PDA

View Full Version : Kameron Wood leaves OM

hacker
08-13-2013, 10:58 PM
According to a post on 247:

Anyone remember him? Everyone thought he would commit to us but committed to OM. Well guess what? He's left the team today. Funny how that worked out.

This is the guy that announced in Birmingham after telling all of our people that he was committing to us, right? Essentially did a hat fake? Karma is a bitch.

Coach34
08-13-2013, 11:05 PM
damn- how many guys do they have left from that famous 2011 class?

Todd4State
08-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Well, if I remember correctly he fooled Rosebowl more than anyone else. I think Paul said he was going to Ole Miss at the time or it was at best 50/50.

Dawg61
08-13-2013, 11:14 PM
This should be something someone on here keeps up with. Like AzzuriDawg does on SPS. Spreadsheet the MSU signees and the UOM signees and lets see whose left for each class.

Coach34
08-13-2013, 11:18 PM
This should be something someone on here keeps up with. Like AzzuriDawg does on SPS. Spreadsheet the MSU signees and the UOM signees and lets see whose left for each class.

now THAT is an Elitedawg idea

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Delete

engie
08-13-2013, 11:39 PM

On it...

If I can dig through my post history, I had one showing all their attrition during the "Mullen era" when, according to them, they've won 4 of 5 recruiting battles(and if pushed a little will claim the 5th because ESPN ranked them above us despite them being in the 60s on reputable sites)

engie
08-13-2013, 11:48 PM
RebelWire ?@RebelWire 1h
http://*******/OMWire Jacksonville State adds another SEC transfer in former John Carroll standout Kameron Wood http://*******/15BZ4RA
Appears true...

Dawg61
08-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Awesome! Thanks Engie.

CJDAWG85
08-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Wonder why he settled for Jacksonville St? He could've gone to a C-USA or a Sun Belt school...

Dawg61
08-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Eligible immediately I'd assume.

Todd4State
08-14-2013, 01:33 AM
Wonder why he settled for Jacksonville St? He could've gone to a C-USA or a Sun Belt school...

So he can kick their ass on the field.

engie
08-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Austin Douglas quit on them today too...

Lot of guys further down the depth chart starting to leave...

sbcmortgageman
08-14-2013, 04:49 AM

Won't have to sit out. Can play this fall.

PMDawg
08-14-2013, 07:35 AM
On it...

If I can dig through my post history, I had one showing all their attrition during the "Mullen era" when, according to them, they've won 4 of 5 recruiting battles(and if pushed a little will claim the 5th because ESPN ranked them above us despite them being in the 60s on reputable sites)

Taking it a little further, I was actually thinking last night we should try to go back and do our own reranking/scoring based on the actual production of some of these guys. They counted Brassell in 3 different classes (Powe & Liggins too I believe) and he never really contributed other than a tiny bit his Fr year. If you go back and give him 3 stars that one year he played, and 1 star the two years he was counted and never saw the field, it would make a huge difference. Same with Pat Pat. They got 5 stars for him, he gave them 1 star worth of production. Conversely, we had Banks, McKinney, Day, etc. who were 2 stars and we got 4 or 5 stars worth of production out of these guys. Admittedly, we would have to adjust some of theirs up (Denzel) and some of ours down (M. Conner, M. Carr) but I think the overall result would be that we are actually outrecruiting them based on production instead of some fictional star system. This MAY (I don't have high hopes) back some of our more ludicrous star gazers off the ledge. At the least, it would show that Mullen has a solid recruiting strategy.

Coach34
08-14-2013, 08:22 AM

How long before Freezus tells the media they have no depth and are only playing with 50 players?

maroonmania
08-14-2013, 08:42 AM

OM spin will probably tell us they are leaving because with all of the elite talent being brought in they see no hope for playing time.

Rick Danko
08-14-2013, 08:48 AM
OM spin will probably tell us they are leaving because with all of the elite talent being brought in they see no hope for playing time.

Abolutely, first thing that came to my mind when I read this...

"There is no way these guys will ever see the field with the talent Freeze is bringing in, so they decided it was best to go on to greener pastures where they can get some playing time"....

DawgInMemphis
08-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Taking it a little further, I was actually thinking last night we should try to go back and do our own reranking/scoring based on the actual production of some of these guys. They counted Brassell in 3 different classes (Powe & Liggins too I believe) and he never really contributed other than a tiny bit his Fr year. If you go back and give him 3 stars that one year he played, and 1 star the two years he was counted and never saw the field, it would make a huge difference. Same with Pat Pat. They got 5 stars for him, he gave them 1 star worth of production. Conversely, we had Banks, McKinney, Day, etc. who were 2 stars and we got 4 or 5 stars worth of production out of these guys. Admittedly, we would have to adjust some of theirs up (Denzel) and some of ours down (M. Conner, M. Carr) but I think the overall result would be that we are actually outrecruiting them based on production instead of some fictional star system. This MAY (I don't have high hopes) back some of our more ludicrous star gazers off the ledge. At the least, it would show that Mullen has a solid recruiting strategy.

We've beaten them 3 out of the last 4 years. This tells me all I need to know about recruiting and the number of stars someone has next to their name.

MSUDawg4Life
08-14-2013, 09:07 AM
I guess what goes around comes around. That guy was so delighted when he thought he had screwed us over ....

fishwater99
08-14-2013, 09:31 AM
How long before Freezus tells the media they have no depth and are only playing with 50 players?

After they those their first game.

biscuit
08-14-2013, 09:38 AM
I can hear it now, "See what had happened was...."

Goat Holder
08-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Hall (3 star), Miller (3 star), Mayers (3 star Dandy Dozen), Singleton, Brassell and now Wood. That's alot of star power gone.

Ronny
08-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Hall (3 star), Miller (3 star), Mayers (3 star Dandy Dozen), Singleton, Brassell and now Wood. That's alot of star power gone.

...& I'm sure there are 2 or 3 you left out, but I'm too lazy to go look it up.

What gets me is the media thinks OM can lose this many quality players yet it will in no way impede their upcoming 8 win season.

If MSU was getting hit this hard by attrition both the local & national media would have us penciled in for a 4 win season.

Bullmutt
08-14-2013, 12:18 PM
discussing the number of NFL draftees for each conference team over the last twenty years and the number of 4-5* players for each team over the last five years. Looking at the numbers, it's pretty obvious which team in the state was the big [I]underachiever [I]over the last few years.

MSUDeltadawg1971
08-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Engie, when I read what you said about Austin Douglas I had to call my exwife, Austin's her cousin. She said Ole Miss promised him a scholarship if he made the team. Last week they informed him they couldn't do that now so he met with Freeze. Freeze told him he knew nothing about it and couldn't help him this year. She said Austin told him he was a liar and qould not play for a liar and would go elsewhere. He signed yesterday with North Western somebody in Louisiana. Sad thing is, he bled Maroon and White and all but begged for a chance to walk on and win a scholarship with us. I even talked to Chris Wilson on a plane trip about him from Ft Myers to Atlanta, Wilson left the next week.

Todd4State
08-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Engie, when I read what you said about Austin Douglas I had to call my exwife, Austin's her cousin. She said Ole Miss promised him a scholarship if he made the team. Last week they informed him they couldn't do that now so he met with Freeze. Freeze told him he knew nothing about it and couldn't help him this year. She said Austin told him he was a liar and qould not play for a liar and would go elsewhere. He signed yesterday with North Western somebody in Louisiana. Sad thing is, he bled Maroon and White and all but begged for a chance to walk on and win a scholarship with us. I even talked to Chris Wilson on a plane trip about him from Ft Myers to Atlanta, Wilson left the next week.

What a piece of crap. And I guarantee you that they told him that so that they could keep their South Panola perception pipeline going.

mic
08-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Need this kid to Call KV and tell him what happened.. KV is on the war path right now anyway.. he would be all over it..

RougeDawg
08-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Need this kid to Call KV and tell him what happened.. KV is on the war path right now anyway.. he would be all over it..

Veazey..... Where are you??

DoggyStyle
08-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I love it. their whole class is falling apart. they wont be able to field a team at this rate

RougeDawg
08-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Was in February I believe. He broke down the attrition of OM's past few classes and how they would be rated now, based on who is still there.

Political Hack
08-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Same group dealt with Wood that dealt with Moncrief deal, right?

this could be a little more than just another player leaving...

FlabLoser
08-14-2013, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40