PDA

View Full Version : Mangum

msstate7
03-20-2016, 12:11 AM
Really like this kid. I know he's young and there will be tough days for him, but I don't see how Cohen can keep him out of the lineup. He's fast, gets good ab's, switch hitter, and he's clutch. I think we have our new Frazier/pirtle

Commercecomet24
03-20-2016, 12:22 AM
Really like this kid. I know he's young and there will be tough days for him, but I don't see how Cohen can keep him out of the lineup. He's fast, gets good ab's, switch hitter, and he's clutch. I think we have our new Frazier/pirtle

Me and you think alike. This kids becoming one of my favorites. Plays with fire, gets big hits, makes plays and hustles his butt off! He's a gamer!

dawggone
03-20-2016, 12:52 AM

Good job Mangum big, big hit tonight. Gentlemen we have a problem and it is a good one. Our outfield is good, to good to get all 5 on the field. Hump, Rooker, Brown, Robson, Mangum. All 5 have their strengths and can contribute at different times. Nice knowing if we have injuries etc... another one can step in and get it done. Nice combination of right and left handers, speed and power. We should get a better read on all at about 50 plus at bats once scouting reports get settled.

messageboardsuperhero
03-20-2016, 06:24 AM
Mangum plays with no fear and wants the bat in his hands when the game is on the line. I don't know if he has the physical tools to be a big leaguer, but he sure as hell has the mental makeup of one.

We have a lot of freshmen who have proven to be like this too... Breaux, Hughes, Stovall, etc.

JohnnyQuid
03-20-2016, 06:38 AM
Mangum plays with no fear and wants the bat in his hands when the game is on the line. I don't know if he has the physical tools to be a big leaguer, but he sure as hell has the mental makeup of one.

We have a lot of freshmen who have proven to be like this too... Breaux, Hughes, Stovall, etc.

yea I bitched about mangum tonight and hell I was just wrong. kid has ton of moxie and competes... love being wrong when it's good for the dogs

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 08:30 AM
No doubt, he plays the game you want it to be played, just like Cody Brown.

Both of those guys will be late inning subs, like the others. No problem though, he'll be the CF for the next 2-3 years. You simply have to play Rooker and Humphreys early in the game, where they are more likely to get fastballs grooved down the gut that they piss on.

tcdog70
03-20-2016, 10:34 AM
He looks like he wants to bat in the clutch. He is looking to hit not draw a walk. A GAMER that is what we need. I wish the Maple Hammer would play more like this kid.

Bodawg
03-20-2016, 12:49 PM
Mangum comes from a family of athletes. His grandfather (Big John) played football at USM and the New England Patriots. His father (Little John) played football at Alabama and the Chicago Bears. He is definitely a gammer.