PDA

View Full Version : Question about Vandy starting pitcher

BayouDawg
03-19-2016, 12:50 AM
It looked like Vandy's starter (Sheffield) was licking his fingers an awful lot. I know it's not uncommon for pitchers to lick their fingers but it seemed like he was doing it excessively, damn near slobbering on his fingers. Could he have been doing the old fashioned spitball? Or am I reading too much into it?

TStationDawg
03-19-2016, 01:26 AM
It looked like Vandy's starter (Sheffield) was licking his fingers an awful lot. I know it's not uncommon for pitchers to lick their fingers but it seemed like he was doing it excessively, damn near slobbering on his fingers. Could he have been doing the old fashioned spitball? Or am I reading too much into it?
reading too much into it. kid is a damn good arm

BayouDawg
03-19-2016, 02:12 AM
reading too much into it. kid is a damn good arm

Yea no doubt. Corbin knows how to recruit pitchers

messageboardsuperhero
03-19-2016, 07:24 AM
Yea no doubt. Corbin knows how to recruit pitchers

Corbin is a damn good coach who knows what he's doing. And it helps that he has about a thousand pitchers in the bigs right now.

But he also has built in advantages that help him get some of these pitchers to sign and on campus.

STATEBALLIN
03-19-2016, 09:42 AM
the dorito's are too good

Taog Redloh
03-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Corbin is a damn good coach who knows what he's doing. And it helps that he has about a thousand pitchers in the bigs right now.

But he also has built in advantages that help him get some of these pitchers to sign and on campus.
Yup.

But props to him for being the first to really exploit those advantages.

BiscuitEater
03-19-2016, 09:53 AM

Yea, it helps when you can have 35+ on "scholarship" .. each getting ~$45,000 a year.