PDA

View Full Version : I want Cohen fired

Coach34
03-18-2016, 07:16 PM
Leadoff double in the 1st ******* inning and we then ask our best hitter to bunt- IN THE 1st INNING

He should be fired before the 2nd inning starts. Hoooooo-leeeeee-shit

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Well I just be kiss my ass....that meddling SOB.

Coach34
03-18-2016, 07:26 PM
Not to mention we don't even start our 3rd leading hitter on the team with a LH vs RH match up

Its like he is not even trying to win

Blackout
03-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Its like he is not even trying to win

He's not.. He's trying to prove the critics wrong that HIS WAY is the right way

Liverpooldawg
03-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Leadoff double in the 1st ******* inning and we then ask our best hitter to bunt- IN THE 1st INNING

Can we get a list of who you DON'T want fired? That might be simpler. :p

Coach34
03-18-2016, 08:58 PM
I can't believe he hasn't been fired yet. Unreal

Coach34
03-18-2016, 09:00 PM
Can we get a list of who you DON'T want fired? That might be simpler. :p

Cohen is the only one...what makes you say that?

confucius say
03-18-2016, 09:24 PM

We didn't ask Kruger to bunt. You must have been listening to radio instead of watching.

Coach34
03-18-2016, 09:25 PM
We didn't ask Kruger to bunt. You must have been listening to radio instead of watching.

He squared around twice after getting up 2-0

Dawg61
03-18-2016, 10:22 PM

It's obvious he's now doing it to give our fans a big "**** you". Croom did this once. He started taking the stance that nobody new football at MSU better than him so nobody had the right to question what he did. Cohen is taking this same attitude but it's even worse because he's intentionally doing things that hurt his team's chances to win just to give his critics a shitburger to eat. Cohen has to be fired. It's not even a question anymore.

confucius say
03-18-2016, 11:33 PM
He squared around twice after getting up 2-0

Exactly. He was swinging away. First two missed badly. We square around to try to get more balls, which is stupid but we do it all the time. He took two cock shot fastballs. If he were bunting, he would have bunted. It's stupid, but he had no intention of actually bunting. Even Cohen doesn't wait till we get up 2-0 in the count to bunt.

Coach34
03-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Exactly. He was swinging away. First two missed badly. We square around to try to get more balls, which is stupid but we do it all the time. He took two cock shot fastballs. If he were bunting, he would have bunted. It's stupid, but he had no intention of actually bunting. Even Cohen doesn't wait till we get up 2-0 in the count to bunt.

We'll just disagree. I saw a guy that was given the bunt and simply refused to do it

BiscuitEater
03-19-2016, 09:58 AM
I can't believe he hasn't been fired yet. Unreal

Might just have something to do with getting us to the NC .. ya think?

basedog
03-19-2016, 10:11 AM
You may need to wait till the season is over before raising the money to have Cohen fired 34, it's pretty early to fire him when we are only one game deep in SEC play. Like I've said, he makes me scratch my balls at times but that's just an itch not a rash yet!

Coach34
03-19-2016, 10:15 AM
You may need to wait till the season is over before raising the money to have Cohen fired 34, it's pretty early to fire him when we are only one game deep in SEC play. Like I've said, he makes me scratch my balls at times but that's just an itch not a rash yet!

The money is already there.

It was a good win last night- but he is The Meddler. He cant help himself

Intramural All-American
03-19-2016, 10:30 AM
We'll just disagree. I saw a guy that was given the bunt and simply refused to do it

It's amazing to me that you saw mingione give the sign (no one else did), you were able to recognize the bunt sign (very difficult to do), and you were able to read Kruger's mind (a special gift). You really are a clairvoyant. I wish we could hire you to coach all 3 sports, because you are literally never wrong...

mic
03-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Might just have something to do with getting us to the NC .. ya think?

Can't live in the past... If we are going to play that game.. .. I give you last years team and record.

shoeless joe
03-19-2016, 10:34 AM
It's amazing to me that you saw mingione give the sign (no one else did), you were able to recognize the bunt sign (very difficult to do), and you were able to read Kruger's mind (a special gift). You really are a clairvoyant. I wish we could hire you to coach all 3 sports, because you are literally never wrong...

I'm just glad he's coming out and admitting it instead of the passive aggressive crap that was thrown at other coaches.

mic
03-19-2016, 10:40 AM

I don't know if CJC gave him that signal or not.. But coming from someone who played college baseball ... No one does that on their own if after a lead off double top of first with a 2-0.. And Kruger up until now has been the most productive hitter on the team so far. . And if Kruger was doing that on his own , CJC should have been the first one to crawl his ass when got back to the dugout..
We all talk about this team at times not showing they have a sack, well that's a perfect example for that...

So knowing CJC track record, I will side with this was Cohen being Cohen...

Intramural All-American
03-19-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't know if CJC gave him that signal or not.. But coming from someone who played college baseball ... No one does that on their own if after a lead off double top of first with a 2-0.. And Kruger up until now has been the most productive hitter on the team so far. . And if Kruger was doing that on his own , CJC should have been the first one to crawl his ass when got back to the dugout..
We all talk about this team at times not showing they have a sack, well that's a perfect example for that...

And coming from a baseball background, and knowing Cohens philosophy, if a player blatantly disobeys not 1 but 2 bunt signs, he would find a quick spot on the bench.

Coach34
03-19-2016, 10:47 AM

You dont fake bunt on a 2-1 count- nobody does that

Coach34
03-19-2016, 10:47 AM
And coming from a baseball background, and knowing Cohens philosophy, if a player blatantly disobeys not 1 but 2 bunt signs, he would find a quick spot on the bench.

All he has to do is say he didnt think they were strikes...people that dont want to bunt have been doing that for 100 years

confucius say
03-19-2016, 11:01 AM

True. He may have given him the fake bunt sign in hopes the wildness continued. But it was obvious to anyone without an agenda there was no bunt sign.

confucius say
03-19-2016, 11:03 AM

I agree that was odd. But we fake bunt every game regardless of count when a guy is struggling to spot up. I think it's stupid personally. Sit on a 2-0 and 2-1 fastball and hammer it

Intramural All-American
03-19-2016, 11:06 AM

You're actually probably right that he was given the bunt, I'm just getting tired of your constant whining about Cohen and the fact that you feel you know everything about everything. You don't.

Now, to the merit of the situation, while its not how I would have played it, I can't fault Cohen in this particular situation. 1) Sheffield is one of the best pitchers in the country, so you try to scratch out runs when you can. Getting Robson to third with one out increases the chances of getting him in. Now, if we were playing an average pitcher, you absolutely let everyone swing, but Sheffield is elite. 2) Kruger had been struggling recently, so Cohen wasn't as confident he would deliver. 2 weeks ago when he is hitting .600, you wouldn't have seen a bunt

Coach34
03-19-2016, 11:10 AM
You're actually probably right that he was given the bunt, I'm just getting tired of your constant whining about Cohen and the fact that you feel you know everything about everything. You don't.

I dont know everything- I couldnt pass Calculus if I had Stephen Hawking take it for me. But sports-wise, I'm pretty hard to beat

Coach34
03-19-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm just getting tired of your constant whining about Cohen

You must have me confused with someone else. I've been a Cohen defender since he stepped on campus. The only things I've criticized him for is bunting too much- especially in the early innings and the ridiculous constant line-up changes. I defended him on Tuesday's loss blaming it on the pitching. I defended the pitch count for Hudson last Friday. I agree that Rooker and Hump should both play vs LH'ers. I can go on.

But people- including myself- are sick of the way we give away outs early in games. That eliminates any possibility of big innings. You dont constantly give away outs. You dont bunt with people like Collins or Kruger that have never had to bunt in their life. Its bad baseball

CadaverDawg
03-19-2016, 11:29 AM
I dont know everything- I couldnt pass Calculus if I had Stephen Hawking take it for me. But sports-wise, I'm pretty hard to beat

Lol, classic response from Coach. How would you do in a Humility class?

http://s3-ak.buzzfeed.com/static/2014-09/16/20/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-buzz-17060-1410913622-36.gif

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/11/01/635819439127565709-2118646869_anigif_enhanced-buzz-24200-1375904680-27-1441382001.gif

Intramural All-American
03-19-2016, 11:31 AM
You must have me confused with someone else.

You literally just started a thread with the title "I want Cohen fired." Meanwhile, Cohen is 4-0 against the top 10.

Liverpooldawg
03-19-2016, 11:32 AM

I agree, 34 to coach EVERYTHING!

fader2103
03-19-2016, 11:50 AM

How good are you at wiffle ball cause I'd challenge you any day of the week in your own backyard

Coach34
03-19-2016, 11:52 AM
You literally just started a thread with the title "I want Cohen fired." Meanwhile, Cohen is 4-0 against the top 10.

and 0-4 vs Fla Atlantic, E. Kentucky, and Oral Roberts

Coach34
03-19-2016, 11:54 AM
How good are you at wiffle ball cause I'd challenge you any day of the week in your own backyard

That would be fun

confucius say
03-19-2016, 12:07 PM
and 0-4 vs Fla Atlantic, E. Kentucky, and Oral Roberts

For the record, thread title notwithstanding, do you want really want Cohen fired regardless of how the season plays out or were you just being emotional? Or is it the same as with mullen where you would not fire him but you would prefer he leave?

Coach34
03-19-2016, 12:16 PM
For the record, thread title notwithstanding, do you want really want Cohen fired regardless of how the season plays out or were you just being emotional? Or is it the same as with mullen where you would not fire him but you would prefer he leave?

Yes- he is never going to change.

You dont Sac bunt in the 1st 3 innings- let alone the 2nd batter of the game- EVER
You dont ever bunt a guy hitting over .400
You dont ever bunt with your 4-hole guy

Nobody enjoys watching that shit and you know the players hate it. Giving away outs early in games is bad baseball and eliminates the chances of a big inning

Dawg61
03-19-2016, 12:29 PM
Yes- he is never going to change.

You dont Sac bunt in the 1st 3 innings- let alone the 2nd batter of the game- EVER
You dont ever bunt a guy hitting over .400
You dont ever bunt with your 4-hole guy

Nobody enjoys watching that shit and you know the players hate it. Giving away outs early in games is bad baseball and eliminates the chances of a big inning

This is were I stand with Cohen too. He demands pus$y baseball be played at MSU.

DistrictDawg92
03-19-2016, 12:35 PM
It's obvious he's now doing it to give our fans a big "**** you". Croom did this once. He started taking the stance that nobody new football at MSU better than him so nobody had the right to question what he did. Cohen is taking this same attitude but it's even worse because he's intentionally doing things that hurt his team's chances to win just to give his critics a shitburger to eat. Cohen has to be fired. It's not even a question anymore.
You have got to be kidding me with this shit man. You honestly think Cohen would risk his job just to say **** you to Dawg61 and Coach34? Get real.

BrunswickDawg
03-19-2016, 12:44 PM
They won't be Top 10 end of season, so we can't count them.***

Dawg61
03-19-2016, 12:57 PM
You have got to be kidding me with this shit man. You honestly think Cohen would risk his job just to say **** you to Dawg61 and Coach34? Get real.

Yup. I do. No other explanation I can think of for bunting in the 1st inning and 71+ consecutive lineup changes. He wants everyone to have no doubt he is the man in charge at all times. He's a ****ing psycho.

CottonDog
03-19-2016, 01:43 PM
Dang it Cohen. How dare you only beat Vandy by 1 on opening night in the SEC?! No mora excuses**

DistrictDawg92
03-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Cohen's priority list**
1. Saying **** you to message board hero Dawg61
2. Exerting his dominance as alpha male
3. Keeping his million dollar job.

Makes a lot of sense! This board has gone to shit.

GTHOM
03-19-2016, 01:59 PM

And 0-4-1 vs Oral Roberts, EKU, FAU, and a bad Oklahoma team. It goes both ways.

Dawg61
03-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Cohen's priority list**
1. Saying **** you to message board hero Dawg61
2. Exerting his dominance as alpha male
3. Keeping his million dollar job.

Makes a lot of sense! This board has gone to shit.

He isn't responding to me personally dickweed he's responding to everyone. You're the one attaching my name to it not me.

17thebears
03-19-2016, 02:12 PM
Hahahahaha Coonass, you actually think Cohen told Kruger to bunt because he squared around while taking two pitches? My god, that is unbelievable.

WPDawg
03-19-2016, 02:14 PM
pre-series excerpt from Vandy Website......and I heard they are widely considered a good program.

WHO'S IN THE LINEUP?
The Vanderbilt lineup has been a who's who through the team's first 17 games with 14 different Commodores drawing at least one start in the lineup. The Dores had 14 different players start games all of last season with Zander Wiel and Bryan Reynolds being the only two players to see action in all 72 games. Reynolds, Jeren Kendall and Will Toffey are the only three players to start all 17 games this season with Tyler Campbell joining the group having played in all 17 with 16 starts. Every position on the field except for third base (Toffey), center field (Reynolds) and right field (Kendall) has seen multiple starters with the middle infield positions seeing five different players log starts.

basedog
03-19-2016, 02:17 PM
The money is already there.

It was a good win last night- but he is The Meddler. He cant help himself

I don't know 34, I see you only have 785 vCash. I have no clue what that is anyway but I have saved what I have.

Dawg61
03-19-2016, 02:35 PM
pre-series excerpt from Vandy Website......and I heard they are widely considered a good program.

WHO'S IN THE LINEUP?
The Vanderbilt lineup has been a who's who through the team's first 17 games with 14 different Commodores drawing at least one start in the lineup. The Dores had 14 different players start games all of last season with Zander Wiel and Bryan Reynolds being the only two players to see action in all 72 games. Reynolds, Jeren Kendall and Will Toffey are the only three players to start all 17 games this season with Tyler Campbell joining the group having played in all 17 with 16 starts. Every position on the field except for third base (Toffey), center field (Reynolds) and right field (Kendall) has seen multiple starters with the middle infield positions seeing five different players log starts.

In an ocean of evidence towards the contrary you have found one seashell supporting his style.

Coach34
03-19-2016, 02:58 PM

WHO'S IN THE LINEUP?

Thats common in the pre-SEC schedule- because you have to get guys playing time and experience. Its not common to do it 71 times in a row

I seen it dawg
03-19-2016, 03:23 PM
True. He may have given him the fake bunt sign in hopes the wildness continued. But it was obvious to anyone without an agenda there was no bunt sign.

Just no. He's not attempting to bunt there without being told to. Period.

I seen it dawg
03-19-2016, 03:31 PM
Hahahahaha Coonass, you actually think Cohen told Kruger to bunt because he squared around while taking two pitches? My god, that is unbelievable.

He took 2 fastballs down the middle and his body language on both were bad.

pilldawg
03-19-2016, 04:12 PM
We can do better than hosting a regional once in 8 years and we deserve better. Cohen plays bullshit baseball that no one on the planet wants to watch. Throw $1 million dollars at Louisville's, Virginia's and TCU's coaches. They are all better than Cohen and let's get our program where it deserves to be. One National Championship run has skewed people's opinion. The coaches I listed win over 40 games every year, host and go to multiple College World Series. MSU baseball should be that.

confucius say
03-19-2016, 09:55 PM
[/B]

Just no. He's not attempting to bunt there without being told to. Period.

You don't understand. He wasn't attempting to bunt. There was no bunt sign. He was doing what we do every game, squaring around to screw with a pitcher who is struggling to throw strikes in hopes that it continues the wildness.

17thebears
03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
You don't understand. He wasn't attempting to bunt. There was no bunt sign. He was doing what we do every game, squaring around to screw with a pitcher who is struggling to throw strikes in hopes that it continues the wildness.

Good to see someone else knows baseball. These people are clueless.

Liverpooldawg
03-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Dogs win the series on the road at the #2 team in the nation. :cool:

DistrictDawg92
03-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Fire Cohen!!!!!!

mstatefan91
03-19-2016, 11:12 PM

I hope you are regretting this..

confucius say
03-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Good to see someone else knows baseball. These people are clueless.

I seen it and c34 do know baseball though. That's the thing. Can't speak for the former, but the latter is just blinded by the fact that he wants Cohen fired. He told me so on page 2.

I seen it dawg
03-19-2016, 11:26 PM

There is no way with that situation and who he is that he is bunting without getting a sign to. His body language after each pitch clearly showed he was frustrated and uncomfortable with even the thought of bunting. He wanted to do what the sign told him to do but couldn't bring his body to do it. It happens with guys who haven't had to bunt in their careers.

I give that maybe on the 2-0 he squared to take but no way he did it on 2-1 just to try to rattle the pitcher to take a chance to go 2-2 against the shit Sheffield has.

bobcat91
03-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Ha ha, suck it Cohen haters.

confucius say
03-19-2016, 11:37 PM
There is no way with that situation and who he is that he is bunting without getting a sign to. His body language after each pitch clearly showed he was frustrated and uncomfortable with even the thought of bunting. He wanted to do what the sign told him to do but couldn't bring his body to do it. It happens with guys who haven't had to bunt in their careers.

I give that maybe on the 2-0 he squared to take but no way he did it on 2-1 just to try to rattle the pitcher to take a chance to go 2-2 against the shit Sheffield has.

Respect your opinion. Agree to disagree.

I seen it dawg
03-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Fair enough

Coach34
03-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Respect your opinion. Agree to disagree.

you act like the SP had walked 3 people before him. It was the 2nd batter of the ****ing game. Our best hitter had a 2-0 count- a HITTER's COUNT- and you are telling me he fake bunted to try and get Ball 3???? In the 2nd AB of the game??? And not only that- he did it again on 2-1???? Our best hitter did that so he could give one of the top pitchers in the country a chance to make it 2-2 on him????!

There's no way anybody sane or anybody that played baseball would think that's what happened

Dawgface
03-20-2016, 07:36 AM
Ha ha, suck it Cohen haters.

I'm sipping coffee. Always glad to see the guys win......even though I dislike Cohen.

MSUDawg99
03-20-2016, 08:03 AM
I'm sipping coffee. Always glad to see the guys win......even though I dislike Cohen.

Ditto. Just not sipping coffee.

Jack Lambert
03-20-2016, 08:19 AM

I had a A in Trig, B in Cal and a D in Algebra. Go figure. Ole Miss did offer me a spelling scholarship. Those dumb asses.

confucius say
03-20-2016, 08:34 AM
you act like the SP had walked 3 people before him. It was the 2nd batter of the ****ing game. Our best hitter had a 2-0 count- a HITTER's COUNT- and you are telling me he fake bunted to try and get Ball 3???? In the 2nd AB of the game??? And not only that- he did it again on 2-1???? Our best hitter did that so he could give one of the top pitchers in the country a chance to make it 2-2 on him????!

There's no way anybody sane or anybody that played baseball would think that's what happened

We do it every game. Not saying I agree with it. But we do it every game. Watch the next few games and I'll point it out to you.

Eta: why all the anger after we just earned the most impressive series win in the country this weekend? I simply replied to I seen it with the exact response you gave me earlier this thread. Don't let Cohen's flaws and your desire that he be fired ruin the most impressive series win in the country this weekend.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 09:32 AM
I don't have any anger at all. I saw Morris Day in concert last nite with a pretty blonde. Life is good. I'm glad we won and would love a sweep. I'm simply arguing a point that I see very differently. If we are fake bunting in 2-1 counts- then that is the some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard of

tcdog70
03-20-2016, 10:53 AM
My biggest gripe with JC is the fact that we take on 2 ball no strikes. It is proven that hitters hit for a higher average when swinging on Two and O. That is why it is called a cripple pitch. Don't give the pitcher a break by looking at a fastball down the middle. For sure please stop fake bunting, it looks stupid.

17thebears
05-22-2016, 07:59 AM
K.

shannondawg
05-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Only coach would have the balls to start this shit!

basedog
05-22-2016, 08:24 AM

Let it go 34, right or wrong it has NO meaning for this year's success, it proves nothing. Step away or maybe take a day off as we all need to sometimes.

confucius say
05-22-2016, 08:26 AM
The question is does he still want Cohen fired? He told me in a separate thread that during March that he wanted him fired regardless how we finished this season. Then doubled down on that during April.

Dawg61
05-22-2016, 08:28 AM
Let it go 34, right or wrong it has NO meaning for this year's success, it proves nothing. Step away or maybe take a day off as we all need to sometimes.

Guess you didn't notice this is a 2 month old thread that got bumped

Schultzy
05-22-2016, 08:34 AM
In the words of Dr. Roy Ruby "it's a perfect day for MSU fans, we win the SEC but still have plenty to complain about."

In this vain I saw Kruger take two right down the middle at Auburn after getting the bunt signal then hit a double down the right field line.

Kruger pretty much says screw bunting.

Coach34
05-22-2016, 08:52 AM
I still don't want a coach that bunts in the 1st or 2nd inning. But great season and everybody is enjoying our title