PDA

View Full Version : #10 in Baseball America

Jacksondevildog
03-21-2016, 08:47 AM
Someone needs to be fired over this.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-top-25-march-21/#hODExQgim1UfIyBI.97

msstate7
03-21-2016, 08:59 AM
Seems the pollsters are more forgiving than rpi. Good deal

CadaverDawg
03-21-2016, 09:01 AM
I've got to quit being so negative.....my first thought when I saw this was, "Damn, Top 10, now we'll lose 2 of 3 at home to unranked Georgia". Ha, not sure if this mindset is Cohen's fault or if it's just a natural MSU fan outlook.

msstate7
03-21-2016, 09:09 AM
I've got to quit being so negative.....my first thought when I saw this was, "Damn, Top 10, now we'll lose 2 of 3 at home to unranked Georgia". Ha, not sure if this mindset is Cohen's fault or if it's just a natural MSU fan outlook.

I think you're wrong and right for being negative. We're good enough to go beat one of the best teams in the country at their place and we lost to 2 crap teams in the same week. We jumped 5 spots coming off a 2-3 week. I don't know about you, but my being critical is bc I know we're good and I expect us to show it every game, not just when we feel an opponent is good.

confucius say
03-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Seems the pollsters are more forgiving than rpi. Good deal

I thought our rpi went up from this time last week

shoeless joe
03-21-2016, 09:38 AM

That's just the state fan in you. Been having the same thought process for way longer than Cohen has been here.

msstate7
03-21-2016, 09:40 AM

Could have... I thought I read we essentially broke even, but I could certainly be wrong

Jack Lambert
03-21-2016, 09:47 AM

We sweep this weekend.

Jacksondevildog
03-21-2016, 09:49 AM
Thursday will be tough versus Georgia. The guy they're going to start on the mound is a potential first round draft pick. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday series this week.

BeardoMSU
03-21-2016, 09:51 AM
I think you're wrong and right for being negative. We're good enough to go beat one of the best teams in the country at their place and we lost to 2 crap teams in the same week. We jumped 5 spots coming off a 2-3 week. I don't know about you, but my being critical is bc I know we're good and I expect us to show it every game, not just when we feel an opponent is good.

The pieces are all there, and we know we're good. Unfortunately, if the season plays out like I hope, those type of crap losses could be the difference between hosting as a national seed, and just hosting.

#1stWorldProblems**

**** me for complaining and being a negative Nancy***

msstate7
03-21-2016, 09:51 AM
Thursday will be tough versus Georgia. The guy they're going to start on the mound is a potential first round draft pick. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday series this week.

For the first time since Stratton, I feel we match up with any Friday night guy. Just need Hudson to keep his pitch count reasonable so he can go deep in games

BeardoMSU
03-21-2016, 09:53 AM
For the first time since Stratton, I feel we match up with any Friday night guy. Just need Hudson to keep his pitch count reasonable so he can go deep in games

He was str8 dealing this past weekend, that's for sure.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
03-21-2016, 09:53 AM

Ours is too, right?

Jack Lambert
03-21-2016, 10:04 AM
Ole Miss has only played ten games against teams above 500 and a few of them are just above 500. I guess the reason their RPI is so high is the fact those teams have high RPI's.

missouridawg
03-21-2016, 10:07 AM

If you're the type of person who hates how well OM is marketed, then yes, you need to stop being negative. Part of what they do so well is go hide when they want to whine, so negativity stays to themselves.

Dawg61
03-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Ours is too, right?

Yup and still climbing. Might be top 15 pick.

notsofarawaydawg
03-21-2016, 10:10 AM
So Polk wasn't so bad after all .. HUH ???? ***

Dawgface
03-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Someone needs to be fired over this.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-top-25-march-21/#hODExQgim1UfIyBI.97

Just think what we would be ranked if the meddler didn't meddle. :)

ShotgunDawg
03-21-2016, 10:29 AM
Ole Miss has only played ten games against teams above 500 and a few of them are just above 500. I guess the reason their RPI is so high is the fact those teams have high RPI's.

I wouldn't worry about Ole Miss this year. They aren't very talented.

However, their schedule this year is why the the "SEC Conference Championship" is defunct.

While MSU has to play the two most talented teams in America on the road (FL & Vandy), Ole Miss doesn't have to play either in the regular season. Not sure how they ended up with that schedule, but it basically shows you that the SEC champion can be a scam if they have the right schedule.

Either way, MSU has significantly more pro talent on the roster this year than Ole Miss & is better built to make a run the post season. However, it's completely plausible that they finish above us in the SEC West, due to their Sunbelt schedule

Political Hack
03-21-2016, 10:32 AM
Objectively, that seems high after those two midweek losses. Happy we're top 10, but it would've felt a lot nicer had we handled business against teams that shouldn't be competing with us, much less beating us.

Political Hack
03-21-2016, 10:33 AM

However, their schedule this year is why the the "SEC Conference Championship" is defunct.

While MSU has to play the two most talented teams in America on the road (FL & Vandy), Ole Miss doesn't have to play either in the regular season. Not sure how they ended up with that schedule, but it basically shows you that the SEC champion can be a scam if they have the right schedule.

Either way, MSU has significantly more pro talent on the roster this year than Ole Miss & is better built to make a run the post season. However, it's completely plausible that they finish above us in the SEC West, due to their Sunbelt schedule

Great points.

M.Fillmore
03-21-2016, 12:28 PM

Did you know that the Bears never played Alabama in any of their six SEC championship seasons in football?

Of the ten traditional SEC teams, Fredo has played Vandy more than any other SEC team and Fredo has played Alabama less than any other SEC team.

Of the ten traditional SEC teams, MSU has played Alabama more than any other SEC team and MSU has played Vandy less than any other SEC team.

For decades MSU played home games on the road. Fredo? Not so much. Lousy administration accounts for much of MSU's weak football history.

State82
03-21-2016, 12:35 PM

On Boyd's World we were 21 last Monday. By Thursday we had dropped to 54 after the midweek debacles. Today we are 27 or 28, something like that.

MSUDawg99
03-21-2016, 12:38 PM

It's Cohen's fault. I feel the same way. I can't let myself get excited about this team cause the minute I do they shit the bed.

Jack Lambert
03-21-2016, 12:41 PM
It's Cohen's fault. I feel the same way. I can't let myself get excited about this team cause the minute I do they shit the bed.

I would bet all Million of my Vcash we don't lose a mid week game this week.

MSUDawg99
03-21-2016, 12:44 PM
I would bet all Million of my Vcash we don't lose a mid week game this week.

Damn son! That's a lot of Vcash! I damn sure hope we don't lose to Miss Valley State. That would be another embarrassing loss. Of course I can't watch cause it apparently messes up our mojo when I tune in so I can't anymore.