PDA

View Full Version : Cohen

missouridawg
03-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Should've left Chody Brown in the bench in the 9th. Bad move there.

Coach34
03-18-2016, 10:23 PM
Should've left Chody Brown in the bench in the 9th. Bad move there.

Sighhhhh

Cody came in during the 8th for Hump that had struck out twice in a row. Why was it a bad move to put your 3rd leading hitter into the game in a righty-lefty match-up?

The bad move was starting Hump in the 1st place

missouridawg
03-18-2016, 10:28 PM
Why did Chody GIDP? It's because he is a slap hitter. We needed a sac fly there. Cole Gordon says hello.

Coach34
03-18-2016, 10:37 PM
Why did Chody GIDP? It's because he is a slap hitter. We needed a sac fly there. Cole Gordon says hello.

Cody is 3rd on the team in slugging percentage

and he is also our best OF'er as I just watched him hose a runner at 3rd...

Try again

missouridawg
03-18-2016, 10:41 PM
He should've been tucking himself to sleep in the Best Western by the time he made that great throw from right.

mic
03-18-2016, 10:46 PM

Read more post less... Trust me...

missouridawg
03-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Read more post less... Trust me.... I don't trust you at all. Chody is pretty damn average. We've got a lot better options on a day-to-day basis.

War Machine Dawg
03-18-2016, 11:02 PM
. I don't trust you at all. Chody is pretty damn average. We've got a lot better options on a day-to-day basis.

He may not be the most talented, fastest, or any of the other extraneous shit people tend to judge players by. But Cody is our best baseball player.

missouridawg
03-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Cole Gordon says hello.

War Machine Dawg
03-18-2016, 11:29 PM
Cole Gordon never gets a chance without Cody.

missouridawg
03-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Cole Gordon never gets a chance without Cody.

Very happy for the win.

I would've not hunted Collins in the 9th or I would've PH win Brown there and bunted him. Then I would've given Cole Gordon the at-bat Brown got in the 9th.

Cohen certainly has his faults. But playing Cody Brown more isn't one of them.

Coach34
03-18-2016, 11:38 PM
Cody was our 2nd leading hitter last season
Cody is our 3rd leading hitter this season
Cody is the best corner OF'er, we have

Its an easy play. He is better than Hump will ever be

Schultzy
03-18-2016, 11:55 PM
Cody Brown every friggin day, period, paragraph.

missouridawg
03-19-2016, 01:50 AM

When the short bus is full of midgets, someone has to be the tallest. Or in a Chody's case, 2nd tallest.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2016, 02:08 AM

Not only that but Cody is clutch. Always seems to come up with the big hit or play. Throwing out that runner at third is the only reason we had a chance to win this game. He always seems to make those type plays. Some guys have a knack for that no matter how talented they are.

Dallas_Dawg
03-19-2016, 08:40 AM
I agree, I think Cody is our best player. Just has a knack for getting on base and making the big play. He must have gotten caught banging Cohen's wife or something, just don't see how he doesn't start almost every game

dawggone
03-19-2016, 09:13 AM

Really, a slap hitter, you do realize Cody lead the entire team last year in extra base hits that's doubles, triples and HR's just so you know. A team that included Humphries, Rooker, Wes Rea, Collins etc... so I guess they are slap hitters as well and out of his 12 hits this year 6 have gone for extra bases, one of which was a grand slam. Last time I checked that's not the definition of a slap hitter. Other poster is right if he don't throw that runner out at 3rd we lose that game on the double that followed.

Taog Redloh
03-19-2016, 09:52 AM
I agree with missouridawg here but overall who cares......who plays LF is a role player......Humphreys vs. LHP and Brown vs. RHP, or whatever, it doesn't matter. There is obviously some bias on this board FOR Brown, but he's also a decent player. But at the end of the day, that position isn't a plus or a minus for us. Relief pitching has been a much bigger problem, and should be the priority.

Honestly if we're talking about a change, I'd like to see Gordon get a start at 1B, and I was saying this long before last night. Let's face it his RBI was a bloop hit and nothing to write home about, so I'm not just fired up over one play. I haven't ever been impressed with Lowe. Decent yes, but not irreplaceable at this point.

dawggone
03-19-2016, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=missouridawg;521234]Why did Chody GIDP? It's because he is a slap hitter. We needed a sac fly there. Cole Gordon says

On why did Cody GIDP, why did one of our best hitters go 0-5 with 4 K's, why did Robson go 1-6, why did starting 9 score only one run on an error for 9 innings. Good pitching that's why.