PDA

View Full Version : Kruger

basedog
03-20-2016, 07:32 AM
Watching Kruger catch last night, I thought he really took charge and looked pretty good. He showed leadership I thought in handling the pitchers. Haven't seen him throw but I liked what I saw.

We have some solid Freshmen don't we? Hughes has great looking breaking ball with control.

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Watching Kruger catch last night, I thought he really took charge and looked pretty good. He showed leadership I thought in handling the pitchers. Haven't seen him throw but I liked what I saw.

We have some solid Freshmen don't we? Hughes has great looking breaking ball with control.
Yes and they are getting invaluable experience right now. No matter how this season turns out, we have 2 Omaha-type seasons ahead of us.

shannondawg
03-20-2016, 08:42 AM
Basedog be careful about praising somebody on the team ,if they let you get away with it, you might even say something good about a coach, and heaven forbid saying something nice about Cohen. All hell with breakout and cause the board to crash.

I seen it dawg
03-20-2016, 09:14 AM
On cue shannondawg with douche post of the day trying to derail a thread discussion about a player. Why be a douchebag? Why not just let it go? Don't be a douche.

I seen it dawg
03-20-2016, 09:19 AM

Been waiting to get him behind the plate. While I love Elih and what he does behind the plate, for us to be really good and make a post season run we have to have Kruger catch at least 2/3 on the weekend. It opens up our offense big time and Jack is a pretty damn good catcher.

We get the extra bat in the lineup (wish we would DH hump if he's gonna hit though and play brown/and now Mangum and Rooker for better def and have hump available to pitch even though we burn the DH) and keeps us with 2 catchers available on the bench. Really opens up our roster to match up late in games if we do it right.

mic
03-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Been waiting to get him behind the plate. While I love Elih and what he does behind the plate, for us to be really good and make a post season run we have to have Kruger catch at least 2/3 on the weekend. It opens up our offense big time and Jack is a pretty damn good catcher.

We get the extra bat in the lineup (wish we would DH hump if he's gonna hit though and play brown/and now Mangum and Rooker for better def and have hump available to pitch even though we burn the DH) and keeps us with 2 catchers available on the bench. Really opens up our roster to match up late in games if we do it right.

Yes... And it also gives us an option to DH Collins and get better defensively in the infield a few games...
I was actually worried throwing Kruger into the fire catching his first game on the road at Vandy.. Thought we might break him in mid week just to get his feet wet.. Kid did a really good job.. Kudos to CJC on trusting Kruger..

shannondawg
03-20-2016, 09:52 AM
On cue shannondawg with douche post of the day trying to derail a thread discussion about a player. Why be a douchebag? Why not just let it go? Don't be a douche.

I hate to be, but I just get tired of all the damm negativity on this board. When I see something positive , what the hell is he thinking, doesn't he know he is going to piss most of the board off?

If you think you might have pissed me off calling me out, you are correct. Basedog and I are good friends.

basedog
03-20-2016, 10:55 AM
I hate to be, but I just get tired of all the damm negativity on this board. When I see something positive , what the hell is he thinking, doesn't he know he is going to piss most of the board off?

If you think you might have pissed me off calling me out, you are correct. Basedog and I are good friends.

And may I add we need more fans like shannondog! Oh he can get pisses at some athletic officials but he is one of the good guys.

Btw I seen it, he meant no harm, no use to call him out, all is good.

I again was impressed with Kruger, he just seemed to take charge when needed.

Jacksondevildog
03-20-2016, 11:03 AM
The great thing too about Kruger catching is it puts some pressure on Marrero and he followed through with that pinch hit single last night. Regardless of what happens today, hold serve vs Valley midweek and take 2 of 3 from Georgia in Starkville and you are in pretty good shape after the first two weekends. If we win today, we probably make a run at the top 10 poll come monday, regardless of our midweek. Those players have already forgotten about that. Our fans have not. The good thing is these players are the one playing and not the posters.

basedog
03-20-2016, 11:27 AM
The great thing too about Kruger catching is it puts some pressure on Marrero and he followed through with that pinch hit single last night. Regardless of what happens today, hold serve vs Valley midweek and take 2 of 3 from Georgia in Starkville and you are in pretty good shape after the first two weekends. If we win today, we probably make a run at the top 10 poll come monday, regardless of our midweek. Those players have already forgotten about that. Our fans have not. The good thing is these players are the one playing and not the posters.

Good points, baseball is a game to not look back with 33% being good you have to look ahead as slumps occur which is a rarity in football and basketball. My point is players aren't thinking about last season or the past, it's a game and should be fun for 18-22 years old. We fans should enjoy the moments and stop being so hard on each or and especially our own!

Baseball for Msu is probably my most passionate sport, my Dad burned me out by the time I was 13 or 14 years old, he loved the game more than I as he coached little league for over 20 years and the same team.
I know more about football and basketball, but I love the "take him out/leave him in" things that go on in a chess match! Cohen can drive me into drinking again but he is for from a bad to stupid Coach, it's just his style and he is showing signs he can change as he did with more power ball versus small ball.

Way too much crying in baseball, I try not to over analysis the game, I just enjoy watching a good game such as the last two especially when we win.

Damn I got off the subject, I hope to see Kruger catching a lot more. Btw, maybe it's me but I think Wes Johnson is an upgrade in coaching our pitchers, not sure bout his recruiting but he seems to be in your face calming type Coach when he approaches the pitchers. I think he knows when to get on that ass and when to settle them down. I had no problem with him letting Sexton start the 8th inning, of course the walk was bad and he made the worse pitch of the night to one of the better hitters in the SEC. That's baseball!

How's that shannondawg? LOL!

BrunswickDawg
03-20-2016, 12:02 PM
I hear what you're putting down basedog. When you put aside the need to overly analyze the game this team has been fun to watch - these last two nights in particular.

I seen it dawg
03-20-2016, 01:17 PM

Then don't do it. And I could give a shit about pissing you off.

Commercecomet24
03-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Yes and they are getting invaluable experience right now. No matter how this season turns out, we have 2 Omaha-type seasons ahead of us.

Dead on. I'm excited about the young dawgs. They're talented, play with fire and got some stones. The future looks bright!

Commercecomet24
03-20-2016, 02:13 PM
Good points, baseball is a game to not look back with 33% being good you have to look ahead as slumps occur which is a rarity in football and basketball. My point is players aren't thinking about last season or the past, it's a game and should be fun for 18-22 years old. We fans should enjoy the moments and stop being so hard on each or and especially our own!

Baseball for Msu is probably my most passionate sport, my Dad burned me out by the time I was 13 or 14 years old, he loved the game more than I as he coached little league for over 20 years and the same team.
I know more about football and basketball, but I love the "take him out/leave him in" things that go on in a chess match! Cohen can drive me into drinking again but he is for from a bad to stupid Coach, it's just his style and he is showing signs he can change as he did with more power ball versus small ball.

Way too much crying in baseball, I try not to over analysis the game, I just enjoy watching a good game such as the last two especially when we win.

Damn I got off the subject, I hope to see Kruger catching a lot more. Btw, maybe it's me but I think Wes Johnson is an upgrade in coaching our pitchers, not sure bout his recruiting but he seems to be in your face calming type Coach when he approaches the pitchers. I think he knows when to get on that ass and when to settle them down. I had no problem with him letting Sexton start the 8th inning, of course the walk was bad and he made the worse pitch of the night to one of the better hitters in the SEC. That's baseball!

How's that shannondawg? LOL!

Well said! That's how you approach baseball. It's a chess match and a game of patience not brute force. If you don't look at it that way you're gonna get real frustrated real quick.

shannondawg
03-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Wouldn't expect you to. They do have over the counter medications for PMS , maybe you should try some.

Then don't do it. And I could give a shit about pissing you off.

I seen it dawg
03-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Wouldn't expect you to. They do have over the counter medications for PMS , maybe you should try some.

Go change your diaper.

BeardoMSU
03-20-2016, 08:30 PM

This^^^

shannondawg
03-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Don't use em yet, may someday, but at my age they don't call em diapers.

Maybe your problem will change once you hit the change of life age.

I'm though playing , I don't think others are entertained by all this.

BB30
03-21-2016, 08:48 AM
The great thing about baseball is a team can change so much from year to year. It doesn't take much to derail a season and all it takes is a couple of big wins to gain the confidence and have a great season. I think our biggest problem early on is youth and a lot of new faces. A lot of the young guys in high school could sleep their way through some games and still have a ton of success due to the natural ability. They have to learn that you can't take innings and pitches off and I think we will see them get better at that as the season goes on. The two mid week games were a good learning experience and hopefully looking back will not hurt us as bad as we thought. Just keep winning SEC series and the rest will take care of itself. There is a lot of talent and things to like about this team.