PDA

View Full Version : Where you Cohen haters at?

JDog13
03-19-2016, 12:48 AM
I got lost on the way to our watch party :o

Dawgface
03-19-2016, 07:34 AM
I'm here. Glad we won but still hate Cohen.

basedog
03-19-2016, 07:48 AM
It sure is pitiful reading ED especially baseball season, I mean after each pitch some are moaning and groaning like little girls and sucking their thumbs. Some need to grow some balls and grow up! Hey, Cohen makes mistakes and I also scratch my balls thinking what the f*uck but at least I got some to scratch!

Like Ron Polk said way too many times but it sure is true sometimes, "that's baseball"!

P.S. This team is a work in progress, we have talent with some depth, I said it a few games back we will be up and down but I think by the end of the year we will be very good. We shall see, damn that was a good baseball game to watch last night wasn't it? Great pitching by both clubs and Rigby showed me something last night!

Bucky Dog
03-19-2016, 07:52 AM
It sure is pitiful reading ED especially baseball season, I mean after each pitch some are moaning and groaning like little girls and sucking their thumbs. Some need to grow some balls and grow up! Hey, Cohen makes mistakes and I also scratch my balls thinking what the f*uck but at least I got some to scratch!

Like Ron Polk said way too many times but it sure is true sometimes, "that's baseball"!

P.S. This team is a work in progress, we have talent with some depth, I said it a few games back we will be up and down but I think by the end of the year we will be very good. We shall see, damn that was a good baseball game to watch last night wasn't it? Great pitching by both clubs and Rigby showed me something last night!

No one disputes the team is a work in progress, but that has nothing to do with Cohen's approach, his constant meddling with lineups, and his stupid ass in game decisions such as the almighty bunt. Failure to perform in a certain situation due to youth is acceptable, but coaching your team into failure time and again is unacceptable at this point.

basedog
03-19-2016, 08:00 AM
No one disputes the team is a work in progress, but that has nothing to do with Cohen's approach, his constant meddling with lineups, and his stupid ass in game decisions such as the almighty bunt. Failure to perform in a certain situation due to youth is acceptable, but coaching your team into failure time and again is unacceptable at this point.

My point is quit the bitching after one pitch or even one inning, I see Cohen doing ball scratching what the f*ck things!

Dawg61
03-19-2016, 08:13 AM

Everyone read this and then read it again. Best two sentences put on this board about Cohen this year. Rep added

basedog
03-19-2016, 08:21 AM
Everyone read this and then read it again. Best two sentences put on this board about Cohen this year. Rep added

Did I see you on the Pearl River Bridge last night about ready to jump? Maybe it was someone else.

Bucky Dog
03-19-2016, 08:33 AM
My point is quit the bitching after one pitch or even one inning, I see Cohen doing ball scratching what the f*ck things!

That's the point from many of us with Cohen. His approach and over managing costs us more games that we should be winning. Bunting in the early innings giving away outs and killing rallies, questionable lineups and pitching management are things he needs to change to let this obviously talented team have their best chance at winning.

CadaverDawg
03-19-2016, 08:51 AM

Some would suggest watching a man constantly hold his team back from success and wanting nothing to change, might show a smaller set of balls than anything.

Again, bitching about people bitching is also called "bitching". Maybe that's just me tho.

Dawg61
03-19-2016, 08:54 AM
Did I see you on the Pearl River Bridge last night about ready to jump? Maybe it was someone else.

Did you know France was so arrogant they gleefully went into war vs Germany riding bicycles and with one rifle per 2 men during WW2? Cohen is France.

blacklistedbully
03-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Some would suggest watching a man constantly hold his team back from success and wanting nothing to change, might show a smaller set of balls than anything.

Again, bitching about people bitching is also called "bitching". Maybe that's just me tho.

CD, there's, "bitching" and then there's the relentless, obnoxious, multiple-posts-per-inning, repetitive, year-after-year-after year kind of bitching that a certain poster does on every freakin' baseball thread that makes the thread unreadable. I personally rarely ever participate in baseball threads anymore because that jackass dominates every one, posting ad nauseum, as if we all didn't fully know his stance from years ago.

I mostly agree with the POV that Cohen meddles, bunts too much, in wrong situations, etc, but have gotten so damned tired of seeing that a-hole's diatribes in every baseball thread that I actually sometimes like it when Cohen does it, because I know how much it pisses that dude off.

Intramural All-American
03-19-2016, 09:09 AM
We have lost 4 games this year and none are on Cohen. Tuesday night is definitely not on Cohen as our pitchers blew a 6 run lead in the 8th. Not only freshmen, but Tatum and smith lost that game and they had been our most consistent guys out of the pen. Wednesday we just didn't hit. That happens sometimes. We lost two to FAU who has one loss on the season, and they just beat us both games. They were better than us on both occasions. Some of you need to get rid of your preconceived notions about Cohen from years past. Cohen is not bunting anywhere near as often as last year, and for the most part he has stuck with the same 9 hitters in each game. Yes, he moves them around from time to time based on match ups and what not, but he has clearly shown what each players role is on the team. You may disagree with Cohen about not starting Cody brown, but that doesn't make him wrong. We've won 4 straight against top 10 teams. You can't look at that and not give Cohen credit, just as you can't put all the blame on him for our midweek losses.

People calling for Cohen to be fired right now are just being babies cause they don't get there way. Yes, I'm talking to you, Coach34. Grow up. It's not your team, and you don't have all the answers.

confucius say
03-19-2016, 09:22 AM
We have lost 4 games this year and none are on Cohen. Tuesday night is definitely not on Cohen as our pitchers blew a 6 run lead in the 8th. Not only freshmen, but Tatum and smith lost that game and they had been our most consistent guys out of the pen. Wednesday we just didn't hit. That happens sometimes. We lost two to FAU who has one loss on the season, and they just beat us both games. They were better than us on both occasions. Some of you need to get rid of your preconceived notions about Cohen from years past. Cohen is not bunting anywhere near as often as last year, and for the most part he has stuck with the same 9 hitters in each game. Yes, he moves them around from time to time based on match ups and what not, but he has clearly shown what each players role is on the team. You may disagree with Cohen about not starting Cody brown, but that doesn't make him wrong. We've won 4 straight against top 10 teams. You can't look at that and not give Cohen credit, just as you can't put all the blame on him for our midweek losses.

People calling for Cohen to be fired right now are just being babies cause they don't get there way. Yes, I'm talking to you, Coach34. Grow up. It's not your team, and you don't have all the answers.

I largely agree. I'm in cohens corner still.

What's sad is the next game we lose this thread will get bumped with somebody dogging Cohen. What's sadder is that several of our fans can't wait for that happen.

K9 Avenger
03-19-2016, 09:27 AM

Best baseball post on this board in 3 years......

basedog
03-19-2016, 09:32 AM
CD, there's, "bitching" and then there's the relentless, obnoxious, multiple-posts-per-inning, repetitive, year-after-year-after year kind of bitching that a certain poster does on every freakin' baseball thread that makes the thread unreadable. I personally rarely ever participate in baseball threads anymore because that jackass dominates every one, posting ad nauseum, as if we all didn't fully know his stance from years ago.

I mostly agree with the POV that Cohen meddles, bunts too much, in wrong situations, etc, but have gotten so damned tired of seeing that a-holes diatribes in every baseball thread that I actually sometimes like it when Cohen does it, because I know how much it pisses that dude off.

The naysayers can't understand the pitch to pitch inning to inning bitching! You pretty much nailed it!

By the way Clint, my bitching is way down, I like to think I'm on the high side of the road, there should be no crying in baseball all the damn time! Come on mane!

DanDority
03-19-2016, 09:33 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to basedog again.

AROB44
03-19-2016, 09:38 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to basedog again.

basedog
03-19-2016, 09:38 AM
Did you know France was so arrogant they gleefully went into war vs Germany riding on horses and with one rifle per 2 men during WW2? Cohen is France.

LOL, but Cohen France will call Ragnar to pull out a victory or I hope so anyway! Hail King Ragnar!

WPDawg
03-19-2016, 09:41 AM

Excellent. Sanity does exist on this board.

CadaverDawg
03-19-2016, 09:49 AM
The naysayers can't understand the pitch to pitch inning to inning bitching! You pretty much nailed it!

By the way Clint, my bitching is way down, I like to think I'm on the high side of the road, there should be no crying in baseball all the damn time! Come on mane!

Ha, I hear ya base. I've decided long ago that I'm not for any coach....I'm for Mississippi State. So I guess that's why I'm able to bitch when bitching is justified, while being able to turn right around and celebrate in excitement after a big win like last night. That's just who I am I guess...I get passionately excited during good times and passionately pissed during bad, ha.

I agree some bitch too much, and some bitch about bitching too much.....I view all of you as brothers....brothers make you happy at times and grind your nerves at times, but at the end of the day they all make up a family, and the different personalities of this family is what makes it so fun IMO.

dawgoneyall
03-19-2016, 09:53 AM
I got lost on the way to our watch party :o

He almost 17ed the game away early.

basedog
03-19-2016, 10:02 AM
Ha, I hear ya base. I've decided long ago that I'm not for any coach....I'm for Mississippi State. So I guess that's why I'm able to bitch when bitching is justified, while being able to turn right around and celebrate in excitement after a big win like last night. That's just who I am I guess...I get passionately excited during good times and passionately pissed during bad, ha.

I agree some bitch too much, and some bitch about bitching too much.....I view all of you as brothers....brothers make you happy at times and grind your nerves at times, but at the end of the day they all make up a family, and the different personalities of this family is what makes it so fun IMO.

Good post Clint! Actually I like reading what you have to say.

+1

CadaverDawg
03-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Good post Clint! Actually I like reading what you have to say.

+1

Right back at you, base

JDog13
03-19-2016, 10:46 AM
He almost 17ed the game away early.

I was calling myself a Cohen hater even after we won. Glad we won, still hate Sir Smallball

Coach34
03-19-2016, 10:51 AM
I was calling myself a Cohen hater even after we won. Glad we won, still hate Sir Smallball

exactly.

MSUDawg99
03-19-2016, 10:58 AM
exactly.

Exactly

blacklistedbully
03-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Exactly

Dawg61
03-19-2016, 01:24 PM

I mostly agree with the POV that Cohen meddles, bunts too much, in wrong situations, etc, but have gotten so damned tired of seeing that a-hole's diatribes in every baseball thread that I actually sometimes like it when Cohen does it, because I know how much it pisses that dude off.

Lol Will James has made you quit game threads? Come on bro that's like saying you wouldn't attend Stansbury basketball games cause Meo wouldn't stop yelling "DEFENSE"

blacklistedbully
03-19-2016, 01:40 PM
Lol Will James has made you quit game threads? Come on bro that's like saying you wouldn't attend Stansbury basketball games cause Meo wouldn't stop yelling "DEFENSE"

As a general rule I try not to be the first on a thread to post personal insults. With WJ it's just too damned hard not to, so I just watch the game, maybe add a post once-in-a-while.

Again, it's not that I have a problem with anybody expressing their opinion. I just HATE whining and whiners, and just don't want to subject myself to his incessant rants. He's a friggin' broken record. At some point, it doesn't matter if it's a great song, eventually one gets tired of hearing it over and over and over.

Dawg61
03-19-2016, 01:59 PM
As a general rule I try not to be the first on a thread to post personal insults. With WJ it's just too damned hard not to, so I just watch the game, maybe add a post once-in-a-while.

Again, it's not that I have a problem with anybody expressing their opinion. I just HATE whining and whiners, and just don't want to subject myself to his incessant rants. He's a friggin' broken record. At some point, it doesn't matter if it's a great song, eventually one gets tired of hearing it over and over and over.

Ha trust me I know all about WJ. MSU baseball game threads are epic and your personality can contribute to them. (I just gave you a compliment so don't gloss over it). Best advice I can offer is to make comments about what's going on in the game instead of making comments responding to others posts for awhile and pretty soon you'll just start ignoring the posts you don't like without even noticing it. Plus ISID is ****ing hilarious in game threads and he puts a lid on the pot before it boils over.

State82
03-19-2016, 02:21 PM

Well said, CD. Good points all around.

I seen it dawg
03-19-2016, 03:03 PM

I assume it's poster formerly blackout? Or someone else?

I seen it dawg
03-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Blacklisted that douche is gone. I knew he would get tossed first sec wkd. Come on back to the threads. Then you'll see it's just people bitching about no score or situation updates. Lol

War Machine Dawg
03-19-2016, 06:15 PM

And it's the ****ing WORST.

War Machine Dawg
03-19-2016, 06:17 PM

Which is exactly as it should be. MSU > any coach