PDA

View Full Version : Stans part of the best NCAA tournament comeback of all time.

Political Hack
03-20-2016, 09:57 PM
To get to the sweet 16 to boot. Congrats to him.

14-2 run in about 30 seconds. Unreal.

MarketingBully
03-20-2016, 09:59 PM
They fouled and it wasn't called on their press. Not too much to that.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 10:03 PM
I refuse to take the bait

shannondawg
03-20-2016, 10:03 PM
I even saw Meo in the stands.

starkvegasdawg
03-20-2016, 10:06 PM
Were the kids behind the bench giving advice to the players, too?

dawgman42
03-20-2016, 10:13 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BqZx9gY2m48/hqdefault.jpg
Still love it

pilldawg
03-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Never heard of that in basketball, but interesting.

starkvegasdawg
03-20-2016, 11:07 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BqZx9gY2m48/hqdefault.jpg
Still love it

I'm still shocked he didn't turn around and smack him so hard he landed about 5 rows back.

Dawg61
03-20-2016, 11:09 PM
I recommend everyone watch the replay and start it with a minute left in regulation. Most ridiculous comeback I've ever seen!

Apoplectic
03-20-2016, 11:32 PM
I'm still shocked he didn't turn around and smack him so hard he landed about 5 rows back.

Hmmm I thought it was one of the coolest things Ive ever see in sports. In fact stans was asked after the game what was the convo and he said he was telling him to rebound and play D. Normal people love this about college sports. The others poison trees.

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2016, 05:15 AM
Hmmm I thought it was one of the coolest things Ive ever see in sports. In fact stans was asked after the game what was the convo and he said he was telling him to rebound and play D. Normal people love this about college sports. The others poison trees.
Look at our player's face and tell me how much he looks like he loved it. How much would anybody love being lectured by some little kid?

And by your statement you're either "normal" and think this is cool or a total douchebag and go poison trees? Guess I better call old Harvey up and discuss strategy and methods then. Because in my opinion, getting lectured by some little snot just because he's the coaches kid is not college sports. College sports is the LFL and the cowbell. It's the Camerin crazies. College sports is telling your rival to go to hell after the national anthem. It's all that and a hundred other traditions. It's not having to bite your tongue and endure what he did on national tv because if he didn't he'd be kicked off the team.

HSVDawg
03-21-2016, 06:33 AM
To get to the sweet 16 to boot. Congrats to him.

14-2 run in about 30 seconds. Unreal.

Its a great accomplishment and all, but its nothing compared to when he took us all the way to the Final Four in '96***

DanDority
03-21-2016, 06:52 AM
Look at our player's face and tell me how much he looks like he loved it. How much would anybody love being lectured by some little kid?

And by your statement you're either "normal" and think this is cool or a total douchebag and go poison trees? Guess I better call old Harvey up and discuss strategy and methods then. Because in my opinion, getting lectured by some little snot just because he's the coaches kid is not college sports. College sports is the LFL and the cowbell. It's the Camerin crazies. College sports is telling your rival to go to hell after the national anthem. It's all that and a hundred other traditions. It's not having to bite your tongue and endure what he did on national tv because if he didn't he'd be kicked off the team.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again.

Dawgface
03-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Stans part of the best NCAA tournament comeback of all time

Still has the magic touch. :)

Political Hack
03-21-2016, 08:34 AM
Its a great accomplishment and all, but its nothing compared to when he took us all the way to the Final Four in '96***

You're right. That's probably the best team he's ever assembled.

Apoplectic
03-21-2016, 08:39 AM

Bost didn't have a problem with it, we won the game and tourney, and little stans made sportscenter. It was a cool moment for the MSU Family. That's our mantra right?

And BTW yes Bost said he planned to go swimming in the team hotel pool after the game.

fishwater99
03-21-2016, 08:45 AM
Never heard of that in basketball, but interesting.

Maybe defensive coordinator or recruiting coordinator, but not offensive...

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2016, 08:53 AM
Bost didn't have a problem with it, we won the game and tourney, and little stans made sportscenter. It was a cool moment for the MSU Family. That's our mantra right?

And BTW yes Bost said he planned to go swimming in the team hotel pool after the game.

Of course he said he didn't have a problem with it. What'd you expect him to say? The look on his face when it was happening said something entirely different.

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2016, 09:02 AM
Of course he said he didn't have a problem with it. What'd you expect him to say? The look on his face when it was happening said something entirely different.

Good grief let it go. He ain't even our last coach anymore.

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Good grief let it go. He ain't even our last coach anymore.

Last I checked I didn't start this thread. I just made a comment on a memory that came to mind from reading aforementioned previously started thread.

mic
03-21-2016, 09:33 AM
Biggest meltdown ever....

ShotgunDawg
03-21-2016, 09:36 AM
Is this Meo in the middle from yesterday?

http://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/northern-iowa-with-the-biggest-collapse-in-tournament-history-were-up-12-with-44-seconds-left-and-somehow-lost-in-double-ot/?utm_campaign=BarstoolSports&utm_source=BarstoolTw&utm_medium=Socialflow

Ralph
03-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Is this Meo in the middle from yesterday?

http://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/northern-iowa-with-the-biggest-collapse-in-tournament-history-were-up-12-with-44-seconds-left-and-somehow-lost-in-double-ot/?utm_campaign=BarstoolSports&utm_source=BarstoolTw&utm_medium=Socialflow

Somebody give that woman a brown paper bag