PDA

View Full Version : Proud of diamond dogs

gravedigger
03-18-2016, 11:48 PM
Job fellas.

Commercecomet24
03-18-2016, 11:53 PM
Job fellas.

Me too. They gutted it up and got it done on the road against #2. Guess the season isn't over(contrary to popular belief).

RocketCityDawg
03-19-2016, 12:20 AM
Same here. Screw all of you posters that are pissed that we won. Eat shit and die. I'm enjoying this one, especially with the Kosy boy getting the win. HailState. You're with us or against us. I'm with us!

TStationDawg
03-19-2016, 01:28 AM
heck yes! I'm as pissed as anyone about the midweek games..but give our boys credit! GOT. IT. DONE.

shannondawg
03-19-2016, 07:23 AM
Thank all of you!

basedog
03-19-2016, 07:51 AM
Thank all of you!

+1

CadaverDawg
03-19-2016, 08:57 AM
Same here. Screw all of you posters that are pissed that we won. Eat shit and die. I'm enjoying this one, especially with the Kosy boy getting the win. HailState. You're with us or against us. I'm with us!

We have fans wanting us to lose? That's awful.

Great win last night. Would be big to win this series. Need one more, Dawgs. Let's get it

BrunswickDawg
03-19-2016, 09:11 AM
This team is starting to remind me of the 2011 squad - lots of young talent that had to get their bearings and figure out roles. Despite the mid week, last night picked up the momentum from the Oregon series. I think we breakout today.

confucius say
03-19-2016, 09:18 AM
It would be nice if we could all pull in the same direction. Cohen as his faults, but so does every coach. Lsu wants manieri gone every other year. Everybody just calm down and realize this team is going to have ups and downs. Hopefully more ups.

basedog
03-19-2016, 09:35 AM
It's about the agenda part 2 baseball Confucius!

AROB44
03-19-2016, 09:36 AM
It would be nice if we could all pull in the same direction. Cohen as his faults, but so does every coach. Lsu wants manieri gone every other year. Everybody just calm down and realize this team is going to have ups and downs. Hopefully more ups.

Won't happen in a million years with MSU fans (actually fans anywhere).

Taog Redloh
03-19-2016, 09:57 AM
This team is starting to remind me of the 2011 squad - lots of young talent that had to get their bearings and figure out roles. Despite the mid week, last night picked up the momentum from the Oregon series. I think we breakout today.

I've made this comparison too, except I think we are a level above that team in terms of potential. Another similar theme is a talented group of freshmen on both teams - and I think the 2015 class was better than the 2010 class.....what does that tell you?

Taog Redloh
03-19-2016, 09:58 AM

Cohen has earned a little criticism IMO. That's why I'm not fighting that fight anymore. I'll always support the team but let's not act like the haters don't have at least SOME substance here.

basedog
03-19-2016, 10:08 AM
Cohen has earned a little criticism IMO. That's why I'm not fighting that fight anymore. I'll always support the team but let's not act like the haters don't have at least SOME substance here.

And I also said I scratch my balls with some of his moves! He has some holes in his style, but there ain't no damn experts on ED including me! The season just now gonna get interesting, I'm a wait and see type guy, who knows we may get red hot and make some noise, after all That's Baseball!

Taog Redloh
03-19-2016, 10:12 AM
And I also said I scratch my balls with some of his moves! He has some holes in his style, but there ain't no damn experts on ED including me! The season just now gonna get interesting, I'm a wait and see type guy, who knows we may get red hot and make some noise, after all That's Baseball!

Agree with all, and I happen to believe Cohen is about the best we can do. So honestly I wish we'd all just get behind the effort and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe it's because I'm getting older.

ShotgunDawg
03-19-2016, 10:28 AM
The only thing certain with this team is that they'll be a Rubix Cube to the selection committee.

They'll have the extreme of bad losses and extreme of good road wins. #conundrum

mic
03-19-2016, 10:52 AM
agree HUGE win.. Need to win one of the next 2 ..

BrunswickDawg
03-19-2016, 10:58 AM
I've made this comparison too, except I think we are a level above that team in terms of potential. Another similar theme is a talented group of freshmen on both teams - and I think the 2015 class was better than the 2010 class.....what does that tell you?

I would agree on the talent with this group being much better than the 2011 group. And they seem to be figuring it out faster.

As for Cohen - yes he deserves some criticism. He makes head scratching moves - so did Cox & LaRussa. Cox used to infuriate me by doing things like benching Dion Sanders in the playoffs when he was tearing up pitching in the post season. Cohen thinks too much, and works sometimes and doesn't others.

I've quit reading the game threads, too many idiots who never played above rec league (if that).

Commercecomet24
03-19-2016, 12:06 PM

100% accurate!

Commercecomet24
03-19-2016, 12:31 PM
I would agree on the talent with this group being much better than the 2011 group. And they seem to be figuring it out faster.

As for Cohen - yes he deserves some criticism. He makes head scratching moves - so did Cox & LaRussa. Cox used to infuriate me by doing things like benching Dion Sanders in the playoffs when he was tearing up pitching in the post season. Cohen thinks too much, and works sometimes and doesn't others.

I've quit reading the game threads, too many idiots who never played above rec league (if that).

Yeah baseball is different than the other sports. It's a long season and a long game and people flip out way to early. Baseball is a game of patience. It's a chess match and not just brute force and athleticism. Some people don't understand that.

Agree on Cox, love the guy but he did make some odd decisions at times. Of course unorthodox in baseball can work lol.

BrunswickDawg
03-19-2016, 12:58 PM
Yeah baseball is different than the other sports. It's a long season and a long game and people flip out way to early. Baseball is a game of patience. It's a chess match and not just brute force and athleticism. Some people don't understand that.

Agree on Cox, love the guy but he did make some odd decisions at times. Of course unorthodox in baseball can work lol.

As much as everyone rags on "that's baseball" - it's true. Baseball can defy logic in a way no other sport can. I played on some terrible HS teams that could get hot and take 2 of 3 from elite teams. I had a teammate who batted .175 on the season go 4-5 with a dinger on a future MLB pitcher and just own him. That pitcher still made the Show, and we still sucked - but not that day. "That's baseball."

Commercecomet24
03-19-2016, 01:54 PM
Here's what gets me. Cohen is successful against the elite teams but blows some games against crap teams and people complain. Mullen beats everyone he's supposed to but struggles against the elite teams and people complain. Mullen beats 3 top ten teams in a row last year but then the narrative becomes well those teams weren't very good(following the cue from the media). Our fanbase can't decide what will make them happy. I'm convinced
only way to keep everyone happy is to go undefeated and blow everyone out. Personally I'm
Happy with where we are with are coached in all sports. There are things they could all do better but our programs are extremely healthy.

DogsofAnarchy
03-19-2016, 02:00 PM
We will see how happy everyone is with John Hevesy come this fall. Cohen has a lot to prove because we should have a higher standard in baseball EVERY year.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2016, 02:06 PM
As much as everyone rags on "that's baseball" - it's true. Baseball can defy logic in a way no other sport can. I played on some terrible HS teams that could get hot and take 2 of 3 from elite teams. I had a teammate who batted .175 on the season go 4-5 with a dinger on a future MLB pitcher and just own him. That pitcher still made the Show, and we still sucked - but not that day. "That's baseball."

So true and that's why i love the game so much! It's so unpredictable, like no other sport. Even the best players and teams are streaky. I've played or coached most of my 51 years and seen stuff that defies logic! Its the greatest game in the world to me but if you don't have patience you should probably pick another sport lol. I laugh when I read the game threads and people freak out in the first inning. It's a long game and a long season with lots of ebbs and flow. I always tell my players just be as consistent as possible and don't ride the waves of emotion.

basedog
03-19-2016, 02:29 PM
So true and that's why i love the game so much! It's so unpredictable, like no other sport. Even the best players and teams are streaky. I've played or coached most of my 51 years and seen stuff that defies logic! Its the greatest game in the world to me but if you don't have patience you should probably pick another sport lol. I laugh when I read the game threads and people freak out in the first inning. It's a long game and a long season with lots of ebbs and flow. I always tell my players just be as consistent as possible and don't ride the waves of emotion.

Yelp like:

Take him out/Leave him in
bunt/don't bunt
steal/don't steal
curve ball/fastball
pinch hit/don't pinch hit
play for 2/play for the out
platoon/don't platoon
sen him home/don't send him home
hit and run/don't hit and run

Such a easy damn game!

Commercecomet24
03-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Yelp like:

bunt/don't bunt
steal/don't steal
curve ball/fastball
platoon/don't platoon

Such a easy damn game!

Lol so true! Coaches have to make quick decisions without the benefit of hindsight. You have to have the stones to make them.

Acid mouth
03-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Baseball gurus, if we take one more from Vandy and go 2-3 this week, what happens to us in the polls?

Commercecomet24
03-19-2016, 05:04 PM
Yelp like:

bunt/don't bunt
steal/don't steal
curve ball/fastball
platoon/don't platoon

Such a easy damn game!

Baseball gurus, if we take one more from Vandy and go 2-3 this week, what happens to us in the polls?

I believe we will stay right where we are.

DistrictDawg92
03-19-2016, 05:40 PM
OT but didn't want to start a new thread. Who is starting for vandy tonight?