PDA

View Full Version : Question for the more insightful

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-20-2016, 07:31 PM
basketball experts than I am.

I love watching March Madness and look forward to seeing Ben Howland leading our Bulldogs to a berth in the tourney.

Since we have the 5th/6th ranked class coming in next year to go along with Q, Ready, and possibly Malik, what should we realistically expect out of next years squad?

I think of Kentucky losing 7-8 players to the NBA and then relying on incoming freshmen the next year and seeing them still have success and making a run in the tourney.

Is it realistic to think we could do that next year? Or do we need another top class or two to go along with what we will have next year?

msstate7
03-20-2016, 07:34 PM
I think for us to make the NCAA, Malik has to come back and be the plsyer that everyone thinks he is.

Liverpooldawg
03-20-2016, 07:38 PM

I love watching March Madness and look forward to seeing Ben Howland leading our Bulldogs to a berth in the tourney.

Since we have the 5th/6th ranked class coming in next year to go along with Q, Ready, and possibly Malik, what should we realistically expect out of next years squad?

I think of Kentucky losing 7-8 players to the NBA and then relying on incoming freshmen the next year and seeing them still have success and making a run in the tourney.

Is it realistic to think we could do that next year? Or do we need another top class or two to go along with what we will have next year?

Even Kentucky hasn't been able to do that every year. If we make the NIT we will have done well. If we make the NCAA we will have done VERY well.

smootness
03-20-2016, 07:39 PM

Our class is really, really good, but it doesn't compare to the kind of classes Kentucky brings in. If everything breaks right, we can make a run at the Tourney, but we won't be any kind of contender.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-20-2016, 08:22 PM
I think it'll play out similar to this season. We will drop a few head scratchers early & then be hell to deal with late. My guess is that it comes down to having to make a run in the SEC tourney & we get left off the bubble. To me the goal should be any type of post season play. Our players need that experience, & so does the fanbase. NCAA is reachable, NIT is realistic.

missouridawg
03-20-2016, 08:53 PM

I really, really hope I'm wrong... But I think we struggle again next year and hopefully end up on the north side of .500. We are going to rely a ton on freshmen. And while they're talented, we only have 1 that is potential one-and-done talent (Kegler) and he will likely need atleast two years.

If we make the NCAA tourney next year, it will have to be because Malik came back and blossomed into the NBA player everyone thinks he is, as well as two or three of the freshmen growing up really, really fast. Particularly in the post spots.

I just don't see an NCAA tourney team next year unless our freshmen play well above their projections immediately.

Political Hack
03-20-2016, 09:16 PM
I think we'll ease our way into the tournament once we find a good rotation and get some experience. Q and Malik can lead this team. You need great guards to win in the tourney and we will have that. If the bigs develop defensively, we should do well.

RocketDawg
03-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Howland made great progress in his first year at MSU. I wouldn't be surprised to see that continue, and with the ones coming in, combined with experience of the current players, I think we'll do pretty well. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see us make the tournament.