PDA

View Full Version : Gotta tip my hat to Cohen and the Diamond Dawgs....

War Machine Dawg
03-20-2016, 04:40 PM
Taking 2/3 from Vandy at their place is a massive success. Sucks we didn't pull the sweep, but today was total gravy so far as I'm concerned. After the way we shit the bed during the midweek, I think all of us can agree we'd have been thrilled just to avoid a sweep.

I also like the way we won our 2 games. We showed a lot of guts and nuts. Freshmens stepping up to make key plays. Cohen will always meddle and do stupid shit, but he's definitely upgraded the talent and mental makeup of this team. Now if we could just get Houston and D Brown to throw strikes, we might really have something.

Long way to go, but the chances of a 2 seed are looking good for #TheMeddler. I'll let the season play out, but he took a big step in the right direction this weekend. Now let's avoid another bed shitting this week and go sweep UGA next weekend.

MarketingBully
03-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Agree 100%. This time next week we should be 18-6-1 (5-1) and looking pretty good overall. We have to take care of business at home though next weekend.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 05:03 PM
really good weekend series win. Need to comeback strong vs Georgia and get a couple more

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 05:04 PM
I think we are right where we need to be honestly, to host.

I wanted 3-1 the first weekend because I knew FAU was good, but got 2-2. I wanted 3-3 in the LA weekend and Oregon series, and got 4-3 (essentially), so that equals out. I also expected us to lose a midweek game at some point, and 8 games in 10 days was tough, so I don't mind Oral Roberts. EKU sucked, but we made up for it with that second win at Vandy. 14-7 ain't that bad at this point in time. If we go 15-12 in the SEC or so, and go 6-2 midweek from here on out, we are looking at 35-20-1, and with our RPI we are probably hosting.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 05:19 PM
I think we are right where we need to be honestly, to host.

I wanted 3-1 the first weekend because I knew FAU was good, but got 2-2. I wanted 3-3 in the LA weekend and Oregon series, and got 4-3 (essentially), so that equals out. I also expected us to lose a midweek game at some point, and 8 games in 10 days was tough, so I don't mind Oral Roberts. EKU sucked, but we made up for it with that second win at Vandy. 14-7 ain't that bad at this point in time. If we go 15-12 in the SEC or so, and go 6-2 midweek from here on out, we are looking at 35-20-1, and with our RPI we are probably hosting.

Nobody is going to host in the SEC with 15 conference wins

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 05:24 PM
Nobody is going to host in the SEC with 15 conference wins
17 total, counting the Vandy series. 15 from here on out, I meant.

I seen it dawg
03-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Great series win.love the way our bullpen stepped up minus a couple of lumps. The freshman we have aren't scared.

It baffles me why we **** with the lineup so much today. Yes we got some timely hits but we had some shots early where we just had the wrong guys up bc of the lineup tinkering. Can't leave well enough alone. **** Cohen just once try to stick with something that is actually working.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Can't leave well enough alone. **** Cohen just once try to stick with something that is actually working.

Thats what gets me- the overmanaging. #TheMeddler cant help himself

DistrictDawg92
03-20-2016, 06:04 PM
Thats what gets me- the overmanaging. #TheMeddler cant help himself

Neither can you.