PDA

View Full Version : Cohen haters, fire yourselves

bobcat91
03-19-2016, 11:20 PM
We sweep # 8 Oregon, we have won the series at #2 Vandy and are 6-1 against ranked teams. I'm sick of hearing this constant crap against our coaches, especially Cohen. This isn't 1986 NCAA College Baseball. Everyone has facilities and have put money into their teams. Instead of talking shit on the internet, how about going to a game. Oh and fire your stupid asses on the way out.

confucius say
03-19-2016, 11:43 PM
And three losses to fl Atlantic and ucla. Three good losses. We aren't great, but we don't suck either. And we are gritty again, importantly.

mparkerfd20
03-19-2016, 11:45 PM
Cohen supporters stop being tards just for the sake of being one. Support the damn team that just won a series against the number 2 team in the country.

bobcat91
03-19-2016, 11:47 PM
Cal Fullerton, Cal Irvine, etc. have won for years with pitching, defense and manufacturing runs with, gasp bunting. We have too many "fans" who think the only way to play baseball is the LSU style Gorilla ball where you hit 8 HRs a game. That's not baseball, that's beer league softball. Reading here makes me see how little most folks truly understand the game.

confucius say
03-19-2016, 11:48 PM
Cohen supporters stop being f ucktards just for the sake of being one. Support the damn team that just won a series against the number 2 team in the country.

I'm a Cohen supporter and I support the team. I think all of us do. Look, the guy has his flaws for sure, but he does a lot of good, played for a natty, and I don't think we should be trying to run him off just yet.

Eta: but I also think it's stupid to be running mullen off right now too. I seem to be in the minority on here in that respect, but whatever.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2016, 11:48 PM
This team is fun to watch. They're gamers! Like confuscious said we are gritty again. I like the way we compete and they way these kids respond to adversity! This ain't last year boys! This team is clutch and plays with fire! Just look at our average with 2 outs as compared to last year. We gonna have some ups and downs cuz we are playing some young uns but this is a good team and getting better!

Liverpooldawg
03-20-2016, 08:34 AM
I'm a Cohen supporter and I support the team. I think all of us do. Look, the guy has his flaws for sure, but he does a lot of good, played for a natty, and I don't think we should be trying to run him off just yet.

Eta: but I also think it's stupid to be running mullen off right now too. I seem to be in the minority on here in that respect, but whatever.

You aren't in the minority.

JohnnyQuid
03-20-2016, 08:44 AM

I suspect you're in the majority just the vocal minority makes it seem otherwise.

as far as cohen goes he does stuff that annoys me almost every game but you're right it's not the time to run him outta town. all the fire cohen shit is laughable at best right now.

I seen it dawg
03-20-2016, 09:23 AM
I absolutely hate some of the shit he does because it's stupid. But he makes some good moves too. Dumb has outweighed good to me so far and I think it will always.

CadaverDawg
03-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Ooh fun, another thread bitching about people bitching. And round and round we go.

Dawgface
03-20-2016, 09:47 AM
You aren't in the minority.

True. I too don't want him run off......although he does piss me off a lot.

Political Hack
03-20-2016, 11:29 AM
If we're good enough to win 5 in a row against top ten teams, were good enough to beat Oral Roberts in a midweek game where we just dropped one the day before against St. Mary's episcopal of the southeastern portion of a random state college. Losing the first one is understandable. It happens in baseball. But you'd damn well better not lose the next day to Oral freaking Roberts.

This team can be great. Not just good, but great... But they've got to take care of business every game.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 04:33 PM
When you are coming off a losing season at State in baseball- and lose to Eastern Kentucky, Oral Roberts, and others- your rope gets short. Thats just a fact. Plus, you have a faction of the fanbse that wont like him no matter what he does. You have a donor withholding millions of dollars back until Cohen leaves. There's alot of behind the scenes things going on- its not just on the field results.

Cohen's problem is compounded by the fact that so few people actually like him. You can be frustrated with Mullen- but there are plenty of people that do actually like him. Cohen just doesnt have that in the fanbase.

Winning the series vs Vandy is a good rebound. But we have to keep pushing on. This team may go on and win 20 SEC games and Cohen gets some more solid footing again- we'll see. No Mora Excuses

sandwolf
03-20-2016, 04:49 PM

You're not in the minority on Mullen.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 04:55 PM
You're not in the minority on Mullen.

Well- there is one undeniable fact- and it has nothing to do with this Board- Dan Mullen won 9 football games in 2015 and didnt get a contract extension. So apparently there are plenty others not happy with some things that have gone on.

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Cohen's problem is compounded by the fact that so few people actually like him. You can be frustrated with Mullen- but there are plenty of people that do actually like him. Cohen just doesnt have that in the fanbase.
Yeah, this isn't true. It's actually the opposite.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Yeah, this isn't true. It's actually the opposite.

lol...ok Goat

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 05:06 PM
lol...ok Goat

You can hate on his coaching all you want, but if you just make up shit, you will be called out. In this case, just like with losing the team, you are making shit up or getting wrong info.

He didn't lose the team last year either like a few of you like to trumpet. Having some mental midgets isn't the same as losing the team.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 05:16 PM
You can hate on his coaching all you want, but if you just make up shit, you will be called out. In this case, just like with losing the team, you are making shit up or getting wrong info.

He didn't lose the team last year either like a few of you like to trumpet. Having some mental midgets isn't the same as losing the team.

Nobody is making up anything. We got the info straight out of the team- that cant be denied. And he 100% lost the team last year- again comes from actual team members.

And of all the people I've talked to- I havent had 1- not 1- say "I really like Cohen". Hell, alot of his former teammates cant stand him- and that comes straight from former teammates. You dont have to agree- but these are things I know to be true.

sandwolf
03-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Well- there is one undeniable fact- and it has nothing to do with this Board- Dan Mullen won 9 football games in 2015 and didnt get a contract extension. So apparently there are plenty others not happy with some things that have gone on.

No doubt that his name needs to stop being tied to every job opening, and when it does he needs to squash it....but as far as what he's done on the field, I think the majority realizes that he has been really good and if we were to run him off, we'd have a hard time finding a competent replacement.

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Nobody is making up anything. We got the info straight out of the team- that cant be denied. And he 100% lost the team last year- again comes from actual team members.

And of all the people I've talked to- I havent had 1- not 1- say "I really like Cohen". Hell, alot of his former teammates cant stand him- and that comes straight from former teammates. You dont have to agree- but these are things I know to be true.

I know the opposite to be true, and yes, from good sources. So I guess the viewing public will simply have to make up their own minds.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 05:26 PM
No doubt that his name needs to stop being tied to every job opening, and when it does he needs to squash it....but as far as what he's done on the field, I think the majority realizes that he has been really good and if we were to run him off, we'd have a hard time finding a competent replacement.

Its going to be an interesting Fall for us I think. Mullen is pissed because we didnt extend his contract, we're pissed he job shopped hard, we are possibly looking at a little bit of down season, and we play OM in Oxford as they go for 3 in a row....going to be very interesting to see what pans out by Jan 1st

Coach34
03-20-2016, 05:27 PM
I know the opposite to be true, and yes, from good sources. So I guess the viewing public will simply have to make up their own minds.

Well, when your source becomes 4 players sitting around talking about it- let me know

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 05:29 PM
Well, when your source becomes 4 players sitting around talking about it- let me know

Depends on which players I guess, now don't it?

shoeless joe
03-20-2016, 05:45 PM

I don't doubt you heard of some players on a bad team talking negatively about the coach. Anytime a team struggles there are going to be member of that team that think they were misused or that the coach failed them, after all they've been the best of the best their whole lives. So that in and of itself tells me jack shit.

I've heard players say that Cohen does an exceptional job of preparing his teams and getting them ready to play. On top of that, he's a hell of a recruiter for "nobody to say they actually like him".

I'll probably be labeled a "Cohen defender" when in actuality I'm just a realist without an agenda, however I will say this: there were/are some gutless entitled, yet talented wannabes within the program. The good news is Cohen has recruited some more guys that fit the mold of gritty, tuff, and talented.

mic
03-20-2016, 05:54 PM
I don't doubt you heard of some players on a bad team talking negatively about the coach. Anytime a team struggles there are going to be member of that team that think they were misused or that the coach failed them, after all they've been the best of the best their whole lives. So that in and of itself tells me jack shit.

I've heard players say that Cohen does an exceptional job of preparing his teams and getting them ready to play. On top of that, he's a hell of a recruiter for "nobody to say they actually like him".

I'll probably be labeled a "Cohen defender" when in actuality I'm just a realist without an agenda, however I will say this: there were/are some gutless entitled, yet talented wannabes within the program. The good news is Cohen has recruited some more guys that fit the mold of gritty, tuff, and talented.

I have no idea who the players are that C34 is talking about...
But I know of 3 that played on NCAA runner-up team (all 3 played a lot) that had nothing good to say about CJC...
This current team may not feel the same way...

Taog Redloh
03-20-2016, 06:03 PM
I have no idea who the players are that C34 is talking about...
But I know of 3 that played on NCAA runner-up team (all 3 played a lot) that had nothing good to say about CJC...
This current team may not feel the same way...
They hated him so badly that they signed to play for him and spent 3-4 years of their lives playing for him. And then, most of them come back and spend a ton of time around the program.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 06:56 PM
They hated him so badly that they signed to play for him and spent 3-4 years of their lives playing for him. And then, most of them come back and spend a ton of time around the program.

I spent 2 years playing for my juco coach that I absolutely could not stand- that doesnt mean shit. Its also natural for guys that just graduated to come back to their school- they still have friends on the team and friends still in school. Plus they are treated as rock stars in Sville- and many miss that terribly once they are done with baseball

Political Hack
03-20-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm upset with Cohen for allowing us to lose to crap teams, but I'm far from a "fire Cohen" guy. That said, his team's generally haven't liked him very much. It's pretty consistent.

Bama players don't really love Saban when they leave either, but they respect him. If Cohen's plan leads to success his players will appreciate him despite not wanting to give him a hug. Just win.

confucius say
03-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Who the hell cares if he is liked. Very talented players want to play for him. All that matters.

ETDawg
03-20-2016, 08:13 PM
When you are coming off a losing season at State in baseball- and lose to Eastern Kentucky, Oral Roberts, and others- your rope gets short. Thats just a fact. Plus, you have a faction of the fanbse that wont like him no matter what he does. You have a donor withholding millions of dollars back until Cohen leaves. s

Coach, is this really true about a donor? What is the reason he/she doesn't like Cohen?

Coach34
03-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Coach, is this really true about a donor? What is the reason he/she doesn't like Cohen?

What I was told and why the new stadium remains up in the air currently. No idea what the reason is- but we are talking a significant 7-figure donation. And we have had trouble selling seats as well- and its because of the way people feel about Cohen and the program. If we come thru this year he will win a few people back- and thats important. Winning cures alot of ills. But with some of our guys- its more than that

GTHOM
03-20-2016, 08:38 PM
Give me Cohen over Mullen anyday