plantation

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2016, 07:10 PM
http://djournal.com/sports/donations-welcome-but-influence-not-for-sale/

What do y'all make of this?

BrunswickDawg
03-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Sounds like a set up before a scapegoat gets taken to the slaughterhouse.

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Sounds like a set up before a scapegoat gets taken to the slaughterhouse.

That's kind of what I thought too. I wonder if something is about to break?

Dawgowar
03-21-2016, 07:42 PM
I saw it as a reminder to "Buy players! Not influence! And for goodness sake please, no more used cell phone drives for the under communicative high school students of 'murica! They have to send properly punctuated, slang-free letters on heavy bond paper to the coaching staff. That is how gentlemen communicate during recruiting!"

Maybe I didn't read it right.

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2016, 07:44 PM
So money doesn't buy influence? Riiiiiighhht. That's complete BS...especially at a place like tsun.

Coach34
03-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Thats so OM

An article about needing money but that money doesnt allow undue influence on things. Its like a propaganda piece about how vigilant they are while literally dealing with an NCAA investigation

DancingRabbit
03-21-2016, 08:03 PM
Good lord, the OM lapdogs in the in-state media.

Jack Lambert
03-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Some booster has been busted by the NCAA. It might have something to do with the 2NOA

spiritual_machine2005
03-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't Cannon Motor's be considered a booster? Weren't they a corporate sponsor or something? I do remember they sponsored mccready's radio show until it came out that they were the ones providing rental cars to UM players.

RocketDawg
03-21-2016, 08:38 PM
It's definitely a propaganda, damage control and making excuses for what they feel like is about to happen. And saying that it only takes one rogue booster is pretty much admitting that something's up ... but maybe they were talking about the car for Tunsil.

Jack Lambert
03-21-2016, 08:42 PM
It's definitely a propaganda, damage control and making excuses for what they feel like is about to happen. And saying that it only takes one rogue booster is pretty much admitting that something's up ... but maybe they were talking about the car for Tunsil.

One rogue booster killed Bama back in the late 90's. Several years later he killed him self.

dawggoneit
03-21-2016, 09:18 PM
So money doesn't buy influence? Riiiiiighhht. That's complete BS...especially at a place like tsun.

Money does not buy influence at om! You have to rent that monthly.

confucius say
03-21-2016, 09:24 PM
What the hell was the purpose of that article. It reads like a public service announcement and ends abruptly. I expected the author to come to a conclusion or offer some insight and it never happened. Bookmark this for later.

sbcmortgageman
03-21-2016, 10:05 PM
Ross is fighting for his job maybe.

BrokerDawg
03-21-2016, 10:34 PM
One rogue booster killed Bama back in the late 90's. Several years later he killed him self.

From Wikipedia:
"On April 11, 2006, Young was found dead in his home in Memphis.[4] Originally thought to be a homicide due to the large amount of blood found throughout the house, local police concluded that Young's death was accidental.[8] This conclusion however is not without controversy due to the implausible explanation given by investigators. According to Homicide Lt. Joe Scott in a press conference, Young tripped while carrying a salad and soft drink up a set of stairs and hit his head on an iron railing. The fall onto the railing opened a large gash across the top of Young's head, causing him to drop to the floor bleeding profusely. After lying on the floor for some time, Young got up and walked bleeding through several rooms of his spacious, two-story house before ending up in his second-floor bedroom. According to Scott, Young walked past several telephones but didn't place an emergency call.

An appeal of the federal conviction on money laundering and conspiracy charges was pending when Young died.[9]"

sbcmortgageman
03-22-2016, 05:10 AM
In the day and age of pimping out your fresh writings via social media, I find it interesting that neither Alford nor Pitts tweeted out this article Sunday or yesterday for readers on Twitter. Take that as you will.

Martianlander
03-22-2016, 07:51 AM
Something's up. They have an agenda and trying to get ahead of some bad news. NOI? Illegal preference on a bid? Favoritism in awarding a contract? The possibilities are endless.

Dawg61
03-22-2016, 08:01 AM
Did he eat the salad still?

QuadrupleOption
03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
This is nothing more than groundwork to set up the next set of talking points.

"We aren't under investigation."
"We're working with the NCAA to get through these minor allegations."
"We've received an NOA but everything's okay. It's all old business. Most of the violations weren't football related."
"It's over. No more investigation."

"Well ..... you know, we work REAL HARD to try and follow the rules, but all it takes is that ONE ROGUE BOOSTER and we get unfairly tarnished!"

Wash ... rinse ... repeat.

PassInterference
03-22-2016, 09:28 AM
http://djournal.com/sports/donations-welcome-but-influence-not-for-sale/

What do y'all make of this?

http://i.qkme.me/3ryjdc.jpg

lastmajordog
03-22-2016, 09:43 AM
There is no Rogue Booster in "The Network"....

AlSwearengen
03-22-2016, 09:52 AM
"Vitter took over in January and began his employment amid an on-going NCAA investigation".

I can't keep up, but have the rebels been denying that there is still an investigation? I seem to remember that the party line has been that it is over and not much to it. Or have they switched gears?

Coach34
03-22-2016, 10:12 AM
They switched talking points after the ULL story hit it went from no investigation to they have known about this this the whole time. It's mostly girls basketball and track

fishwater99
03-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Something's up. They have an agenda and trying to get ahead of some bad news. NOI? Illegal preference on a bid? Favoritism in awarding a contract? The possibilities are endless.

It's coming and they know it's bad because they have the letter, now the mouthpieces for the Confederates are doing early damage control before the bad news hits.
Expect to see much more of this before they actually respond to the NOI and have to respond and it hits the press.

TrapGame
03-22-2016, 11:24 AM
Trying to soften the blow.

Ralph
03-22-2016, 12:06 PM
On Feb 10th, Bdork told the CL that the NCAA told OM the investigation is over, however there have been multiple reports suggesting the 2016 class and players OM recruited that signed elsewhere were still being interviewed.

The NCAA only notifies the school of an investigation if they're investigating on-campus, and they do not have to inform the school of an off campus investigation.

I think it's likely the NCAA told Bdork the 3 year on campus investigation is over (hence NOA1), and have not informed them of the separate investigation which is occurring off campus with former recruits and 2016 class. This is my theory anyway and explains NOA2 rumors.

Coach34
03-22-2016, 01:04 PM
On Feb 10th, Bdork told the CL that the NCAA told OM the investigation is over, however there have been multiple reports suggesting the 2016 class and players OM recruited that signed elsewhere were still being interviewed.

The NCAA only notifies the school of an investigation if they're investigating on-campus, and they do not have to inform the school of an off campus investigation.

I think it's likely the NCAA told Bdork the 3 year on campus investigation is over (hence NOA1), and have not informed them of the separate investigation which is occurring off campus with former recruits and 2016 class. This is my theory anyway and explains NOA2 rumors.

There we go- a post that makes perfect sense

Belegal
03-22-2016, 01:57 PM
If that' the case why was tsun at the interviews of ULL coach Saunders at ULL & interviews of Chris Jones who signed with us? Would they be allowed at any alleged interviews of Alabama signees Scarbrough & Carter as it pertains to their investigations of tsun recruiting?

mic
03-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Great article ????. Still trying to figure out the point of it..

Liverpooldawg
03-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Great article ????. Still trying to figure out the point of it..

Interesting, not great. I think the point is as the first responder and several others have stated: something has happened or is about to happen. I think a booster/s has either been implicated or thrown under the bus. This is to soften the blow when it comes. It could be that they are going public saying it wasn't our fault, it was the boosters. That article wasn't put out there just for jollies.

TrapGame
03-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Interesting, not great. I think the point is as the first responder and several others have stated: something has happened or is about to happen. I think a booster/s has either been implicated or thrown under the bus. This is to soften the blow when it comes. It could be that they are going public saying it wasn't our fault, it was the boosters. That article wasn't put out there just for jollies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TuLBa-rgBk&feature=youtu.be

Coach34
03-22-2016, 03:00 PM
If that' the case why was tsun at the interviews of ULL coach Saunders at ULL & interviews of Chris Jones who signed with us? Would they be allowed at any alleged interviews of Alabama signees Scarbrough & Carter as it pertains to their investigations of tsun recruiting?

On Sanders- it was because they were already investigating him.

OM is not allowed to be in on all the questioning- I do know that. Especially considering how many people are actually questioned. They were not in at least one of the sessions Miller had with the NCAA- maybe neither.

Interesting question though

Jack Lambert
03-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Trying to soften the blow.

I heard they had the **** bus loaded with blonde whores ready to leave for the NCAA head quarters.

Jack Lambert
03-22-2016, 05:53 PM
There is no Rogue Booster in "The Network"....

I thought about this and do anyone here think that a Booster is going to fall on the sword for Ole Miss. He comes out and said he took care of everything and the staff did not know anything about it?

MedDawg
03-22-2016, 06:01 PM

BeardoMSU
03-22-2016, 06:08 PM
"That depends on what your definition of is is"

"We are not being investigated by that organization. The NCAA."

Nicely done, lol.